test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.35.20141208a.4

Comments

• effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    estroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).

Im just grumpy today i guess. This isant all that helpful and alot of time was spent talking about this change in another thread.
    Thing is there are other problems for the GWF that are not addressed and they pushed this instead.
    Its better than nothing though. :)

tnx

they didnt even add this with this update :)))))

there are no changes for GWF .
  • scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aazimar23 wrote: »
    if the instance is winning, odds are there aren't open spots.

People still jump instances hoping to get lucky... Its not like they were gonna win anyway, can just get points at last instance and still be rewarded... Allowing instance switching was just opening it up for bad behavior .. I'd rather see people TRY if they see things are going slow at the start than immediately jumping ship and making it worse for the people that want to try.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    scammerza wrote: »
    What is the point of doing T1, T2, VT or MC now? Even Epic SoT & Epic LoL is not worth it for artifact belts. Now you can get T1 gear at salvage prices and as common drops from dragons. T2 gear is way down as-well because of Tiamat rewards. All dungeons before Mod4 are now obsolete as well as some professions like artificing & weaponsmithing. All i see in our guild now is a list full of people at Well of Dragons & Tiamat. Now i run random dungeons just to get a break from seeing the same content over and over. Mod4 is the only module that has been expanded on by its successor with previous modules just adding on side content. I'm pretty confused about the direction of this game and where it will end up, the only logical thing i can think of is a whole new version where you start over :p

Exactly mate!

They messed up things here very much. Now nobody wants to run any T1 dungeon anymore and T2s are not wanted very much too. DD is hardly fun anymore or you have to wait a ton for a normal group to come along or except you as you are.

The strategy behind Mod 4 and 5 has failed, people do only Well of Dragons and the older good and fun dungeons are empty.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• peerukott1peerukott1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    estroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).

Im just grumpy today i guess. This isant all that helpful and alot of time was spent talking about this change in another thread.
    Thing is there are other problems for the GWF that are not addressed and they pushed this instead.
    Its better than nothing though. :)

tnx
    As I have a destroyer build I am seriously happy with this on paper. Will have to see how it works in gae bbut seems quite a nice boost.
    Now please change some of our at wills and encounters and I am a really happy GWF
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pmabraham wrote: »
    It is far too common to see (mainly) 10K to 12K GS afking around the campfire because either they want someone to carry them (they are lazy) or they gave up from not being able to handle it.

it's not the 10k'ers at the campfire

it's the 20k'ers who gave up early

there really ought to be an AFK penalty. 1 min AFK = booted from Tiamat plus 1 hour prohibition from re-entering
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pmabraham wrote: »
    Good day

For those of you who keep mentioning low GS is ok, PLEASE put your actions where your mouth is and have a 25 person team all <= 12 K GS and win. It is far too common to see (mainly) 10K to 12K GS afking around the campfire because either they want someone to carry them (they are lazy) or they gave up from not being able to handle it.

Thank you.

I second that.. Amen
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • k0lpazk0lpaz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pointsman wrote: »

there really ought to be an AFK penalty. 1 min AFK = booted from Tiamat plus 1 hour prohibition from re-entering

i totally agree with you
    edited December 2014

Then Explain (in your word's) why those 20k'ers are giving up early. because there are two sides on a coin.
    I know the answer but I like to hear it from you
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    • Stealth: Striking a player while you are stealthed will temporarily reveal you to the target you strike. This reveal lasts 2 seconds.

*does a snoopy happy dance* I believe this was well over due! I have said it before and I will say it again, if Bane the God of Murder has to become visible when striking an opponent, then so do players.

And, to all those who want to argue whatever reason your against it, I do not care, I have been a Forgotten Realms fan for over 20 years, and this has been a rule of the realm the entire time.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I did leave just one fight without a bug. Not by jumping, but via the door. Why?. After it took ages to defend the clerics, the zerg dpsed ONE head to 30%. There is no heroic performance enableing a low dps PuG to kill 4 1/3 heads in two more phases, if they do 70% of one head in one phase. Thats not elitism, but math and sound reasoning.

If there where a que system, you would not have to complain about ppl asking for 18k+ GS que times, bc ppl would group according to their preferences and run with whomsoever they prefer.

Why is it elitism, if I spent my time gearing up and want to have a easy run with ppl with similar gear and skill. Yes, a 21k premade with skilled players could faceroll TOT. I am quite sure, that they could kill him in one phase, so what.

As you are fed up with 'elitism', I am fed up with entitelement. 'You have to group with 10k PuGs and AFKlers, if you lose due to them, suck it up'.

