test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So the new belts are +5

fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I thought I had read on the forums that the belts were going to be a +2/+2 split but in the new article it says +3/+2
Post edited by fantasycharacter on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's more likely that the news post contains an error. They often do.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah you are correct , unless they have made another change it should say +2/+2 , that chart in the blog is really unclear , it also makes it look like the belts have stats based on your primary and secondary stats when infact they still have static stats.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't see much of a point to it. No casual player is ever going to even get one of those belts, maybe not even one of those items, much less refine it to anywhere near legendary. Even players who play everyday don't have much of a chance to do that. Unless there are major changes to the refining system for these, it's beyond the reach of the large majority of players.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    I don't see much of a point to it. No casual player is ever going to even get one of those belts, maybe not even one of those items, much less refine it to anywhere near legendary. Even players who play everyday don't have much of a chance to do that. Unless there are major changes to the refining system for these, it's beyond the reach of the large majority of players.

what game are u playing?
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yeah what game are you playing i am free to play since i started and i can afford to have 3 legendary equipment pieces if if want to dump my AD into that.

Refining cost ist freaking low. Epic version is kind of easy to get if you play on a daily basis. Even if you just login and pray / leadership and do some item flipping...
    oh and dont forget the dragon hoards

I am not saying everything is as it should be but it is not as you describe it
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the problem is getting the drops with 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% drop chance. i have committed genocide against dragons and still havent gotten a single drop
    Paladin Master Race
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The belts give 2 2 .. they changed them.
    The informations in that post are old
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    the problem is getting the drops with 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% drop chance. i have committed genocide against dragons and still havent gotten a single drop

I've gotten two belts, so far.
    One Con, and one Dex.
    Got both from Shores.
    I don't think I've EVER met anyone who got theirs by the Dragons.
    I have some doubts that the things even DROP Belts.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    One Con, and one Dex.
    Got both from Shores.

They do drop of the dragon. I have had 8 from the dragon and 3 from elol. The shore has not been so nice >.<. And yea I'm serious about the amount. However the drop rate on the dragons.....might stand to reason why i had nearly 9k dragon coins at one point XD. I know I have to much time on my hands. Don't jude me! >.> j/k lol
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tomiotar wrote: »
    what game are u playing?

How many players do you see with artifact stuff? How many of them are not playing several hours daily? And how many are at legendary or at least epic?

Imho it is the wrong way to put even more artifact-gear into the game. Not only because it is annoying to get, also because it is incredible annoying to upgrade. No idea what they were thinking when they implemented this upgrade-system.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i think it is okay.
    i mean... we are speaking of the best gear in this game and i think it should be hars to get and it is not a necessary item. so cool down.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    How many players do you see with artifact stuff? How many of them are not playing several hours daily? And how many are at legendary or at least epic?

Imho it is the wrong way to put even more artifact-gear into the game. Not only because it is annoying to get, also because it is incredible annoying to upgrade. No idea what they were thinking when they implemented this upgrade-system.
    And what exactly can you not do if you do not have these belts?
    Or is this just a "I wanna have that because he has that and I want a soldier and a knife and an army and a castle with booom" rant?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited November 2014
    And what exactly can you not do if you do not have these belts?
    Or is this just a "I wanna have that because he has that and I want a soldier and a knife and an army and a castle with booom" rant?

The only motivating part of this game is getting stronger. There is nothing else that motivates, like housing or exploring with interesting rewards. And how do you get stronger? Exactly, by getting stronger items.
    It gets demotivating, even frustrating, if there is not any frequent meaningful progress.
    It is the same as playing an Hack & Slay withhout items. The challenge-to-reward-ratio is completely of and not motivating at all as soon as you reach around ~13k to 15k GS.

Also this upgrade-system is bad. I have no idea, how anyone can think otherwise. Where exactly is the fun part in buying and using refinement-items for hours in an very annoying way to upgrade a single item? It could at least use some ergonomic-standards. Iam not a huge fan of Carpal-Tunnel-Syndrome.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ^To add to that, artifact gear is really the only goal to strive for, there isn't really much else to strive for, so it's the artifact gear that's behind a massive wall or pretty much nothing. When you pretty much only get nothing, that is where the frustration is at. The only reason it's remotely workable is because the game is flooded with bots even if getting the artifact gear is a challenge in itself. I would have thought with such a rare drop, other games would have it come legendary rather than requiring a massive investment.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    The only motivating part of this game is getting stronger.
    I am sorry for you if this is the only motivation you can find. It's nice to get stronger, I agree, but it is far from the only motivation for me.
    I am not a fan of CTS either, but I also do not have the urge to have everything MAXXED on day 4 of a release.
    I take it 1 stack at a time.

And we all know how it would be easier and faster to level the artifact using Blood Rubies but it would be totally crazy to dish over
    615$ = 61k ZEN = 30m AD = 77 Blood Rubies = 1 (one) legendary artifact. (not counting potencies and stuff)
    But some do think it is OK to dump (I don't know how many) stacks of peridiots into an artifact to have a bit more power. 'cause our time does not have a $ tag attached to it, nor does our CTS.

One can choose:
    1. dish over the money
    2. CTS
    3. take it slow
    There is nothing that forces you to take the first 2 option, except yourself. All the content can be perfectly played with option 3.
    If you come with the killer argument "but I am unable to compete in PvP without 10 legendaries" I wonder if the match making works, and if it does not work since it was introduced what gives you the hope that it will be fixed.
    You should meet players in PvP with approx. same ( GS * skills / wins ) score, so you have the possibility to win whatever gear you have.

Meaning: you have bad skills but a credit card you will be matched against a player with bad gear but good skills. Both can win then.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited November 2014
    I am not a fan of CTS either, but I also do not have the urge to have everything MAXXED on day 4 of a release.

I do not want to have everything maxed after four days also and i have never written anything like that.
    I for one just want steady and motivating progress, not something like "here, go grind for 20 days for a small upgrade."

Iam not talking about PvP also. PvP in this game is completely broken and a waste of time anyways. Iam talking about motivating game concepts that are fun and not annoying.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    One bottom line for casual players, like myself, is that it is slow/difficult to upgrade artifact equipment, unless you dump lots of money into Zen and convert to AD. I have only one main character now (started with 6) because the work to maintain competitiveness has increased greatly over the past couple of modules. I ended up buying an artifact belt. I have been able to get it to purple, but getting it to legendary is going to take quite a while for me, based on my casual play.

The game seems to be catering more to the hard-core gamer as it develops and more modules are added.

I love the game, but I am not sure how long the love will last at this point . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    One Con, and one Dex.
    Got both from Shores.

I can confirm two of my guildies had a drop from a dragon.
    One rothe and one whispering caverns.

Me myself have yet to see my first belt.
    I did slay enouph dragons to unlock everything except the last boon,
    including the 4th boon book which I farmed.

The fact only two guys in the entire guild dropped one speaks books
    about the dropchance, but they do drop.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    The game seems to be catering more to the hard-core gamer as it develops and more modules are added.

I love the game, but I am not sure how long the love will last at this point . . .

If it was catered to the hardcore gamer we'd have boe loot we could sell in dungeon runs from dungeons newer than CN. What this game really caters for is trying to artificially slow progress and trying to charge a lot of money.

* Expensive artifacts
    * Module 3 boosters being more limited yet costing 5 times as much as a regular booster
    * Mod 3 Ice btc pick for 1000 zen, pretty expensive for such a simple and limited tool (thankfully for these two items, they didn't make them as much of a requirement as they could have)
    * Module 4 campaign progression being 5000 zen
    * Insanely high rp that if it weren't for bots would be insanely expensive and time consume (with a refining system that takes a long time if you don't use high rp items)

I'd say most core gamers see it as a nuisance that they feel obligated to do their best to fill up if they don't want to be inferior. If they wanted to cater the players better, they could either increase the drop rate (which they are doing or have it drop fully refined, have other inferior gear, but superior to current gear to work for, have content that makes use of the massive gs inflation, have a decent way of farming again.

