test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOD skirmish no drops at all in 3 weeks

kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
As it says and after each skirmish I ask any drops from chest,getting the same answer no
before those 3 weeks some purple rings a necklace ,at the chest a helm or weapon or gem.you get something
I am running skirmish like 6 times a day some times more and got something before the 3 weeks.
was there a sneaky patch that we dont get any thing from skirmish,its annoying
its so strange that suddenly the drops stop
I want to know if you guyz are more lucky than me(epic and normal)

edit:thks for the reply's guyz ,lets hope they fix the drop rate
Post edited by kabinoles on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    But all that aside: there was a patch. But that was to increase the drop rate on some stuff.

This isn't live yet, but is in Mod 5 notes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Getting as many as ever, myself.
    I get so much Purple Stuff in SoT that I've gone from 0 to 90,000 Rough AD Backlogged from Salvaging it all.
    And that's just the BoP stuff.
    I've sold, maybe 4 Rings and 2 Amulets in that time as well.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No issues here. Had back to back gems drop last night, along with a pact blade, and a blue glyph. Got shut out on the 3rd run, though.

Some days (weeks, months, years) the RNG treats you like it ran over your dog. Others, it's your BFF (see also: guildie who got two belts from 10 lockboxes).
  • losttraverserlosttraverser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    no i have noticed it too ive had 3 weeks of getting nothing from the chests and wondering if the chests are messed up
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I rarely see anything at all in the two chests of SoT. However, my friend gets purple from there like crazy, similar to what someone above mentioned. So, seems to just be in the luck of the numbers. Hopefully things swing the other way soon.

It's pretty ridiculous that it takes about a thousand runs of Shores, with no exaggeration, to get the item needed for a boon. Had I known, I would have just done the dragons to get the 100 sigils and envelopes.

At this point, I'm just not stressing it and hoping that mod 5 actually increases the drop rate.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wildwolf8 wrote: »
    Had I known, I would have just done the dragons to get the 100 sigils and envelopes.

I ran all five each day to get both the 4th and 5th boons just because my luck is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I figured it was more work but less frustration for me to just do the dragons.

to the OP - I have noticed that normal Shores (and Epic for that matter) seem to have had better drops for the first few weeks of Mod 4. Now, I get zip on Epic and once in a great while I see a piece of the Shores jewelry drop in the open field (after the second golem) on normal. Most of the time, I get a scroll and an R4 (normal) or R5 (epic).

Ninja patch to decrease drops? Who knows.
    I aim to misbehave
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    One week short of three months into Mod 4 and I still don't have one of the two artifact belts I wanted (Dex or Wis). I run upwards of 10 SoT skirmishes every day which shows that the drop rate is an absolute joke in this game, not just for the skirmish but everything tied into the last two Mods especially. Oh yeah they are increasing the drop rate on artifact belts in EPIC versions of LoL and SoT in Mod 5 but by then it will be too late I'm afraid. Maybe by Mod 6 I would get my artifact belt to legendary :mad:
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    It may be just a coincidence but I noticed lack of drops as well. Got some drops from first eSoT runs - gems, draconic helmets, offhands and then decided to buy those blue keys from the zen market and I get nothing at all and I'm doing same amount of runs each day.
    As I said it's probably just a bad karma. Still not even a single helmet for last few weeks after getting those on more or less regular basis seems strange.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So on each run you get one scroll and one rank 5 enchant, and on the other side you spend 5 or 6 major injury kits. There might be a gain, but it's certainly small.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hence the reason i run ELOL instead...

Granted it doesn't take THAT long to get gems/offhands/helms, especially if you are checking both chests, and I did get a book once.

But in general, since i often play casters, Garakas is a difficult fight (which i like) but the rewards are a rank five and an ID scroll (which i don't like).

At least in ELOL i am getting RAD and btw - it's more fun? Also I think belts drop there more often? But i can't confirm that of course.
  • tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kabinoles wrote: »
    As it says and after each skirmish I ask any drops,getting the same answer no
    before those 3 weeks some purple rings a necklace ,at the chest a helm or weapon or gem.you get something
    I am running skirmish like 6 times a day some times more and got something before the 3 weeks.
    was there a sneaky patch that we dont get any thing from skirmish,its annoying
    its so strange that suddenly the drops stop
    I want to know if you guyz are more lucky than me(epic and normal)

I have had no luck with the Epic TOD SKirmish. Havent gotten the book for my boons or the belts. But on the non epic ive gotten gems and stuff. With the Epic Sot i havent gotten anything really.Just some Ad and r5. Actually kind or prefer to do the Non Epic because it seems drop rates are better there as of right now. I actually Bought my Wisdom Belt on the AH for really cheap like 850k as a blue. It was really cheap. Just gotta look out for them. Ive never seen the Belt drop though from like anything E LOL. Dragon time . lol My luck tho. Not trying to talk for anyone else.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Getting the right artifact weapon was a 1/3 chance of success, which are not bad odds at all compared to getting an artifact belt from anywhere but the AH.

The boons were doable just by daily grinding to buy them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    got stuff, no book or belt but almost everything else. Offhands are not kind though - seems like they hardly ever drop.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In the last week the only thing I have seen in a eSOT chest was a greater Identify scroll, silver and an enchant rank 5. Both chests are always the same. This is after approx 50 runs. I must have terrible luck (I am not exaggerating my crappy drops), but I have heard a few people get something other than the stuff I have gotten.
  • wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2014
    I was getting a purple item I would say at least 1 in 5 runs before buying one of those Arcane Keys. I bought the key and found out you don't have to take the loot and you still keep the key for next time. COOL! So I did that for like 3 weeks. Maybe 100 runs total - not a single purple drop in either chest. I finally decided to use the key as I was sick of not getting anything. The very next run after using the key my regular chest had a purple item in it. ??!?!?

Thinking about the loot, overall, in those chests, though. What the hell? Why is it so generic? A scroll, some gold and a rank 4 enchantment? Where's the variety? Why can't I occasionally get a Black Opal or something? I love this game but the loot is so friggin boring. I haven't logged in to actually play the game in over a week - I just can't bring myself to run another skirmish and see the same 3 items I've seen 100 times before.