test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plated Band of CON vs Lathander's Artifact Set

cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Which is better?
I play as a GF.
I hv quite a low HP and CON. and planning to go with plated band of CON. since its cheap now ^_^.
is the 3piece artifact bonus worth it or any good at all?

while wearing my corrupted bi set + corrupted offhand, I only hv abt 40k HP in pvp. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Plated Belt sounds like the way to go for you, at least in my opinion.
    I know that my 'Lock will be keeping his Con. Belt.
    However, you may want to ask again on the Class Forums and/or the PvP Forums.
    You can get some crazy good advice from bleeding edge theory crafters there, rather than more general advice here.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Stick with the con belt.

Artifact sets require you to slot a less than ideal artifact and the 3 piece set bonuses aren't very good. ( "A chance" again? Seriously? No way this vagueness isn't done on purpose.)

Grab a cloak of your choice, but ignore the set.
  • Options
    pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Agreed, the con belt is still probably the best bet for GF. I go as GF as well and am just planning to get one of the cloaks. Some of the 3-piece set bonuses / effects do seem decent, but not worth my personal time to go out and get a hold of a brand new artifact and level it up just to get that bonus. >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Most of the armour set bonus' are not very good anyway, I wouldn't worry overly much about it. As has been said use what is best for you.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I thought about this carefully, and decided on sticking with the Constitution belt.

I'll probably get the lathander cloak
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cxyen wrote: »
    I play as a GF.
    I hv quite a low HP and CON.

Well, there's your problem :P
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the 3 piece set bonuses aren't very good. ( "A chance" again? Seriously? No way this vagueness isn't done on purpose.)

How that, a chance?

3 of Set:
    If you are returned from Near Death status, you and nearby allies will be healed for 50% of their maximum hit points and receive a buff to their Recovery of 500 points for 10 seconds. You are also immune to injuries due to death.
  • Options
    cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thanks guys, really appreciate this.
    Well, there's your problem :P

LOL. :D
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It depends on if the soulforged could trigger the set bonus of Lathander. If yes, I will take lathander set for sure. 50% heal for one player is already a game changer, for allies also, no brainer.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well as a GF you really should not be dieing, if you do die likely noone else will live long enough to rez you although if it could trigger from soulforge then that would be very good for pvp. Like op good.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Artifact sets require you to slot a less than ideal artifact and the 3 piece set bonuses aren't very good. ( "A chance" again? Seriously? No way this vagueness isn't done on purpose.)
    lewel555 wrote: »
    How that, a chance?

3 of Set:
    If you are returned from Near Death status, you and nearby allies will be healed for 50% of their maximum hit points and receive a buff to their Recovery of 500 points for 10 seconds. You are also immune to injuries due to death.

It's not. Lathander/Seldarine have crystal clear set bonuses. Black Ice/Imperial are vague.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am considering using the Lathander set on my GF simply because the stats look good, the artifact wouldn't be a terrible choice, and while the set bonus would only come up in a worst-case scenario, I also view that as being when it would be most needed.

Most importantly in my case, I already have the artifact drop, making the full set achievable, and I've not invested in any previous artifact belt on this character.

This is also assuming the bonus works with Soulforged.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Grab a cloak of your choice, but ignore the set.

I've not even been that impressed with the cloaks, especially the crazy RP requirements to max them out. Some of the jewelcrafted stuff is looking interesting, though . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    flyingleon wrote: »
    It depends on if the soulforged could trigger the set bonus of Lathander. If yes, I will take lathander set for sure. 50% heal for one player is already a game changer, for allies also, no brainer.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This. If this works, it is best in slot for every class, at least for pvp. I would go on preview and test it, but I never have gotten the Eye of Lathander from Dread Ring.
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I've not even been that impressed with the cloaks, especially the crazy RP requirements to max them out. Some of the jewelcrafted stuff is looking interesting, though . . .

I'm with you. Given Cryptic's recent track record existing artifact gear will be obsolete once mod 6 rolls around and/or the level cap rises. I'm not gonna pay 4.6 Million on something that only gives a 40% return when obsolete. Too short a planned obsolescence. At least with Jewelcrafting, pets can use 'em once they're no longer bis.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jeffro9000 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

This. If this works, it is best in slot for every class, at least for pvp. I would go on preview and test it, but I never have gotten the Eye of Lathander from Dread Ring.
    Even if not, a premade with lathander artifacts could easily bring people back from near death status. The set has huge potential I think.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So? Could anyone confirm if it works with soulforged or not? Surely someone must have tried the set by now.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I would assume it works with soulforged as other near death procs do. However I can not conform with certainty.

However, you as a GF should not be dying that often. If you are dying enough to warrant this set effect on a GF you should be re-examine your build choices.

The set effect is pretty cool in theory but as soon as you consider Guardian Fighters shouldn't be dying basically ever it is not worth it.

My Guardian Fighter doesn't even use soulforged because if he is dead it means something went horribly wrong and the party should completely regroup anyway... more often than not he is the last person to die.

I would not recommend using this set on a class which is so unlikely (if built correctly) to die.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would assume it works with soulforged as other near death procs do. However I can not conform with certainty.

However, you as a GF should not be dying that often. If you are dying enough to warrant this set effect on a GF you should be re-examine your build choices.

The set effect is pretty cool in theory but as soon as you consider Guardian Fighters shouldn't be dying basically ever it is not worth it.

My Guardian Fighter doesn't even use soulforged because if he is dead it means something went horribly wrong and the party should completely regroup anyway... more often than not he is the last person to die.

I would not recommend using this set on a class which is so unlikely (if built correctly) to die.

Everyone dies in PvP. Well, except our current DC, but that's another story :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I dunno, the stats on Lathander belt look way better than CON belt for GF, if you disregard the extra 2 CON. ArP isn't going to do anything for me whereas Recovery will be very welcome. Also DEX is my second-highest stat so more Deflect chance is also good. Each to their own I suppose but I hope to get Lathander's Belt, I have the CON belt but am trying to sell it.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have the Plated Band of CON and I really like it

I am currently refining it... which takes a while... the nice thing is I can use things I would not have picked up before

Urlord
  • Options
    niedowiarekkniedowiarekk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Anyone test lathander set or know this work?
    I have a question, if I get full lathander set I need to get soulforget ench to get up from near death or without this ench will work?