test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item Icons in Inventory - Display Lag

dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've noticed that, for about the last week, the item graphic inside the coloured icon frames is sometimes absent for a few seconds before suddenly drawing in. This happens when opening my Inventory, or when something is moved to the Inventory by the game (for example, at the bank). Sometimes, the icon is complete, but is missing the 'slot' on its left side for a few seconds before that too appears.

I play DX11, with mostly High settings, Very High Shaders and Max draw distance stuff options. Generally, my experience is lag-free in all other respects. It's a small, strange glitch, and I wonder how common it is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Very common, and has been present for as long as the game has existed. If you look, other parts of the UI like the quest logs, world map and other things also have missing textures at the same time. It's most common in very busy instances, like a heavily loaded PE. This is why a lot of people leave PE when they need to tidy their bags- sheer irritation :D
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yup, very common, and very annoying if you're trying to stack like items into your shared bank since you can't do that without being in PE.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Oh goodess, yes. That can make the bank a real irritant, especially at peak times.

It looks really shoddy. I had at least one friend (a game developer who I have known since we were students together) quit the game in frustration after too much wasting time waiting for UI to load. A clean version of his remarks would be something like "this is incredibly lame, if all these textures are available locally, why do these self-stimulating persons of dubious parentage need to wait on the server before they can be drawn?". I paraphrase, slightly.