test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Restricted from buying 'people' assets.

sbert12yellsbert12yell Member Posts: 36
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
First off I know this is NOT a bug which is the reason I'm posting this here and not in the bug section.

I bought several person assets about 3 days ago for my leadership and it restricted my buying anymore for a while, but after 3 days I'm still not allowed to buy anymore?! Ok, I can see restricting it for a few hours but days?

Come on PWE get your act together you're driving away your legit players!

Edit: My lvl 60 character is restricted too, and I have lots of slots in my asset bag.
Post edited by sbert12yell on

Comments

• Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First off I know this is NOT a bug which is the reason I'm posting this here and not in the bug section.

I bought several person assets about 3 days ago for my leadership and it restricted my buying anymore for a while, but after 3 days I'm still not allowed to buy anymore?! Ok, I can see restricting it for a few hours but days?

Come on PWE get your act together you're driving away your legit players!

Driving away legit players? Hardly. This is very much alike Hotel California. Once you have entered...You, yes you...will never ever leave.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Driving away legit players? Hardly. This is very much alike Hotel California. Once you have entered...You, yes you...will never ever leave.

If you say so...
  • Options
    leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have never heard of this.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    leandreav1 wrote: »
    I have never heard of this.
    It's happened before it's just never prevented it for more than a few moments. I'm assuming this new code was added with the Tiamat update...
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is it ANY assets, or just specific ones? If it's just specific ones, is it JUST the cheapest ones? Sometimes items bug and don't let you buy them out. This can happen with anything and there's not really a way around it - though I THINK you can still win the auction if you can bid on it. I kind of recall bidding on something that wasn't letting me buy it out and winning it after the long wait for the timer to run out, but I'm not positive, and may of these items don't have an option to bid, which means you can't do anything in that case.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    No, it's nothing like that, I've tried several other person assets and they all prevent the purchase. I do it on other accounts I have and those are restricted as well. In fact every account that uses my IP is restricted in this way, even my son's account who has never bought any assets.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Buying people is bad! You should be ashamed of yourself. :p
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do you have any level 60 characters on your account?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Do you have any level 60 characters on your account?
    Yes, and even the lvl 60 is banned from buying them.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Buying people is bad! You should be ashamed of yourself. :p

lol thanks for the laugh :D
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Have you checked your Asset Bag?
    If you have no open Slots, it may not allow you to Purchase more.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Have you checked your Asset Bag?
    If you have no open Slots, it may not allow you to Purchase more.
    Nope lots and lots of slots.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    As the sticky states, this is a Support issue, not a forum topic. Please contact Support.

Quick link:
    Security Update

Which is noted in:
    Sticky: [Read Before Posting] Reference Thread on Known Issues & Hot Topics.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.