test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP HR

skillia87skillia87 Member Posts: 10
edited January 2015 in The Wilds
Hi guys,
i would like make pvp with my HR , so i'm looking for some help about :
Feats / Paragons/ weapong enchant and stats (power/crit/armor pen/ ect ... )

Thx a lot if someone can help me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,13n0iii:100000:1uu5zv:100000&h=0&p=pfr

That's a straight forward combat build. For paragon u wanna go Pathfinder. Weapon enchant, GPF IMO is best for PVP. Stats are to your taste, But i like the 2/2 BI set so u get a good balance of offence and defense. 24% ar pen or a little more is good enough for pvp, I wouldn't sacrifice to much to raise it any higher. Regen and LS are good to stack, but with boons and such it isn't hard to get them both to about 1500 each. Power and HP are the big ones to stack once u get everything else in acceptable ranges. Both those stats are linear and have 0 diminishing returns. Remember PVP is about survival and not just damage. As a combat HR you will be the most annoying one to kill if you are doing it right.
  • skillia87skillia87 Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2014
    Thx a lot for help. But actualy ur link don't work (no build on ur link)
    edited December 2014
    It was just for feats. I did not include powers. Here is a link for pvp powers. Once u get power points post 60 u can add to it. First 3 would be for aspect of the pack, That skill is nice for grp pve and new arti offhand has a pretty good bonus for it.

http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=p8v:27s7b7:1by9f7,13n0iii:100000:1uu5zv:100000&h=0&p=pfr
    edited December 2014
    what about stats? dex/wis or dex / str or dex/con?
    edited December 2014
    for pvp, dex/con all the way. However you decide to balance that is up to you though. With my con belt i am at 22 con/26 dex without campfire bonus
    edited December 2014
    wich power u using in pvp ? i guess marauders and fox in encounters, Forste ghost and disturb shot in daily , hunter teamwork and for passiv the lone wolf
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For PvP, I generally run Fox - Boar - Marauders, but that also depends on the enemy team setup. Fox is always in there, though. Gotta have Fox. If I'm turtleing on a node, without too much risk of getting CC'd to death, I might even run Fox/Oak/Thorn Ward.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    edited December 2014
    Yeah for like 80% of all situations I run fox boar and marauders. Similar to the above post if im node holding ill switch marauders for thorn ward. I would rather lose the dash and retreat since i need to stay on the node, while keeping my buffs/KD and biggest dmg dealing skill. The thorn ward actually provides good pressure and the aoe covers the whole node. A little tip. u can shift right before you shoot the ward down and it cancels the animation lock. a quick tab mid shift and you are ready to keep the pressure on.
    edited December 2014
    Any tips to play against Tr ?
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, Turn off all sounds except fx and listen for footsteps, that and if u look carefully u can see like a shadow. After you get used to fighting TR u will start to predict where they are going. If you intercept one by getting close enough and seeing a quick glance u can spam boar charge and KD them or hit em with a disruptive shot and that almost guarantees a boar charge and fox strike.
  • bigskillbigskill Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello, guys I'm a fresh 60 HR, and Im tryinh to gear up.
    Im looking for a good PvP Ranged Spec, I havnt found any so far.... Any suggestions?
    Thx in advance.
    edited December 2014
    Ranged spec as in archery? IF so, your best "ranged spec" is to be COMBAT spec. :) Archery chugs all the d!cks and cannot compete with combat or even trapper.
    edited December 2014
    Do you have a spec to suggest?
  • grandinatagrandinata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited December 2014
    hi :)
    im looking for a trapper build for pvp ,
    im a combat hr , but i want try trapper but I am confused on the skill ; roll and equipment to use .
    any help is welcome :
  • larulinchenlarulinchen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    grandinata wrote: »
    hi :)
    im looking for a trapper build for pvp ,
    im a combat hr , but i want try trapper but I am confused on the skill ; roll and equipment to use .
    any help is welcome :

Greetings :)

For my Trapper HR I am using Fox, Hindering & Binding as encounters. At-Wills are Rapid Shot + Hunters Teamwork.
    Dailies are Disruptive + Ghost.
    Passive are Aspect of the lone wolf + Aspect of the pack.

