test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please implement 1 change to Tiamat HE re: cleric phase

inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Please change "F" from "revive fallen player" to "deliver killing blow to player" as if it were a pvp zone. Feel free to throw in a respawn timer too.

I want to deliver my boot to the face of every inept mouth breather who stands near the clerics during cleric phase making the HE take twice as long as normal.

To clarify, if you are standing anywhere near the clerics during the cleric phase, you are wrong. "Oh but i'm a dc/cw/gf and i sunburst/icestorm/bullcharge mobs away from the clerics so i need to be standing there.." Wrong.

No class has any reason to ever stand near clerics. Ever. For any reason. You are wrong if you are doing it and you are costing your instance at minimum 5 minutes (2 and a half dragon cycles) by doing so. Do you realize, your instance would complete this phase faster if you sat AFK at the campfire? Stop standing near the clerics.

Stand on the devil's spawn points and sunburst/repel/charge/whatever the second they spawn, if you feel compelled to throw things (much better to OF on the spawn point but whatev, ppl like throwing things I guess). You're actually far more likely to throw them over the cliff if you do it from their spawn point instead of waiting for them to charge 30 feet inland to the clerics, deal their damage, and then try to throw them back. But much more important than throwing anything is to aggro all the mobs as they spawn, they will charge you instead of the clerics and the clerics will heal to full in 60s.

But much, much worse than the damage the demons do to the clerics, is the AOEs that Tiamat does to the clerics, which is targeted on a player. If you are standing close enough to a cleric that an AOE targetting you would hit the cleric, then you are wrong, you are too close, move further away, ideally to their spawn point. When black or green aoe hits one of the DCs then add 30 seconds minimum to the cleric phase time, each time it happens, each cleric it happens to. It adds up quick, and if DC phase is taking 3-4 minutes then you are doing it wrong.

The cleric phase has nothing to do with DPS. It can be completed without killing a single devil if you had enough good kiters to do it (would be highly inefficient of course, but possible). All you have to do is prevent damage to all 3 clerics for 60 seconds. 60 seconds! All that requires is aggroing all the devils and not placing one of Tiamat's AOEs where it will hit the clerics.

If you only get 3 or 4 chances at the dragon it's because you are wasting precious time during cleric phase by standing near the clerics. Tiamat is winnable by 25 10k GS scrubs who play correctly, even if it takes them 5 or more rounds to kill the heads due to 10k gs lolDPS. If you have more than 10k gs and are failing then look in the mirror and stop standing on the @%#! clerics.
Post edited by inthefade462 on

Comments

• Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Agreed. The only time i every go near the clerics is when there are devils attacking them to push them back closer to their spawn point, or when there's a green dragon aoe on them and i don't have the gem on cooldown. Even then, i dodge there, repel or use gem, and dodge away. But, with a good team i shouldn't even have to do that.

One thing that drives me crazy is when i see CWs singu'ing devils on top of the clerics. Really? It's defend the clerics, not g***bang the clerics.
  • Options
    janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please change "F" from "revive fallen player" to "deliver killing blow to player" as if it were a pvp zone. Feel free to throw in a respawn timer too.

Add this in ALL the game. Press f to revive, k lo kill it.
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    everybody will agree with you, but with constant lags, devils often get to the cleric so you must go for them. good points, but i will be more usefull, whenever instance stop lagging as hell
  • Options
    wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I want that option in all maps.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Agreed. The only time i every go near the clerics is when there are devils attacking them to push them back closer to their spawn point....

no, no, no.

You can't say you agree, then give an excuse why you go near the clerics. You. You the person who posted that. you are wrong.

Never means never.

never, ever, ever, ever, go near the clerics. Ever.
    everybody will agree with you, but with constant lags, devils often get to the cleric so you must go for them. good points, but i will be more usefull, whenever instance stop lagging as hell

It doesn't matter if your instance is bad or has lag or whatever and can't aggro the demons on time. There are classes who have this thing called "Range" who can attack them even after they've reached the clerics.

Both demon types will come to you as soon as you aggro them. Don't worry if they are just standing there for a second, as soon as you have aggro'd them, THEY ARE NO LONGER ATTACKING THE CLERICS. They are mobs, they attack very slowly because they don't have at wills, they are standing there doing nothing waiting for the cooldown to expire on their attacks. As soon as it does, they will a: Teleport to you (Legion Devils) or b: Charge you (Erinyes).
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    no, no, no.

You can't say you agree, then give an excuse why you go near the clerics. You. You the person who posted that. you are wrong.

Never means never.

never, ever, ever, ever, go near the clerics. Ever.

What can you do when you have 5+ ppl fighting near the clerics? Gaining aggro from ppl fighting near the cleric takes a lot longer than dodge, sunburst, dodge. I'm standing 1 sec near the cleric, i'll do this a couple of times and ask them not to fight near the clerics, if they don't understand to only thing i can do is to either switch instance or bear with it and sunburst them away from time to time when there are 10+ mobs bashing the cleric.

Anyways this usually only happens during the second try, which 99% of the time is a lost case anyways. The first one is usually done in <10mins if you know how to queue in order to play with the people you want and not some pugs. Only a few people i know managed to get 2 victories during 1 ToT.
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Open Tiamat tomorrow... good to know, stay away from the clerics lol. As a TR how do you fight them then?
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am a wizard, I stand where I please.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Open Tiamat tomorrow... good to know, stay away from the clerics lol. As a TR how do you fight them then?

Go to where monsters actually spawn and fight there.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Go to where monsters actually spawn and fight there.

Will do. Thanks for helping be less nub ^^
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue