test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balance Issues: Something has to be done, and before mod 6

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
So, I was PVPing with a guildie, a 24k GWF, sentinel/intimidation specced. He's probably one of the best PVPers I know, has been hardcore PVPing since the leaderboard came out. Upon starting our first match, we both became frustrated with the inability for any class to be able to take on a TR 1v1. My friend, the 24k Sentinel GWF, was being oneshotted while unstoppable. By a 10k GS TR ****. This should not be possible. He is considering quitting the game because of his class's inability to take any damage, or do anything.

I can't believe I'm saying this as a CW, but Mod 3 PVP was so much better. The former GWF tyranny that had every other player in this game bawling their eyes out is childplay compared to the bull**** that the TRs can do now. Something needs to be done, and we can't wait six months for it.

In other words, there are two options the way I see it:
- Nerf TR big time
- Revamp tenacity and change the way it works for TR damage resistance, and balance it so TRs are only nerfed in PVP.

Discuss.

p.s. I play CW as a main, and GWF is my primary alt, I PVP on both, and PVE on both (respec when switching)
dulopa4e1d9.png
|| Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From the day we arrive on the planet
    And blinking, step into the sun
    There's more to be seen than can ever be seen
    More to do than can ever be done

Some say eat or be eaten
    Some say live and let live
    But all are agreed as they join the stampede
    You should never take more than you give

In the circle of life
    It's the wheel of fortune
    It's the leap of faith
    It's the band of hope
    Till we find our place
    On the path unwinding
    In the circle, the circle of life

Some of us fall by the wayside
    And some of us soar to the stars
    And some of us sail through our troubles
    And some have to live with the scars

There's far too much to take in here
    More to find than can ever be found
    But the sun rolling high through the sapphire sky
    Keeps great and small on the endless round
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Alright, let us consider:

Assumptions: your buddy has somewhere around 45k HP and 40% DR. Tell me if I'm wrong.

If he used unstoppable, this damage reduction becomes 40 + .6*30 (assuming that unstoppable is multiplicative, as I'm unsure) = 58% DR. He probably has enough tenacity for another 20% DR in PvP = .42 * 20 = 8.4 + 58 = ~66% DR.

Great. Now his effective HP:

45k + .2*45k + barkshield = 54k + 2430 = 56.4k HP.

Effective HP = 56.4 / .34 = 165k HP

The enemy TR would have needed to hit your friend for 165k HP with one shot. That's impossible. Stop lying. That doesn't happen at 24k GS, and it most certainly doesn't happen at 10k GS.
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can confirm this has been happening to me too...

Us GWF's are helpless.

We deserve to be the best class in PVP like in module 2 (I'm serious), here's why:

- We are true warriors

- We RUSH towards the enemy without being afraid of anything

- We have honor

Sigh...
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Assumptions: your buddy has somewhere around 45k HP and 40% DR. Tell me if I'm wrong.

If he used unstoppable, this damage reduction becomes 40 + .6*30 (assuming that unstoppable is multiplicative, as I'm unsure) = 58% DR. He probably has enough tenacity for another 20% DR in PvP = .42 * 20 = 8.4 + 58 = ~66% DR.

The enemy TR would have needed to hit your friend for 165k HP with one shot. That's impossible. Stop lying. That doesn't happen at 24k GS, and it most certainly doesn't happen at 10k GS.

I'd say your estimation of my friends stats are right but you are most definitely wrong about the TR one-shotting because anyone who's been PVPing recently knows that it is happening to everyone.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pics/Vids, please.

Like mrmauveforum above mentioned, its impossible unless your friend is one of those useless PvE builds with all the 24k GS dumped into power, and has something like only 28k HP or something.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    edited December 2014
    By the way OP, old GWF was way more dangerous than current TR.

The old immortal GWF from module 2 would smack any current TR trees anyday.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I will do this once for every time your guildie roared me during the GWF tyranny, so no worries only 17,854 more times to go.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd say your estimation of my friends stats are right but you are most definitely wrong about the TR one-shotting because anyone who's been PVPing recently knows that it is happening to everyone.

Anyone who's been using forums since forever knows that people lie about stuff, remember things wrong, or are most usually poorly informed and has no idea about what actually happened.

I don't want to call you a liar. You probably think that's what happened. Except its PHYSICALLY impossible. A TR build that sacrifices everything for LB, puts all enchants for power, uses every type of damage buff he can get, and he still can't reach enough damage to even remotely come close to putting up required damage levels.

You saw something perfectly normal, and then proceeded to misinterpret of exaggerate it.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, I was PVPing with a guildie, a 24k GWF, sentinel/intimidation specced. He's probably one of the best PVPers I know, has been hardcore PVPing since the leaderboard came out. Upon starting our first match, we both became frustrated with the inability for any class to be able to take on a TR 1v1. My friend, the 24k Sentinel GWF, was being oneshotted while unstoppable. By a 10k GS TR ****. This should not be possible. He is considering quitting the game because of his class's inability to take any damage, or do anything.

I can't believe I'm saying this as a CW, but Mod 3 PVP was so much better. The former GWF tyranny that had every other player in this game bawling their eyes out is childplay compared to the bull**** that the TRs can do now. Something needs to be done, and we can't wait six months for it.

- Nerf TR big time
    - Revamp tenacity and change the way it works for TR damage resistance, and balance it so TRs are only nerfed in PVP.

Discuss.

p.s. I play CW as a main, and GWF is my primary alt, I PVP on both, and PVE on both (respec when switching)

So your friend (godlike GWF) was one shotted by a TR while unstoppable. So he was at full health, running around and magically had full unstoppable up and then bam, one shot.

seems legit...
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    By the way OP, old GWF was way more dangerous than current TR.

