test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it really the TR the problem in pvp?

bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
They did a big change with the TR, which is GOOD.
Before that the TR was the weakest class in the whole game.. Indeed we had just the perma-stealth choice if we wanted to have a bit of fun.
Not talking even about the PVE situation, where finding a party was an impossibile mission.

Now that they balanced the TR with the other classes, all blaming.
And in the while Clerics, Control Wizards and Warlocks dominate the pvp as always.
Clerics if well built are just IMMORTAL. I've seen entire parties trying to kill them with no success.
Is that a balanced class? How about the Control Wizard who has probably the most dangerous offensive powers in the game? Powers that of course they cast while controlling you and in a safe distance. Their range is the same of an HR!

I truly hope they won't change a thing and that they won't listen to the people who are just NOT USED in fighting again this kind of class, since is basically a brand new class.

Although, if the are going to change something, I'd make some upgrades in the other classes that to my point are now left behind, which are HR, GF and GWF.
» Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
Post edited by bakaslam on

Comments

• Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    TRs are the problem, but definitely not because of the damage. The damage is fine, it is the immortality capability that comes with stealth builds which has always been, and remains to be the problem. Rather than just having "invincibility", now TRs also have damage, but their defensive capabilities were untouched (in fact, even buffed for Sabo builds + from longer dodge roll), which is where the problem lies. Perhaps the dazing could be toned down a bit as well, but that is the only other issue I see at the moment and it is far inferior to the problems caused by stealth.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I don't find the TR builds invincible at all.
    Smart player can find and kick *** to TRs with no problems.
    And again, here people are taking in consideration 1 aspect of 1 class.
    But again, other classes have similar and to my opinion stronger characteristics.
    At least the TRs have to be careful to how many people they have around, how close to them are and so on.
    Clerics - for example - just jump into the crowd and stay alive.
    » Hogs of War «

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is the argument here, that a certain build for DCs is OP, so let my TR be OP, too?

Read the preview feedback. There you will find posts from dedicated TR and DC players, who tested the changes. THEY claimed, that certain builds for THEIR OWN class are OP. How comes, that they went live without changes and suddenly they are ok?

If you play a TR and you dont feel OP, maybe you did not use one of these builds. Ppl (most of them anyway) dont complain about DCs or TRs getting a buff, they deserved it, but about a few broken builds/mechanics, that result in (allmost) immortal DCs and OP TRs.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bakaslam wrote: »
    I don't find the TR builds invincible at all.
    Smart player can find and kick *** to TRs with no problems.
    And again, here people are taking in consideration 1 aspect of 1 class.
    But again, other classes have similar and to my opinion stronger characteristics.
    At least the TRs have to be careful to how many people they have around, how close to them are and so on.
    Clerics - for example - just jump into the crowd and stay alive.

There are currently two types of complainers in the forums.

The first types ones are those who complain about what should be complained about -- OP stuff. There is currently one path that is clearly OP in every meaning of the word. Although with a grain of salt, still, many of these sort of complaints do have a ring of truth.

The second types are those who blame everything, everyone else as the reason why they're getting KOd all the time. Blame everything, except themselves. Usual QQ stuff.

So it basically comes down to identifying which is which. Fortunately, it's not too difficult. More than 90% are the latter.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm a TR and I feel OP, running around as exe in pvp doing just fine, my build doesn't cater to pvp one bit though i do use profound scroundrel (because I'm too confused/lazy about what else i should use). I'm nearly 17k, 14k TRs and even 10k TRs give me trouble, I feel we are a little OP in pvp but perfect in PVE. Just hope the nerf hammer doesn't hit too hard.
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm not saying "since other classes are OP let's make the TR OP".
    I'm saying that the CW, SW, TR and DC are all at the same level in "OPness".
    So what I am saying is: instead of nerfing just the TR and the DC and leaving the CW and SW OP (because that's what is going to happen), lets take the other classes and make them stronger, in order to put all the classes at the same level.
    » Hogs of War «

• Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah but the easier fix is just to adjust DC and TR I'm sure
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TR are not a problem... people just do not know how to combat them yet, since alot of out tactics and abilities have been changed.
    Much like we all had surprise when fighting warlocks for the first time.
    It is all the same.

