test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You broke SoD now I expect the same urgency to fix it

brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
By now everyone knows about SoD and how stupidly OP it was.
I completely agreed it was OP and needed to be fixed, I was killing dragons so quick nobody else had a chance to get great success.
I saw people complaining in chat about dragon hoard coffers while I was racking up 40 a day.
Now don't attack me because I abused a "bug" I was having fun while it lasted, what everyone else would do.
Put it this way, there is a bugged spell that you were already going to take and its doing 10x more damage than its supposed to, do you slot it?
You were already going to use it anyways so why wouldn't you?
Now SoD is bugged and it SUCKS, it works in the complete opposite way and explicitly doesn't do what it says on its tool tip and I want it to get more attention than the just the Theives den. We had out 2 days in the sunlight now please don't punish us lets us be viable fix this ASAP.

For those who are curious about what the bug is.
Tooltip says that dealing damage in stealth effects the target with SoD for 6 seconds, additionally it is powered up by further damage you deal. When this effect ends it deals 50% of the damage dealt as piercing damage.
Currently SoD only does the 50% piercing damage of the damage that procs SoD.
Post edited by brilliantcomrade on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Patch notes of the next day "Fixed tooltip for Shadow of Demise, now it deals 50% of piercing damage"
  • Options
    thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So basically you took something that was broken, used it to your advantage for personal gain, convinced yourself it was okay by saying everyone else would probably do it to, and now you want Cryptic to expedite a fix on what days ago you were using and abusing.

Does that about cover it? :D

Why I see no issues with that at all...
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just saying... its not even piercing damage
  • Options
    place222place222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    we need some stack on SoD at least 10x please.........
  • Options
    meinemaedelsmeinemaedels Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In the end it doesn't matter what he did.

Shadow of Demise was broken and Cryptic fixed it. In doing so they broke it again, in fact making it useless. That needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lighten up, everyone. I understand totally what brilliantcomrade was saying. Some of you are getting too nitpicky with every single statement he made.

I, too, have played a TR as my main since beta. I have suffered through the excessive nerfs due to PvPer complaints on these forums. I used Executioner build as well, as that is the way I have always played - I always thought perma-stealth was silly - not my thing. I never knew there was any problem with SoD and set it as my capstone feat.

Since SoD is a feat, not a power, you can't really abuse it because the bug exists if you chose it and you don't know it was bugged. The only way to avoid your so-called claims of bug abuse is to stop playing completely until they fix it - and that is ridiculous if the TR is your main character.

Cryptic knew of this bug in preview (which I never play, so did not know about it). It is their fault that it made it into the live update. So stop accusing of bug abuse. It does not apply to this situation. Geez!

And again, lighten the hell up! I am getting sick of all the instant condemnation on these forums - a lot of people seem to enjoy lashing out at someone any chance they get. Think before typing such <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I have played TR for almost 12 months, always being the underdog but always giving it my best shot and It would be a lie if I said I didn't thoroughly enjoy doing the most damage even if it only lasted 2 days. Everyone has abused a bug whether aware of it or not because there are so many **** bugs in this game TRs shouldn't be punished because Cryptic caused a game breaking bug that brought many TRs out of retirement and into the well of dragons. I unlike many others actually play TR for the TR and not to be the best or the most OP.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The bug is fixed. Now they need to recalibrate the power.

There's no reason for anyone to be toxic about this. Things like this happen.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I have played TR for almost 12 months, always being the underdog but always giving it my best shot and It would be a lie if I said I didn't thoroughly enjoy doing the most damage even if it only lasted 2 days. Everyone has abused a bug whether aware of it or not because there are so many **** bugs in this game TRs shouldn't be punished because Cryptic caused a game breaking bug that brought many TRs out of retirement and into the well of dragons. I unlike many others actually play TR for the TR and not to be the best or the most OP.

You were not abusing a bug. It was a feat that was not fixed before it left the preview server. The only way to not "abuse" it was not to play your main character, which is ridiculous. Don't listen to these people - they just have some sort of angst going on.

And I did thoroughly enjoy having some real power for a couple of days - been a long time for the neglected TR.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    urshugliurshugli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tooltip says that dealing damage in stealth effects the target with SoD for 6 seconds, additionally it is powered up by further damage you deal. When this effect ends it deals 50% of the damage dealt as piercing damage.Currently SoD only does the 50% piercing damage of the damage that procs SoD.

You're right. The talent does not work properly, It only applies the damage due active power, but not all the damage done in those 6 seconds.

So, two days to fix the OP SoD. I expect that you only need 2 days more to fix again to work properly.

TR players have been waiting for that balance more than a year. please do the right thing once.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    urshugli wrote: »
    You're right. The talent does not work properly, It only applies the damage due active power, but not all the damage done in those 6 seconds.

