test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dexterity bug

koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Trickster Rogue:
Dexterity: Rogues now get an additional .5% deflect chance per point of Dex for a total of 1% for each point past 10.

the recent dexterity buff to the TRs (as stated here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?790161-Rise-of-Tiamat-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-35-20141104a-6) are now affecting all classes.
EVERY CLASS is getting bonus deflection from their DEX.

fix pls thanks
Post edited by koalazebra1 on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2014
    here is one example from a HR, which is not supposed to get the dexterity buff

zUzhvE9.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    another example from a GWF, also not supposed to get the dexterity buff

v4GijUA.png
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Those guys look like they probably get the extra deflection percentage just for being hard to look at.

Just kidding.

Edit.. Plus, Trousers should be prerequisite to deflection. Without trousers, one is too busy keeping one's gear in place to spend time deflecting.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    one more example from a Guardian Fighter also getting bonus deflect from DEX, not supposed to happen

fH0DnHz.png
  • Options
    pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    Those guys look like they probably get the extra deflection percentage just for being hard to look at.
    omfg by far the funniest thing i've seen on the internet for today xDDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i know :) but those guys farmed me lots of RP

(IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)
    Given their quite useless gear you admit to having used them as bots to farm RP? Do I read this correct?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Given their quite useless gear you admit to having used them as bots to farm RP? Do I read this correct?

I assume hoard drops from repeatedly killing them in PvP, actually. Because the enchants, they do that.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    one more example from a Guardian Fighter also getting bonus deflect from DEX, not supposed to happen

GF actually needs that buff... With the dmg in ESoT and ELoL after M5 feeling strangely higher than M4 and with the Tiamat AoE stuff in which you will be stunned cause too much stuff will happen around you and 1 shooted occasionally (one of the preview patch notes include something about unavoidable dmg)... so yeah GF as a tank will need it.
  • Options
    xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    HR has gotten Deflect from DEX for a long time, since I created mine about a year ago, at least that's what the tool tip said. I kept that in mind, STR=STAM, WIS=CRIT, and DEX=DEFL.
  • Options
    aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    HR has gotten Deflect from DEX for a long time, since I created mine about a year ago, at least that's what the tool tip said. I kept that in mind, STR=STAM, WIS=CRIT, and DEX=DEFL.

yeah but not 1% but 0.5% that s the problem... from what I know...
  • Options
    edited November 2014

every class gets deflect from DEX but should be only .5% per point except for TRs (they get 1%)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    here is how broken DEX is for HRs atm

F9Pl9Xd.png

this is an unbuffed HR (no pots, just a plain HR derping like he is some pro.ROFL) , as you can see the deflect is stupidly high.
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    here is how broken DEX is for HRs atm

F9Pl9Xd.png

this is an unbuffed HR (no pots, just a plain HR derping like he is some pro.ROFL) , as you can see the deflect is stupidly high.

i hope they let it that way , and since when deflection was broken on HR ?
    HR is the same decendent of the TR and rely on deflection too , this why he has DEX as a main stat !
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    kaedennn wrote: »
    i hope they let it that way , and since when deflection was broken on HR ?
    HR is the same decendent of the TR and rely on deflection too , this why he has DEX as a main stat !

it is broken on all classes except for TR(duh). yeah HR has DEX as main stat too but they should NOT get 1% deflect per point beyond 10. Should be .5%

prooff
  • Options
    wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited November 2014
    Yes, it would be very broken if HR's were intentionally gaining deflect for each point that they put into their damage dealing stat. Still, I thought the same thing about SW's for a long time (still do a little).