The only thing that could be an issue is that the daze from scoundrel cannot be dodged...
    (example: I dodge the attack but the daze still activates...)

Even vs scoundrels I don't worry to much...

The best way to survive a scoundrel attack is not to run away, because hits from behind feat = daze you again.
    So people learn to not have fear of daze, much like you cannot have fear when underwater or you inhale and drown.

Face the TR and as soon as the daze ends.. counter CC them and they a done deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    osiris2106osiris2106 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think what people cry about is that they cant take 1 fully hit of DF flurry while in the daze that gives it a dmg buff. Particularly the deft slow into smoke with skullcracker so i can DF flurry you combo that is becoming prevalent.

I pug pvp a lot and other times run with 2-3 guildies. My pvp experience is and always has been like hot n cold water depending entirely on who i end up facing.

A large part of the QQ problem though not all of it, is peoples unwillingness to adapt or learn to deal with new changes.

I generally play pvp on my HR,SW and TR. All of which can do very well in the right cricumstances, but in others can be totally subdued by the right team or player.

If you know theres a scoundrel lurking about, play accordingly or pay the price! I'd be much more worried about a Sab tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Deft into SB? But that wastes the 6 seconds of daze from Skullcracker... what an odd choice!
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The only thing that could be an issue is that the daze from scoundrel cannot be dodged...
    (example: I dodge the attack but the daze still activates...)
    You've mentioned this before. You cannot be dazed if you are not hit by the attack. What you are seeing is almost certainly a latency effect. Just because you go into the dodge animation does not mean you actually dodged the attack.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And in the while Clerics, Control Wizards and Warlocks dominate the pvp as always.
    Warlocks dominate in PvP? Since when?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    bielka72bielka72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From a CW perspective, one of the current TR builds in PVP is a problem not just to me but to all other classes.

Before Mod 5, I agree TRS were not as strong as they should be. Yes, a perma stealth TR was annoying, but they didn't do a lot of damage. And yes TRs in general did not seem to do a lot of damage, unless they were geared or well made. The majority of TRs were not heading the kill charts at the end of a match.

In terms of my own performance, I did not have any significant troubles with TRs, unless they were geared up. I'm an 18K+ geared CW with full pure black ice gear (also have corrupted) DR of around 34% with perfect vorpal, artefact belt, weapon and cloak, 35K hp.

However, since Mod 5 that has all changed. From being arguably one of weaker classes in PVP, they are now the strongest. For example, I just finished a pug match where the TR on our side was top of the kills list, with 30 kills and no deaths. I thought, "he must be geared!" but when inspecting his sheet, I found he had a lesser vorpal and rank 6s and 7s. He had no purple artefacts.

He was one shoting everybody, including CWs with 40K HP.

Now, it takes me on average 3-4 encounters to kill a player, (1 if they have low health) on average, in a 1 vs 1 situation. A rotation. But currently TRS can kill you with just one encounter (lashing blade) or use smoke bomb which causes HP to drop by half and then kill you.

Before Mod 4 I had NEVER been killed so quickly and so effortlessly by any class like the TR of today.

Now, its fun playing a TR (I have one as an alt) but something does need to be done about this issue. I'm fine with stealth (its a basic mechanic for TRS) but to be able to do so much damage and then escape in stealth again is silly. It's making PVP very very boring. For example, you die, mount up, jump off your base and splat! a TR has killed you with lashing blade.

