test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bloody Brawler does Nothing

mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Bloody Brawler, the first Scoundrel Paragon Feat, does not increase LifeSteal.

2014-12-02_00004.jpg2014-12-02_00005.jpg
2014-12-02_00006.jpg

I thought that maybe it just increased the lifesteal stat by 2.5%, but that's apparently not so, too:
2014-12-02_00007.jpg
Post edited by mrmauveforum on

Comments

• Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2014
    I'm positive I tested this on preview and it was working, but I already had 1000+ lifesteal from pvp set. Try putting some lifesteal on first of all and see if it multiplies it by 2.5%. It could be that is worded poorly and is not a straight 2.5% addition.

Edit: didnt see the comment above your last pic... The only other thing I can think of is you need more than 84 lifesteal to test it. Coz that will surely be less than 1%?
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm pretty sure it works, but I had to relog to make it show on my damage gained as hp % (not the life steal stat).

Try logoff/logon and see if anything changes! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Alright, so I took it on faith that y'all were right, because I remembered seeing a +2.5% on my Scoundrel on Live. But, I then respeced to Executioner and took Bloody Brawler, and found that, even after relogging plenty of times, I'm not getting the 2.5% increase. I put on my detective hat, and found something interesting.

2014-12-09_00003.jpg
    2014-12-09_00004.jpg

Alright, we all know the drill: doesn't work with just 5 points in Bloody Brawler. How was I getting it to work, then?

2014-12-09_00005.jpg
    2014-12-09_00006.jpg

Aha! Putting points into the other T1 Scoundrel slot gives me the benefits of Bloody Brawler! What if... hmmmm.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    #imagelimit

2014-12-09_00010.jpg
    2014-12-09_00009.jpg

Yep; Bloody Brawler works based on the number of points that you have in the deflection feat instead of in Bloody Brawler. In order to get lifesteal from the deflection feat, you need to put a point in BB, but that's all, and you get full benefit from it!

Hey devs: could you fix this, please? Else I'mma just have to respec again and get a "free" 2% Lifesteal!
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice find! That's why I was getting the +LS, I have both feats on live :)
  • Options
    rpsaucerpsauce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Doesn't that still make it a bug? I want the bloody brawler feat without putting points into ANOTHER feat...that's just r*tarded
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rpsauce wrote: »
    Doesn't that still make it a bug? I want the bloody brawler feat without putting points into ANOTHER feat...that's just r*tarded

It's far from the first time in this game that a feat or power has looked at your ranks in a different feat or power instead of itself.

Yes, it's a bug. Since mrmauveforum has figured out exactly how it's broken, it should also be a relatively simple fix.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia