test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1 whole second behind due to poor internet connection

barroso986barroso986 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
No lag, "just" ppl dodging my attacks 1 second after i hit them, never being able to land Entangling force 1st against another CW or anything against another TR. Very frustrating... Anyone had similiar experiences?
Post edited by barroso986 on

Comments

• greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Never had this experience since beta... even with the unstable servers.

Where do you live?
  • barroso986barroso986 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Europe. I use an usb stick antenna which gives very varying performance though, download speed varies from 200kbps to 800kbps although it has 1mbps+ capability so i guess my positioning is not ideal. Ppl with the same device happen to have both worse and better performance than mine depending on their location.

Anyway, any idea on what could be the minimum speed to play this game "real-time"?
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    EU players have a constant 160 ping. That was always the case on this server. We still own those americans on a regular basis.
    Still, I'm with you. Please give Europeans an own server. The lags are unbearable as soon as US players join the servers...
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    grabmoore wrote: »
    EU players have a constant 160 ping. That was always the case on this server. We still own those americans on a regular basis.
    Still, I'm with you. Please give Europeans an own server. The lags are unbearable as soon as US players join the servers...
    There is the Russian Server (Drider - "Neverwinter - NeverwinterRU" in the server drop down in the launcher), which is much closer to anyone in Europe than clear over in the USA (California) where Dragon ("Neverwinter - Neverwinter") is located.
  • awoowoo#4143 awoowoo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really don't think it has something to do with your internet unless it happens every time. I have a fast internet connection and usually around 30-40 ping (most days) and the same thing happens to me all the time with lashing blade. The sound registers a hit, however the next thing I know they are dodging after what should have been a successful hit. There have also been times that the damage registered, they dodged and THEN died.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    There is the Russian Server (Drider - "Neverwinter - NeverwinterRU" in the server drop down in the launcher), which is much closer to anyone in Europe than clear over in the USA (California) where Dragon ("Neverwinter - Neverwinter") is located.

Yes, and it's a hive of scum and villainy. Plus, most Europeans don't speak Russian (and don't particularly want to start). Terrible advice :)
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    barroso986 wrote: »
    No lag, "just" ppl dodging my attacks 1 second after i hit them, never being able to land Entangling force 1st against another CW or anything against another TR. Very frustrating... Anyone had similiar experiences?

Yes, very same.
    I am at b1, I can see the red CW coming from afar, I am ready with my finger on the EF key. The enemy CW comes closer, my EF icon lights up, I press the key. The red CW comes to cap the b1. He notices me, he unmounts. He starts his EF animation.
    And now I am floating in the air. His EF was considered faster than mine by the server.

Gear, and living in California near the servers, that's what NWO pvp is all about.

I'd say, better choose a "passive" pvp build, something with large HP pool and your damage coming from passives proc-ed by enemy's hits, rather than an "active" pvp build with decision-making, dodge, cc, rotations and so on.
  • barroso986barroso986 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mindi1 wrote: »
    I really don't think it has something to do with your internet unless it happens every time. I have a fast internet connection and usually around 30-40 ping (most days) and the same thing happens to me all the time with lashing blade. The sound registers a hit, however the next thing I know they are dodging after what should have been a successful hit. There have also been times that the damage registered, they dodged and THEN died.

With the tr is even more pronounced as u must come close to the person, some people literary dodge anything i throw at them, even when the person is engaged in combat and i come from stealth from behind, which is impossible for me. If im not aware that a tr is after me mid-fight there is no chance to dodge lashing blade or anything else. And i tested the lashing blade vs another tr and again i land the hit and then die...

So does 150 ping guarantee a real time experience?