Rise of Tiamat Preview Patch Notes NW.35.20141104a.6

Comments

• yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    glyphs are still bugged!

bug
    equipping 2 of the same dragon glyphs results in a 100% uptime of the buff

9wai9OK.png

the tool tip clearly says it only occurs once every 60 seconds but when you equip 2 of the same glyphs
    (example: 2 greater red dragon glyphs) it continually refreshes thus making it a 100% uptime buff.
    this bug is present in all color of glyphs and both on lesser and greater versions.

Umm its like that on live. Also its not up 100% of the time from having two... you only get one buff and it does rest. Its just that because the two do not trigger at the same time it seems that way. If you play with it and non stop cast skills you will see it goes on its like 20 sec break. but yea can see why it seems like none stop. Doubt there will ever be a fix for that. (it can and have seemed to go on forever but ehh its like anything else not promised). Plus for the short duration of a break it really wouldn't even matter much if it didn't stop...As a cw trust me i notice it takes breaks. I'm a non stop caster. but ehh
  • burnedpixelburnedpixel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dodges: Now cleric can do 4 dodges in a row – same as the rogue. Is this intended?

Dexterity: The +0.5 Dexterity bonus to deflection is only for the rogue? Cause my cleric gets this bonus too.

Shocking execution: with the right timing now you can land 2 dailies back to back. Hmmmm… also with the invisible infiltrator now you can refresh the stealth bar twice in a few seconds from dailies only.

Shadow of demise: I haven’t tested this much, but I found it ridiculously powerful. I mean I attack once and then I’m just standing and watching things die? I hope you know what you are doing.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dersidius wrote: »
    Well, here's the executioner Capstone Video

Streamed live via my twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/dersidius/c/5501666

Caution Profanity used in this video

Dungeon was done solo and I accumulated a whooping 96 million damage

The 3 second Draco clear was done with 3 tr in the party, this video it took me a bit longer due to the fact I was mostly solo and couldnt keep damage on draco because GC is painful to aim with a hundred mobs around the boss

Here's how to fix the bug

A) make it so it can NEVER stack

B) Add an ICD so it can't proc untill the affects of the first one are over

So basically the same thing on both A and B
    Rotation that was used with Smokebomb, Path of Blades and Shadow Strike

thas was a fun video
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The 3 second Draco clear was done with 3 tr in the party, this video it took me a bit longer due to the fact I was mostly solo and couldnt keep damage on draco because GC is painful to aim with a hundred mobs around the boss

All the numbers and proc effects are more annoying to look at than campaign ads lol.
  • knallkooopfknallkooopf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Every class get now 1% deflect chance for each point of Dex .. i thought only rogues ?
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014

21k TR, great toon.
    You know that not all TRs are running in legendary eq and these who dont are doing much wors than high end, r10 orange character you have?

Check what CW can do, before you want a nerf to TR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zzeF2OVzgA
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    izwor wrote: »
    21k TR, great toon.
    You know that not all TRs are running in legendary eq and these who dont are doing much wors than high end, r10 orange character you have?

If you want to last longer than 1 module, it may be best that you wouldn't be in denial. If you try to defend blatent bugs then it just means that it will be harder to take you seriously and they may nerf you too hard when the tr hate comes. I really expect that it will come.

Can't really tell for the tr, but the cw soloing draco is freaking hard, plus it did take longer. When hv stacked with multiple players or stacked to higher numbers, that got fixed. TRs have actually managed to solo cn before artifact equipment was introduced. What is new is killing a dungeon boss in a matter of seconds.
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    21k TR, great toon.

The very fact of the matter is as follows, under no circumstance do I ever want my class become a skill-less mockery of what it was originally intended to be when it was first created

and yes I am max geared, but these results are not affected by gear in any way due to the nature of shadow of demise

PoB hits for an average of 400

Shadow demise is 50% of whatever you do done over again

Gear is a worthless example in this argument

I"ve been with this game since beta and I've also been a TR for the entirety of that time. Module after module the TR class has not only never received any support but has been Nerfed to the sorry state it was in prior to module 5 due to the over eccentric cries of people who don't know squat about the game.

I will not settle for this again. The Executioner Capstone is a beyond broken mechanic, and like mentioned prior, If you try to hide something broken, when it becomes a Q.Q war, we will get nerfed 10x harder then it would've been had we fessed up to it like a responsible community should.

The Execution Capstone needs to be fixed so that it can no longer stack over 1 application of the debuff.

I implore the community as well as the developers, Open your third eye and see through the nonsense perception of the uneducated. Reality exists through knowledge.

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I like those changes although I don't feel like there should be any cap for currencies at all. If you feel like having 5000 dragon seals - go for it. Some people keep those for 2x RP to feed their artifacts instead of keeping all those seal items in their inventory.