On the plus side, we have more casual friendly options if you craft the new rings/belts/neck with an offense and defence slot, they're a decent and much cheaper alternative to the artifact equipment, although you'll need to level the profession up. Hoping they make the personalized jewellery at least bta at the least to make it alt friendly since the game has significantly made it harder to manage multiple toons.

Anyway the point is that it isn't really a positive change for anyone except those that don't have to worry about ad generation or irl money (which I wouldn't consider catering for the hardcore). Luckily I'm approaching the former so sort of look forward to useful gear. Sort of...
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I saw a post from DwightMC on the Dev Tracker talking about artifact equipment and how the great response from players has led to them adding more of it in Mod 5. Erm, who are these players they are listening to anyway because the greater community definitely aren't for this sudden influx of artifacts in the game, well if polls and forums posts are anything to go by.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    If it was catered to the hardcore gamer we'd have boe loot we could sell in dungeon runs from dungeons newer than CN. What this game really caters for is trying to artificially slow progress and trying to charge a lot of money.

* Expensive artifacts
    * Module 3 boosters being more limited yet costing 5 times as much as a regular booster
    * Mod 3 Ice btc pick for 1000 zen, pretty expensive for such a simple and limited tool (thankfully for these two items, they didn't make them as much of a requirement as they could have)
    * Module 4 campaign progression being 5000 zen
    * Insanely high rp that if it weren't for bots would be insanely expensive and time consume (with a refining system that takes a long time if you don't use high rp items)

I'd say most core gamers see it as a nuisance that they feel obligated to do their best to fill up if they don't want to be inferior. If they wanted to cater the players better, they could either increase the drop rate (which they are doing or have it drop fully refined, have other inferior gear, but superior to current gear to work for, have content that makes use of the massive gs inflation, have a decent way of farming again.

On the plus side, we have more casual friendly options if you craft the new rings/belts/neck with an offense and defence slot, they're a decent and much cheaper alternative to the artifact equipment, although you'll need to level the profession up. Hoping they make the personalized jewellery at least bta at the least to make it alt friendly since the game has significantly made it harder to manage multiple toons.

Anyway the point is that it isn't really a positive change for anyone except those that don't have to worry about ad generation or irl money (which I wouldn't consider catering for the hardcore). Luckily I'm approaching the former so sort of look forward to useful gear. Sort of...

Very good points. I tend to agree with what you have said.

lirithiel wrote: »
    I saw a post from DwightMC on the Dev Tracker talking about artifact equipment and how the great response from players has led to them adding more of it in Mod 5. Erm, who are these players they are listening to anyway because the greater community definitely aren't for this sudden influx of artifacts in the game, well if polls and forums posts are anything to go by.

Sounds like maybe they are listening to the whales above all else? Otherwise, it makes no sense, as I have seen many players post here about NOT creating more artifact equipment.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah you are correct , unless they have made another change it should say +2/+2 , that chart in the blog is really unclear , it also makes it look like the belts have stats based on your primary and secondary stats when infact they still have static stats.

I see. Despair averted.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Sounds like maybe they are listening to the whales above all else? Otherwise, it makes no sense, as I have seen many players post here about NOT creating more artifact equipment.

Whales don't want new artifact gear. After pouring millions of refining points into various artifacts/artifact gear, whales REALLY don't want to see it all become obsolete after one module. This is why belt stats were lowered to 2/2. I personally wouldn't mind new artifact gear so much if refining old artifact gear returned a reasonable percentage of refining points. 40% return is absolutely terrible. Shame on you, Devs! Hopefully Skyforge's immanent release puts a shot across NW's bows. Changes are needed.

All that said, we've had incremental gear improvements for 4 modules now. Every module minor gear improvements created new Top End Gear, but older gear stayed perfectly playable. We're due for a huge gear jump preparatory to raising the level cap. I expect more incremental updates to mod 5 gear in modules 6+. All this is fine.