test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fetch Quest, REally?

query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
No this is not a bug report. I'm just asking why we are seeing this quest again when it has not been fixed. Why?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ktogokimerktogokimer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Works fine for me now.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Because there was a fix applied in the last patch?
    Fetch Quest: The wolf now moves faster to keep up with mounted players and resolved a couple issues that could cause the quest items to be unusable.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    tendragonetendragone Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Worked fine for me.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    At this point I would rather do 100 fetch quests than another Tiamat, at least with the fetch quest its possible to do it. They need to fix Tiamat, fetch quest is amazing in comparison.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Works fine for me now as well.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Works fine. I wonder the chances of them releasing the Spirit Wolf as an actual companion...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Because there was a fix applied in the last patch?

Does not seem to make a difference. The dog gets stuck on everything, runs slower than my CW walks, and I can not click any of the areas where I am supposed to be able to click.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Does not seem to make a difference. The dog gets stuck on everything, runs slower than my CW walks, and I can not click any of the areas where I am supposed to be able to click.
    Are you sure you patched correctly? I've run it on two different toons today and that's nothing like my experience. The dog keeps up with my T3 mount, paths around obstacles correctly, and I can dig stuff up wherever he howls.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    working just fine for me, done it in a fraction of the time it took me on preview. Of course on preview i was probably the only one doing it.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Worked for me. Finished it in a couple minutes.

Easy and quick now.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Works fine for me now, post-patch. When I didn't get a bone, it actually showed me digging up a useless item insead, like a pair of boots, which makes more sense instead of digging up nothing. I was able to complete it in under 10 minutes just standing in the middle of three different dig spots and running to the spot when the wolf ran off to dig.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tried again about 4 times. Can not dig up a single bone, the dog runs off in random directions and seems to never be closer than 20 seconds away if I move (and I mean move AT ALL) As soon as I go to an area that has not been dug up, meaning the little mist thing is on the ground and no item is in the area, the dog runs in a different direction, finds a spot with no mist (occasionally he runs back to camp) and I can not dig up anything.

Not that big a deal though, it is not like we actually need to do that quest, there are plenty of others to do.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Tried again about 4 times. Can not dig up a single bone, the dog runs off in random directions and seems to never be closer than 20 seconds away if I move (and I mean move AT ALL) As soon as I go to an area that has not been dug up, meaning the little mist thing is on the ground and no item is in the area, the dog runs in a different direction, finds a spot with no mist (occasionally he runs back to camp) and I can not dig up anything.

Not that big a deal though, it is not like we actually need to do that quest, there are plenty of others to do.
    Sounds like he's running to a bone. Follow him. I had him dig up useless junk 6 times in a row and then the rest he dug up bones. Wasn't a big deal for me that 6-time streak this last time because at least now there is a visual representation as to why he didn't find a bone.. he found something else instead.
  • Options
    oggusperfectusoggusperfectus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it's like the rest of the campaign, I don't bother with that quest anymore. If I see it I don't pick it.
    No fun, too much hasle.

For those for whom the quest works, congrats.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tried again about 4 times. Can not dig up a single bone, the dog runs off in random directions

It's because he's running to dig up a bone. Try to follow him when he darts off...you know, like the quest text suggests.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1