test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2x RP weekend

norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Without pointless introdutcion:

Goal: $10,000+ Raised during our ExtraLife Charity Event
Reward: A “Natural 20 Weekend" – 2x Experience, 2x Refinement Points, and 2x Glory Weekend
Due Date: COMPLETED!
Reward Date: 12/26

Source: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9004073

Calendar: 28/11-01/12 - 2 RP weekend - refinement points ALONE

Care to explain?.

Lately, communication between devs and playerbase is PATHETIC. No patch notes, no PLANS of upcoming, short term changes, no information about thing being WAI or not, ninja changes (dragon hoard enchantments anyone?).

Start talking with us or at the very least INFORM us of thing you are doing along with REASONING to why are implement changes. Be fair with us.
Post edited by norcaine1990 on

Comments

• henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If I was a dev, forum posts like that would be the reason I mostly avoided the forum.
    So much hating over stuff that is insignificant.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your link shows the x2 RP weekend starting 26th of December
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is also one this week , OP is correct , some type of announcement would have been useful... -

sOPfArt.jpg

Hopefully these double RP weekends will become a regular event and not just rewards for jumping through hoops.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    There is also one this week , OP is correct , some type of announcement would have been useful... -

sOPfArt.jpg

Hopefully these double RP weekends will become a regular event and not just rewards for jumping through hoops.

Oh, thanks for catching this guys, Im sure we would have found out when we tried to refine only to get a x2 bonus out of nowhere
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

sOPfArt.jpg

Also or is it moved/typo? Need to be informed about this
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is this for real??
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I hope this is now a regular event like once every 2 months.
    edited November 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Is this for real??

Seems to be ,it is on the live calendar but it is quite annoying that they never bothered to announce it ,if they had I would have been saving up every single RP drop.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I do have to agree with the OP. Yes, the devs do actually listen and make improvements to the game based upon forum feedback and that is appreciated. I defend this game and the devs regularly, as well. However, the biggest shortfall in the community and forums is the poor communication from Cryptic. This includes events (like the coming RP weekend) and more.

Please communicate better, guys - it makes a world of difference to the player base. Don't let the naysayers keep you from posting frequent communication - we, the loyal and mature player, will take care of them on the forums. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    RP prices are about to sky rocket, somebody is going to be rich.

. _.
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    the question is do we get another 2x rp at december?
    edited November 2014
    time to destroy the auction house cause I'm gonna flood it with opals
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Yes. This was communicated quite clearly with a news post and all... I'll link it when I am back at a computer.

However there does seem to be a discrepancy in the dates, whichever date is Thursday or Friday is correct. If the date is a Wednesday it is all but guaranteed to be incorrect. In any case I'll have to notify Akromatik of the typo.

Seriously no need to blow a typo out of proportion with conspiracy theories and failure to read the news or calendar is not a failure to provide information.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »

. _.

That would be the rich....

@ambi. The advertised RP date was set for Dec 26th. This one was not announced to the best of my knowledge.
    edited November 2014

. _.

Wont be selling my stuff, need it for me own use
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, for me it was quite a shock too. I was holding my breath for Tiamat's encounters where I can get Linu's favor and then this one pop'd up.

Honestly, I hope it's some kind of mistake
    emilemo wrote: »
    Wont be selling my stuff, need it for me own use

Not sure what would one do with 100k resonance stones besides selling them lol
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    lets hope its a mistake and we get that 2xrp at Dec 26th so players would have time to get their artifact off-hands/necks from tiamat encounter.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Seriously no need to blow a typo out of proportion with conspiracy theories and failure to read the news or calendar is not a failure to provide information.

What? This is news to the majority of the player base, who have quite a strong interest in this sort of thing. The November one most certainly is unheralded. You're being uncharacteristically rude here, please stop.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Nov 28th - Dec 2nd is supposed to be Double XP as per the news article.

Being an american I read the original dates as 12/28 (silly europeans...) thus figured it was only a few days off the announced double RP weekend.

Either way...this is still a typo. No need to blow things out of proportion.
    I don't have any extra information than any one of you. All it took was a minute to type in a search field, read the news and make a logical deduction.

But alas this is how all conspiracy theories are formed: people jumping to brash conclusions. Try not to, it is quite unbecoming.
  • lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Without pointless introdutcion:

Reward: A “Natural 20 Weekend" – 2x Experience, 2x Refinement Points, and 2x Glory Weekend

Source: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9004073

Calendar: 28/11-01/12 - 2 RP weekend - refinement points ALONE

Care to explain?.

Lately, communication between devs and playerbase is PATHETIC. No patch notes, no PLANS of upcoming, short term changes, no information about thing being WAI or not, ninja changes (dragon hoard enchantments anyone?).

Start talking with us or at the very least INFORM us of thing you are doing along with REASONING to why are implement changes. Be fair with us.

You should be happy they are giving two 2x RPs weekends...
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, for me it was quite a shock too. I was holding my breath for Tiamat's encounters where I can get Linu's favor and then this one pop'd up.

Honestly, I hope it's some kind of mistake

Not sure what would one do with 100k resonance stones besides selling them lol

Well, if someone does have that many then its a no brainer i suppose, but id still keep them. There is still that Paladin im waiting for and he'll need some orange on his gear too
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited November 2014
    Uhh, I'm confused now... What is true?

Nov 28th - Dec 2nd - only 2x XP weekend (or 2xRP weekend as well?)
    Dec 26th - will be 2x RP weekend?

Please, can someone summarize it to be absolutely clear?
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the clarification!
    Uhh, I'm confused now... What is true?
    My reading is...
    Nov 28th - Dec 2nd only 2x XP weekend
    Dec 26th - will be 2x RP weekend
    That's my understanding from the thread thus far... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Being an american I read the original dates as 12/28 (silly europeans...) thus figured it was only a few days off the announced double RP weekend.

I don't have any extra information than any one of you. All it took was a minute to type in a search field, read the news and make a logical deduction.

But alas this is how all conspiracy theories are formed: people jumping to brash conclusions. Try not to, it is quite unbecoming.

How about showing me where that news article dated November 22nd appears on the news page?

In contrast, December 26th is CLEARLY stated as double refining weekend on this news post.

There is an error, but devs made it, NOT the player base. Talk about unbecoming conduct... look to yourself, Moderator.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The December one seems definite but the November one might be imaginary. It's probably not worth stressing about.

If you are saving RP for the December one then a November one would be a bonus but if it doesn't happen then you just wait another few weeks.
    If you are not saving RP then it makes no odds.

Either way you get to point and giggle at the AH prices...
  • yalaiayalaia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ahhh, now it's getting clear. Ambisinisterr copied a link from 2013 !!!!!!

No more word's from the silly European ....

but still the question what is really happening in November and December 2014 ?
  • samv1m3ssamv1m3s Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Sorry, but you did realize, that the news you posted is from 2013, right?
    edited November 2014
    yalaia wrote: »
    ahhh, now it's getting clear. Ambisinisterr copied a link from 2013 !!!!!!

No more word's from the silly European ....

but still the question what is really happening in November and December ?

The one on the 26th of DEC is definitely happening , the one for the 28th of NOV is on the live calendar but we haven't been told yet so we need one of the community team to tell us if it is a mistake or what.
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited November 2014
    Thank you iambecks1 !!!
    edited November 2014
    OMG ROFLMAO! the link was a year ago!

Dec 26 is double on everything:

This coming weekend is just 2x RP.

makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.