test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC too OP

ganzjganzj Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
Today i was in a pvp match , the enemy team has a DC 17k+ , he is extremely OP , he never die once . Im a TR mostly i land my lashing blade on 15k+ player with 15k+ damage , but now , with the buffing and debuff of the DC i only deal 4k damage . Is not only me fighting with him , my team got 1 CW and 1 HR come to help me but that DC still wont die . Whenever the DC get below 5% heath , with 1 spell or encounter he can heal himself from 0 to 100 . It is just too OP .

Any suggestion ?
Post edited by ganzj on

Comments

• fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cuz u don't have a dc on your team, blame the queuing system not the class, and the dc's gear is not on ur gs level:rolleyes:
  • darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My suggestion is to get rid of all gear, enchant, and artifact bonuses across the board for PvP.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cuz u don't have a dc on your team, blame the queuing system not the class, and the dc's gear is not on ur gs level
    The queing system cant do much if there isent enough dc around to balance the groups can it,,,,
    2 dc in teams as the queue together is not uncommon and the synergys they have together with new healing makes pvp zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all together.

Healing the way they do now in pvp (not counting in self heals really) has to be toned down. Healing dep in pvp is there for a reason the dcs of today oblitirate that all together.

Gf+dc and the party is immortals all of them not a good thing imho...
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ganzj wrote: »
    Today i was in a pvp match , the enemy team has a DC 17k+ , he is extremely OP , he never die once . Im a TR mostly i land my lashing blade on 15k+ player with 15k+ damage , but now , with the buffing and debuff of the DC i only deal 4k damage . Is not only me fighting with him , my team got 1 CW and 1 HR come to help me but that DC still wont die . Whenever the DC get below 5% heath , with 1 spell or encounter he can heal himself from 0 to 100 . It is just too OP .

Any suggestion ?

Clarify your gear leve, the TR gear level, CW gear level, and the strategy you adopted.
    Were you all at same gear level compared to the DC? Did you coordinate to CC-prone-daze him and keep him CCed as long as you could?

Also, if you don't have enough CC to kill the DC, you can always focus on the points where he is not fighting. Send one player to stall him, and focus the other points.

Also, a TR calling OP on another class...lol.
    DC self heal/tankiness is ok. Just need to CC him.

What must be toned down is party heals and DPS in DPS specced DCs.
    And obviously tone down the current OP build/builds on TR cause the real God of PvP right now is TR, not DC. And for sure not the full tank DC spec.
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ganzj wrote: »

Any suggestion ?

Use CC. Don't randomly throw your encounters; use them when the DC is out of astral shield. If you have no CC, no burst, no intelligent play, the DC will heal back.

If you can't kill the DC, let one person stalemate and go clear other nodes.

Also, if you're specced properly, as a TR, you can probably clear most DCs with dazing strike and a well-timed bloodbath.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Clarify your gear leve, the TR gear level, CW gear level, and the strategy you adopted.
    Were you all at same gear level compared to the DC? Did you coordinate to CC-prone-daze him and keep him CCed as long as you could?

Also, if you don't have enough CC to kill the DC, you can always focus on the points where he is not fighting. Send one player to stall him, and focus the other points.

And obviously tone down the current OP build/builds on TR cause the real God of PvP right now is TR, not DC. And for sure not the full tank DC spec.

I usually appreciate your input but obviously you lack perspective when it comes to DCs. I don't know if it's because you play the class yourself but I suggest you stop defending an obviously broken class and telling others to "leave the node" or "rofl cc". It's disrespectful. DC is a support class, he should support, and not tank a whole team by himself AND support his team at the same time! GF, a pure tank can't tank a half of what DC is capable. If faced against a good oponent he can be brought down eventually, DC can't. And let's not even bother mentioning GWF's tank spec, that can be downed in one or two hits, in the best case a rotation.

So stop your "it's a tank spec!", please. You're not making any sense.
  • grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pando83 wrote: »

Pando 83 is right you have to observe that dc first let it use his skill first and if possible reserve your daily only to a DC. when you see he use up his skill let all your damage and daze come forth. Right now the game is already improve except for the SW class you need crunch time decision on how and when to use your skill its not a whack and hack and a no brainer game anymore. And to add on it maybe there were two DC in your opponent thats why you cant kill it.
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    grac3n77 wrote: »
    Pando 83 is right you have to observe that dc first let it use his skill first and if possible reserve your daily only to a DC. when you see he use up his skill let all your damage and daze come forth. Right now the game is already improve except for the SW class you need crunch time decision on how and when to use your skill its not a whack and hack and a no brainer game anymore. And to add on it maybe there were two DC in your opponent thats why you cant kill it.