Due to your very quick encounter spam / cooldown reduction as a trapper, you can pretty much deal very decent amount of damage. But you should really keep switching your stances very often to pull out full potential of this build. DoT damage is very hurtful. Especially the melee version of hindering.
    Movement & positioning is very important too.
    Action point gain is very huge with this build. I can always stun a target or go in stealth.

I used to run full Archery build before. But I was very, very squishy. No survivability in any way.
    Combat was not what I wanted to play. Don't like pure melee.

Trapper contains everything. Movement. Positioning. Prediction. Thinking.
    With this build, I was able to win some 1v1 against TR's which had 15k gearscore.
    Mine is 13,7k.

As attributes I was putting points into Dex + Str. I choosed Str. Because sometimes I need very high armor penetration. Especially for Gf's, Gwf's, DC's & tanky TR's.
    As armor I am going for 2/2 PvP profound archer / combat. Because of switching to 2/2 profound, you'll lose a lot of crit. That's why I'd use PvE accessories for some crit & regeneration.

The enchantment for the weapon I use is.. Plaguefire. To reduce the targets damage resistance + adding a nice, little damage bonus.

Enchantments for armor / accessiores offensive slots, I'd use radiant enchantment. For defense, I'd use azure. Depending which stats you need to stack, some balance between each is always good. That's why you could use as an alternate in the offensive slot a brutal enchantment, & in the defense slot a cruel enchantment.

Your role in PvP is pretty much.. Everything. You can defend an entire match any node. You can also have triple kills in crowds. It is up to you how to behave.
    But tanky doesn't really work as a trapper. :)

Hope I could help. :)
  • grandinatagrandinata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited December 2014
    larulinchen :)
    Thanks so much .
    other suggestions ?
  • noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    skillia87 wrote: »
    Any tips to play against Tr ?
    Would be interested in hearing what one can do against an invisible enemy that kills in one blow. I say hopeless. Stay in groups. Avoid home base when alone. Avoid PVP altogether.
    edited December 2014
    noetic2 wrote: »
    Would be interested in hearing what one can do against an invisible enemy that kills in one blow. I say hopeless. Stay in groups. Avoid home base when alone. Avoid PVP altogether.

Greetings

There are different kinds of TR's out there. Some are the perma stealth ones, but then there are also semi stealth.
    As a HR, especially Trapper, it is pretty easy to survive one of those semi ones. Even though they can stay a pretty decent time in stealth.. You can easily avoid some of their attacks by using Fox, or reduce the incoming damage with oak skin so they can't hit you that hard / heal yourself.

Fox for PvP is very essential for HR. Especially now.. After M5, where TR's can one hit you whilst in stealth.
    I for myself gave up on using Marauder.. It is just not worth so much, than the free dodge from Fox / tons of damage from melee stance. Of course having a gap closer can help you to approach to the target or to escape out of difficult situations. But does it help you in survivability? For Archery specced HR's, I'd find Marauder more important. But for combat / trapper, I'd definitely keep Fox.
    With the free dodge, you have a way better survivability. & the melee version of it does tons of damage. Together with a good amount of life steal, you can actually heal yourself by almost a half of your life with Fox, melee version.
    But I still recommend Trapper, cause it is not only a job to deal good damage. But also, to reduce your cool down by a lot.. Which helps you to stay alive more. (Spamming Fox)

I find myself surviving against a semi stealth TR very good. But of course, perma stealth ones are on an absolute different level & often I see myself losing against a perma. :3

If you use Fox.. Make sure you always have the free dodge enabled. Wherever you go, there might be a TR in stealth, waiting for you to arrive to stick a one hit lashing blade through your chest. If you dodge this one, you already increased the chance of winning against a TR by a lot.
    edited December 2014
    Greetings

There are different kinds of TR's out there. Some are the perma stealth ones, but then there are also semi stealth.
    As a HR, especially Trapper, it is pretty easy to survive one of those semi ones. Even though they can stay a pretty decent time in stealth.. You can easily avoid some of their attacks by using Fox, or reduce the incoming damage with oak skin so they can't hit you that hard / heal yourself.

