test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, the winter festival is not the exact same as last year.

enigmaticlyenigmaticly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
First here's the link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9009633-winter-festival-event-preview

Now, I may be mistaken, but I don't really see any new rewards in there anywhere. Why participate if I've already got a sled, mimic or fawn? Is this intentional? Seems like rather low effort to me.
Post edited by enigmaticly on

Comments

• cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited December 2014
    New items would be nice for those of us that were here for the prior year's event. I imagine they keep annual event rewards the same for those players who were not yet here in Neverwinter.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ice Sprite companion is new, and the daily gift to open with random rewards in it is new. Also, your first daily present will give you an 80% speed Winter Wolf mount.

Most other stuff appears to be the same thus far, without the event being live to check the crafting, etc.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yee-haa, sled race and fishing contest
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like you can give gifts this year though. I think thats kind of cool. Might be the same stuff but Winter festival is a blast and way better than summer. MONSTERS ON ICE!

Get them on your alts I guess? I think by next year a few new items might have to be added to current events to keep it fresh.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • enigmaticlyenigmaticly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ice Sprite companion is new, and the daily gift to open with random rewards in it is new. Also, your first daily present will give you an 80% speed Winter Wolf mount.

Most other stuff appears to be the same thus far, without the event being live to check the crafting, etc.

Where's the info on these things? I ctrl + f 'd the entire article looking for them.
    edited December 2014
    Where's the info on these things? I ctrl + f 'd the entire article looking for them.

Once you can get into the game, look at the event description in your calendar.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited December 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Nice that they are giving us an 80% mount though, hopefully BoP of course.

The tooltip indicates that it is.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks to me like the events are the same but the rewards and earning them have some differences,I'm glad most of it's the same,my guild mates were not here for it and I can't wait to join them for it.The race is my favorite and wish we had something like it during other festivals,also can't wait for the fishing chat,was pretty entertaining at times,real fawn. Being an amateur astronomer I really love the them and the large telescope,wonder how many will get to the tip this year?
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't mind the same events. This way you can farm less for what you're missing from last year, and if you already have everything (how?) you can relax and just do events you WANT to do. Twilight race FTW!
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I still have my fishing pole. My lures are all musty though. Ick!
  • luthandroseluthandrose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope they put in some stuff for SW. They are a new class and didn't have the chance to get items from this event yet.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i beleive there is a new scarf (may be wrong on that)
    new companion
    and new mount look at calendar it shows the rewards that you could get.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope they put in some stuff for SW. They are a new class and didn't have the chance to get items from this event yet.

Hopefully although they still don't have an SW main hand in the Ardent Favor list of the Vault of Piety.
    I aim to misbehave
    edited December 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    Hopefully although they still don't have an SW main hand in the Ardent Favor list of the Vault of Piety.

They've otherwise been good about adding SW skins for all events, and even making sure they're in the collections. Some HR event skins still aren't in the collections.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• sarrafelinesarrafeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm confused. Why have a Winter Festival in a game called 'NeverWINTER'? It should never be winter, so... What gives?

Though... I love winter, and hate summer, so I'm not going to complain.
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh no. I just remembered the summer event setup that made us wait for each event to be active in order to complete the dailies. I hope they keep the winter one in last year's method- events active at all times, but bonus stuff only for the current featured one. Otherwise my farming will go down the drain- no time to spend online anymore!
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm confused. Why have a Winter Festival in a game called 'NeverWINTER'? It should never be winter, so... What gives?

The city of Neverwinter is named after the river. The river never freezes because
    of some unknown ancient magic. Winter still happens. Also, you'll be in Twilight Tor,
    a mountain village, regardless.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love to hit the Winter festival zone and start Demo_Record - then go back and see what kind of awesome "photography" I can get by going screenshot-happy with it.

The farmed the fishing event last year - it was fun but painful. I'm looking forward to the luge-track race (that is the most fun for me), goblins on ice fight and that kind of stuff. Doubt I'll do any fishing again! Fawn of Shiallia is still my favorite summoned companion (upgrade to Epic is worth it for me - awesome bonus stats, too) - but why farm it when it's still in AH at around 50-60k? LOL
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Each day during the Winter Festival Event, adventurers can look forward to receiving a Starlight Voucher from the Starlight Giftmaster in Twilight Tor. This boisterous Dwarven lass will bestow a player with one Starlight Voucher each day during the Winter Festival. The golden voucher can be used to obtain a Starlight Parcel for free. The brightly colored Starlight Parcels can contain gifts exchanged during Winter Festival in addition to items from other Neverwinter celebrations!

I wonder what that means. Like, they can contain companions, fashion and mounts from other events? Like Summer event, Siege of Neverwinter, Respen's game etc.?
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder what that means. Like, they can contain companions, fashion and mounts from other events? Like Summer event, Siege of Neverwinter, Respen's game etc.?

The current Starlight Parcel tooltip (see http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Starlight_Parcel or the calendar in-game) suggests yes, although you're far more likely to get a rank 4 enchantment or piece of blue 60 gear.

Nobody knows yet how the rewards improve as you open more parcels, or which event items are possible.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • selltekkselltekk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) the annual events are always the same. Fine with me.
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First here's the link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9009633-winter-festival-event-preview

Now, I may be mistaken, but I don't really see any new rewards in there anywhere. Why participate if I've already got a sled, mimic or fawn? Is this intentional? Seems like rather low effort to me.
    meanwhile, over in Champions online. we have the same Winter event, we have had for the last 4 years.
    The only change last year , was changing a mission from solo to group.
  • pepperelfpepperelf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Sadly this information about the Winter Wolf Mount is not correct. No Winter Wolf Mount as part of the winter Festival 2014.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Because the NEVER in Neverwinter is not the same as the "never" in "never say never". The NEVER in Neverwinter actually got its name from its ruler Lord Haleuth Never.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Which is a shame realy... I logged in for my first Winter Festival and left with a bad taste in my mouth, when no Winter Wolf was forthcoming...

Would it have been so difficult for some one to come and post that the calendar entry was wrong?

Heh. You mean like waiting til after Summer Fest before switching the wording
    on all the prizes to 'bind on pick-up'?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?