test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valindra Tower Drops: BoE Please

skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Will they ever be changed to BoE?
I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
Post edited by skinlikewinter on

Comments

• notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Who does that anymore?..

Obsolete dungeon became obsolete...
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And the TR Armor could be usefull for some TRs. (It has a stealth regeneration)
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2014
    Lots of people want it for transmutation, few people are willing to farm it.
    Most people now run it just for fun, would be nice if you could also make some ad in the progress.
    Think BoE for the Valindra drops would benifit the economy, without disturbing balance.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    johnperq wrote: »
    Think BoE for the Valindra drops would benifit the economy, without disturbing balance.

Since when was BoE ever disturbing balance? It's one of the big things making me not bother running the content I'd otherwise enjoy. Especially now there's no reason not to consider it's all outclassed anyway effectively almost removing the dungeon from the game. I really don't understand why they started taking the reward and fun out of runs minus the first few times if you're looking for it. They should be encouraging people to continue playing, not discouraging yet that's all I see =/
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The main problem with this and other similar dungeons is that they have become obsolete not just for old players but for new as well as it is clear for them that there's simply no point to farm VT to get a set item or shards that are weaker than the ones introduced with the latest modules.

It means that the dungeon is out of the game meta (yes, people can visit it but it's there just for fun, to remember the good old days of continuous runs for the old guys...). What the devs would need to do is to make VT or MC or CN gear necessary to obtain the next tear gear. Say to get a Golden dragon mainhand / offhand, one would need to have 1 mainhand / offhand from any of these dungeons (sure, CN gear would be more desirable due to its BOE status but then they could indeed make VT and MC gear BOE as well). And, foreseeing the possible question about the unsuccessful attempts (like I got not the very mainhand I wanted - do I need to farm for one more VT/MC/CN otem again?! :mad:) - if one already has say a Golden dragon item that is not wanted, this item can be used for further attempts.

It may sound a bit harsh, but such variant would at least allow these dungeons remain on the players' shelf...
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This will never happen, Cryptic does not want you get gain to much free AD from items from selling it on the AH, EG the new SW items in GG DK is BOP, all the other items is BOE, but most of the new items is BOP, same with all the new content they bring in. In ELOL the boss just doesn't drop items anymore, because Neverwinter don't want you get get to much free AD, they want you to buy zen with real money. That is the simplest answer to it.

They put a cap on the amount of AD when can revine a day, they make items BOP so you don't get to much free AD on the AH. They make the drop (RNG) very low so you must play their game longer so you may get a chance to get a nice item to sell on the AH, but good luck running the same content hundreds and hundreds of times over to get that one item.

There is only 1 solution to this bock up game model, is to farm AD with toons. Get about 10 toons and get their leadership to lvl 20, and enjoy your free AD everyday. Then you play the game for fun, and not be worried about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like BOP.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    This will never happen, Cryptic does not want you get gain AD from items from selling it on the AH. EG the new SW items in GG DK is BOP, all the other items is BOP, but most of the new items is BOP, same with all the new content they bring in. In ELOL the boss just doesn't drop items anymore, why. Because Neverwinter don't want you get get to much free AD, they want you to buy zen with real money. That is the simplest answer to it.

You don't understand how AD is created. When you sell a drop on the AH, the AD isn't magically generated (quite). It comes from another player.

And any AD that's purchased via Zen...was sold from another player. There's very few ways to actually create refined Astral Diamonds. The Astral Resonators dropped from boxes, or refining.

But a BoE drop isn't "free" AD as far as the system is concerned. It has to come from somewhere.

In that regards though, I think they should at least increase the drop rate of BoE gear from these epic bosses. Those BoE pieces do act as effective AD sinks (via the AH tax) when people buy them. It would be nice to see something drop from MC and VT that's somewhat valuable. Just like CN, the set pieces still drop, one each time, from the Dracolich, so it's not a total waste to do CN, even if you did it 1000 ties before. You'll still get something out of it...and the ancient rings and neck pieces still sell for decent AD. But this is the only dungeon that has bosses that regularly drop worthwhile BoE gear.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited November 2014
    This will never happen, Cryptic does not want you get gain to much free AD from items from selling it on the AH, EG the new SW items in GG DK is BOP, all the other items is BOE, but most of the new items is BOP, same with all the new content they bring in. In ELOL the boss just doesn't drop items anymore, because Neverwinter don't want you get get to much free AD, they want you to buy zen with real money. That is the simplest answer to it.

They put a cap on the amount of AD when can revine a day, they make items BOP so you don't get to much free AD on the AH. They make the drop (RNG) very low so you must play their game longer so you may get a chance to get a nice item to sell on the AH, but good luck running the same content hundreds and hundreds of times over to get that one item.

