test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Empowerment

dawolfmanzdawolfmanz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Here's an idea for Guilds... How about allowing for Guild Powers, which can be purchased/empowered and applied to guild members? Powers could be + to Power/Crit/Armor Pen, etc.. or +1 to an ability scores, or other guild buffs. I think this would add a whole new purpose/benefit to guild membership and activity.
Post edited by dawolfmanz on

Comments

• truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please DON'T!

That will make a lot of players to be forced to join a guild to become more competitive. Guild benefits should include a cosmetic (cape or tabbard) an services available in a guildhall never buffs
  • dawolfmanzdawolfmanz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No one would be "forced" to join a guild. It would create benefits for those who do and those who provide support to their guild.
  • lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Please DON'T!

That will make a lot of players to be forced to join a guild to become more competitive. Guild benefits should include a cosmetic (cape or tabbard) an services available in a guildhall never buffs

Also its nice to have the guild window to show all guilds of the server. Hm, and some how, maybe some guild points system to keep your guild on top/in the first page. That would make it so much more fun :D
  • wyckedstudioswyckedstudios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The only way I would consider this a good idea, would be if the boons gained were only applied in some new Guild vs Guild pvp system
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    how about no....

i do like the idea of cosmetic stuff said by truelokaster though. Free appearance change capes with a specific (but generic lol) logo.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    -1, can we say hell no!
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guild benefits should be limted to just Free Donuts. I have a bank full of fancy capes.....let's get fancy hats instead!!! :D
  • lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Guild vs Guild +1

And we need Server vs Server! That could be pretty fun.
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's a great idea, buffs for guildies, guild vs guild, I'm in :D
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh.
    Hell.
    No.

I can't stand most Guilds in general and in this Game in particular.
    I play this game for fun.
    It is not my job.
    I do not work for a "Guild Master".
    I do not "Owe" any "Guild" ANYTHING.
    Making people dependant of Guilds for their character advancement is a mistake.
    The best thing (hell, the only really GOOD thing) about the Campaigns and Modules is that they make BIS Gear available without Dungeons, meaning that you don't have to belong to one of the big Guilds just to play past a certain point.
    Locking me out of Gauntlet Grymm is bad enough. Locking me out of an entire path of Character advancement would be a miserable thing to do.

Go ahead and make Cosmetic thing-a-ma-bobs if you want.
    No issues.
    You can have your Housing and Storage.
    I would envy that, but Membership Has Its Privileges.
    Guild V Guild PvP?
    Sound good. Do it.
    Titles? Teleports? No biggie. Enjoy yourselves.
    Just do NOT lock me out of Gamewide Character Advancement.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A big NO to any character buffs that rely on any sort of "guild level".

As to the poster above me - form your own guild, with only you as a member! That way you can get into GG. You can usually buy the other 4 signatures in PE for about 5-10g each. Boot them after you've made the guild, and you're done!
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Go play an FPS game if you want this kind of thing.

Thanks !!!!!
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you dont have to be locked out, its what you want yourself, guilds can apriciate ppl now for once, make things better for their members :)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Oh.
    Hell.
    No.

I can't stand most Guilds in general and in this Game in particular.
    I play this game for fun.
    It is not my job.
    I do not work for a "Guild Master".
    I do not "Owe" any "Guild" ANYTHING.
    Making people dependant of Guilds for their character advancement is a mistake.
    The best thing (hell, the only really GOOD thing) about the Campaigns and Modules is that they make BIS Gear available without Dungeons, meaning that you don't have to belong to one of the big Guilds just to play past a certain point.
    Locking me out of Gauntlet Grymm is bad enough. Locking me out of an entire path of Character advancement would be a miserable thing to do.

Go ahead and make Cosmetic thing-a-ma-bobs if you want.
    No issues.
    You can have your Housing and Storage.
    I would envy that, but Membership Has Its Privileges.
    Guild V Guild PvP?
    Sound good. Do it.
    Titles? Teleports? No biggie. Enjoy yourselves.
    Just do NOT lock me out of Gamewide Character Advancement.

What he said. With my own hell no added to boot.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guilds should have nothing that grants power associated with them. Cosmetics and shinies, no problem. Improved functionality for guild management, absolutely. Stats given to characters for being in a guild, or even worse, scaling such things based on the biggest guilds with the most members? Eff off.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • andikttnandikttn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The only way I would consider this a good idea, would be if the boons gained were only applied in some new Guild vs Guild pvp system

+1. Otherwise, unfair to players who don't want to be/can't join a guild..
    51zWV8f.png
    ńèЪùŁâ 70 acDC
    Nubula, Scrubula, Nutella, Ebola
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    STO has something sorta like this for fleets -- that is, as the fleet builds out it's starbase, it unlocks awesome "fleet" versions of weapons and equipment. They are better than the normal versions typically. I think it's worth it.

If you don't want to join a guild, you've already made the statement that you're not interested in exploring the full breath of the game anyway. It's impossible to complete all aspects of Neverwinter without joining a guild already, so I see no reason while the few people who obstinately refuse to partake in a guild should be given any credence when they complain that guild members can get more/do more.

So my answer is... YES> a guild member will be more competitive. A guild member will have access to more and better stuff. Want to do that too? Go join a guild! Don't like it? tough! It's your own choice to remain solo in a game designed as a Massively MULTIplayer game. If you want BiS gear without ever interacting with other players in any real way -- go play Skyrim.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And by the way -- there's no such thing as "can't" join a guild -- any player can find a guild if they want too. Only players who refuse to join a guild by choice would be "disadvantaged" but since they already are, again, I see no real reason to be bothered by that given their solo-ness is a choice. Such people are in the minority anyway.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kvet wrote: »

If you don't want to join a guild, you've already made the statement that you're not interested in exploring the full breath of the game anyway. It's impossible to complete all aspects of Neverwinter without joining a guild already, so I see no reason while the few people who obstinately refuse to partake in a guild should be given any credence when they complain that guild members can get more/do more.

So my answer is... YES> a guild member will be more competitive. A guild member will have access to more and better stuff. Want to do that too? Go join a guild! Don't like it? tough! It's your own choice to remain solo in a game designed as a Massively MULTIplayer game. If you want BiS gear without ever interacting with other players in any real way -- go play Skyrim.

Yea, and its this kind of attitude that puts people completely off guilds.

First of all, what you have mistaken for a personal statement might simple be a lack of choice or options. I myself would be willing to join one, and have before, provided I could find one I considered a good fit. Id rather not be punished simply because I actually have a level of decorum and standards over who I choose to identify and align with. There was a time this used to be considered a quality trait.

As far as the rest of your rant. Well, I'm grateful I don't have to have my progression or gear decided by the wills and whims of of other players. You see, I have no problem playing with people, but I draw the line at being beholden or restricted by them. Its honestly a shame that someone self proclaimed as a "large guild leader" cant seem to understand or even sympathize with that.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Go play an FPS game if you want this kind of thing.

Thanks !!!!!

What?

Anyways like GW2?

But I prefer no for this game.

PS Im for, expanding the guilds role or functionality for a avg player. But not by stat boosts.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas