test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 5 PvE TR Build (Early Stages)

brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
edited April 2015 in The Thieves' Den
After some testing this is the best single target build I have found.

Powers
Single Target: ITC, LB, Dazing Strike/Impact Shot (Not made up my mind between these)
Aoe (for Dungeon clearing): Smoke Bomb, PoTB, Blitz
Tenacious Concealment
Skillful infiltrator
Feats
nXX4EiV.png
Direct Link
If you disagree with any of the feats here please let me know (I'm not confident the heroic feats are the best)

I took twisted grin for the damage boost it would give us when clearing though dungeons, I don't like the feat very much, I don't think is suits the TR so I might take Bloody Brawler (2.5% Lifesteal) over it.

Spell Rotation
Basically use DF and spells to charge AP, as you get close to full AP save your abilities and stealth.
When you have full AP and stealth use ITC, enter stealth then use 1 set of SF to get the 6% damage boost then lashing blade, dazing strike/3 impact shots and then bloodbath/whirlwind.

This combo gives awesome damage with shadow of demise and with the recent changes to DF it has good consistent damage too.

Item Build and boon discussion:
Armor:

I can confidently say Draconic Templar will be the BEST armor set for any PvE TR because it gives more that 1k GS more than any other set (Woot gearscore so important!) but seriously it has an awesome set bonus (Reduces the damage of enemies nearby by 10%) It has overload slots, most of its stats are useful.
Here is the stat comparison between the sets.
ne3wXVb.png
Direct Link

Weapons:
Duelists Flurry main hand is the choice for me
Artifact offhand will be the BiS offhand, skillful infiltrator power for the 50% immobilize resistance

Artifacts:
I like the Sigil of the devoted in my primary slot
Anything with power and without regen or armor pen is good for the rest

Belt:
Dexterity belt, the new belts could only be better if you had the full set.

Enchantments:
Power, Power and umm Power. Defensive I slot HP you might want life steal who knows!
Overload slots I normally use Greater White Dragon for the +900 power, anything that doesn't give armor pen is good. (I know the red one would give me more damage but because half the passive is being wasted its just not worth it to me)
Soulforged
Vorpal

Ability Scores:
Dexterity and Strength

Accessory Slots:
Anything without Armor Pen. Power and offence slots are nice, unfortunately it appears the new rings won't be very good because the one that gives power also gives armor pen.
For the new accessories I would use (Note all the them when maxed out have offence + defense slots)
Necklace of Revitalization (275 Power 225 Life Steal)
Ring of Revitalization (250 Crit, 250 Life Steal)
Hero's Ring (1200 HP, 200 Deflection)
The ring that would be awesome if we didn't have so much **** armor pen would be
Archmage's Ring (250 Power, 250 Armor Pen)
So if nothing changes ill probably stick with my Mod 4 rings. The Necklace is nice though.

Companions:
Ioun Stone (the new Ioun Stone is awesome (3 Offence Slots, 3 Rings slots, 10% crit when under 50% HP (Worst part is ArP is one of its stats))
Erin-Yes please
Fire Archon
Angel or Protection
Any companion without ArP as its active bonus

Boons:
Go for the offensive boons, power > anything, life steal > regen,

Final Boons:
Sharandar: I prefer fey thistle over the rest although I hate always being in combat stance, Elven resolve would be the next best as a more defensive one.
Dread Ring: Endless consumption, I got told it was better and I listened
Ice Wind Dale: Not avalanche, I don't really care much about IWD boon, they are each very weak (and not worth the grind)

If a Dev ends up reading this:
Please please please change the TR gear so it gives less Armor Pen because its has limited use and we get so much of it!! It caps at around 2400 and we get over 1800 (from epic artifact mainhand, offhand, belt and armor) normally a TR would want to get 450 armor pen from boons and 150 from his shirt/pants which then limits our variety of artifacts, enchantments, companions, accessories, overload slots, armor reinforcements because we want to avoid going over the PvE limit for armor pen.
I would love it if you increased the amount of defense PvE enemies have or make is so that unused armor pen still gives a damage bonus when over the limit otherwise I suggest reducing the armor pen on the armor and giving us anything else (except regen I hate regen) and ALSO changing the set bonus of the mainhand/offhand artifacts to 250 - anything just not armor pen (or regen :)) because seriously even if we ignore the 450 armor pen from boons and our shirt/pants that doesn't give us much breathing room for choice we can maybe slot 1 armor pen accessory and artifact.
Also please change Shadow of Demise so that daily powers also activate it because it would open up more options for cool combos.
Post edited by brilliantcomrade on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Reserved /10char
  • Options
    mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited November 2014
    I would run invisible infiltrator and get the sabo feat for 15% cooldown when a daiky is used. Instant stealth refil + 25% recharge on all powers is great for cycling them. Not to mention te benefits to restealthing.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    mojorat wrote: »
    I would run invisible infiltrator and get the sabo feat for 15% cooldown when a daiky is used. Instant stealth refil + 25% recharge on all powers is great for cycling them. Not to mention te benefits to restealthing.

Tenacious concealment is needed to regain stealth and skillful infiltrator gives some awesome bonuses
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    personally, I disagree with lifesteal over regen.

I prefer regen since as soon as I'm not at 100% health, it's _always_ active and regenerating my health. the more health you are missing the larger the regen ticks off for you. The problem with focusing on Lifesteal first, is that the _only_ way you get health back from lifesteal is if you are able to do damage. If you are CCd and not doing damage, no heal ticks, if you lose LOS on your target, no heal ticks, run out of mobs in between pulls or in PVP etc, no heal ticks. Regen would still be ticking off and healing you in all of these cases.

So I prefer to get my regen up to around 2k first, then worry about some lifesteal. This is my preference works well in both PVE and PVP. I think a lifesteal focus can be ok in PVE at times, but can also depend on the flow of the dungeon, the group's pace on pulls, etc. If you have an active chain puller and you always have targets, yes, lifesteal can work for some people. But I still think overall a regen build is more effective.

I am sure some agree and others don't just sharing my thoughts/experience, playing a TR since launch.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tenacious concealment is needed to regain stealth and skillful infiltrator gives some awesome bonuses

The bonuses SI adds is quite unimportant when compared to the tactical worth of IF. I'd also recommend IF over SI.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    grimelrok wrote: »
    personally, I disagree with lifesteal over regen.

I prefer regen since as soon as I'm not at 100% health, it's _always_ active and regenerating my health. the more health you are missing the larger the regen ticks off for you. The problem with focusing on Lifesteal first, is that the _only_ way you get health back from lifesteal is if you are able to do damage. If you are CCd and not doing damage, no heal ticks, if you lose LOS on your target, no heal ticks, run out of mobs in between pulls or in PVP etc, no heal ticks. Regen would still be ticking off and healing you in all of these cases.

So I prefer to get my regen up to around 2k first, then worry about some lifesteal. This is my preference works well in both PVE and PVP. I think a lifesteal focus can be ok in PVE at times, but can also depend on the flow of the dungeon, the group's pace on pulls, etc. If you have an active chain puller and you always have targets, yes, lifesteal can work for some people. But I still think overall a regen build is more effective.

I am sure some agree and others don't just sharing my thoughts/experience, playing a TR since launch.

In my case I find it to be opposite.

LS or regen doesn't matter at all when you are not in danger, and hence don't feel the need to concentrate on survival. Generally this is true for most PvE content with at least average-grade dungeon parties -- NW PvE is frankly, easy, so unless you're going with really, really incompetent people in your party, the odds are you don't really feel the need for survival.

The rare cases where you find that LS or regen matters, would be when you're either with a sucky party in an Epic grade dungeon, or playing hard HEs alone in WoD or IWD. In this case, most of the threat comes from multiple elite-grade mobs of over lv62 which are which don't die easy and deal heavy damage.

When faced with such danger, unless you're planning to fight for like 10 minutes against 3~4 of them, in the end how fast you kill is directly related to your safety. The longer you take to kill off these mobs the longer the danger persists... and to take make use of regen, you need long intervals of doing nothing.

LS is directly related to damage. The more damage you deal, the more you heal, and the faster you cut down mobs. Basically for the TR, it needs to deal as powerful damage as possible within a very short "safe time" made possible through powers like smokebomb, or Dazing Strike, since you can't leisurely deal damage from complete safety, like the old TRs.

Regen mattered for the old TRs in PvE, since they don't take any damage while they're stealthed and invisible, and still be able to spam at-wills for damage. This is not the case with the new TRs. For the new TRs, they need to use the stealth as a damage buff, deal as powerful damage as possible with an encounter (preferrably AoE), then use powers like smokebomb to secure a very short safety margin, and then use that time to hit as hard as possible to deal damage and heal back up -- and then, after the safety time is done, it's time to start moving and evading, you get damage a bit, your stealth is back up, and then go back into stealth. The damage you received here, is going to be healed at the next rotation.

