What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

disheartening strike lower dmg" in PVP" only

vadi88gvadi88g Member Posts: 54
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
They nerfed pvp with this first step:
[Disheartening Strike] lower dmg" in PVP" only

THey never wanted to go this step.. now is this is official starting on pvp nerf. good fun.

any further info about other stealthed changes?
Post edited by vadi88g on

Comments

• Options
    mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Eh? I haven't seen whatever source you're using.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    source lol ? its in the tool tip on live server! and you can test it..
  • Options
    lofsilmolofsilmo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If this is the case, why wasn't it in the patch notes?! It does say less damage in pvp but I dont know if it was there before.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's noticeably less damage.
    Still somewhat manageable, just requires a bit more involvement.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I guess it was done to prevent stealthed first strike DS and then running away.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    then why they not fix first strike? and nerf the MAIN at will of rogue in background?? without notifiy anyone...
    Impossible to catch to use perma stealthed agaiN? you want more rogues to go this way
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I guess it was done to prevent stealthed first strike DS and then running away.

More like, it was nerfed to force us to use more than one skill and wait.
    DS damage was stupid before this. It was perfectly viable to stealth, DS, and simply wait.
    At least now I have to actually attack something to kill it.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In all fairness, it did need a bit of a fix. I'm a WK TR and love using it... and knew it was only a matter of time.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's fine. It still does better damage than the old Disheartening Strike.

The only person who'll find the need to complain about this is someone who relied on how OP it was before. I know I'm not complaining.

Are you?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the only thing to complain about is the attempt to keep it hidden. it was needed tho
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    the only thing to complain about is the attempt to keep it hidden. it was needed tho

Completely agree with this.
    With the pre-nerf DS, you could DS a similar-GS GF on point and just wait.
    At least now there's a chance to out-regen it. It also promotes a more active playstyle.

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How much is the damage reduction? I won't be able to log on for a few days to check myself.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A patch note or dev comment beforehand would have been a nice courtesy but w/e they reserve the right to make it up as they go along.

There were other options than just a flat damage reduction *shrugs*
  • Options
    lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How much is the damage reduction? I won't be able to log on for a few days to check myself.

Hard to say I was offline for a few days. Feels like about 40-50% reduction but basing this on very limited data, so I'd be interested what others are seeing.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hard to say I was offline for a few days. Feels like about 40-50% reduction but basing this on very limited data, so I'd be interested what others are seeing.

Pretty much.
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What's the point of patch notes if they just change how powers work without letting us know. Glad they making some changes, but how hard is it to add it to the patch notes?

I guess it does explain why some patches take forever, even though there are no patch notes or the patch notes specify very small changes. Better test all powers after every patch >.>
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    its also abouT no notifiy about that! and still no reply from staff..
  • Options
    chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How unfortunate. Just another useless nerf that was not .... I repeat ... not needed. If anyone is going to argue it was, then it should have been far less in damage reduction. Too much assinine qq-ing about sab WK when its the sab tree that needs adjusting. Now, once again, WK is a useless paragon. I've had it with trying to make it work. It's main paragon power gets neutered and almost anyone can outheal it's damage. Stupid. Long live the Master Infiltrator ... once again the only way to go. Time to respec.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    chestnut13 wrote: »
    How unfortunate. Just another useless nerf that was not .... I repeat ... not needed. If anyone is going to argue it was, then it should have been far less in damage reduction. Too much assinine qq-ing about sab WK when its the sab tree that needs adjusting. Now, once again, WK is a useless paragon. I've had it with trying to make it work. It's main paragon power gets neutered and almost anyone can outheal it's damage. Stupid. Long live the Master Infiltrator ... once again the only way to go. Time to respec.

I'm a 16k-ish WK TR so I can't speak for the whole community...
    However, I actually went PvPing tonight, albeit drunk, and while DS does lower damage, it's really not a problem if you know how to use your class.
    If someone can regen off your 2k+ DS ticks in PvP, you have to take a more active role. The active role isn't too much of a problem with the amount of recovery I have, however, groups can be a problem if you're not too good with positioning.

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mjytresz wrote: »
    I'm a 16k-ish WK TR so I can't speak for the whole community...
    However, I actually went PvPing tonight, albeit drunk, and while DS does lower damage, it's really not a problem if you know how to use your class.
    If someone can regen off your 2k+ DS ticks in PvP, you have to take a more active role. The active role isn't too much of a problem with the amount of recovery I have, however, groups can be a problem if you're not too good with positioning.

Agreed. The damage is still potent enough to be.. well.. "damaging". The only difference is it isn't strong enough to outright kill, so against a similar GS/skill level player it's a good source of damage but not high enough to be the broken OP levels as before.

Of course, against lower GS people(like 3~4k difference)... it's still a killer, as well as PvE-setups with pitiful small HP pool -- as every power from every class should be.
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My suggestion is nerf also gloaming cut and also the stealth should break even if you were just using at-wills , first strike should be lower making it only + 20 percent damage when full. SOD should nerf damage should only be 5 percent of the original damage as well skull cracker lower it to 1 seconds, ITC should only be control immune not stun and prone. when using dodge your stealth will break. lower the damage of blood bath, and SE to 50 to 60 percent. Take out the damage of the smoke bomb. Eventually all class will be satisfied for this changes. They will pay good money just to kill a TR in one or two shots.
  • Options
    keobr09keobr09 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    grac3n77 wrote: »
    My suggestion is nerf also gloaming cut and also the stealth should break even if you were just using at-wills , first strike should be lower making it only + 20 percent damage when full. SOD should nerf damage should only be 5 percent of the original damage as well skull cracker lower it to 1 seconds, ITC should only be control immune not stun and prone. when using dodge your stealth will break. lower the damage of blood bath, and SE to 50 to 60 percent. Take out the damage of the smoke bomb. Eventually all class will be satisfied for this changes. They will pay good money just to kill a TR in one or two shots.

Are u ******ed? pls shut up.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Please use the sticky folks. There's no reason to have multiple threads on this. It does no good for the devs to have multiple topics with feedback all over the place. Look before you post and post in the proper existing threads and forums. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.