test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No mount no dragons!

spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Yeah, kind of annoying how if you don't have a 110% purchased mount you might as well not even try to get any of the rewards from the new zone. Super fun chasing everyone down only to see the dragon go down in under 5 seconds before I can even get to it. Free mounts might as well be walking.
MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
Post edited by spacejew on

Comments

• notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Purchase a mount in the ZEN store, it's account bound. No money no success in NeverWinter ! :D
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I would have if I'd have known it was the price of admission to Module 5 content. Only $25 to join in the fun!
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I'm not playing my 2nd account because I have no 110% mount on it.
    edited November 2014
    Yeah take it from me if you have a default horse you're screwed with Module 5. Just went to four different zones with 5 dragons up each and got in exactly one hit. The people with 110% mounts downed each dragon in each zone in under five seconds each. So from now on I guess I might as well go for Red first since at least then I have a chance for one.
    edited November 2014
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    People are starting each dragon as soon as the timer hits, although most are starting on white and moving around the loop, but generally ppl who are in zone will just go to the nearest dragon and start once the timer cools down.

The biggest problem with this is if the red dies all the dragons respawn.

If you have a slow mount, I'd suggest being at the white at 45mins and then goto the red and wait for the zerg to arrive or possibly the blue, since the distance from blue to red is not too far.

The other option is to save up AD, convert to Zen and by an account wide purple mount thats 110% speed.

If you level a new character to 20 and open the goody box, you usually get a 20% off mount discount card. Combining the discount with a mount on sale can net you a account wide purple mount around 1800 zen.

Sadly thats 900k AD. Which would mean you would need to cap you conversions for about 38 days.
    edited November 2014
    drinnth wrote: »
    People are starting each dragon as soon as the timer hits, although most are starting on white and moving around the loop, but generally ppl who are in zone will just go to the nearest dragon and start once the timer cools down.

The biggest problem with this is if the red dies all the dragons respawn.

If you have a slow mount, I'd suggest being at the white at 45mins and then goto the red and wait for the zerg to arrive or possibly the blue, since the distance from blue to red is not too far.

The other option is to save up AD, convert to Zen and by an account wide purple mount thats 110% speed.

If you level a new character to 20 and open the goody box, you usually get a 20% off mount discount card.

I'm fully aware of the options on how to get one of the mounts I'm just irritated that a cash shop item is the deciding factor in your rewards in module 5.

I knew people would reply with it being totally fine that a $25 cash shop item locks out F2P players from Module 5 content. After all, if we slow-mount folks can't participate guess who gets better chances at the drops?
  • alexis0starfirealexis0starfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I won't buy a dragon mount that can't fly..
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    It was almost impossible to get a Great Success on some dragons when Mod 4 launched due to the Zerg. That has died down. They also gave the dragons more life in response to feedback.

Give it a few days and there will be fewer people swarming the dragons.

At the end of the day, I have no problem with people who support the development of the game having some benefits.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    I'm fully aware of the options on how to get one of the mounts I'm just irritated that a cash shop item is the deciding factor in your rewards in module 5.

I knew people would reply with it being totally fine that a $25 cash shop item locks out F2P players from Module 5 content. After all, if we slow-mount folks can't participate guess who gets better chances at the drops?

You can farm the AD and get the $25 Zen mount for free. but it will take time on your part. I know many FTP ppl who have gotten their mounts. It is not an impossible undertaking. If you choose to be on the slower mount then you must accept that fact.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you are too poor to have a good mount, the chance is you won't get any great success. So, it really doesn't matter whether you get to the dragons in the new zone, unless the insanely great loot of dragon slaying potions and scrolls of protection from dragons are what you shoot for.
    edited November 2014
    It was almost impossible to get a Great Success on some dragons when Mod 4 launched due to the Zerg. That has died down. They also gave the dragons more life in response to feedback.

At the end of the day, I have no problem with people who support the development of the game having some benefits.

