test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.35.20141208a.5

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
  • Classes and Balance
    • Great Weapon Fighter
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Tooltip now matches the effect of the power.
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).
  • Items
    • Resolved an issue with claiming the bag from the Enthusiast Pack.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    what is the pvp surprise?

when will you giveaway winter wolf?

happy holydays.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    happy holidays, where is the pvp suprise!! pls
    Don't waste my time.
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can't you see the pvp surprise in patch notes ?

Gwf will kick butt now as never before gaining godlike damage in a glimpse. Dang i think i'll go for my tiefling gwf on holidays.

Happy holidays everyone cheers!
  • andrejauroraandrejaurora Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are Tiamat fixes coming soon ?

Happy holidays !

edit: also please.. tr and gwf can get out of battle pretty easily and instantly kill someone already
  • waleed0waleed0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    can you do maintenance now cause server already down i guess
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please, at least for next time, fix the Tiamat bugs (cleric bug where they never cast the weaken spell and the unkillable head bug if you start attacking too early). Thank you.
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Where is the pvp surprise? That was supposed to come? Why are you ignoring this question! Please just give us some answers. If you are not able to give it to us this week, or last week, just tell us when it is so we dont expect it every maint.. its getting boring..
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    jumboyet wrote: »
    Where is the pvp surprise? That was supposed to come?

old lame marketing trick... is like a Tabloid first page :)
  • sputixsputix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This looks like a decent buff. I just came back to Neverwinter, feeling ready for a comfy game during a comfy season. My only character is a dwarf great weaponfighter in level 45. Really looking forward to logging back in and experiencing the holiday with this game after the maintenance :) Cheers
  • sageamdusiassageamdusias Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey everyone, quick question here: ever considered that the "PvP surprise" or the Tiamat fixes are on hold while the team handles the winter event and the problems that people may be reporting from it? It's a time-sensitive event, so they probably want to be sure that everyone gets the best experience out of it while it's available. This GWF patch may be the only thing they could get done outside of hotfixes. Just put some brakes on your hype train and give the devs and all of them some breathing room.
  • nyetdiemnyetdiem Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for the GWF changes. Hopefully this is just the thing our GWF's needed. Those of us playing this class certainly appreciate the changes & the notice you've given to the more constructive elements of the NW community.

Merry Christmas to all :)
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nyetdiem wrote: »
    Thank you for the GWF changes. Hopefully this is just the thing our GWF's needed.

Destroyers have been begging for better survivability, which this DOESN'T bring.
  • sageamdusiassageamdusias Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please, just call me Deuce, much easier to type that way.

Anyway, you raise a good point, but the devs still need to set their priorities based on time-sensitive material vs. content that will be available indefinitely. It's not necessarily a matter of caring about the customer, it's really just about logical business practices. PvP and Tiamat will be around forever, but the winter event has two and a half weeks left, so they'll want to be sure that it works well for the limited time that it's available. That's what I'd do, anyway. People need to understand that developing games is a JOB for a BUSINESS and requires logic, common sense, and critical thinking, and sometimes that means putting certain things ahead of others against the wishes of the player base, but it's usually worthwhile in the long run.
  • princexvegetaprincexvegeta Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For the GWF's looking for some survivability with the destroyer feats. I have been experimenting a bit. I sacrificed only a very small portion of damage for way more survivability. I noticed if you use avatar boots and gloves with (normal) draconic armor and helm. you can tank hit's a lot better without sacrificing almost any damage. I am currently only a 16.5k GS gwf. This is a new toon and I'm trying to switch to being my main toon. I am currently 7.6k power 3.1k crit 2.2k armor pen. 1.5k recovery. just over 2k defence and 1.4 or 1.5k deflect. Damage resist rests at 38% and deflect hovers around 24% because of bravery. My goal is to have by close to end game at least 10k power with minimum 30% deflect. Even where I am right now though. I can hold my own longer than a normal glass cannon for I don't get 1 shooted nearly as easy anymore if I make a mistake. I forgot to mention I am a dragonborn race GWF. PvP is a bit of a different story though than PvE. Even with my pve gear I have gone positive KD with my gwf and won matches against GS that are close to same level as mine whether they be higher or lower. I am actually really interested to see just how much of an increase that determination buff is. But as ghoulz66 said. MORE survivability would be appreciated cryptic.
  • arqadiarqadi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Good job,thats what destroyer need :)I got 41% deflect chance and all best pvp stuff so the more power only give better survivalibity cause destro its not a tank
  • ithopithop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Destroyers having more survivability? Lets give sentinel more dps while we're at it. Its not needed. Both sides have low survivability. I main a GWF, IV/SENT, and in my opinion to balance out GWF we need some form of control. Without any encounter prones, and stuns being far .. FAR less effective than disables, we are sitting ducks for rogues. Sure, unstoppable breaks control effects, but our decent damage dealers have cast animations that give everyone but guardian fighters a chance to get outta the way.. warlocks too, they arent very dodgy. Keep frontline surge as is, that ae prone was overpowered and anyone who used it knew this, but give us Takedown back, its single target and has a long casting animation to give a chance to get outta the way.