Good changes to Tiamat. Tiamat encounter should be the most difficult thing in this game since we are already overgeared for most of this content.
  • unknown6472unknown6472 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Character

[/LIST]

Classes and Balance

[/LIST]
    [*]Hunter Ranger
    • Disruptive Shot: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    • Pathfinder: Bear Trap: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    • Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second.

I don't know if this is intended but the root aspect of strong grasping roots is still only 2-3 sec even with ancient roots feat. the Thorned Roots feat DOT seems to continue for the whole duration but not the root. I have tried this on both the test dummies and on some mobs in the well of the dragon. while I know that some enemies may have slightly different control resist inherent to there code, I saw none of the enemies being rooted longer than 2-3 secs with strong grasping roots applies.

the whole point in taking that feat is for the additional root duration. this is further exaggerated when the master trapper procs and still does nothing to either the DOT or the root.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Trust me, 10-12k GS tr's are dominating 20k GS players. It is not a "gear" thing.

You thought the QQ in mod 1 from 40k lashings was big? Just wait for the swarm of QQ that is about to come upon TR's lol. I will give it 3-4 days of pvp on live, with TR's destroying everything in their path, and them poof. Nerfed back to the stone age
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    Trust me, 10-12k GS tr's are dominating 20k GS players. It is not a "gear" thing.

You thought the QQ in mod 1 from 40k lashings was big? Just wait for the swarm of QQ that is about to come upon TR's lol. I will give it 3-4 days of pvp on live, with TR's destroying everything in their path, and them poof. Nerfed back to the stone age

I am also awaiting the roflstomp of pugs AND some premades against BIS TRs once this goes live.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i know the TR feat is kinda buggy, but i still hope it goes live for a week till it's fixed only to bother my GWF Guildmate that i out DPS him and call him a **** because his damage is behind an TR xD
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

That CW so awesome! And smart. Cool too.

Probably too cool for this game.

Lol.
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited November 2014
    Dear DEVs,
    You don't like your community? I don't believe...

So, why you don't reply for tons of questions about Dragon Hoard and RP system you want to implement in M5?
    Artifact gear is great way you choose. It can be a reason for most of the people because its something new in this great game, BUT, when we will not be able to make it to legendary in some reasonable time... Your point with artifact gear seems to be lost. Now I'm not speaking about 10hrs+ farmers or bots... Thanks for the game you're managing and improving.
  • aaablacklady9aaablacklady9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You don't need to farms or use bots for 10hrs, just hunt some mob during daily. The RP BoP is a nice things, at last we wont see anymore first day legend shopper RP in pvp or pve -.- If i was on crytpic, i would like to make the RP BoP retroactive, to stomp gold seller
    edited November 2014
    wont see anymore first day legend shopper

They sell rp in the bazaar and zen store. For some people that amount of money isn't a worry. It just means that the rest of us have a harder time to catch up.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You don't need to farms or use bots for 10hrs, just hunt some mob during daily. The RP BoP is a nice things, at last we wont see anymore first day legend shopper RP in pvp or pve -.- If i was on crytpic, i would like to make the RP BoP retroactive, to stomp gold seller

That is strange , a few months back you were complaining about the need to grind for gear drops but now you are ok with having to grind RP , sounds like mr blues and basic tier 1 gear to me who is jelly of people who have legendary gear.
    So basically is another copy of Ice wind camp, where we have to grind like hell for get piece of armor and few lucky guys get the armor and the other will never get it ?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?703011-New-areas-related-with-Tyranny-of-Dragons-on-regular-adventure-zones&p=8340781&viewfull=1#post8340781
  • realmdierealmdie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please make eSOT(Epic Shores of tuern) use VK mode to kick someone in mod 5. its really frustating, we have very low chances and now ppl get cocky if got lead in party, he can kick all other party freely if dropped something from bosses. so once again please make eSOT use VK mode to kick someone like Kessel Retreat skirm. thx.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    realmdie wrote: »
    Please make eSOT(Epic Shores of tuern) use VK mode to kick someone in mod 5. its really frustating, we have very low chances and now ppl get cocky if got lead in party, he can kick all other party freely if dropped something from bosses. so once again please make eSOT use VK mode to kick someone like Kessel Retreat skirm. thx.

Module 5 all skirmish and cta have vote kicking instead of an all powerful party leader , it was on the very first set of module 5 preview patch notes .
    Skirmish and Call to Arms queues now all support Vote Kicking instead of sometimes allowing an all powerful party leader.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    They sell rp in the bazaar and zen store. For some people that amount of money isn't a worry. It just means that the rest of us have a harder time to catch up.