Fair enough. At the moment it seems like I just need to be a bit more particular about which zone I'm in just before the event starts. The 110% zerg is also probably due to TR's being able to solo them in a few seconds by themselves with certain stacking abilities.
    edited November 2014

I don't know who you meant by "people who support the development". Is everybody using the same skill doing the same amount of damage or just certain groups are dealing more damages doing the same things? And how do you know who "support" the development, and with what? Money or more time playing?

When I started playing this game there was a similar situation when GWFs were able to kill bosses in a few seconds and everybody was crying exploits. I did not hear anybody saying the same "let it slide since these guys support the development and should receive more benefits than the others" back then, why should some people receive more benefits than the others now?
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    Yeah, kind of annoying how if you don't have a 110% purchased mount you might as well not even try to get any of the rewards from the new zone. Super fun chasing everyone down only to see the dragon go down in under 5 seconds before I can even get to it. Free mounts might as well be walking.
    you can not farm all dragons, but if you are there when the dragons spawn it is your own inability to get at least on one dragon great success. If you can not even get yourself organized so far then I doubt a T3 mount will change that.
    I could understand if you complained about "cannot farm all dragons at the same time but I want it" *foot stamp on floor*.
    But it is easy to get to at least one dragon, most probably 2 or 3.
    healary wrote: »
    If you are too poor to have a good mount, the chance is you won't get any great success.
    What does having "Great Success" to do with a T3 mount?
    You might get less chances at great success, but each quarter to the hour even an unmounted GF with injured legs can get "great success" on the dragon where he starts.

I don't deny that a mount is beneficial, but "CAN NOT" ... certainly not true.
    Considering you might play since April 2013 I wonder why you still do not have a T3 mount.
    edited November 2014
    What does having "Great Success" to do with a T3 mount?
    You might get less chances at great success, but each quarter to the hour even an unmounted GF with injured legs can get "great success" on the dragon where he starts.

I don't deny that a mount is beneficial, but "CAN NOT" ... certainly not true.
    Considering you might play since April 2013 I wonder why you still do not have a T3 mount.

Please read my post carefully again. I never said you need a T3 mount to get a Great Success. The key words are "too poor".

If someone is too poor to buy a T3 mount, which can be obtained for a little more than 1 million AD like the one currently on sale, logically he does not have good gear to get many Great Successes.

I also never said I don't have a T3 mount.
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Hello, it's mod 5. If you spent enough time to unlock all boons in all other campaigns you should have enough AD to buy zen for a mount.
    And if you don't have enough AD how do you plan to refine your artifact equipment which you can get there?
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Got this yesterday. Killed the white dragon, lost a few seconds with adds I had to kill before mounting up. Spent the next, around minute and a half, running from one dragon to the other and missing it by a few seconds. Out of five dragons I got one. Obvs my 80% mount is not good enough.

A hearty LOL to the NW team who turned one of the most dangerous and powerful critters in D&D into a 5-7 second kill.

I reckon dynamic scaling events (the more players in an area, the more HP and damaging an encounter is, which makes it challenging for a large group and doable for a small group) is too difficult for the brand of programers this indie game has, but is it that bad to have a modicum of challenge? Make the dragons harder, you know, so they feel like they are dragons. Otherwise why not change the skin to a goat or something? At least we then we can go 'oh yeah, they summoned a goat, pfft, dead already. Dummy cultists'.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    @OP - The Shadow of demise stacking bug and the bug that causes the dragons to despawn are both being fixed in todays patch so you should have a slightly better chance after that.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    its not that big of a deal, start with green go to blue then red. That way you give thoes with 110% mounts a head start or if you can't do that then do blue then red, after today if they fix the dragon despawn after red dies glitch then you can just camp a dragon and move to another you make it sound like you can't do anything but you can. You won't be able to hit all 5 dragons (as not everyone does it in that order) but you can get a couple... saving they fix this despawn issue :)

I also hope they fix shadow of demise stacking as well.. how can i tell what powers / feats to use other then this if everything is melted :(
  • kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    healary wrote: »
    Please read my post carefully again. I never said you need a T3 mount to get a Great Success. The key words are "too poor".

If someone is too poor to buy a T3 mount, which can be obtained for a little more than 1 million AD like the one currently on sale, logically he does not have good gear to get many Great Successes.

