test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BiS companions? Which are they

teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Greets! Title says it all really. PvE specific. I have the Erinyes and the Ioun stone of radiance. After that I'm not sure which would be considered the BiS companions for me to work towards. Dancing blade likely? Some of the CA pets? Is the Lightfoot Thief something worthwhile for a TR or do we not have enough AoE to take enough advantage/cost? Anyhow, thanks all!
Post edited by teflondon75 on

Comments

• Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/342-crit-power-and-dps-the-numbers-guide/

Figure 6, get ACT and Min Max, Your Way to the Pain Giver Board!! Just make sure you don't party with a CW or SW or GWF or HR ;)
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pvp companions for tr.
    stone
    cockatrice
    blacksmith
    erinyes
    honey badger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pvp companions for tr.
    stone
    cockatrice
    blacksmith
    erinyes
    honey badger

Thanks for the pvp list! I was asking for pve related companions but this answers the other side so thanks :D

That's a nice writeup on the power/crit questions etc but it is hard to put a value on the non stat companions. Which is why I was asking what were the generally accepted BiS companions haha. @shrugs@ I work 12 hours/6Days a week so my play time is limited, hard to get out there and test(expensive to) when I just want to relax and have a grand time doing my dailies(hah!)

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised. In any of the other classes sections if somebody asks about companions/kit/etc it's pretty quickly answered etc. The TR section seems dead by comparison unless you head to the preview test forums(understandably with the changes coming) Anyhow, If anybody has any suggestions would love to hear it! Thanks all
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the pvp list! I was asking for pve related companions but this answers the other side so thanks :D

That's a nice writeup on the power/crit questions etc but it is hard to put a value on the non stat companions. Which is why I was asking what were the generally accepted BiS companions haha. @shrugs@ I work 12 hours/6Days a week so my play time is limited, hard to get out there and test(expensive to) when I just want to relax and have a grand time doing my dailies(hah!)

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised. In any of the other classes sections if somebody asks about companions/kit/etc it's pretty quickly answered etc. The TR section seems dead by comparison unless you head to the preview test forums(understandably with the changes coming) Anyhow, If anybody has any suggestions would love to hear it! Thanks all

whisper me in game i will share more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    You should all do to the preview shard feedback thread and complain that our companions give us away in stealth... Imagine the clamor if all the other classes had to dismiss their summoned companion to use their tab...
  • Options
    arandompandaarandompanda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Could someone explain what BiS stands for? I see this acronym all the time on the forums but have never found an explanation for it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Best In Slot
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Best in slot. Best equipment for the equipment slot, like best armor set, best weapon enchant etc.

For mod 4 I would say
    augment companion - whatever your choice is - I like the cat, it's much more cute than the stones :) - Well, if you are a dog person...
    Erinyes
    Dancing Blade
    Blink Dog
    Intellect Devourer

Lightfoot thief if you can get your hands in one.

For mod 5 I don't know. I will hold on my crit severity pets for sure, I'm unsure about the Combat Advantage pets,l for the reduced stealth, but they will be probably good still.

You can have the power pets - sellsword, dragonborn brawler, dragonbor fighter or what, that's +900 power. I just don't really like the stat giving companions.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Keep in mind that the Erinyes is going to cost you real money - only available in a pack on Zen market. If you don't want to spend the money, replace the Erinyes with the Dancing Blade.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Here are my choices:

Price does not matter:

Ioun Stone of Allure (or other Ioun stone)
    Blacksmith
    Dancing Blade
    Erinyes of Belial
    Lightfoot Thief (serious AD cost, but great companion)

Affordable option:

Ioun Stone of Allure (or other Ioun stone)
    Dancing Blade
    Blacksmith
    Evoker
    Rust Monster

Of course, people will have differing opinions . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Basic DPS PvE list

Chicken
    Dancing_Blade
    Erinyes_of_Belial
    Phoera
    Angel_of_Protection

Obviously, that works with Perfect Soulforged
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Basic DPS PvE list

Chicken
    Dancing_Blade
    Erinyes_of_Belial
    Phoera
    Angel_of_Protection

Obviously, that works with Perfect Soulforged

Unless you have a tendency to die, the Phoera has no real usefulness as you get 10 seconds of +1000 to Power and Regen ONLY after being resurrected. :)

• Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My Christmas wish list :

- Cat or Chicken or Black Dragon ioun stone ( with jewelry profession, the interest of iouns with icon slot is limited ).
    - epic Erinyes of Belial
    - epic Blacksmith
    - epic Blink Dog
    - Laughing Skull ( synergy with Shadowborn for executioners, and First Strike ).
  • Options
    brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited November 2014
    Heres my list
    Erinyes
    Angel of protection (More of a defensive one)
    Augment (The Mod5 black dragon stone would be the best)
    Lightfoot theif
    Fire Archon (Good synergy with executioner tree and shocking execution in mod 5)

Some other mod 5 options
    Repentant Dragon Cultist
    +2/?/?% Damage (additional 1% against dragons) against targets at greater then 50%.
    Snow Leapard
    On Critical Hit
    Target will bleed for 2/?/?x level based damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
    Black Dragon Ioun Stone
    Increases Critical Chance by 10% when you are below 50% Hit Points.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Heres my list
    Erinyes
    Angel of protection (More of a defensive one)
    Augment (The Mod5 black dragon stone would be the best)
    Lightfoot theif
    Fire Archon (Good synergy with executioner tree and shocking execution in mod 5)

Some other mod 5 options
    Repentant Dragon Cultist
    +2/?/?% Damage (additional 1% against dragons) against targets at greater then 50%.
    Snow Leapard
    On Critical Hit
    Target will bleed for 2/?/?x level based damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
    Black Dragon Ioun Stone
    Increases Critical Chance by 10% when you are below 50% Hit Points.

Yeah, snow leopard is pretty good, too. Not sure how expensive it is (Mod 5 companion), but the active bonus is good.

The Black Dragon Ioun Stone also looks good but not sure of cost (Mod 5 also) . . .

• Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Unless you have a tendency to die, the Phoera has no real usefulness as you get 10 seconds of +1000 to Power and Regen ONLY after being resurrected. :)

Assuming that one have a decent gear, You should not need companions for anything but a boss fight and that is what I had in mind when I suggested the list of active companions. Also with that in mind that is why I'm not suggesting any stat companions. Since most boss fights (EPIC) "lock" you out if you die, it's good to be back on your feet as buffed as you can be if that happens.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Assuming that one have a decent gear, You should not need companions for anything but a boss fight and that is what I had in mind when I suggested the list of active companions. Also with that in mind that is why I'm not suggesting any stat companions. Since most boss fights (EPIC) "lock" you out if you die, it's good to be back on your feet as buffed as you can be if that happens.

Ah, very good clarification. That makes sense.