Fox for PvP is very essential for HR. Especially now.. After M5, where TR's can one hit you whilst in stealth.
    I for myself gave up on using Marauder.. It is just not worth so much, than the free dodge from Fox / tons of damage from melee stance. Of course having a gap closer can help you to approach to the target or to escape out of difficult situations. But does it help you in survivability? For Archery specced HR's, I'd find Marauder more important. But for combat / trapper, I'd definitely keep Fox.
    With the free dodge, you have a way better survivability. & the melee version of it does tons of damage. Together with a good amount of life steal, you can actually heal yourself by almost a half of your life with Fox, melee version.
    But I still recommend Trapper, cause it is not only a job to deal good damage. But also, to reduce your cool down by a lot.. Which helps you to stay alive more. (Spamming Fox)

I find myself surviving against a semi stealth TR very good. But of course, perma stealth ones are on an absolute different level & often I see myself losing against a perma. :3

If you use Fox.. Make sure you always have the free dodge enabled. Wherever you go, there might be a TR in stealth, waiting for you to arrive to stick a one hit lashing blade through your chest. If you dodge this one, you already increased the chance of winning against a TR by a lot.

As you i choose the HR because of Archery i like ranged DPS, i hit 60 just last week so im still gearing up.
    The main problem is i can't survive..... some class hit me like 31k dmg and my total health is like 24k.....
    I was looking for a valid spec that allowed me to do something, but i dont like the melee side of the HR.
    Wich "talents" did you pick up? Are you Stormwarden?
    Sorry if I used wow style words, i dont remember the neverwinter one.....

Thx :)
    edited December 2014
    bigskill wrote: »
    As you i choose the HR because of Archery i like ranged DPS, i hit 60 just last week so im still gearing up.
    The main problem is i can't survive..... some class hit me like 31k dmg and my total health is like 24k.....
    I was looking for a valid spec that allowed me to do something, but i dont like the melee side of the HR.
    Wich "talents" did you pick up? Are you Stormwarden?
    Sorry if I used wow style words, i dont remember the neverwinter one.....

Thx :)

Currently I am Pathfinder - Full Trapper spec. (Every feat point into trapper)

http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,13j3iei:100000:100000:1zu5z1&h=0&p=pfr
    (Wasn't skilling powers at this link - just click on "feats")
    I tested archery & combat before & now trapper. I liked archery very much.. But I had problems with survivability. Just like you. Especially after Module 5.

I had no problems with the combat spec.. But my personal preference is not "melee only". I wanted to play both. Complex with stance switching.

Trapper was my choice to go. & so far I like it. But it is a little difficult to play. If you play it really right, you don't really need at wills so much. Probably only Hunters Teamwork to mark the target.. Rest is using encounters / dailies.
    If you have cool down on everything though, you'll still have Rapid Shot / Rapid Strike At-Will, which also deals good damage. At least until your cool down are done again.

But remember: This build + At Wills, Attributes etc. I posted a few posts ago (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?802661-PvP-HR&p=9639291&viewfull=1#post9639291) is all based on my personal playstyles & likings. I am not saying it is an optimal build. But with this one, I really drive good in PvP.
    At least way better than with Archery.

But to be honest.. Before M5, sometimes I had scores of 30 - 0 in PvP with Archery spec. :) But of course only whenever I had a good day / squishy enemies.

Now in M5 I decided to do some major changes.
    edited December 2014
    Currently I am Pathfinder - Full Trapper spec. (Every feat point into trapper)

http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,13j3iei:100000:100000:1zu5z1&h=0&p=pfr
    (Wasn't skilling powers at this link - just click on "feats")
    I tested archery & combat before & now trapper. I liked archery very much.. But I had problems with survivability. Just like you. Especially after Module 5.

I had no problems with the combat spec.. But my personal preference is not "melee only". I wanted to play both. Complex with stance switching.