It should not be the case that lower geared players should be able to kill higher geared players so easily. If that's the case, what is the point of playing PVP at all and gearing up, if you know it will not make any appreciable difference? This, could be argued, might have a negative effect for the game itself, in that why should a player spend real money on improving his character, by buying zen to buy better equipment, if it will not make any difference in PVP against the current TRS.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Again, here we're talking just about the TRs.
    As someone said before me, the TR are not the problem. They are just a "new" class and people needs to learn how to fight against them.
    But again all people talking about TRs and DCs, forgetting that CW is another OP class that none talks about.
    Same regarding the SW, that if you ask me have a too high damage with the possibility of long dmg and heal.
    That's what I am telling.. If you nerf TRs and DCs, you can't leave SW and CW at their actual position in game.
    In this game the magic is always more powerful than the weapons.

P.s. Shopping by zen should be a way to support the game, not to become stronger than people that has no money to spend on the game. This is a FREE TO PLAY game and shopping should just guarantee extras that would not affect your game - such as cooler mounts or appearance.
    » Hogs of War «

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Warlocks are not good in PVP, ask anybody. They are easy to kill.

TRS, or rather one pathway is the issue in PVP at the moment.

Perhaps you would tell everybody how exactly to fight them....steal time...ice terrain..no...as it is impractical against other classes.

And how on earth can you fight somebody who kills you with one encounter...and you can't even see them? And I'm not talking about pugs either, but highly geared PVP players getting killed by 8K TRS....it is not skill, just an over powered path.

I don't want TRS to be seriously nerfed but brought into balance..

Again, here we're talking just about the TRs.
    As someone said before me, the TR are not the problem. They are just a "new" class and people needs to learn how to fight against them.
    But again all people talking about TRs and DCs, forgetting that CW is another OP class that none talks about.
    Same regarding the SW, that if you ask me have a too high damage with the possibility of long dmg and heal.
    That's what I am telling.. If you nerf TRs and DCs, you can't leave SW and CW at their actual position in game.
    In this game the magic is always more powerful than the weapons.

P.s. Shopping by zen should be a way to support the game, not to become stronger than people that has no money to spend on the game. This is a FREE TO PLAY game and shopping should just guarantee extras that would not affect your game - such as cooler mounts or appearance.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Plz tell an ignorant player, how do you counter a onehit, if you can not even see the enemy, his animation or anything to warn you, that you will have to dodge?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Plz tell an ignorant player, how do you counter a onehit, if you can not even see the enemy, his animation or anything to warn you, that you will have to dodge?

The correct answer is that you don't. Any who are endorsing the current imbalance are simply power drunk or in denial. The devs went overboard with this one fellows, even in PvE. The TR needs to be scaled back some. This is tough to admit as one of my fav characters is my TR.

If the damage stays at the current level for PvP then stealth needs to be changed so that if you take damage from any source you are knocked out of it. This gives the others classes a fighting chance against the now ridiculously overpowered TR.

For PvE they turned the TR into an AoE tactical nuclear missile. The damage is extreme but at least it is counterbalanced by severe aggro problems. I almost will not group with my TR unless there is a GF or threat GWF in the group. Its that bad.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    At Last a player who is intelligent and understands the issue.

Like I said, TR needs to be balanced out, as we are seeing premades of 4 TRS and DCS, which is frankly silly. Even in Mod 4 when CWs were buffed and they were killing people left right and centre, it was still

I mean when you have a situation where a low GS TR can one shot or two shot a CW or any other class for that matter (I know that a few members of one of the top notch PVP guilds, who are supremely geared, are having this situation.

Of course, on any given Sunday, a low GS can kill a high GS (assuming both know what they are doing) but that is usually only because the high GS player has low health or the low GS player is combining his attack with his other team mates. It is fair to say that in a normal situation the low GS player gets killed straight off.

This situation makes a mockery of any skill, gear experience in PVP and more importantly has ramifications for the player base in general and the whole game. Why bother spending time doing endless dungeons in order to get gear to sell? and why bother buying zen?

