test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What about upgrading the tier of gear ?

ggrrhhrrddggrrhhrrdd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello
Something, that really bothers me is that with every module theres new stronger gear, and so the good old T1 gear gets almost forgotten about.

What would you think about giving people the opportunity to upgrade T1 epics to T2 epics and T2 to T3(in my opinion Blackice, Draconic and Draconic Templar) ?

It would allow people to have more options for customizing their builds without the loss of GS, because T1 Gear has some really strong Setbonuses but against a Full Draconic Templar Set the difference in GS makes the T1 Set look really weak(of course there are T1 and T2 Setbonuses that are worth losing the extra GS).

So what about giving players the possibility to take the Setbonus they want with no loss on GS because they can improve the stats of the armour to the next tier ?
Some T2 greaves already have the possibility to be reinforced by a profession task, so why not everything ?

Also something I would personally disagree on would be Artifact Chest, Arm, Head, Legs, Tousers and Shirts, beacause then epics would be finally just a pile of useless scrap.

And by the way would it be possible to rework the GWF's Dread Legion Setbonus, because it really is weak nowadays ? ;)
In love with GWF since 25.11.2013
Post edited by ggrrhhrrdd on

Comments

• Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    what ? afaik t2 is still the best set for about any class(i think clerics still run in t1, but i dont play clerics so not sure)
    as for gwf
    with onslaught AoW has a few k more offensive stats than templar, without it its a few hundred + templar gives hp and hp are bad for gwf since you lose unstoppable uptime

heres a table i made some time ago(including additional power from defense, didnt count hp to stats since i was too lazy to look for the multiplier that is why draco and templar have less total stats than it should, offensive are correct)

AoW
    Draconic
    Templar

Power

Critical
    -
    -

Recovery

Defense

Deflection

Regeneration
    -
    -

Armor pen
    -

Life steal
    -

AP gain
    -

HP
    -

Total(without hp)

Offensive stats

Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    4 HP = 1 any other stat

I agree with the idea proposed in the op, but I more suspect that we'll get armors with set bonuses following the system used for offhand weapons. I actually look forward to it: I think that it's a decent idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    well the problem with more artifact gear would be the total lossof use of epics, which I hope will never come.
    The AoW might be better, I'm not someone to calculate on it but still Draconic and Draconic Templar help the whole party by a lot.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ggrrhhrrdd wrote: »
    well the problem with more artifact gear would be the total lossof use of epics, which I hope will never come.
    The AoW might be better, I'm not someone to calculate on it but still Draconic and Draconic Templar help the whole party by a lot.

It doesn't really matter does it? There's usually only 1 good set anyway. What would be a pain would be if they used the current refining system for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    what I meant to say is:
    PLEASE dont make any more Artifact gear but make the normal epic gear more balanced on one class => all sets same amount of stats but different setbonuses and distribution of the points
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    One thing is sure.. no more artifact gears!!
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Draconic Templar help the whole party by a lot.
    Less crit chance and less crit severity on critters / boss. Are you kidding?
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hmmm, I really liked Master Duelist set on my rogue and but significant lose of GS forced me to turn to DL set (which now is a total joke btw).
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Right now and since my main char its a GF i Use IWD gear mailly for the HP and insane Defensive status like defense/regen but thatc cuz i play the all time with my KV on so its good to have a good 52% dmg resistance to boost party with into the fray and have enought hp regen and life steal to take half dmg from every1.

artifact wep and offhand its a joke for gf as tank power and defense well power to the only none dps class in game its a joke more defense?, my gear already cap it.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    beatannier wrote: »
    Less crit chance and less crit severity on critters / boss. Are you kidding?

Some classes reduced defence. However they nerfed that to 5% so if you were considering it before you're probably best off just saying sod it.
  • Options
    wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm using purified black ice right now (empowered to T3 all the time). Would be awesome to be able to empower other T2 / T1 gear to T3 using a similar method to the black ice one, like spending drake seals to empower your set, or use the drake seals to buy items used to empower your T1 / T2 gear. That way, T1/T2 dungeons won't be a waste of time to run anymore.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Thats exactly what I would welcome to happen.

The real problem is that most of the time, theres only one good set, but this makes it really plain.

About the Draconic Templar Set, I only knew, that it has a buff for the whole party, but i didn't know how much of a buff it is on different classes(GWF's buff is quite great).
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Given that most classes are far better off in T2 for PvE (and DCs in T1), this just seems like a silly idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    this sounds like a statement with no arguments, but i would prefer more possibilities, because there are always several good setbonuses and upgrading the tier would just make every set equal, or at least more equal
  • Options
    fedurfedur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Make new sets (real T3, not trash like Dread, Ilyabruen) with t2 stats buffed by 20%. They could drop in heroic T2 dungeons. Minimal work for cryptic and new point to grind for all.
    25.2k GWF Sentinel Half-Orc Fedur.@fedur
    1zupe.png
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Honestly, at this point I don't see devs bothering with decent gear upgrades. At the current rate we'll have artifact armor sets before we see reasonable replacements for High Prophet/High Vizier/Avatar of War....
  • Options
    thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They added the reinforcement kits to the crafting professions; What if they added similar kits that, when combined, could produce other effects or add additional enchantments slots?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have to say, so far I'm very unimpressed with the Draconic Templar HR gear. So far I've gotten only the bracers and boots, and equipping them destroys my armor penetration. I can make it up with two pieces of Royal Guard, but then I have too much armor penetration (remember, for an HR, strength adds to the amount of damage resistance you ignore, just as armor penetration does). A 16 strength effectively adds 6% on top of what armor penetration gives me, so anything over 18% coming straight from armor penetration is unnecessary.

A full set of Draconic Templar would wind up wiping out half my armor penetration, which I would have to make up at the cost of something else like power. Add it all up and it becomes a huge net minus for offense, with only a small increase in defense and a big HP boost. If you have low-ranked enchantments maybe it can make sense, but if you have rank-7 or better radiants, draconics, etc. you can get HP boosts from those as well as in other ways (cave bear, moonshae druid, augment)

I don't get it. Now, if the armor piece was AC 10 instead of AC 9, that would be something. Right now, though, the best combination for me seems to be what I already had: Grand Warden head and armor and Fabled Iliyanbruen bracers and boots. That gets my damage-resistance-ignored right at the 24% sweet spot.

(As an aside: what is the point of a full set of Royal Guard? When I put that on, my armor pen goes through the roof! Is that meant for PvP?)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd love it if I could either upgrade my t2 set or finally replace it with something that's actually better.

It feels quite silly that every new sets are worse than a t2 set...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    this sounds like a statement with no arguments, but i would prefer more possibilities, because there are always several good setbonuses and upgrading the tier would just make every set equal, or at least more equal

You have more possibilities. Bad possibilities for people who want to make themselves worse, go for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't worry, I'm sure we will see artifact armors next mod as well, since that's the only thing left besides underwear.
  • Options
    wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My reply got removed, so I'll try to be nicer this time.
    I'd really hate to see artifact equipment extending to actual gear, that would just stomp on all the other gear, T1 and T2 alike. Not to mention, PvP gear keeps getting better and better while PvE gear isn't, at the same pace at least (In my opinion).
    Suggestion: Introduce empowering system for current T2 gear similar to black ice gear's system, that would allow T2 to be played as T3.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Better… Yeah… More defense. More Tenacity. More tanky everything. Then insane heals at the end.

Btw; I am up to make artifact gear, including artifact Doohickey and artifact Poking Stick. Yes, Poking Stick.
    And add one (to be chosen) additional power of Poking Stick, like stun, delayed damage, DoT, root or push.