So, two days to fix the OP SoD. I expect that you only need 2 days more to fix again to work properly.

TR players have been waiting for that balance more than a year. please do the right thing once.

Well from what I know (which isn't much) its only really a 10 minute job to change a little bit of code and fix the thing.
    With that in mind I expect it will take 1-2 months hence why I made this thread
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I agree that if they fixed the OP nature of SoD in 2 days, they should fix the mistake they made in trying to correct it in 2 days as well.

• Options
    ablettoabletto Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2014
    Lol SoD TR's in my guild are still out-dps'ing the 22k CW champs who have about 900x more invested offense and gear. By alot. And several are defense spec around 15-18k with hardly any well-stacked offense. How's that "not working," exactly?

Just saying.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    abletto wrote: »
    Lol SoD TR's in my guild are still out-dps'ing the 22k CW champs who have about 900x more invested offense and gear. By alot. And several are defense spec around 15-18k with hardly any well-stacked offense. How's that "not working," exactly?

Just saying.

SoD is not WAI and as a result TR has single target damage that is in situations worse than Pre-Mod 5 TR. Please try to be honest, don't exaggerate it just makes things harder.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    abletto wrote: »

Just saying.

This would need more in-depth damage analysis to make a determination - I think your assessment of "900x" sounds like exaggeration/emotional response instead of reality, as that would mean if one character had 1000 power, the other would have 900,000 power rating. Even if you were referring to equipment, a 900x differential is way out of reality.

Exaggeration aside, there are a lot of factors at work, such as critical strike/severity, which favors the TR (other factors as well).

Also, the TR is supposed to be the best of all classes at single target DPS, so they should do more damage than a CW to single targets anyways - this is how it was supposed to be.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Also, the TR is supposed to be the best of all classes at single target DPS, so they should do more damage than a CW to single targets anyways - this is how it was supposed to be.

Yeah and adding to the point I made above, TRs are squishier, melee and have less control not to mention the way the feat works and the tooltip doesn't line up so regardless SoD needs to be fixed
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    The bug is fixed. Now they need to recalibrate the power.

There's no reason for anyone to be toxic about this. Things like this happen.

That is true, but the fact is that when PvP whiners flooded these forums with complaints about how the feat was bugged, Cryptic was on that mess like a teenage virgin on his first time. They had a fix and issued the patch the next day. Now that those folks are satisfied and once again, TRs get screwed, the only thing we're hearing from Cryptic is crickets.

I ain't complaining because all the other changes have definitely improved the TR experience. They are still doing WAY more damage than the used to and the play is much more rewarding. The problem is that this feat is a capstone and it's supposed to be TR's most powerful and useful ability. Right now, it's severely affecting the way this class is played because it's borked and nothing has been said about it by the people who borked it.

Oh, and I don't even want to hear about TRs being responsible for dragons going down in seconds. They're STILL going down in seconds due to the massive zergfest. Those bad boys need some major HP or something. All the dragons outside of Well of Dragons last longer than those weenies.

One dude last night was like, "It's harder to get on a horse than it is to fight a dragon" and that's the **** truth.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    That is true, but the fact is that when PvP whiners flooded these forums with complaints about how the feat was bugged, Cryptic was on that mess like a teenage virgin on his first time. They had a fix and issued the patch the next day. Now that those folks are satisfied and once again, TRs get screwed, the only thing we're hearing from Cryptic is crickets.

I ain't complaining because all the other changes have definitely improved the TR experience. They are still doing WAY more damage than the used to and the play is much more rewarding. The problem is that this feat is a capstone and it's supposed to be TR's most powerful and useful ability. Right now, it's severely affecting the way this class is played because it's borked and nothing has been said about it by the people who borked it.

Oh, and I don't even want to hear about TRs being responsible for dragons going down in seconds. They're STILL going down in seconds due to the massive zergfest. Those bad boys need some major HP or something. All the dragons outside of Well of Dragons last longer than those weenies.

One dude last night was like, "It's harder to get on a horse than it is to fight a dragon" and that's the **** truth.

Excellent! You hit the nail on the head there!