The poster above made the point

"Shopping by zen should be a way to support the game, not to become stronger than people that has no money to spend on the game. This is a FREE TO PLAY game and shopping should just guarantee extras that would not affect your game - such as cooler mounts or appearance. "

This Is ridiculous. This game is free to play because it is proven business model. It only exists to make money. Period. If you are the CEO, you are not going to turn down the chance to make money but selling items that make people stronger or items that give cosmetic changes. Fact. If you didn't do this then since it is free to play, your revenues will go down and eventually you can't keep the game running. No more game. No more players. No more Neverwinter.

What you are suggesting is some sort of utopian fantasy, everybody equal except for maybe somebody who spent money to get a better brain than you.

Secondly, you mention "than people that has no money to spend on the game" I can understand that, but are you not forgetting one very important point? That you can turn AD into ZEN. There are many players who do this already, who do dungeons, get Epic loot, sell it and then transfer into Zen.

Does that mean you are not very good at this game and can't do even do that?

caexar wrote: »
    The correct answer is that you don't. Any who are endorsing the current imbalance are simply power drunk or in denial. The devs went overboard with this one fellows, even in PvE. The TR needs to be scaled back some. This is tough to admit as one of my fav characters is my TR.

If the damage stays at the current level for PvP then stealth needs to be changed so that if you take damage from any source you are knocked out of it. This gives the others classes a fighting chance against the now ridiculously overpowered TR.

For PvE they turned the TR into an AoE tactical nuclear missile. The damage is extreme but at least it is counterbalanced by severe aggro problems. I almost will not group with my TR unless there is a GF or threat GWF in the group. Its that bad.
  • Options
    keobr09keobr09 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bielka72 wrote: »
    At Last a player who is intelligent and understands the issue.

Like I said, TR needs to be balanced out, as we are seeing premades of 4 TRS and DCS, which is frankly silly. Even in Mod 4 when CWs were buffed and they were killing people left right and centre, it was still

I mean when you have a situation where a low GS TR can one shot or two shot a CW or any other class for that matter (I know that a few members of one of the top notch PVP guilds, who are supremely geared, are having this situation.

Of course, on any given Sunday, a low GS can kill a high GS (assuming both know what they are doing) but that is usually only because the high GS player has low health or the low GS player is combining his attack with his other team mates. It is fair to say that in a normal situation the low GS player gets killed straight off.

This situation makes a mockery of any skill, gear experience in PVP and more importantly has ramifications for the player base in general and the whole game. Why bother spending time doing endless dungeons in order to get gear to sell? and why bother buying zen?

The poster above made the point

"Shopping by zen should be a way to support the game, not to become stronger than people that has no money to spend on the game. This is a FREE TO PLAY game and shopping should just guarantee extras that would not affect your game - such as cooler mounts or appearance. "

This Is ridiculous. This game is free to play because it is proven business model. It only exists to make money. Period. If you are the CEO, you are not going to turn down the chance to make money but selling items that make people stronger or items that give cosmetic changes. Fact. If you didn't do this then since it is free to play, your revenues will go down and eventually you can't keep the game running. No more game. No more players. No more Neverwinter.

What you are suggesting is some sort of utopian fantasy, everybody equal except for maybe somebody who spent money to get a better brain than you.

Secondly, you mention "than people that has no money to spend on the game" I can understand that, but are you not forgetting one very important point? That you can turn AD into ZEN. There are many players who do this already, who do dungeons, get Epic loot, sell it and then transfer into Zen.

Does that mean you are not very good at this game and can't do even do that?

Nah, you are the dumb one.
    You're just another kid with wallet full of money. This game should NEVER be about GS. Whats the point of skill if you want to a 19k GS guy kill a 10k GS?
    The fun thing about TR is that, its the only class (along with Eye of The Storm CW) that can do WELL without GS. A CW can still 100-0 someone in 1 combo, and TR can kill a mid-low lifebar with one hit. NOTHING WRONG.

This is comming from a player that doesnt have enough time to play and wont spend cash since the dolar worths double where i live. You crying because someone one-hited you is just selfish. That one hit skill in PvE for example doesnt do that much. That skill you hate so much is what makes a 10k GS TR be on par with some 18k GS of other classes and if ure against that sorry but ure just selfish and dumb.