I could not care less about 10 AFK ppl on the campfire, if I could enter with 15 ppl I know, who can do TOT on their own. As it is, ppl depend on que times, to ensure a minimum of decent players to win the fight. The poor sobs who dont know this times and dont join this groups by chance are the ones complaining about 47 lost fights in a row.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Warhammer Online, had a system in place where you had to complete certain Tasks to unlock "wards" which you would require to take on the next tier Dungeon/boss fight. Not sure how you could incorporate something similar to this, but lets say that without the "Wards" for Tiamat, you wouldn't be able to enter without them without them.

the real problem I have with 10k GS limit for entering Tiamat is the fact that most of these people do not stack defenses and HP well at all. With the groups being completely random its hard to get with a Tank and a Healer which might be necessary if your defense and HP are too low.

Personally I dont care what GS someone is in order to be able to enter, but to not allow us to Group Queue is one of the biggest Slaps in the Face of MMO History!

You need to be able to allow players to form a "Warband" allowing one or more users (Leader and Moderators) to Creat multiple 5 man groups, change who is in what group, and easily coordinate.

Again, Warhammer Online did this pretty flawlessly and also allowed customized addons to improve even further.

\Neverwinter also has a random issue when Group queuing int eh first place, it seems to take one of your players, and swaps him for a random solo queuer, and then gives him group lead. thsi happens randomly to me in PVP and in Skirmishes.

btw, ive been in one instance where Tiamat was completed in a single phase
  • gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Clerics bugged out in my instance, and I had no ability to switch to a non-broken one. That's a very disappointing fix.
  • enero1986enero1986 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You fix change instance on Tiamat by block this but dont fix any bug on that instance :confused: ang GWF Still have 20 stack 2% per stack
  • k0lpazk0lpaz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    animalust wrote: »
    You need to be able to allow players to form a "Warband" allowing one or more users (Leader and Moderators) to Creat multiple 5 man groups, change who is in what group, and easily coordinate.

that's what i talking about, raid groups
    edited December 2014
    Honestly I find it quite funny when i hear people talking about the lag in Tiamat and (according to them) it's caused by bad coding.
    I have no issues with lag at all and im running this Game on a simple (old) computer (dual core 2.24Ghrz) and a average Videocard..

Sometimes i ask those complainers in the Temple what Computer they have then i hear 6/8 core with state of the art Videocards.. then i come to the next question.. what are the settings they run?... all are saying high settings because my computer can handle it...
    They could turn down their settings for Tiamat a bit and have no lag instead of pointing to coders as they have made bad coding
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    why GWF changes are not implemented???
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    finmakin wrote: »
    Honestly I find it quite funny when i hear people talking about the lag in Tiamat and (according to them) it's caused by bad coding.
    I have no issues with lag at all and im running this Game on a simple (old) computer (dual core 2.24Ghrz) and a average Videocard..

Sometimes i ask those complainers in the Temple what Computer they have then i hear 6/8 core with state of the art Videocards.. then i come to the next question.. what are the settings they run?... all are saying high settings because my computer can handle it...
    They could turn down their settings for Tiamat a bit and have no lag instead of pointing to coders as they have made bad coding

Yes but when you can run most games on high to ultra with no video lag, and you have to turn all the settings in neverwinter down to off or minimum settings to have it run right something is off. I replaced my computer this year. I went from a 4 year old i3 with only an intel HD video on board card and 4gb of ram to a new i7 system, with an Nvidia gtx 860m, 16gb ram, ssd hard drive, and I can't run the settings any better. There is something seriously wrong going on.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014

"It doesn't happen to me therefore the issue doesn't really exist".
    ----
    As a side note I find it funny that heads can still get bugged, while a fix was to swap instances possibly replacing those who already leave. Now you're unable to do that. Thankfully I haven't had someone go leeroy jenkins more than once or twice. It could be a problem though refilling spots if someone decides they don't actually have time or can't be bothered. Plus good groups could actually do 2 favors in 1 run by swapping instance by doing 2 full runs together and not just joining midway.
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Yes but when you can run most games on high to ultra with no video lag, and you have to turn all the settings in neverwinter down to off or minimum settings to have it run right something is off. I replaced my computer this year. I went from a 4 year old i3 with only an intel HD video on board card and 4gb of ram to a new i7 system, with an Nvidia gtx 860m, 16gb ram, ssd hard drive, and I can't run the settings any better. There is something seriously wrong going on.

Maybe not so wrong, try to see it from a different angle.. if coders are making this game so High end computers are able to run their game in high settings then a lot of players who arent able to affort a high end computer are excluded of this game due not reaching the required hardware demands.. so where lies the priorities of the developers ?