Then by ur logic a cw shodnt be able to do 25k ice knifes since its also a support
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    I usually appreciate your input but obviously you lack perspective when it comes to DCs. I don't know if it's because you play the class yourself but I suggest you stop defending an obviously broken class and telling others to "leave the node" or "rofl cc". It's disrespectful. DC is a support class, he should support, and not tank a whole team by himself AND support his team at the same time! GF, a pure tank can't tank a half of what DC is capable. If faced against a good oponent he can be brought down eventually, DC can't. And let's not even bother mentioning GWF's tank spec, that can be downed in one or two hits, in the best case a rotation.

Clearly u don't know what u are blabbing about
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Where people get the idea that a DC is "just a support class" is beyond me. The DC is a "Leader" class, not a "Support" class. A well-made team "supports" each other. For those of you thinking the DC is supposed to just be a support class I highly recommend you head over to D&D web site and actually read up on the official descriptions.

Oh, and by the way 4E is out, it's all 5E now.

I am not going to say that the DC is over-powered, granted some aspects may be. However the previous suggestions above regarding tactics (stall the DC and fight other nodes, CC the DC *properly*, et.) are all spot-on. Team play is about *tactics*. Tactics are your friend. Use them.
    edited November 2014
    yawulf wrote: »
    Then by ur logic a cw shodnt be able to do 25k ice knifes since its also a support
    CW is not a support class. It's a controller and striker.
    Clearly u don't know what u are blabbing about
    If you can't make one constructive post, don't post at all. Kapish?
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

If you want to argue semantics, the DC isn't a support class either. Its a LEADER class.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
    edited November 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    If you want to argue semantics, the DC isn't a support class either. Its a LEADER class.
    dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Leader#Leader

Please, at least know your stuff before coming at me with semantics. Leader in DnD = Support class.
    edited November 2014
    B

If you can't make one constructive post, don't post at all. Kapish?
    If u r cool with a cw, hr, gwf, gf and sw do a 30k hit that can bring ur go from 100% to 20% then u should not hvr a problem with a dc doing a 30k heals and bringing ppl from 20% to 100%. So I wod tell u again u don't know what u r blabbing about
    edited November 2014
    B
    If u r cool with a cw, hr, gwf, gf and sw do a 30k hit that can bring ur go from 100% to 20% then u should not hvr a problem with a dc doing a 30k heals and bringing ppl from 20% to 100%. So I wod tell u again u don't know what u r blabbing about

You compare non deflected crits on squishies, that can be dodged or resisted further to a power that never fails, heals to full all the time, even through CCs. Double standard hypocrite is what you are.
    edited November 2014
    What double standards?it working tru cc is wai when go falls to 45% just like how ferucious reaction works on both gf and gwf at 10% hp. Now if u want a 60 sec icd put on it fine but everytin else should remain intact
    edited November 2014
    What double standards?it working tru cc is wai when go falls to 45% just like how ferucious reaction works on both gf and gwf at 10% hp. Now if u want a 60 sec icd put on it fine but everytin else should remain intact

Firstly, ferocious reaction works at 15%, has 3 minute (!) cooldown at max rank and heals for 40% hp as HoT and deals bugged DoT. Whereas GoF can be chained, heals to full and casts at 45%. Give any of the drawbacks ferocious reaction has and it will be manageable. Now it isn't.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gift of Faith should have either storage cap or ICD. Why do Assailant, Shadow of Demise, One with the Shadows, Avatar of the Divine, Skullcracker etc have and ICD or cap or both, and Gift of Faith doesn't?

Second, empowered Astral Shield needs a tone down.

Third, the amount of dodges should be limited to 3 for both DC and TR.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited November 2014

At this rate, you're the one not making any sense. No one is saying a DC should be able to tank a entire team. And if the other players are equally geared and experienced, a DC can't tank an entire team.

In the same way TRs, GWFs, etc., should not be able to kill an entire team. And they can't if they are equally geared, but they can quite easily if they far out-gear their opponent.

People have already discussed some of the things that could be toned that with DCs. You've contributed nothing new to the discussion for a while except for a lot of saltiness.
    edited November 2014
    However the previous suggestions above regarding tactics (stall the DC and fight other nodes, CC the DC *properly*, et.) are all spot-on. Team play is about *tactics*. Tactics are your friend. Use them.

Agreed. /10char
    edited November 2014
    dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Leader#Leader

Please, at least know your stuff before coming at me with semantics. Leader in DnD = Support class.

this game gets ideas from D&D, but is more in lore only. The class is considered a LEADER class(go browse the companion section... controller, striker, defender, LEADER)...

Please, at least show that you've played the game before coming at ME with semantics. Leader in NW does NOT mean support class...

EDIT: being a LEADER class even in d&d doesn't mean that theyre just support, either...