NW is a p2w but they dont have to be like that. Things are still manageable with the AD>Zen conversion but ure wrong again. Games like League of Legends, that payin gives you 0 advantage makes much more cash than p2w games. You know why? Because ppl see that its not a p2w, thats a fair game, so they enjoy spending money onto it. NW is a little p2w. Still playable tho, but some classes are just a BIG NO, without spending zen to get high GS...
  • Options
    asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    TRs are the problem, but definitely not because of the damage. The damage is fine, it is the immortality capability that comes with stealth builds which has always been, and remains to be the problem. Rather than just having "invincibility", now TRs also have damage, but their defensive capabilities were untouched (in fact, even buffed for Sabo builds + from longer dodge roll), which is where the problem lies. Perhaps the dazing could be toned down a bit as well, but that is the only other issue I see at the moment and it is far inferior to the problems caused by stealth.

Give me a break it comes down to knowing the classes and nothing to do with stealth mechanic's! With the changes made I can still own perma stealth rogues with out breaking a sweat. Stealth is the main mechanic and soul behind this class and should be left the F*** alone period its the only class that can't blindly swing a sword or cast a spell to a broad area and hit something, no for combat advantage they need to be behind there target!
    They have been given the correct tools for PvP and people are too lazy to learn how to deal with them or lack the skills and gear and would rather cry Nerf hammer than grow a pair! I've pvp'ed with every class this game has to offer and honestly the only two classes that take more than button mashing are the TR & HR
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    The problem is a lot of people are lazy they want easy game they want instant god mode with just a press of a keyboard, they dont study how their opponent play whats their gear whats their path and class whats their role. I can easily outplay anyone any class not unless the GS gap is 6k+ then my role will be mainly disrupt and support.

I pvp alot but not to the extent of leaving pve coz there are still alot of gears I need to get Im 14k GS atm btw with 1.9k kills atm, good players of all sorts of class and paths doesnt complain anything about TR because they know to themselves they have the brain to know what to do but unfortunately majority of the players are.... well not on that level so everyone is asking for nerf instead of improving the game and class so lets throw away crab mentality and grow.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Before that the TR was the weakest class in the whole game.

You couldn't go a paragraph without being blatantly wrong?
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't PvP. I hate it. I think it needs to go away and die, but I get it - some people like PvP. The problem is they need to turn TRs damage down a nothch without affecting PVE.
    What I know about PvP as a rogue is that you can be killed even in stealth, and even tageted after stealth has been activated, so it's not a impenetrable defense mechanism. I also know that even if I'm doing +50k damage crits in PVE, in PvP it's greatly diminuated. PvP specced or not my gs is close to 17k, with a greater vorpal. If I keep hitting someone with everything I got for several seconds, and they don't even lose a quorter of their hp, I think TRs are not as op as you say. I don't want to lose my damage in PVE and become worthless again because your complains and cause your fragile egos can't take defeat in PvP. Maybe they should make a PvP only server with different rules and give you the possibility to copy you characters to that server like we do with the Preview Server.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Omg is this thread still up? After reading heaters and flamers I just stopped to follow this! Lol
    » Hogs of War «

• Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Before that the TR was the weakest class in the whole game.. Indeed we had just the perma-stealth choice if we wanted to have a bit of fun.
    Not talking even about the PVE situation, where finding a party was an impossibile mission.

Now that they balanced the TR with the other classes, all blaming.
    Clerics if well built are just IMMORTAL. I've seen entire parties trying to kill them with no success.
    Is that a balanced class? How about the Control Wizard who has probably the most dangerous offensive powers in the game? Powers that of course they cast while controlling you and in a safe distance. Their range is the same of an HR!

I truly hope they won't change a thing and that they won't listen to the people who are just NOT USED in fighting again this kind of class, since is basically a brand new class.