Side note. I am a Prot GF and I am aware of this issue so I do not activate KV (wich actually helps the whole raid, because KV combined with ItF gives the raid a extra 7.5% increase in damage output) because it lags players with high end computers out..
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maybe not so wrong, try to see it from a different angle.. if coders are making this game so High end computers are able to run their game in high settings then a lot of players who arent able to affort a high end computer are excluded of this game due not reaching the required hardware demands.. so where lies the priorities of the developers ?
    Umm I'm sorry but I don't think what you just wrote makes any sort of logical sense with how computers work in the real world. The fact is that some process calls are screwed up and not working right on the drivers that a large percentage of users have.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    And the entitlement of 10k gsers thinking they can burden the whole group without putting any effort into meeting practically any requirement to go into the raid apart from reaching level 60 is revolting. Seriously mod 2 had higher requirements. If you're 10k gs which I have seen, go away and put actual effort into gearing up like the rest of us. It's end game content, you're of no use. People overestimate gs requirements, but 10k is ridiculously low in a game that has had massive gs inflation. Anyone who differs in opinion is deluded or a leech.
    If a piece of content has a 10k GS entrance limit, expect 10k GS players to enter. Simple.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, I see this "Show me the group of 10K GS that won Tiamat" argument a lot. Impossible to make that group, so it is an excellent rhetorical argument. What I don't get, though, is how this leads to arguments for a GS in the range I consider to require paying to play. I guess, maybe, there are some AD-wealthy people just because they have played this game forever. I just consider that paying with your life and not your wallet, but time is money so same difference. For my playing budget, I've managed to get an SW into about the 14K GS range. That may not be the affordability wall, but it is getting close.

Here's an odd thing I've noticed in Tiamat runs, though. This SW never finishes below #5 on the scoreboard. Now, I know that doesn't mean anything because nobody knows what the scoreboard means. Lots of high-GS players seem to dismiss it because they don't get a high score. So, it must be meaningless, right? Cause we all know GS is what matters, right?

Here's the interestingly odd thing, though. Pretty consistently, I see that failed Tiamat runs are where my SW ends up on her personal low end (#5) while wins she is always #1 or #2. I am absolutely NOT suggesting this is because my character makes the difference between a win and a loss. Her score is about 100K points higher in a win - doing the exact same things! The point is that, in a win, the group is leveraging EVERYBODY!

That is what has convinced me that the real challenge of Tiamat is one this community is losing. Every time I see talk about separating from "the scrubs" or about how a fail must be because there was some low GS in the instance, I read that as people making assumptions that are getting in the way of winning this challenge. The challenge is to be social and, on short notice, make something out of a hodge-podge collection. Perhaps forcing people not to switch instances will help, but somehow I doubt it.

Yes, I would like to be able to play only with people I can count on. For me, that means people who are not going to go AFK or who are not going to declare the instance a fail and leave when the second phase will be at all challenging (but usually still winnable). Cryptic is not giving us that choice, though. So, now we have to continue trying to solve a social problem in a social game. We don't get the God Mode of social problems - excluding everyone not exactly like us - can we try to solve the challenge we do have, please?
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So.... what the heck is this pvp surprise that was posted by Panderus earlier?
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    So I played Tiamat just now.

First I got a bugged black dragon head, heard of others getting the cleric bug. Oh and I was in a bugged instance (higher number than it should be after entering instantly) but I didn't stick long enough to find out whether I got any rewards.

The incompetent devs didn't fix anything I could see, much less allow people to go in with people they wanted. They actually disabled instance switching which made things worse.

So we waited for 2 weeks for them to make things worse instead of better. Great.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    are you saying by chance, that using older drivers might be more beneficial with Neverwinter?

I was originally using a GTX 275 with my i7 920, 6gb ram, but recently was provided a GTX 570 so that I could Alpha test on Camelot Unchained (alpha has no dx9/10 support).

As it currently stands i pretty much have to turn every setting to off to lowest -.- and even still drop to terrible fps but that appears to be Players ability related

Is there not an option to turn off other player Spell Animations and such? was always a very common option for Large Scale MMO's.
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, I see this "Show me the group of 10K GS that won Tiamat" argument a lot. Impossible to make that group, so it is an excellent rhetorical argument. What I don't get, though, is how this leads to arguments for a GS in the range I consider to require paying to play. I guess, maybe, there are some AD-wealthy people just because they have played this game forever. I just consider that paying with your life and not your wallet, but time is money so same difference. For my playing budget, I've managed to get an SW into about the 14K GS range. That may not be the affordability wall, but it is getting close.

Here's an odd thing I've noticed in Tiamat runs, though. This SW never finishes below #5 on the scoreboard. Now, I know that doesn't mean anything because nobody knows what the scoreboard means. Lots of high-GS players seem to dismiss it because they don't get a high score. So, it must be meaningless, right? Cause we all know GS is what matters, right?

Here's the interestingly odd thing, though. Pretty consistently, I see that failed Tiamat runs are where my SW ends up on her personal low end (#5) while wins she is always #1 or #2. I am absolutely NOT suggesting this is because my character makes the difference between a win and a loss. Her score is about 100K points higher in a win - doing the exact same things! The point is that, in a win, the group is leveraging EVERYBODY!