There is only 1 solution to this bock up game model, is to farm AD with toons. Get about 10 toons and get their leadership to lvl 20, and enjoy your free AD everyday. Then you play the game for fun, and not be worried about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like BOP.

But selling items on the AH just transfers AD from one player to another. The only thing is that people have an incentive to continue playing. Right now the only incentive I see is not having all of my investments going to waste. It's clearly not very healthy when we see tonnes of people leaving.
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Since when was BoP ever disturbing balance?

BoP isn't, BoE could, depending on how the effort to get it corresponds to its value.
    Since VT value is almost nill and effort required to get it is high enouph,
    changing the drop from from BoP to BoE would NOT impact balance IMO.

You seem to disagree then you repeat my statement in different words ;)
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I support this as well. It wouldn't really change the overall balance, since VT gear (and MC too) is not anymore "BiS" (if it ever was), and it's not that far from other T2 gear (stats wise) as opposed to Black Ice gear that is much, much better.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Will they ever be changed to BoE?

Content is already laughable easy, prices to farm are a joke now from every dungeons and do you want more boe suitable for casuals and adding more power creep...?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Right now the only incentive I see is not having all of my investments going to waste.

Some days, that's the only reason I login. "Sad but true" - Metallica.
    I aim to misbehave
    edited November 2014
    johnperq wrote: »
    BoP isn't, BoE could, depending on how the effort to get it corresponds to its value.
    Since VT value is almost nill and effort required to get it is high enouph,
    changing the drop from from BoP to BoE would NOT impact balance IMO.

You seem to disagree then you repeat my statement in different words ;)

Sorry, messed up my argument by saying BoP. What I meant was if they were worried, then yes BoE would no longer be a concern since it's worthless otherwise now. Yet I disagree that BoE would even be an issue considering CN used to be best in slot and completely filled with BoE. Had it not been this way, the game could have lived a very different life. Less people would feel compelled to have given this game the hours they put in as they would have beat the highest end dungeon in the game and would be less compelled to farm anything and more satisfied of just leaving their accomplishments as they were. I know that I'm fine with just completing LoL a few times, no reason to do otherwise.
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Content is already laughable easy, prices to farm are a joke now from every dungeons and do you want more boe suitable for casuals and adding more power creep...?
    Power creep from inferior gear that's similar in power to the BoE CN gear?
    silence1x wrote: »
    Some days, that's the only reason I login. "Sad but true" - Metallica.
    ):
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This will never happen, Cryptic does not want you get gain to much free AD from items from selling it on the AH, EG the new SW items in GG DK is BOP, all the other items is BOE, but most of the new items is BOP, same with all the new content they bring in.

Honestly, this sounds more like a programming screw-up, where they've failed to create the BoE version of the item separately from the BoP ones in the shop. It's a bit like what happened with all the GG items right before the PvP Grim/Profound gear launch where all of them became BoP and a ton of people got stuck with formerly BoE ones they'd bought to flip.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    personally, I think armour drop from VT should have at best, been made BoA some time ago, with the caveat that the character you want to transfer to must:

a. have VT unlocked.
    b. have managed to successfully complete a run at least once.

it's not the best gear out there, there's no real need to shoot for it other than to transmute, which I did long ago. I was lucky enough to get the armour drop twice for my CW, so I wasted one on transmuting my HV set for appearance purposes.

on my SW and other characters I have unlocked VT on, I haven't seen armour drop. I've seen SW gear drop on my CW, but that's all.

it would have been nice to at least transfer, rather than just scrap it for AD.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I never heard people complain much about the BoP stuff in WoW. It was an accepted fact that if you wanted the gear, you had to go there and get it. If you saw someone with full Tier gear, you KNEW where they got it and it wasn't the AH.

It seems very odd to me that I can create a character, spend a couple days leveling, ding 60 and go to the AH and get enough gear to make every instance in the game trivial. With 1 million AD, pretty sure I can get pretty close to 14k GS, more than enough to run any instance.

No thanks, less BoE and more BoP please. BoE should be filler gear or if it is good, extremely rare. Tier pieces should not be BoE EVER. If you want something, go get it.

Not to mention, there is already so little content for this game, the only way they can give an illusion of "more content" is to make you actually go to the places you want drops from and run it repeatedly.

As always, the problem with this game is that the gear has so significantly outpaced the content, that this is all moot anyways...Tiamat better be tough.
    edited November 2014
    No thanks, less BoE and more BoP please.

*Dies on the inside*. Suggestions on what to do when I have what I want? To be honest modules 1,2 and 3 didn't really give anything we needed to farm unless you wanted the black ice set for pvp so we could have really ignored those modules apart from the boons (yey dailies...)

I play to improve my character and I can't do that if I'm not earning anything, ie via selling to ones who want the stuff on the ah.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I never heard people complain much about the BoP stuff in WoW. It was an accepted fact that if you wanted the gear, you had to go there and get it. If you saw someone with full Tier gear, you KNEW where they got it and it wasn't the AH.