4.6 mil rp = 460 flawless saphire at the price of 30k = 13 milion AD to do 1 weapon from green to legendary.
    there isn't that much AD in game to do it.
    it should be lowered down to at least 3k.
  • miyagi#9048 miyagi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    4.6 mil rp = 460 flawless saphire at the price of 30k = 13 milion AD to do 1 weapon from green to legendary....

saphire gives 5.000 rp so u need 920 saphires to colect 4.6mil 9stack.s saphires+ 2 stacks of peridots

BUT! the point is u can buy it on ah much cheaper or colect some by hand... it must be HARD thats the whole point of epic journey of upgrade to the top legend !!! It will be stupid if anyone could go few fast runs on T2 dungs and drop in 30min some t2-armors , sell on ah and make legendary weapon.. isnt that ? legendary level must be legendary hard to reach, thats diference beetween just "rare"
    edited November 2014
    4.6 mil rp = 460 flawless saphire at the price of 30k = 13 milion AD to do 1 weapon from green to legendary.
    there isn't that much AD in game to do it.
    it should be lowered down to at least 3k.

3k is probably too low for a flawless sapphire depending on who you ask (considering it's a max price) but i agree the price is ridiculous.

However there's not much limit on what you can buy in the zen store (even if they're oddly more expensive than flawless sapphires. Once the current supply runs out, unless something is done the gap between top and the rest of the players will only widen.
    edited November 2014
    BTW, Just double checked the Dodge roll distance on the new tr dodge, it has not been adjusted at all

DERSIDIUS
    edited November 2014
    Character
    • /walk 1 animations have been corrected to no longer run slowly.
    • Golden Dragon Orbs are now 30% smaller so they better float by their wielders command.

Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard
      • Chaos Magic: This effect can no longer be incorrectly stacked in some cases. It will also no longer apply rapidly on powers that tick many times.
    • Devoted Cleric
      • Divinity Gain can no longer be incorrectly Deflected.
      • Devoted Cleric: Dodging now costs 30 stamina (down from 50).
    • Hunter Ranger
      • Disruptive Shot: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
      • Pathfinder: Bear Trap: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
      • Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second.
    • Master Infiltrator
      • Shocking Execution: *REWORK*: If you strike a target below 20% HP this daily refunds 100% of the AP used to cast it. This effect can only be triggered once before the Daily will consume AP. Ranking this power up will increase that Health Threshold by 5% each rank.
      • Shocking Execution: Damage increased by 240% but no longer scales with target health.
    • Trickster Rogue
      • Dexterity: Rogues now get an additional .5% deflect chance per point of Dex for a total of 1% for each point past 10.
      • Shadow of Demise: This feat no longer requires you to use an encounter power to apply. It may be applied to several targets again. Passively increases stealth regen by 20% and prevents regeneration being stopped.
      • Shadowy Opportunity: Now correctly activates with ranks in this feat, rather than ranks in Ambusher's Haste.

Content and Environment
    • Tiamat: Adjustments made to the logic of the fight to be more reliable.
    • Tiamat: All player positions will now show in the map and minimap.
    • Well of Dragons: Heroic Encounter polish fixes such as respawn timers fixed, more clear objectives and better collision.
    • Well of Dragons: Several Heroic Encounters were not appropriately giving rewards when completed, this has been resolved.
    • Well of Dragons: Thwarting Sacrifices now has its encounters more reliably respawn.
    • Well of Dragons: Volatile Compound can now be completed while in a party.

Enemies
    • Tiamat: There have been a number of adjustments made to make this fight more difficult such as increased health, occasional unavoidable damage and additional attacks.

Items and Economy
    • Bilethorn: The secondary tick of Bilethorn is now correctly classified as a DoT.
    • Currencies now have more appropriate caps on how many can you can have at a time. Some others such as expiring event currencies are regular items again due to technical limitations.

Oh Oh Oh - you forgot to add in the changes to the Guardian Fighter in this patch.
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    3k is probably too low for a flawless sapphire depending on who you ask (considering it's a max price) but i agree the price is ridiculous.

However there's not much limit on what you can buy in the zen store (even if they're oddly more expensive than flawless sapphires. Once the current supply runs out, unless something is done the gap between top and the rest of the players will only widen.

The amount of RP that has been botted and thank the freaking LORD for it, has really fixed the economy. No one in their right mind would ever buy RP from cryptic with Zen and if you did I am really sorry. There are hundreds of stacks on thousands of player accounts right now. It is going to take a LONG time for the market to go up with all the excess, and also a LOT of botters have been saving their excess RP. So, PWE tried to get us to put some more in the Zen engine, and they did the exact opposite. It is around 1.2-1.8 million to level up and artifact piece of equipment to legendary now which I think is not too bad compared to the outrageous price it was before. I'll easily pay 5 bucks for a legendary item anyday
    edited November 2014
    New PTR patch, No SoD nerf

PVP as we know it is over

Now begins the reign of Deathfield TR's

DERSIDIUS
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

i cant see any patch notes. where do you see it?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

20k GS TR?

Have fun killing us all and destroying PVP
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ugh going to be the worst mod launch by far. The honestly should have postponed it for at least another week.
This discussion has been closed.