• Options
    edited November 2014

You humor me and I completely agree but its not just because of PvPers that SoD got "fixed" so quickly it truly was incredibly overpowered and unlike the current zerg fests with 20+ people they were going down in a matter of seconds with a couple of TRs.
    On the note of dealing more damage, in dungeons like CN yes they are dealing a tonne of damage but now in boss fights we are weaker (aside from the small portion when we have Shocking Execution and the boss is >30%)
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    people keep talking about a bug abuse, but it's not a skill, like many people have said it, it's the capstone feat, you would have to be out of your mind to not take it, bugged or not. and once taken you can't choose to use it or not.
    I chose it because it was obvious it was going to be fixed soon, and it was, but now it's bugged again (underpowered) so I hope they can fix it back as fast too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is a capstone and severely underpowered now. I have no issues with a fix but this wasnt a fix it was a nerf. Another guildie rogue and I thought a good way to fix this was to make the end proc 10% but still have the stacking damage, before they nerfed it. Now executioner does less dmg than saboteur. Specced to saboteur now because the pvp crybabies will be out in full force and im sure more nerfs are coming unfortionately. Yes im projecting, but given the history of what happened to us in the first place......
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    what they should have done is modified the stacking rule. They already have the code to limit the stacking to only 1 per second (for example one of the last campaign boons, sorry dont remember which). They should have just set it so that it can only stack 1 time per x seconds. Now whether that should be 1 second, 2 seconds and 3 seconds I do not know.

All of that is beside the point now in that the damage portion of the feat is completely useless. As a quick test I attacked a target dummy using COS and a lesser vorpal.

9 knives thrown - 7 in stealth 2 out of stealth - all stealth hits were crits, both out of stealth were not.
    total damage from knives - 16336
    damage from SOD - 1028
    minimum hit - 1018
    so in stealth I did approximately 14300 damage.

SOD is supposed to do 50% of the damage done during those 6 seconds again as peircing damage. 50% of 14300 is 7150 which is ~ 7 times more damage than what I did.

even taking into account that maybe its not 50% of entire damage, just 50% of original hit plus power up. average hit while in stealth was 2043. 50% of that is 1021. So the other 6 attacks in stealth added an approximate 7 damage?

Please tell me why any TR should bother with the executioner path if this is what our capstone actually gives us for what is supposed to be the DPS path?
  • Options
    geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Can we please focus on the broken SoD feat instead of complaining about abuses. It is a fact that SoD is broken and needs an urgent fix. Like brilliantcomrade mentioned SoD it should work as "dealing damage in stealth effects the target with SoD for 6 seconds, additionally it is powered up by further damage you deal. When this effect ends it deals 50% of the damage dealt as piercing damage." but currently SoD only does the 50% piercing damage of the damage that procs SoD. It should deal equal to the damage dealt as the 50% of the cumlative damage made in 6 seconds by a TR not only the 50% damage of the first hit. So yes it is broken and it is our right to ask for a fix.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You humor me and I completely agree but its not just because of PvPers that SoD got "fixed" so quickly it truly was incredibly overpowered and unlike the current zerg fests with 20+ people they were going down in a matter of seconds with a couple of TRs.

They're still going down in seconds. Dem dragons don't got enough HP.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    They're still going down in seconds. Dem dragons don't got enough HP.

But if they jack the HP too high, once the dragon fest slows down in a few months or so, they will be too hard to kill with small groups.

• Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think its funny so SoD was bugged so they slapped together a fix in 2 days. Obviously the it didn't fix the problem correctly, just more likely a band-aid. Now you want them to fix it in the same amount of time, well if they didn't get the fix right the first time when it took 2 days why would you expect a correct fix to happen in the same amount of time? Apparently their fix didn't work as expected so i would assume its going to take longer for them to accurately find a way to actually fix it.
  • Options
    tribulationxtribulationx Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2014
    Idk if it's supposed to be piercing dmg, but is certainly shouldn't be. All damage that ignores DR needs to be eliminated from the game. I have sacrificed 100% of my offense to solely stack DR mitigation. I'm getting worked over by the new DC pb, and the old HR one. If TRs have one now, I'm going to lose my head and flip out.

Also, demanding a "fix" to SoD a day after it was balanced would be akin to the thousands of GWFs out there DEMANDING that Intimidation be "fixed" again.
  • Options
    tbhdk2tbhdk2 Member Posts: 78
    edited November 2014
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry deals 6588 (6275) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry deals 4893 (4660) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[NPC] Myriss Olden: You'll find the best of everything here.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 1594 (1518) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 1603 (1527) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 1030 (981) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 1647 (1568) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 2157 (2054) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 1458 (1388) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 2828 (2694) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 631 (601) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 654 (623) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 1682 (1602) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 1474 (1404) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 4605 (4386) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 627 (598) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 2380 (2267) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 609 (580) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry deals 1834 (1747) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry deals 3994 (3804) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 2380 (2267) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 594 (565) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 2778 (2646) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 630 (600) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 3362 (3202) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 1381 (1316) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 7853 (7479) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 595 (566) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 3775 (3595) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 1411 (1343) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 1452 (1383) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 1410 (1343) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Shadow of Demise deals 3459 (3294) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

Now that is nice for the last and best top feat of executioner isnt it?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Closing this as one, there's been a patch, and two we have a thread on this already in Thieves Den and Gameplay.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.