Trapper was my choice to go. & so far I like it. But it is a little difficult to play. If you play it really right, you don't really need at wills so much. Probably only Hunters Teamwork to mark the target.. Rest is using encounters / dailies.
    If you have cool down on everything though, you'll still have Rapid Shot / Rapid Strike At-Will, which also deals good damage. At least until your cool down are done again.

But remember: This build + At Wills, Attributes etc. I posted a few posts ago (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?802661-PvP-HR&p=9639291&viewfull=1#post9639291) is all based on my personal playstyles & likings. I am not saying it is an optimal build. But with this one, I really drive good in PvP.
    At least way better than with Archery.

But to be honest.. Before M5, sometimes I had scores of 30 - 0 in PvP with Archery spec. :) But of course only whenever I had a good day / squishy enemies.

Now in M5 I decided to do some major changes.

Interesting, because when first i joined the game few people told me to do not go trappers, wasted points..... But i think i will give a try.
    Btw the link you posted are empty, i dont see any skill point on it..... maybe wrong link?

thx
    edited December 2014
    Interesting, because when first i joined the game few people told me to do not go trappers, wasted points..... But i think i will give a try.
    Btw the link you posted are empty, i dont see any skill point on it..... maybe wrong link?

thx

Trapper improved a little since Module 5. Actually.. Very decent. :) You should really give it a try.
    Sorry for the broken link. Here is a screenshot which I took via my smartphone:

4p5s9lof.png
    edited December 2014
    Trapper improved a little since Module 5. Actually.. Very decent. :) You should really give it a try.
    Sorry for the broken link. Here is a screenshot which I took via my smartphone:

4p5s9lof.png

Thx a lot!!!! really appreciate.
    Can you post also your powers screen plz?
    thx ^^
    edited December 2014
    Thx a lot!!!! really appreciate.
    Can you post also your powers screen plz?
    thx ^^

I was writing a few posts ago which powers / encounters / dailies / At-Wills I am using.
    Look on page 2. :)
    For my Trapper HR I am using Fox, Hindering & Binding as encounters. At-Wills are Rapid Shot + Hunters Teamwork.
    Dailies are Disruptive + Ghost.
    Passive are Aspect of the lone wolf + Aspect of the pack.
  • lesbianseagu11lesbianseagu11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have a friend on here simply named "IM A TRAPPER" who is bonkers good at PvP. He is squishier than his combatant counterpart, but he still gets the job done. He runs careful attack/aimed strike with his trapper feats. His DoTs will bleed you for several thousand per tick. So there you go.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wanna ask about defense slot for combat HR pvp spec
    is it good to stack brutal and get HP +def Or max it all to radiant HP

Thx b4
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have a friend on here simply named "IM A TRAPPER" who is bonkers good at PvP. He is squishier than his combatant counterpart, but he still gets the job done. He runs careful attack/aimed strike with his trapper feats. His DoTs will bleed you for several thousand per tick. So there you go.

Yeah I saw his name on the pvp Leaderboard. I know who it is due to his handle. Can't believe he spent zen to name-change to that :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Yeah I saw his name on the pvp Leaderboard. I know who it is due to his handle. Can't believe he spent zen to name-change to that :p

It came with my race reroll. I ended up changing back to my original name after my most recent race reroll.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    It came with my race reroll. I ended up changing back to my original name after my most recent race reroll.

How do you like trapper now? or combat is still gives better results? Have not played since lunch of mod)
  • noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    geltab wrote: »
    Yeah, Turn off all sounds except fx and listen for footsteps, that and if u look carefully u can see like a shadow.
    I've tried and failed miserably at this. Don't know how it it possible to hear above all the noise. 1st time out, I'm at a node with a GWF. All the time he swooshes around trying to get in a lick at our invisible foe. (And then, pop, I get one shotted.) 2nd time around, all sound was drowned out by noise from a hot mic in what sounded like some disco in Berzerkistan. And sorry, I never see any hint of shadows either. Wonder if I can change my graphics settings to where they show up better.