In other, simpler words, things changed in mod5.

TRs have lost their ability to leisurely, and lazily attack from stealth by spamming at-wills in total safety. In turn, the TRs have gained great buffs to mobility, active defenses, damage, and the ability to contril the fight as he sees fit.

Mod5 TRs are now required to fight faster, more offensively, more aggressively, more fiercely. You don't get to enjoy the benefit of being totally safe while you idly regen and LS at the same time with at-wills from stealth. Instead, you're going to be attacked a lot more often, and going to have to move around a lot to escape that, so you can go back into stealth, and then use it to boost your encounter attacks to control the situation and kills mobs faster.

You're gonna be 'safe' a lot less, but going to be attacking a lot more often, lot more strongly. In this situation, regen < LS.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seems good. Does anyone knows, that Draconic +10% Combat advantage is additive or multiplicative? HR, CW etc bonus seems to additive, (on char sheet at least), but with CA bugs I'm not really sure.0
    I guess you would be better with red gylphs in pve, especially with DF. I'm around 1700arp now, (without art weap/offhand), so +800 is just good. +900 power is around 4-5% damage boost, +600 damage (+ debuff) on every hit and bleed on DF is awesome. I find it better overall than white. But, with executioner, that goes for high spike/burst damage, + power might be better, red is better with more hits like DF useage. You can skip the 200 arp in TOD and go for the defense if you want.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    blazious11 wrote: »
    Seems good. Does anyone knows, that Draconic +10% Combat advantage is additive or multiplicative? HR, CW etc bonus seems to additive, (on char sheet at least), but with CA bugs I'm not really sure.0
    I guess you would be better with red gylphs in pve, especially with DF. I'm around 1700arp now, (without art weap/offhand), so +800 is just good. +900 power is around 4-5% damage boost, +600 damage (+ debuff) on every hit and bleed on DF is awesome. I find it better overall than white. But, with executioner, that goes for high spike/burst damage, + power might be better, red is better with more hits like DF useage. You can skip the 200 arp in TOD and go for the defense if you want.

Draconic set is additive, for me it gave around 12% damage increase.
    Re: Red Glyphs "I know the red one would give me more damage but because half the passive is being wasted its just not worth it to me"
    The red glyphs cost far more than any other so I can't bring myself to use them.
    Re: ToD boon, I already have the defensive

Also the new drow pvp set is probably going to be the best armor for mod 5, all its stats are good, its flexible, it has overload slots.
    kweassa wrote: »
    The bonuses SI adds is quite unimportant when compared to the tactical worth of IF. I'd also recommend IF over SI.
    One of the primary reasons I use SI is for the movement it gives however we are getting a massive bonus to mobility m5, you might be right IF could have awesome tactical worth, synergies with shocking execution and shadow of demise could give awesome burst so ill certainly test it out.
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Red Glyphs could increase your dmg dramatically if you use DF, run ACT and see the difference.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This appears to be a great build for those who like to use Duelist's Flurry regularly. However, if you don't like and don't use DF, I would to not follow this build, as it ignores Armor Penetration (because of DF). :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Based on what is on preview, you pretty much want to remain in stealth and attack. Keep SoD up and things will die so fast. For pve, the load out for me is SS, BnS, and ITC or PotB. If you are MI, you should have glooming cut feated which will keep you in stealth 100% with just that and SS.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bvira wrote: »
    Red Glyphs could increase your dmg dramatically if you use DF, run ACT and see the difference.

Use black as the "poor-man's substitute". Damage might not be as dramatic as red (I'm too cheap to even compare them), but it's no slouch.

I find white a very odd choice on a non-healer, honestly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    creepgangstacreepgangsta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What about Ioun Accessory's? And what do u mean by "So if nothing changes ill probably stick with my Mod 4 rings. The Necklace is nice though." What rings and necklace ?
  • Options
    blindliteblindlite Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    This guide is only good for PC for example Draconic Templar set isn't out on Xbox One yet. Just suggesting that you could change the title of the Thread so people aren't mislead.
  • Options
    tankinatorfrtankinatorfr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Xbox players have their own forums. If you want Xbox content, go in Xbox forums.
    In the main forum, subject is PC. This is the place where you get informations for PC.
  • Options
    mastakilla76mastakilla76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone have any good mod 6 lvl 70 builds?
    photo downloaded 1_zpsztwgx42w.png