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Leader#Leader

The words "A leader primarily supports the party by aiding allies, and making enemies more vulnerable to attack" leaves room to have "off" roles, as every class can do... being a LEADER class doesn't mean you cant be anything else... even by pnp D&D standards...
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here we go again. Someone in PVP will complain about Cleric and it will get nerfed again, and again and again.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited November 2014
    this game gets ideas from D&D, but is more in lore only. The class is considered a LEADER class(go browse the companion section... controller, striker, defender, LEADER)...

Please, at least show that you've played the game before coming at ME with semantics. Leader in NW does NOT mean support class...

EDIT: being a LEADER class even in d&d doesn't mean that theyre just support, either...

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Leader#Leader

The words "A leader primarily supports the party by aiding allies, and making enemies more vulnerable to attack" leaves room to have "off" roles, as every class can do... being a LEADER class doesn't mean you cant be anything else... even by pnp D&D standards...

Read the description again. Because you obviously fail to grasp the essence of leader class. It IS a support role. Were it through buffs, debuffs, heals or a little bit of all. It doesn't prevent you to have a secondsry role, right. However, DC's secondary role is a controller. Not a friggin main tank. Got it?
    edited November 2014
    Read the description again. Because you obviously fail to grasp the essence of leader class. It IS a support role. Were it through buffs, debuffs, heals or a little bit of all. It doesn't prevent you to have a secondsry role, right. However, DC's secondary role is a controller. Not a friggin main tank. Got it?

Read the description AGAIN. Because YOU obviously fail to grasp the essence of leader class as well. In pnp D&D, it is/can be primarily a support class, and can have secondary roles.

Now, read your other statement "However, DC's secondary role is a controller". As was stated earlier, CWs(the example) are an AoE dps class, and AoE dps is considered under, you guessed it... CONTROL.

I never said they should tank, read my statements again. But, a class needs its defenses too, don't they? For one, ive seen DCs with high defense. The ones that want to tank, however, only do so by hitting mobs, and by making sure no one else hits said mobs. They have virtually no threat generation except by healing(not to mention that they primarily have to stop healing teammates, and focus on themselves)... meanwhile, GFs have actual intended threat generation. That's the difference between a tank and a tanky DC... technically, any class can become quite tanky. DCs just end up being the closest to do so by their self survivability, and the fact that healing = high threat.

So, in return, I say this. CWs primary role is considered controller(once again, this game. not pnp d&d). The CW is imbalanced in this game because it has these primary roles: striker(great single target dps), controller(best cc/aoe dps), leader(self healing through lifesteal and regen, as well as their own debuffing powers)... meanwhile, everyone else gets stuck with primary and secondary... Got it?
    edited November 2014
    Read the description AGAIN. Because YOU obviously fail to grasp the essence of leader class as well. In pnp D&D, it is/can be primarily a support class, and can have secondary roles.

Now, read your other statement "However, DC's secondary role is a controller". As was stated earlier, CWs(the example) are an AoE dps class, and AoE dps is considered under, you guessed it... CONTROL.

I never said they should tank, read my statements again. But, a class needs its defenses too, don't they? For one, ive seen DCs with high defense. The ones that want to tank, however, only do so by hitting mobs, and by making sure no one else hits said mobs. They have virtually no threat generation except by healing(not to mention that they primarily have to stop healing teammates, and focus on themselves)... meanwhile, GFs have actual intended threat generation. That's the difference between a tank and a tanky DC... technically, any class can become quite tanky. DCs just end up being the closest to do so by their self survivability, and the fact that healing = high threat.

So, in return, I say this. CWs primary role is considered controller(once again, this game. not pnp d&d). The CW is imbalanced in this game because it has these primary roles: striker(dps), controller(cc/aoe dps), leader(self healing through lifesteal and regen, as well as their own debuffing powers)... meanwhile, everyone else gets stuck with primary and secondary... Got it?

I never said CW wasn't an abomination. But hey, we don't need another class with 3 main roles. PvP is broke enough for that matter.
    edited November 2014
    I never said CW wasn't an abomination.
    and I never said DCs need to tank.
    But hey, we don't need another class with 3 main roles. PvP is broke enough for that matter.

and I never said that they don't need to be toned back a bit. I just know that when 1 class is given tons of tools, they CANT whine when other classes are given a similar boost to what they can do... Not to mention that dps ends up being what people want in pve(heard too many "gs or gtfo", and "hes not doing enough dps-kick him!", and "oh, a gwf/tr/gf/hr? nah, we want enough CWs to burn through dungeon"), and what people want in pvp(in the form of being able to kill somebody(the game literally tells you(by leaderboard standards) that kills and death matter more in pvp than healing teammates, and debuffing the enemy/buffing teammates)... not to mention the consistent "I cant kill him 1v1" that's said ALL THE TIME in the forums here.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Closing this down, per Rule 3.15.
    Also, see the sticky: The difference between legit balance suggestions and "nerf/buff" posts

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.