I also never said I don't have a T3 mount.
    How do you work out too poor to have anything in this game.
    You have 2 tpyes of people PTP and FTP.
    Obviously the PTP people have the benefit of getting what they want when they want it.

The FTP people have the benefit of not having to spend money and potentially be far more experienced that PTP people.

FTP can get full T1, T2, IWD, Sharander sets for nothing, but must be prepared to put the time in running campaigns, dungeons, HEs (sorry not a PVPer, but I bet that gear too can be got from running PvP). I've not pushed with the draconic gear, but that's there for the taking too.

FTP people can get T3 mounts - 1 level 20 Leadership using just the 3 level 20 tasks will generate 9600 Rad a day, with the 20% coupon that a toon gets at lvl20 now, a mount costs 1million AD = 104 days, just over 3 months (from getting lvl 20 leadership). If a FTP does it right they can get 19600 RaD a day from leadership. Even without buying any extra slots, everyone starts with 2 toons which brings it down to less than a month to generate 1million AD. Not forgetting those dungeons run to gear up, selling or salvaging the multiple sets of purps t1 & 2 rings and belts, you can get to your max RaD with too much effort. If you really want to put effort into it, you can farm dungeons hard and make shed loads.
    FTP can always invest in some new toon slots and get a couple of mules working just leadership and suddenly they find they've a T3 mount all the gear they want or need (at the moment) and not spent a penny of real money.
    If they have a tendency towards design, try the foundry I've read some authors make millions.

There really is very little that cannot be got in this game for free, providing people are prepared to wait and work for it. If they aren't prepared to do that, the other options are either pay (but we've established they are too poor) or put up with it. Oh, there's always the forums too... ;)
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kiteares wrote: »
    How do you work out too poor to have anything in this game.
    [...]
    There really is very little that cannot be got in this game for free, providing people are prepared to wait and work for it. If they aren't prepared to do that, the other options are either pay (but we've established they are too poor) or put up with it. Oh, there's always the forums too... ;)
    Spoken like an evil witch, but very true. Certainly not the thing people here want to read.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    leandreav1 wrote: »
    Make the dragons harder, you know, so they feel like they are dragons. Otherwise why not change the skin to a goat or something? At least we then we can go 'oh yeah, they summoned a goat, pfft, dead already. Dummy cultists'.

I don't know, you shouldn't mess with The Cult Of The Slightly Grumpy Goat.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know what folks are talking about. I ran the Heralds event for the first time last night and just followed the crowd to all the dragons. I participated in every fight, got Great Success on a couple, even scored Lathander's Belt.

I have a Rank 1 mount.
  • vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you havent put in the time that other FTP players have for a decent mount since 2013, then get off the forums and start farming!
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    One would think that, after all the experience gained leveling to 60 and grinding beyond, people would have realized that a 110% mount is the single most helpful item in the game. The learning curve has always been steep for me, as a first-time MMO player during beta playing his favorite D&D class, a DC...but I could see how that fast mount gave so many advantages right from the start. I ask myself constantly, as I see uber-powered 60's lumbering from place to place on NAGS, "How could this lesson not be intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers?"
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thats why the slower gamers kill the red dragon first
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I cheaped out when I started playing the game and bought an 80% mount for $15, but by the time I hit Dread Ring it was clear that the greatest quality-of-life improvement in this game was a 110% mount.

Got the Stormraider Clydesdale and have never regretted that purchase.
  • mlsymptommlsymptom Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You could always spend some time with surveys and earn a mount.
  • ablettoabletto Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2014
    It should be worth noting that the vast cause of this issue is the fact that TR Executioners were abusing the bug. It's well known that they are taking down end-game bosses in seconds. This will be fixed by the time servers come back up and then, we shall see how the mechanic works as intended.

I'm guessing even with Common mounts you shouldn't have too hard a time getting each one, but an epic 110% would still be beneficial.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not sure you're supposed to be involved in all dragons, however they're currently dying too fast due to excess plague fire stacks I believe so you have to wait for them (if they do) fix it to have an easier time.