Although, if the are going to change something, I'd make some upgrades in the other classes that to my point are now left behind, which are HR, GF and GWF.
    warlocks dominate pvp? hrs need a buff? gf's need a buff? lol gwf's need a buff? hahah anyway. says these classes are weaker right, how would buffing help? if you buff the class you will just create new balance issues. now that we need what the problem is and although tr's should have the advantage here and there nerf what makes the class overpowered is better than buffing other classes. This has always caused balance problems. If you know what the problem is in a class fix that problem don't create more problems
  • Options
    sn0wt0ri0ussn0wt0ri0us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    what i think the problem is, this is just my opinion, but 20k tr's going aginst 17k GF's Gwf's CW's HR's, and squishy AF warlocks. oh yeah, and to the upcoming "possible" stealth nerf, Sure lets make it so rogues can be seen in stealth, its not like stealth is... well STEALTH holy **** i cant see a rogue 40' away from me OMG OP OP OP. omg at wills dont take away stealth enough OPOPOP, omg i cant kill this 22K gs rogue OP OP OP OP. omg this rogue has 45k hp OMG OP OP OP. Yeah while you "Terrible players" <---- less colorful choice of words, actually payed any attention, rogues are some of the easiest classes to beat, it might be because i play as a rogue and switch to my gwf, but hell, they can be killed, stop complaing. everyone always has something to complain about, I complain about perma freeze by wizards yeah thats fair, now they want to let these scary ****ing CW's see us at a range? of yeah, thats fair, ITC will be a must which takes away our offensive power, my 50% deflect? HA 37% Damage resistance HA, i had a cw rip me to shreds, i couldnt do anything, he was 18kgs, im 19.5kgs 38khp, and yet i was dead within seconds, everyone has a point of view, why not play that class and learn how to use it before complaining, youll find out that everything isnt as it seems.
  • Options
    mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited December 2014
    PErsonally, i think the whole issue is confusing. Part of this is that when people are "victims" of Tr in pvp, the Tr in question always seems to have all 3 cap-stones, ie the victimw as permadazed, 1-shotted, and permastealthed while the victimw as helpless. I had a conviersation with a team mate today that kind of symbolized this as he complained about all the Stuns that TR get. He diced dazing strike, smoke bomb etc.. didnt seem to grasp Daze isnt stun.

The other issue i think is that the new always crit synergizes so well with Vorpal or more specifically p.vorpal. Im pretty sure if its even plausible some of the 1 shot examples need first strike, P.Vorpal to even have a chance. i was at 5k power, and not hiting nearly high enough to 1-shot anyone with /any/ pvp gear, or any hp buffer for that matter. But the key bit is I have lifestealth rather than vorpal. Alot of the nearly kills i get would change even with normal vorpal.

These "i have 50k hp 50% resists" reports, pretty much either are impossible, or you need first strike/ p.vorpal for it.

