test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Macro or key bind to swap in Power?

lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
Just wondering, is there a way to swap in a power quickly instead of having to open up the Powers window and scroll down? Maybe a key bind command?

Something like this would be useful in the Tiamat fight. When Clerics finish their spell, it would be nice to be able to easily swap in different Encounters/Daily and then to swap back when you have to go back to defending them.
Post edited by lldt on

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've asked & begged for this and yet found nothing
    So if you find anything please post.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?586571-A-key-bind-request
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I watched M3 beta Russian live stream half a year ago, a guy asked PWE employee about that feature. The PWE guy answered, that it's one of the most requested features and they plan to do that but not in this module.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ive asked on all the earlier streams (before akkro, with sominator too) and still...... :/
    Like banging the head on the wall...
    edited December 2014
    Apparently the developers are kept prisoner sequestered in caves and fed pizza as they aren't allowed to consider third-party solutions, and prefer to repeat mistakes made and solved by nearly every other MMO in the last decade.
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes there is a way, but it is against their terms of service.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    As the dev said in the AmA: If it's not making Cryptic any money, don't count on it happening.

Exactly the reason for so many things, and its a shame. If money wasn't the driving force behind EVERYTHING, the game would be so much better. I mean seriously, this games bringing in easily 6 figures in zen purchases a month....more than enough to pay the 5 full time employees they have dedicated to this game comfortably.

As is the way of the world though....money makes the world go around.

That said, they could easily charge 1k AD/2 Zen per switch (bazaar item or something), and people would buy it. Unfortunatley, they would put it up for 250 zen or equivalent AD< and make it useless...cause $$$. (Funny Mods cant close these types of topics anymore, because its been publicly stated now).
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Really isnt hard to hit P, right click on power and select the slot you want it in. I do it all the time and takes a few moments. Might not be ideal but its faster than dragging.
    GShBCGl.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Exactly the reason for so many things, and its a shame. If money wasn't the driving force behind EVERYTHING, the game would be so much better. I mean seriously, this games bringing in easily 6 figures in zen purchases a month....more than enough to pay the 5 full time employees they have dedicated to this game comfortably.

As is the way of the world though....money makes the world go around.

The problem isn't the focus on money -- the problem is the focus on IMMEDIATE monetary gain at the total expense of long-term sustainable monetary gain. They have ZERO vision beyond the next quarter.
    This is a major reason many, many companies (and almost all F2P MMOs) fail after a few years.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
    -Santayana

• str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Really isnt hard to hit P, right click on power and select the slot you want it in. I do it all the time and takes a few moments. Might not be ideal but its faster than dragging.

ahh nice, this'll certainly save me a few seconds each time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I've only had issues swapping powers when I am flustered or my finger decides to have a mind of its own (just had surgery on it).

Never-the-less, I do not think there should ever be a keybind option to swap a power in and out. That's just asking for bad stuff to happen.

Instead, there should be a system in place that when you're either in Protector's Enclave or within a Campfire (not Altar), one can easily switch to a pre-set loadout via a keybind and loadout system. Switching on the fly though like that? No. That's a bit too much. If you want to switch in any other situation, swapping manually is a risk one should have to take. Otherwise, head to a Campfire or PE to reflect upon your character's knowledge and prepare thy abilities for the next battle/area.
  • wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I've only had issues swapping powers when I am flustered or my finger decides to have a mind of its own (just had surgery on it).

Never-the-less, I do not think there should ever be a keybind option to swap a power in and out. That's just asking for bad stuff to happen.

Instead, there should be a system in place that when you're either in Protector's Enclave or within a Campfire (not Altar), one can easily switch to a pre-set loadout via a keybind and loadout system. Switching on the fly though like that? No. That's a bit too much. If you want to switch in any other situation, swapping manually is a risk one should have to take. Otherwise, head to a Campfire or PE to reflect upon your character's knowledge and prepare thy abilities for the next battle/area.

What about fights that have different phases? Where you have to battle a lot of mobs at the same time, then battle the boss, then again mobs, then back to boss and so on. Having to manually switch between powers gets frustrating after a while, especially in long fights that have this repeated cycle of phases.
    laodpu3d124.png