test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Tiamat loadout for HR

2»

Comments

• lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to say. The first line of your post sounds like you are saying StS does bad damage in this fight.

Are you saying StS does too much damage on heads in a zerg run? If head is below 25% and you cast StS you may kill the head?

lo i think we mixed our conceptions of what horrendous damage is, I did mean high damage; went back to stormwarden on the introductiion of mod5 and im very happy with it
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Horrendously good XD

Its pretty op i dont even use them souls anymore, having sts up means u can ride the ls and facetank all of tiamats breaths, while dealing more dmg.

Now add red glyphs into the ecuation and profit
  • whiskeyrosetwhiskeyroset Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thnx for answers, maybe someone should make thread about weapon and armor enchantments to see what hunters have and why... thnx
  • reemusbodeemusreemusbodeemus Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been running Tiamat with a certain Zerg chat group lately. It's been great because the players are good and someone usually posts the ACT stats overview after the fight. I'm normally at the top of the damage list by a margin of 4 to 5 million. This has brought on a lot of tells in game about my spec and play style in this fight.

The best spec for the most damage in Tiamat for me is SW Archery. Xim's build is almost identical to mine. You can check his Archery guide for feat specific stuff etc. The playstyle is mentioned in this thread, but here's a quick recap:

Abilities: at wills: Rapid/Split Shot

encouters: Thorn Ward, Split the Sky, Rain of Arrows

Dailies: Siesmic Shot, Forest Ghost

Passive: Aspect of the Pack, Twin Blade Storm or Lone Wolf. (I use Wolf)

You basically want to keep StS up as much as possible (don't cast it when a head is low for fear of pushing it past 10%).

StS will be 40% of your damage. There are times in the fight that my dps almost breaks 300,000 when the red or blue head do their aoe attack.

As far as the rest of the abilities go, use your best judgement on when to use them. There is no set in stone cookie cutter way to your playstyle on this fight other than casting StS as much as possible.