But alot of the time they seem to be exaggerated as the player fills in the blamks.
  • Options
    sn0wt0ri0ussn0wt0ri0us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My other concern is that, people dont like the new rogues, which used to be one of the "abondoned classes". Before this last mod, tr's couldn't do things like one shot, or kill a gf or a tank ranger, or even a gwf, tr's were weak, now we finally have an update after 1.5 years and we are viable, Now since there is another class that can kill them All these other classes are pissed, Remember the tank/damage dealing HR? oh yeah now they can be killed, Every class can be killed now, no one is imortal, except maybe a godly DC but with the exchange of being immortal they cant kill ****, so its a reasonable trade off, gwf's with 50k hp and armor class of 37 and 50% DR are complaining that someone can kill them. Here is my rebuttal... you expected to be unkillable? And you think who is OP? everyone dies, even your so called op rogues. I got an idea, use that sprint stamina, or 6 of your dodges, or Shield, or your shield, "CW/GF" dont be a moron, when your character gets to a certian point it starts taking skill to live. Dont beat down a class because you think just because they can kill you they should be nerfed, Gf's are Neverwinters tanks, Gwf's are half tank half damage dealer, HR, CW's SW's TR's are all Damage dealers, not tanks dont be mistaken, dont think because you stack hp and defense it means youre unkillable. get that out of your head. Now in PVE? smoke bomb doing damage? thats ****ing stupid, out damaging cw's in PVE because of smoke bomb? thats stupid. TR's should be the kings of single target, not AOE bull****. and thats another thing, in pvp, 90% of our moves are single target, and you expect us not to kill you?
  • Options
    heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    what i think the problem is, this is just my opinion, but 20k tr's going aginst 17k gf's gwf's cw's hr's, and squishy af warlocks. Oh yeah, and to the upcoming "possible" stealth nerf, sure lets make it so rogues can be seen in stealth, its not like stealth is... Well stealth holy **** i cant see a rogue 40' away from me omg op op op. Omg at wills dont take away stealth enough opopop, omg i cant kill this 22k gs rogue op op op op. Omg this rogue has 45k hp omg op op op. Yeah while you "terrible players" <---- less colorful choice of words, actually payed any attention, rogues are some of the easiest classes to beat, it might be because i play as a rogue and switch to my gwf, but hell, they can be killed, stop complaing. Everyone always has something to complain about, i complain about perma freeze by wizards yeah thats fair, now they want to let these scary ****ing cw's see us at a range? Of yeah, thats fair, itc will be a must which takes away our offensive power, my 50% deflect? Ha 37% damage resistance ha, i had a cw rip me to shreds, i couldnt do anything, he was 18kgs, im 19.5kgs 38khp, and yet i was dead within seconds, everyone has a point of view, why not play that class and learn how to use it before complaining, youll find out that everything isnt as it seems.

++1 ++1 ++1
    1.everyone complained about the sw being op
    2.everyone made a sw because was op
    3.everyone learned to counter sw because they feared him because was op
    4.sw ...was not op anymore
    5.stop talking and start playing
    6.if you dont know the class you have a serious disadvantage countering it anyways
  • Options
    heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    my other concern is that, people dont like the new rogues, which used to be one of the "abondoned classes". Before this last mod, tr's couldn't do things like one shot, or kill a gf or a tank ranger, or even a gwf, tr's were weak, now we finally have an update after 1.5 years and we are viable, now since there is another class that can kill them all these other classes are pissed, remember the tank/damage dealing hr? Oh yeah now they can be killed, every class can be killed now, no one is imortal, except maybe a godly dc but with the exchange of being immortal they cant kill ****, so its a reasonable trade off, gwf's with 50k hp and armor class of 37 and 50% dr are complaining that someone can kill them. Here is my rebuttal... You expected to be unkillable? And you think who is op? Everyone dies, even your so called op rogues. I got an idea, use that sprint stamina, or 6 of your dodges, or shield, or your shield, "cw/gf" dont be a moron, when your character gets to a certian point it starts taking skill to live. Dont beat down a class because you think just because they can kill you they should be nerfed, gf's are neverwinters tanks, gwf's are half tank half damage dealer, hr, cw's sw's tr's are all damage dealers, not tanks dont be mistaken, dont think because you stack hp and defense it means youre unkillable. Get that out of your head. Now in pve? Smoke bomb doing damage? Thats ****ing stupid, out damaging cw's in pve because of smoke bomb? Thats stupid. Tr's should be the kings of single target, not aoe bull****. And thats another thing, in pvp, 90% of our moves are single target, and you expect us not to kill you?

++1 ++1 ++1
    1. Stop crying and stop playing, go with a friend on preview and learn how to counter tr
    2. If the tr changes and can not backcap and hold his ground any given pvp match is just gs measurement, you ll just inspect enemy team and if it has better gs than yours you ll just stay on camp (and i know that you stay on camp since you are here on forums ...complaining about an op class) or, the tr will go back to perm stealth just running around and you ll be the ones complaining...AGAIN