test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

no quest generated for first Linu's favour after completing both WoD disrupt activity

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 482 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi ,

completed both disrupt activity campaign quests , but no quest generated in order to get the first Linu's favour ( required for prevent Tiamats return campaign ) .
Can the devs tell me when / where this quest will be generated , or do we have to wait another 9 days until the " tiamat is coming event " finishes on Dec 5th .

My primary toon is now at a standstill in this campaign as the linu's favour is needed 5 times in order to complete the " prevent tiamats return " quest in the WoD campaign .

Hoping for a quick response from the devs before there Thanksgiving holiday ............
Post edited by pelgrax on

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can only get Linu's favor from defeating the Tiamat instance and of course that is not available till Dec 5th
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah , but with the dev's twisted gating logic that then means 2 weeks before getting any keys or empire treasures as you require 5 linu's favours to run the 5x20 hour " prevent tiamat's return "quests , before you can then complete either of the last 2 campaigns for those items .

So basically 2 weeks ( from now ) , before hopefully having the items " to increase your drop chances at the tiamat raid " .
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Might be a bug because
    graalx3 wrote: »
    1 Linu's Favor for each victory in Tiamat's Temple. There is a repeatable quest in Well of Dragon's that rewards one too, at least that's what I've been told.

but also wouldn't be surprised if there simply was none. But I mean really so what? All it does is lengthen the campaign a bit.

On a second thought, a repeatable quest is highly unlikely because you can buy that new gear with Linu's Favor.
  • Options
    brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited November 2014
    I'll just leave this here

6Gw8JC3.png

"You must defeat Tiamat or contribute to the Dragon Hoard to acquire Linu's Favor."
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'll just leave this here

6Gw8JC3.png

"You must defeat Tiamat or contribute to the Dragon Hoard to acquire Linu's Favor."

100 dragon coffers right?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »

Any lower would put cryptic to shame!
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014

aka 1000 minutes of grind. For one Linu. That's more a coffer sink, a way of getting rid of your coffers when we'll be in mod8 or mod9 and getting superfluous coffers whilie grinding for the mod9 campaign.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Way to go. It seems, as if we will have to wait for cryptic to finish the dungeon or to fix a bug. Either way, it would be nice, if they would tell us what is what.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited November 2014

How do you know that it will require 100 coffers?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh wow so I logged on a grinded the dailies when I didn't really have to because they haven't bothered to activate the daily yet , thanks for the heads up on that one developer guys xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Oh wow so I logged on a grinded the dailies when I didn't really have to because they haven't bothered to activate the daily yet , thanks for the heads up on that one developer guys xD

On the other hand, getting these dailies out of the way on my played characters might mean I can use some of my finite game time to do something fun.. like an actual dungeon occasionally! I should be careful.. I might have fun.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    How do you know that it will require 100 coffers?

He's wrong, it requires 250
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    On the other hand, getting these dailies out of the way on my played characters might mean I can use some of my finite game time to do something fun.. like an actual dungeon occasionally! I should be careful.. I might have fun.

lol yeah actually it is a chance for people with a few characters to catch up so at least there's that .

Even Cryptic aren't that masochistic are they? tell me you are just messing about xD
  • Options
    zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2014

surely to hell not! where are you guys getting these figures from? it takes hours to get those coffers. I may as well bring a mattress and pillow if i need 250 of them
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    So what's the official word on how you get Linu's favors? It has to be in game right?

I mean they wouldn't release the module that you can't even continue doing the dailies? Would they?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    So what's the official word on how you get Linu's favors? It has to be in game right?

I mean they wouldn't release the module that you can't even continue doing the dailies? Would they?

Graaxl3 told us that you get one every time you complete the Tiamat encounter and he also believes that there is a repeatable quest that gives them out in the Well of Dragons but for some reason it doesn't seem to be active yet.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Linu's favour, gee we forgot about that. Well no problem, we still have one week left to think about it. One week later...
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guys, can we chill out with the baseless speculation? Here's the quest, copied from the test server.

MXBq6oz.jpg

And yes, it's repeatable, as long as you have stuff to throw in the hoard.

/thread
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ahhh cool , thanks for that screenshot , now we know what the Dragon Empire treasures are for , Well of dragons is going to be a very busy place when this goes live xD
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Guys, can we chill out with the baseless speculation? Here's the quest, copied from the test server.

MXBq6oz.jpg

/thread

Very nice, and also finaly something usefull for our dragon coins!
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's actually incredibly awesome. You don't even need to step foot inside the Tiamat encounter to earn all your gear.

If you're happy as a clam running solo through the Well of Dragons, doing HE's, daily quests and farming mobs, you'll get access to all your cool stuff.

And the amount of points ain't crazy. Sure, it'll take some work, but it's doable for even more casual people.

It's obvious Cryptic listened to a lot of the feedback from Module 4 on obtaining Artifact Gear. Well played.

Now if Cryptic can just throw us a bone when it comes to refining it, you'll be back on top!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Now if Cryptic can just throw us a bone when it comes to refining it, you'll be back on top!

It looks like this could be happening too , a double RP event has been added to the Calendar for this weekend plus as you know we have another double RP event on the 26th of DEC , so hopefully double RP will become a regular thing.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

So how do you get the quest and why did you copy it off test server? The campaign is live except for Tiamut and there are dailies that require the favors that can't be completed without it.

So is it baseless speculation that they forgot to add this to live?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    So how do you get the quest and why did you copy it off test server? The campaign is live except for Tiamut and there are dailies that require the favors that can't be completed without it.

So is it baseless speculation that they forgot to add this to live?

I'm certain it will become active when Tiamat goes live in a few days.

EDIT: Let me be more complete. There is a treasure hoard that you will be able to contribute to which increases the quality of drops from defeating Tiamat. Contributing to the hoard also gives group bonuses (such as more HP, more Power, faster cooldowns, etc.) during the fight.

It doesn't make sense for this to be live before you're actually able to fight Tiamat.

So if you've completed the campaign up to the Tiamat fight, that's great. Now you can start collecting resources to cash in on the treasure hoard when it goes live.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm certain it will become active when Tiamat goes live in a few days.

EDIT: Let me be more complete. There is a treasure hoard that you will be able to contribute to which increases the quality of drops from defeating Tiamat. Contributing to the hoard also gives group bonuses (such as more HP, more Power, faster cooldowns, etc.) during the fight.

There is another daily you need to complete 5 times that requires linu's favor. If they added the new daily at least we could do that. Tiamut isn't being added for another 9+ days.....
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Any lower would put cryptic to shame!

Geez I have already done 50...

NBD

Urlord
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014

MXBq6oz.jpg

/thread

That's 100 coffers for one Linu.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Correct. I put it together in a spreadsheet, and your math checks out.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    MXBq6oz.jpg

I seriously hope we don't have to hand in the Dragon horde coins one at a time .
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I seriously hope we don't have to hand in the Dragon horde coins one at a time .

Yup, but you should be more worried about having to chase down WizzyFasterix, the Road Runner Dragon, who collects them one at a time ;p