That is what has convinced me that the real challenge of Tiamat is one this community is losing. Every time I see talk about separating from "the scrubs" or about how a fail must be because there was some low GS in the instance, I read that as people making assumptions that are getting in the way of winning this challenge. The challenge is to be social and, on short notice, make something out of a hodge-podge collection. Perhaps forcing people not to switch instances will help, but somehow I doubt it.

Yes, I would like to be able to play only with people I can count on. For me, that means people who are not going to go AFK or who are not going to declare the instance a fail and leave when the second phase will be at all challenging (but usually still winnable). Cryptic is not giving us that choice, though. So, now we have to continue trying to solve a social problem in a social game. We don't get the God Mode of social problems - excluding everyone not exactly like us - can we try to solve the challenge we do have, please?

Part of the reason you are higher on the leaderboard might be due to the fact that the SW can basically only heal and DPS. Both of these seem to directly impact the leaderboard. On the other hand, CWs, DCs, and GFs can perform knockback. So, while you are focusing on killing the mobs during the Cleric phase via damage, many of the more tactically able classes are focusing on KBing the mobs away from the clerics and over the edges, because the clerics can't do their work while fighting off the mobs of cultists. The KB players don't generate as much direct DPS since the fall is what kills the mobs, but the cleric phase goes much smoother and faster. My main is a CW. Originally I focused on burning mobs via aoe and tended to score rather high on the leaderboard. Then I was directed to change my tactics by guildies. I now score lower, but generally see better runs.

At the same time, I have seen the elitist GS groups that can't follow a simple plan totally blow a Tiamat run by not coordinating DPS and bugging the heads.
    Also, I run a decent computer. My biggest lag spikes seem happen when a DC gets too close and starts procking Burning Guidance out the wazzoo. I have tested this myself on my DC doing WoD with guildmates. The more Burning Guidance I proc, the more lag. It got to the point that I simply stopped playing my DC in WoD. My Dc is a heal/debuff, I am thinking of just switching to DPS and dropping BG.
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    That's the main point...
    ...this game has no clear vision and direction, noone knows which next changes loom on the horizon, and all one can do is to ignore changes and accept sub par character performance or spend an fortune in respecs to chance another char any other week.
    This is even worse due to all the ninja- and failed patches, so that one doesn't even know what works as designed and stays for a few weeks, was a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idea to be scratched in the next patch, or simply an accident / bug.

Mod 4 and Mod 5 directly corelate with the release of the pen and paper D&D 5th Ed. Both Tyrany of Dragons and Rise of Tiamat were also released in pen and paper format as the opening modules for 5th Ed. I personally assume that Cryptic worked closely with Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast to maintain the D&D license and mutually support eachother, similar to how WizKids and Cryptic teamed for the Tiamat figurine. Whe the intellectual property you license goes in a certain direction, you tend to follow
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    Did you actually run the numbers here? This is a BOOST to GWF. 20 * 2% per = 40% boost, Now it's 10 stacks at 5% = 50% boost, plus you ramp up faster so before, 5 stacks got you 10%, now, 5 stacks gives you 25%. Plus, you get more Determination AND you get twice the encounter damage bonus.

If you're saying "poor GWF" sarcastically to mean, no, don't make them better -- then... ok... point taken... but if not, you should understand that this change is a BOOST not a nerf.

This GWF fix doesn't seem to be in game, tooltips are old ones and my buff bar shows 20 stacks and not 10.... disappointing to say the least...
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    valliv wrote: »
    I do agree in 10k gs is bit low. 12 - 13k Gs would be plenty though. just for that little bit extra of survivabillity.

It's not really the GS that is the biggest issue, it's people abandoning the instance (not enough ppl to prot. the clerics fast enough) that's probably the biggest issue, and I'm certain those who are jumping off are the ones that whine the most about it all being other peoples fault.

I do find it a bit sad that I cannot play with my friends doing Tiamat, but generally I like the event. but so far, even though winning the event it's been fairly unrewarding compared to long fights that are really tipsy on the outcome.
    (normally there are only 2min or less left of the event timer when finishing Tiamat. more often just a few seconds left of the timer)
    but if there are too many ppl who don't know how to do the event, it will result in fail but more often because not enough ppl are around. =/

The GS requirement is lower than the requirement of eLoL, you have fresh 60s in greens and blues running with 18-20k GS people. The prices on the AH for BiS Tier 1 gear are extremely low so there really isnt any reason the GS requirement to be there can not be raised to 15k and people still get in with no trouble and very little AD spent.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014

And if you have an emergency call of nature, you're screwed? That's a rather harsh suggestion there.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.