test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

unlock 2nd ench slot for artifacts at epic not legendary

burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
2nd slot should be unlocked at epic level since legendary is out of reach for most players, with current RP prices it might be expensive even for whales at 10mil/item

and without 2nd slot artifacts are often worse than non-artifact stuff, if you spend 1~1.5+ mil on item(thats what would take to buy cheap artifact gear and refine to epic) it should be better than drops/craft you can get for 100~200k
Paladin Master Race
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree overall. The only thing is that there needs to be some type of advantage/perk at the legendary level or no one will level them above epic.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Panderus wrote in a post that he will take into consideration the prices and requirements of RP after making the BtA change. So lets its true or else there will be no more players in it
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    Panderus wrote in a post that he will take into consideration the prices and requirements of RP after making the BtA change. So lets its true or else there will be no more players in it

can you provide a link to this post please.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    legendary is out of reach for most players with current RP

Economic model.
  • Options
    wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nah, it's your reward for going all the way, otherwise there's no point in reaching legendary.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The belt and neck make up for the lack of slot imo. The weapon and off hand don't really have this issue. It does suck losing out the slot to reduce its effectiveness, Ideally there'd be some better happy medium between making it worth the jump to legendary and not being screwed by only affording epic. The personalized stuff would be a much more cost effective alternative. Something I'd use if they didn't character bind the drops. So now I likely have to just give up because artifact gear is too much for all of my toons, and they want my character to be selfish after mastering a profession. I can't really make full use out of my tools =/.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    The weapon and off hand don't really have this issue.

They really don't, because they get normal enchant slots for their item type and not utility. Getting your main hand from green to blue to slot a weapon enchant is critical, but also pretty manageable.

I do hope they take a long hard look at the requirements for legendary though (or XP-based levelling). I am fine with it taking time, but I want to actually see improvements. Gaining one level every couple of weeks on a purple artifact belt while consolidating all refining material drops from all characters is bloody well dispiriting.

Needing to farm millions of peridots by yourself is not the way to keep people engaged and playing your game for years.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    wisam187 wrote: »
    Nah, it's your reward for going all the way, otherwise there's no point in reaching legendary.

or they could swap with utility slot so u get utility slot when you get to legendary and get normal slot at green
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    wisam187 wrote: »

Regular artifacts only get better stats and better activation bonus, and it's still really worth to upgrade them. Artifact gear would work the same way actually; 1 more point in the primary stat for belts, more AP regen for necklaces, more at-will damage for weapons... and better stats. The difference between a Legendary artifact gear and an Epic artifact gear is just too gigantic if you include offense slots.

I hope we have a chance of changing this, because my 2x Draconic Ring and Neck bonus are much better than an epic artifact necklace.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    2nd slot should be unlocked at epic level since legendary is out of reach for most players, with current RP prices it might be expensive even for whales at 10mil/item

and without 2nd slot artifacts are often worse than non-artifact stuff, if you spend 1~1.5+ mil on item(thats what would take to buy cheap artifact gear and refine to epic) it should be better than drops/craft you can get for 100~200k

It's called "legendary" not "common" for a reason.
    Guess what, there are other items so that you can use them.
    I don't agree with you at all, most sets are already pretty useless, if everyone had to have the same items then why bother creating different kinds.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    At epic, you get 458 stats plus 3 ability points. I'm pretty sure +3 CON/STR/etc. is worth at least as much as an enchantment slot.

If not, don't use the artifact gear. Simple as that.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wildwolf8 wrote: »
    but then I wouldn't feel the itch to spend real money on the game...
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Economic model.

Whilst I would welcome the suggested change my inner cynic agrees to the above quoted posters.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    At epic, you get 458 stats plus 3 ability points. I'm pretty sure +3 CON/STR/etc. is worth at least as much as an enchantment slot.

epic neck gives 450+ stats and you get enchant, rank7/8 isnt too expensive and they cost cost half of epic artifact, its legendary not unobtainium and no reason to be that much better, whales will go for legendary anyway for those extra stats(or extra utility slot if they swap slot availability), but this would make them valuable for hi-end-ish ppl
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I hope we have a chance of changing this, because my 2x Draconic Ring and Neck bonus are much better than an epic artifact necklace.

Your Draconic rings/neck are not better than 2 personalized rings and an artifact cloak.

