test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is Respen's instancing bugged?

lazelllazell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I tried the game with 2 characters. It's now bugged on 2 characters.

Either A) I spawn into a partially-completed instance that won't die, or B) my character is stuck with a "Rejoin Instance" icon even though I completely played through that instance already. Either way, I can't start a new game with either character.

Have I just been unlucky, or is it a common problem for other people too?
Post edited by lazell on

Comments

• Options
    wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The bugged instance where I could not progress and the bug where I had the 'return to instance' button on top of my screen both happened to me last night.

The first one was fixed when I entered the instance again. The second was fixed after just waiting a few minutes for the 'return to instance' button to go away. It was annoying still, because I was in a group at the time, and now they had to wait for me to be ready or just go ahead without me while I waited. Relogging and switching instances did not fix it. Just waiting fixed it.

That being said, I also ran the instance more than 10 times. So while it is frustrating, it does not mean the instance is totally broken for me, which means it should also be fine most of the time for you.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    FYI, we are investigating applying a hotpatch to this issue so we can continue running the event without bringing the shard down.
  • Options
    gorgaxxgorgaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    FYI, we are investigating applying a hotpatch to this issue so we can continue running the event without bringing the shard down.

I sure hope that you guys are able to do this, this is very frustrating. It seems like I get the bugged instance more than working ones.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Thank you Panderus!!! :D
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014

That's great, but you guys could've fixed it since last time it was hosted. In this case I don't personally mind though.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why does it run so awful now? Multiple people have commented on it in guild and I kind of concur with them its like moving in jelly compared to last time.
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still waiting on that fix...
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still waiting on that fix...

lol, I'd guess it takes longer than 30min from when he posted to code and apply the patch. Just saying :p
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    lol, I'd guess it takes longer than 30min from when he posted to code and apply the patch. Just saying :p

True but they've known about it for quite some time.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    That's great, but you guys could've fixed it since last time it was hosted. In this case I don't personally mind though.

This is exactly what I was thinking when the first time I got into respen last night and it was the same place in the forest where you couldn't turn the bridge. I remember they never fixed it the last time so I had wondered whether it would come back again this go round. Got a quick answer to that one. And the stuck with "return to instance" bug still happens a lot in GG dungeon runs and other skirmishes too.
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    True but they've known about it for quite some time.

Lets say you got a flat tire, it may have been flat for a day or a month no matter how long you know about it, it will take approximatly the same amount of time to fix.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Patience...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Tuna is delicious!
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    **** gets bugged when more than one person tries to interact with doors/bridges/etc. Not the same as the instances that won't die, but the former is avoidable if everyone doesn't try to interact with the objects at once.
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same as the door bug in Castle Never?
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wouldn't logic dictate that if you had an event that had an issue the previous time and you were going to run it again...you'd test it first? On the other hand, shouldn't all events be tested before going live?

Never thought I'd say this, but the gameplay in the event is actually the funnest part this time...not sure if thats a good event or just really poor prizes...
  • Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Last year, this was an ongoing issue with Respen's game. I cannot believe that over the year you did not have time to clear up this issue. I have tried 10 times and out of those 10 times, I have been able to play the game 1 time. I strongly suggest you bring the game down and start it again next week once you have fixed the bugs. :mad:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'd really like to know why they can't have someone look at the instances and say hey that instance for respen has been up for over and hour...lets kill it...but no they obviously don't have the tech to do something that seems that simple. Ugggh...and they won't fix and restart the event later. It was bugged like this before and I'm sure it will be bugged like this the next time. Now I remember why I stopped at pocket pet. Loved running the skirmish but the bugged instances make you just give up.
  • Options
    lazelllazell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Probably related, but now when I try to Change Character, nothing happens. Up until I'm kicked from the server anyway. *sigh*
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    I'd really like to know why they can't have someone look at the instances and say hey that instance for respen has been up for over and hour...lets kill it...but no they obviously don't have the tech to do something that seems that simple. Ugggh...and they won't fix and restart the event later. It was bugged like this before and I'm sure it will be bugged like this the next time. Now I remember why I stopped at pocket pet. Loved running the skirmish but the bugged instances make you just give up.

You are making a few poor assumptions here. First off, its not one bugged instance, it is most likely several, dozens perhaps. Secondly, its not something staying open for hours. Most likely old ones are closing, eventually as people finally leave them. But new ones are also constantly being created. So its not something as simple as killing bugged instances that stay bugged for hours. They most likely arnt, and that fix will do nothing to address the constant creation of new bugged instances.

The problem is, the bugs are most likely player created. Some are speculating that you can bug an instance as easily as having more then one person interact with a bridge at the same time. Others think it might be related to knocking mobs in bad locations, like off the board or beyond the DMs screen. So, unless you can change player behavior, these glitched instances will continue to be a problem.
  • Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    we had this problem with the first event too
    persistent lil bug,looks like it get stronger with the years
    maybe we can kill it with the poking stick
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You are making a few poor assumptions here. First off, its not one bugged instance, it is most likely several, dozens perhaps. Secondly, its not something staying open for hours. Most likely old ones are closing, eventually as people finally leave them. But new ones are also constantly being created. So its not something as simple as killing bugged instances that stay bugged for hours. They most likely arnt, and that fix will do nothing to address the constant creation of new bugged instances.

The problem is, the bugs are most likely player created. Some are speculating that you can bug an instance as easily as having more then one person interact with a bridge at the same time. Others think it might be related to knocking mobs in bad locations, like off the board or beyond the DMs screen. So, unless you can change player behavior, these glitched instances will continue to be a problem.

I know its not one instance but if you look at a list of them they can say this one has been up and this one has been up and this one has been up...etc. There are so many bugged right now. Unless you get a group of 5 outside you just keep getting put into them. They don't ever close because it constantly says hey I need to fill these first...so unless everyone coordinates their leaving party at the same moment...it never closes down...and yes I know they may be player created but its not because the players did anything wrong...just bugged code
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is just sad...as many of us have, I've been looking forward to this for weeks. Now the event is live, and in two days of trying, I've only managed to enter a non-bugged instance twice. What is the point of the event if you can't participate???

My suggestion to the devs: stop the event, FIX IT, and bring it back for the full seven days between Christmas and New Year's.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I just replied to the Bug Report Thread on this:
    zebular wrote: »
    Just want to affirm here on the forums that the GMs and Devs are indeed aware of this issue and are looking into fixing it. Alas, we have no ETA that we can share at this time.

Here are a couple ways to try and minimize this issue:
    1) Form a pre-made group before you Q and when finished, exit through the gate while staying grouped. Then make sure all party members are out of the instance and do not have "Return to Instance" button on their screen before re-queuing.

2) When PUGing (random queue) and you get in the bad instance, right click your portrait and Leave Party. Then wait a few moments and re-queue and hope the gods are smiling, in a nice way.
    Closing this one up now.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Hotfix should be applied. The queue will not accept new members after the map has been open for 3 minutes or more so eventually a stuck map will properly close down instead of continually attempting to refill.
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014

Looks like the awesome panderus beat me to it. The fix is in folks, once the bad maps are cleared (which should be pretty soon), everything should be running properly! Yay Respens!

This discussion has been closed.