Sincerely,

Pwnan O'Brien@ithop
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ithop wrote: »
    Destroyers having more survivability? Lets give sentinel more dps while we're at it. Its not needed. Both sides have low survivability. I main a GWF, IV/SENT, and in my opinion to balance out GWF we need some form of control. Without any encounter prones, and stuns being far .. FAR less effective than disables, we are sitting ducks for rogues. Sure, unstoppable breaks control effects, but our decent damage dealers have cast animations that give everyone but guardian fighters a chance to get outta the way.. warlocks too, they arent very dodgy. Keep frontline surge as is, that ae prone was overpowered and anyone who used it knew this, but give us Takedown back, its single target and has a long casting animation to give a chance to get outta the way.

Sincerely,

Pwnan O'Brien@ithop

Yeah. Im fine with my survivability (41% DR), I got used to be more squishy and deal damage. All GWF class need is higher base damage and prone from takedown in PvP. You want destro again trolling PvP but its not gonna happen since t tree is designed mainly for PvE.
    200_s.gif
    edited December 2014
    Yeah. Im fine with my survivality (41% DR), I got used to be more squishy and deal damage. All GWF class need is higher base damage and prone from takedown in PvP. You want destro again trolling PvP but its not gonna happen since t tree is designed mainly for PvE.

I hope you're not suggesting that I'm asking for the ridiculousness that was GWF's. I don't even believe we need higher base damage. Just something that can actually stop someone in their tracks for a moment. Without taking the feat that increases the stun on frontline surge it's useless in PvP. Takedown seems to do nothing, and roar doesn't even have a push anymore.(Granted I understand that roar was broken, but now it does nothing.) Everything we had for control was removed, and when you're in a match with two TR and a CW there isn't a lot of wiggle room. Takedown is at least a power you'd have to get good with to use effectively.
  • rangerdautrangerdaut Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    • Classes and Balance
      • Great Weapon Fighter
        • Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).

This changes has not been implemented. Pls fix.
    edited December 2014
    Why the hell do you never work on GF. Or very rare. The last patch for the GF was the super nerf for KV and SoS some weeks after mod 4. So he was 3 weeks nice to play in PVE and PVP. All other classes getting buffed, buffed, buffed and buffed. And immortal PVP classes like DCs, or HR before mod 5, are getting their nerfes after months. The only thing the GF can do right now is buffing his party. And this only good if he use T1 equip. WOW.. T1!!!!!! And for what do you need party buffs in the new content, where nobody makes parties anymore?!
    This is getting on my nerves! Seems I have to quit this game, after 1 1/2 years of playing ...

You could try a different class.. or realize that GF's are relevant in PvP now, I understand the grief they catch in PvE, my first char was a GF and then I switched to GWF, mostly because Sprint is the bees knees.. that mobility though.
  • jarannajaranna Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Since the last patch, my Cleric characters (and my wifes) now see two bars over every Guardian Fighter. The normal health bar, and a smaller blue/grey bar underneath. What's the second bar? Haven't seen it discussed anywhere, can't find it on google, and can't seem to make it change. Any info? A glitch, or intentional?
  • fedurfedur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    • Classes and Balance
      • Great Weapon Fighter
        • Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
    • Items

2rek55g.png
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).
    25.2k GWF Sentinel Half-Orc Fedur.@fedur
    1zupe.png
  • xvader99xvader99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%)." Yes it didn't fixed yet
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    fedur wrote: »
    2rek55g.png
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).

This fix actually is in, but the tooltip did not get that section updated when the fix went in. But I assure you, it *definitely* is working. I just doubled checked.
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    • Classes and Balance
      • Great Weapon Fighter
    • Items

Umm...... what is this fix to the Enthusiast Pack? I claimed mine last night following advice from guildies to delete my origonal Dragon Horde 30 slot bag, since it was reading as a unique item and you could only have 1. Are people now able to actually have 2 of these? If so, can those of us who already opened our bags get a replacement for the bag we deleted in order to do so?
  • gogetthelootnowgogetthelootnow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    • classes and balance
      • great weapon fighter
        • destroyer's purpose: Tooltip now matches the effect of the power.
        • destroyer's purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
        • destroyer's purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
        • destroyer's purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).
    • items
      • resolved an issue with claiming the bag from the enthusiast pack.

destroyers purpose still says +10% with encounter powers. Could you please fix this
  • gogetthelootnowgogetthelootnow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    •destroyer's purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%). -STILL SAYS 10% PLEASE FIX
  • c1int0n1c1int0n1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The very main reason why gwfs are sentinels right now is to survive. Destroyer will only be reconsidered if they return the previous roar and takedown. In pvp destroyer and instagator will not survive considering the amount of power each class can have after the changes.
  • chaoticrisischaoticrisis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    • Classes and Balance
      • Great Weapon Fighter
    • Items

If you actually do the math you get only a 85% damage bonus buff from Destroyer's Purpose (50% from Destroyer's Purpose itself and 35% from Focused Destroyer) unlike before where you did 110% bonus damage (40% from Destroyer's Purpose and 70% from Focused Destroyer) so unless the feat Focused Destroyer is also buffed gaining only 10 stacks actually gives less damage overall. Loving the 20% to encounter powers, though!
This discussion has been closed.