Besides the much higher total stats, the special effect of the artifact cloaks(+1-4% AP per 4 seconds of combat or +2-8 Armor Class) can easily outweigh any other necklace. That's not even counting that you may have invested in the appropriate artifact and belt, allowing the full set effect.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Switch the Utility and Offense/Defense slots on belts and cloaks. That way you have your needed slot from the beginning. Additionally, add a 2nd utility slot on the belt or cloak, or even an overload slot. Possibly even make a new type of overload slot with different effects that are not so overpowering.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This is correct. 3 points in your primary attribute is at least 3% more damage, which is way more than you'll get out of ANYTHING put in a gem slot. Depending on how much power you have, you'll need at least 600-700 more points in power to equal that.

Even if you're slotting a R10, that's only 300 more power. And if you can afford R10's, you can afford Legendary. So for the more average players, each 1% is worth about 220 or so power, or the equivalent of a R8 in that slot.

It's harder to quantify with the AP gain from the neck bonus, but again, gaining 1/2/3% AP every 3 seconds in combat is a huge buff to AP gain, and there's nothing you can put in an offensive slot that could possibly compare.

The issue people have is that it doesn't add to your Gear Score, and people are so obsessed with that dumb number, they'll actually make WORSE choices for their character because they see that number go up.

tl:dr Artifact Equipment, even at green is BiS for some people, BiS for a lot of people at blue, and BiS for nearly everybody at purple.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wouldn't care if the extra slot is unlocked at legendary if there was anything actually useful that you can put in utility slots. But there isn't.
    I'm surprised the artifact weapons don't have the weapon slots locked until legendary as well.
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wouldn't care if the extra slot is unlocked at Legendary if there was anything actually useful that you can put in utility slots. But there isn't.
    Well Dragon Hoard Enchants but i guess if everything you have is already legendary then whats the point of that, oh you could always increase your movement speed.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Your Draconic rings/neck are not better than 2 personalized rings and an artifact cloak.

Besides the much higher total stats, the special effect of the artifact cloaks(+1-4% AP per 4 seconds of combat or +2-8 Armor Class) can easily outweigh any other necklace. That's not even counting that you may have invested in the appropriate artifact and belt, allowing the full set effect.

Not everyone's gonna get those rings.

I am actually, but until then, I'll just leave my cloak in my vault. The other artifacts, in the other hand, are better in any situation, while the cloak relies in having the rings or being legendary.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    fedurfedur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Regular artifacts only get better stats and better activation bonus, and it's still really worth to upgrade them. Artifact gear would work the same way actually; 1 more point in the primary stat for belts, more AP regen for necklaces, more at-will damage for weapons... and better stats. The difference between a Legendary artifact gear and an Epic artifact gear is just too gigantic if you include offense slots.
    Becouse they are LEGENDARY.
    25.2k GWF Sentinel Half-Orc Fedur.@fedur
    1zupe.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    fedur wrote: »
    Becouse they are LEGENDARY.

Don't worry, the orange color will still be available only in the last rank.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    fedurfedur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't worry, the orange color will still be available only in the last rank.

I mean it should give you huge bonus for huge effort. For epic you need only 2 green resonance stacks, but for legendary you need 18 stacks!
    25.2k GWF Sentinel Half-Orc Fedur.@fedur
    1zupe.png
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    FYI, Legendary neck which grants you 4% AP every 3 seconds represents around 50% of your total AP generation in a fight.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    fedur wrote: »
    I mean it should give you huge bonus for huge effort. For epic you need only 2 green resonance stacks, but for legendary you need 18 stacks!

It already gives a lot of compensation through the +1 stat, the 1% AP and the at-will bonus.

Take enchantments as an example. The price from R9 to R10 is much higher than the price from R7 to R8, but the difference between one upgrade and another is the same. The same thing happens with regular artifacts, and people still like to have them on Legendary, even with them not having bonus enchantment slots at that point.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited December 2014
    I support this idea even though I already have a Legendary belt. One should be getting artifact gear to orange for ADDED bonus, not for something that every Epic item have on stock. Added bonus means of course increased number on +X for a stat, bonus utility to an at-will etc.

There's absolutely NO reason why Epic artifact gear shouldn't have offensive/defensive slot while every other Epic item in the game does have one. There is however a reason to have a clearly visible bonus on Legendary item and many of them already have (lower cooldown on artifacts atcive ability, +X stat, bonuses for at-wills).
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    you can look at it another way - it would reduce difference between medium-highend ppl and whales, as legendary is out of reach for all but few ppl, and what will happen when peridots are 150k a stack ? whales and rich ppl probably bought enough RP for mod5 legendary stuff at mod 4 when peridots were 10k a stack, while for the rest i dont have a clue how to get that kind of RP outside of botting
    Paladin Master Race