Sadly here you can just buy stuff and refine it, and end up with 5 legendaries, then rank 10s, then 5 epic companions, even bI/t2 set, and 2 boon campaigns...

... without ever stepping inside PvP or a dungeon.

An extremely sad situation.
    *Dies on the inside*.

Guy above omits to mention that the other game had PLENTY of BoE gear or very valuable crafting stuff one could farm&sell and never be poor, unlike here.
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »
    And the TR Armor could be usefull for some TRs. (It has a stealth regeneration)

Nope. Its terrible.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014

So, after you get the gear you want in WoW, you simply stop playing, because you can't get anything else off a dungeon? I don't really think it works that way, or WoW wouldn't be one of the most successful MMOs.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sadly here you can just buy stuff and refine it, and end up with 5 legendaries, then rank 10s, then 5 epic companions, even bI/t2 set, and 2 boon campaigns...

... without ever stepping inside PvP or a dungeon.

An extremely sad situation.
    Why does it make you sad if someone bought all his stuff for 2000$ that you needed a year to achieve?
    Do you envy him? He had no fun playing the game! He just spent money.

I don't get it why you define your very own happiness by things another person you do not even know or talk to has bought or not bought.
    Someone else has something that you do not have YET (probably).
    This makes you unhappy?
    You had 100s of dungeon runs, critical situations, funny and sad moments. Are these worth nothing?

I seem to be in a lucky position where I an quite happy that I can participate in any dungeon run of my choosing with any class I like. I won't be paingiver (at least in guild runs, this title is usually stolen along with my kidneys) but we have fun as a team, a solid performance and, well, a good time. Even without 4x legendary arti or R10s.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why does it make you sad if someone bought all his stuff for 2000$ that you needed a year to achieve?
    Do you envy him? He had no fun playing the game! He just spent money.

Do you even PvP?

Of course it's sad.

The person that spent that money has all the PvP BiS stuff months before I would as a free player. Months in which he would kick my hiney.

I have 0 fun in farming same stuff 1000 times. I have fun when I premadevspremade in PvP in this game, nothing else. I would have fun in PvE too - but there's no super-hard raid content requiring coordination and strategy, so PvE is 0 fun.

So, after you get the gear you want in WoW, you simply stop playing, because you can't get anything else off a dungeon? I don't really think it works that way, or WoW wouldn't be one of the most successful MMOs.

Of course not. Content doesn't last too long in WoW. They release big patches every few months with new gear, so you get to play with BiS for pretty much just a month before having new shiny stuff to work for.

WoW's dungeons/raids drop a huge amount of useful stuff one can use in professions/to craft items, and then sell, so nobody that is good at playing the game is ever poor.
    There are also very rare drops, such as some crazy mount with 0.1% chance to get from some boss, or achievement runs, that require you to kill bosses in a specific fashion, for which you get nice titles and fluff, usually mounts :)

You never, ever run out of things to do in WoW.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The thing is, WoW is swimming in content. I played it for six years and left the game with so many things I hadn't yet done. Yes possibly the top guilds had nothing to do once they gained BiS gear from raiding, but for the majority there was so much to do, whether pve or pvp AND one could actually dive into transmogrification there unlike transmuting in this game which costs and arm and a leg. I had something like 10 looks on my Hunter in WoW, wheras in NW you 'd be lucky to have 10 sets in game.

I still run VT because I am after the armor piece, which to this day still eludes me after more than 30 runs. I disagree that VT is obsolete. Depending on set bonus, the gear could be better than T2 and is still probably easier to obtain than Black Ice gear. Draconic gear doesn't even factor into it as the stats and set bonuses are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor IMO. Marks and Greater Marks drop on occasion too making VT worthwhile for me. Then there is the artifact and the companion. Yes BoP is annoying as hell and a stupid loot system, along with MC (which is one of my favourite dungeons ambiance-wise) and would be nice if Cryptic addressed it but I doubt they will change it soon, if ever.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do you even PvP?

Of course it's sad.

The person that spent that money has all the PvP BiS stuff months before I would as a free player. Months in which he would kick my hiney.
    No, I don't PvP.
    And if you don't like PvE at all (or any more) I feel sorry for you, because to me it seems that the game has changed too much to be entertaining for you any more.
    Lots of stuff was destroyed, e.g. PMvsPM (people just left if they were not matched up as expected -> nerfed for the PvP crybabies)
    Maybe you outlived the game? I don't know! But I would not want to wait in this game until PvP gets better after 1.5 years and 2 fantastic domination maps, 2 owPvP maps with cocatrices without cooldowns, a GG where 60% can not get into a match.
    But I am sure PWE does know where to pull their money from.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!