The old immortal GWF from module 2 would smack any current TR trees anyday.

GWF was used to falling asleep at keyboard and waking up with a 50-0 record. First rangers started to kill them, now TR. I still hear roar when I sleep
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
    edited December 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    GWF was used to falling asleep at keyboard and waking up with a 50-0 record. First rangers started to kill them, now TR. I still hear roar when I sleep

Yup that is true.

But when HR/TR started to rivalize with us we were nerfed.

If Module 2 GWF was put into module 5 people would easily forget about TR, mark my words. It was the most threatening thing in NeverWinter history.

I think even "Roar-GWF" (No unstoppable and determination nerf) would put up a great fight against the current TR.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    165k HP with one shot. That's impossible.

I don't know about TR for sure, but I did a lot of testing on the PTR before the launch and I know for a fact that both CW and DC can get hits as large as this. So I think it is completely plausible that a TR could do it.
  • mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited December 2014
    [ In regards to the op what you report isn't possible. Your either misinformedbor lying. My tr is 15k gs with FSvslotted I do 32k lb on a dummy I have 5 k power and ignore around 37% armor from stealth. However I don't have a pvorpal (or any vorpal) so with that I could do 47k damage to a target dummmy.

I'd do signifigantly less to your friend. A 10k tr built to 1 shot people can't do anywhere near that damage.

Anyhow the type or tr that does the big hits isnt even the one causing problems in pvp. Sadly most ofnthese tr reports give the impression the tr involved has all 3 capstones.
  • grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014

- Nerf TR big time

Discuss.

Another make - up story come on man 10k gs TR can 1 shot GWF 24kGS you are far from truth brother. I'm 18k gs when i do lashing blade with a gwf 20k+ GS its only 12k but most of the time 6k. Maybe that 10k GS TR has 10k power with 200% critical severity. to be able to do that damage....
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    So your friend (godlike GWF) was one shotted by a TR while unstoppable. So he was at full health, running around and magically had full unstoppable up and then bam, one shot.

seems legit...

LOOL this is soo true. I was wondering how his friend got unstoppable fully up when he was at full health too!! All these other nerds decided to do math to prove him wrong though. Eww math xD
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014

- Nerf TR big time

Discuss.

This GWF smells some bull**** here..

10170838_10204351216474164_6607219323722108354_n.jpg?oh=daa672fe35e5b66ed162ba2c2a537617&oe=551BDC76
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • loddo16loddo16 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its the same story in every single mmo pvp forum. After a huge swipe in class balancing one class gets out of control. Wasnt meant by the developers but it happened.

From now on 2 things happen:

1) Everybody not playing the actual uberclass starts complaining, mostly in a mix between rage and whining, why this class should be nerved ASAP. Keywords like onehit, even weaker gear tops BiS equip and so on.

2) The other side, in this case the TR, starts their feedback by a) complaining that all other classes should l2p to handle the new situation b) complaining that nearly everthing said is simply wrong and c) arguing about uberclasses in previous mods, addon or whatever it is called.

So as a player who loves pvp without having any ambitions for uberness let me say this:

When by the day the changes went live in any bracket the new uberclass becomes more and more played, to a point over 50% play exactly this class is the point where there are no arguments by the class defenders anymore (TR players). When 90% of the top players are TR, then there IS a huge misbalance.

Its funny while leveling to see more and more TR players in the daily pvp matches. Because this class is now so freakin cool that everyone has to do it, or because its easy to farm others?

Dont get me wrong, everyone just playing TR all the time will love this uberness 1 perhaps 2 weeks. Then he/she will stop loving it, because there is no difference anymore between skilled and non skilled TRs anymore. Remember the days a gwf <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you the hell out of your jacket? - That wasnt funny? - Oh, but it is funny to do the same thing now?

Stop complaining why someone is better than any other and try to view it from a neutral side. This misbalance has to be reviewed by the developers fast. They have to change something. And they have to change it slowly. Because nerfing to the ground isnt a way either.

Personally i dont like TRs. Its not my mechanik to play, i would never start playing this class. Should i now stop with pvp because its no fun anymore in battlegrounds?
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOOL this is soo true. I was wondering how his friend got unstoppable fully up when he was at full health too!! All these other nerds decided to do math to prove him wrong though. Eww math xD

To be fair, GWFs do have a sure way to build Determination and it just so happens to be one of the main encounters for Sentinels at the moment. But yeah the opening post is not exactly well-grounded.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    If he is a properly built intimidation sent GWF, he could be one-shotted by a few classes.

With that said, I think people's opinions that TR is overpowered is well documented. Just hope that the devs get a clue
  • blackiejblackiej Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I don’t really want to comment on the state of TR’s, however the above quoted calculations show a much to high number due the fact you forgot to account some multipliers.

- Enemies armor penetration
    - Enemies chance to ignore resistances (caused by some abilities and talents)
    - Enemy weapon enchantments
    - Stacked enemies damage multipliers (buffs and debuffs)

In short, we don’t have enough information to actually calculate the damage done by this TR oneshotting a geared GWF.
    The number the rogue actually hit was less then the mentioned 150k for sure though, which might imply the oneshot did actually happen and might also imply the current TR might need some tweaking. However, I like a challenge and a TR is beatable for sure (or at least tankable for some classes)

//
    ~ da Vinci (22k AC Faithfull PvP Cleric)
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I run around with a 25khp TR. I get walloped for a lot if my hit points in one hit, but have never been one shotted in the new module 5.

I HAVE one shotted people myself, but they are severely undergeared.

OP is spreading BS
    • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
      edited December 2014
      We really don't need more threads with feedback and opinions all over the place. Please keep to existing threads on TR issues or Class Balance, opinions, and feedback. Thanks!

Safe travels,
      Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    This discussion has been closed.