test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

11/5 - Tiamat Battle Dev Livestream Q&A

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Next week on November 5, 2014 from 3:25-4:30 PM PDT, we’ll be livestreaming a play session with the Devs on our Twitch.tv channel as they take on Tiamat. However, we need some brave souls from the community to join the Devs for this epic battle!

Don't want to fight Tiamat, but have some questions? Ask them here! We'll do our best to answer as many as we can live on our dev livestream broadcasted from our Twitch.tv channel.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How much programming - work would be needed to create harder versions of our current dungeons?

With triple HP + damage or more?

Are they considering that?

Thank you for the possibility to ask!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Any update for new PVP maps or modes?

How about letting foundry users be able to make PVP maps with no rewards?
  • jmjacob143jmjacob143 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can you give us a clue on the 8th class, please, pretty please!?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How do you plan to deal with the insane power creep and massive GS inflation that each new module seems to bring now? new players simply can not hope to ever realistically catch up with older players now unless they are willing to spend literally thousands of dollars and a MMO without a constant influx of new players is a dead MMO and judging by the pathetic number of new likes for the respens rerun thing not many new players are even bothering anymore.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can we expect harder versions of the current dungeons with better BoE loot in the next module? Also, any hints about the next class? :D
  • nwswansnwswans Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2014
    Any plans to review the Heroic Encounter (HE) reward system?

Players still have difficulties obtaining the Black Ice gauntlets and main-hand, and with the release of the new module, one can expect that difficulty to increase as even less players will be doing Icewind Dale, leading to less HEs being completed successfully due to a lack of numbers to participate and clear it. Similar issue may be in store for the Tyranny of Dragons HEs, but to a lesser degree as the gauntlets/boots from those are bind-on-equip and can be purchased on the auction house.

- Suggestion would be to implement a token system like what was done for the Call-To-Arms (CTAs) skirmish events. The original CTAs gave random bind-on-pickup transmutable weapons, but the current CTAs now have a token system (Battle Medallions) which greatly improved the reward system allowing players to track their progress and purchase the transmutable weapons that they wanted, effectively reducing much frustration about the event.
  • gcut123gcut123 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Will anything be done about Black Ice Gloves drop rate?

My friend is going insane.
  • handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How are the lucky participants selected? Class balance, first come first served, most creative bribe? draw straws? (Works for me when I DM games)

Joking aside, I'm quite, quite keen to attempt to get in on this, most of our guild are UK based, so there could be some impressive abuse of flexible working hours, all going well.

Here's hoping we get to be part of it!
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    handofdonk wrote: »
    How are the lucky participants selected? Class balance, first come first served, most creative bribe? draw straws? (Works for me when I DM games)

Joking aside, I'm quite, quite keen to attempt to get in on this, most of our guild are UK based, so there could be some impressive abuse of flexible working hours, all going well.

Here's hoping we get to be part of it!

All are welcome to join :)
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For future modules, will we see more open world type areas? I really liked that some were added with IWD. I'd definitely like to see them go even bigger for exploring and finding HE's/quests, but not linear like a lot of the pre-IWD zone design.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    How much programming - work would be needed to create harder versions of our current dungeons?

With triple HP + damage or more?

Are they considering that?

Thank you for the possibility to ask!

Triple the HP, double the damage, 10 man versions of the existing T1/T2 dungeons. Call them T3/T4 dungeons. RE-tool the existing T1/T2 sets and make then on par with Black Ice gear "empowered" to rank 2 and rank 3. Except the set bonuses would be different.

RE-do CN, 10 man version, triple HP, double the damage, New versions of CN weapons on par with Legendary Artifact Equipment.

Now players can "pay" for their orange equipment, or they can run CN and get equiv gear.

Now players can farm HEs in IWD for blackice gear, or run dungeons to get equiv gear.

Only thing that takes and OUNCE of creativeness would be re-doing the set bonuses so they are worth while and not some crappy 5% more DR "aura" like we saw on Draconic gear.
  • nyterazor#4638 nyterazor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What is the next mega-series planned - Against the Giants, Drow, Queen of the Demonweb Pits? I gots to know! :D
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Any plan to rework and/or add new armor and weapon enchantments?
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys! Just thought it was worth noting that characters wanting to participate in the Tiamat fight will need at least 10k gear score to get in! Hope to see you all there! :)
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    How do you plan to deal with the insane power creep and massive GS inflation that each new module seems to bring now? new players simply can not hope to ever realistically catch up with older players now unless they are willing to spend literally thousands of dollars and a MMO without a constant influx of new players is a dead MMO and judging by the pathetic number of new likes for the respens rerun thing not many new players are even bothering anymore.

This is actually a pretty easy question to answer in what they could IDEALLY do.

Step 1: Raise the level cap to 70.
    Step 2: Keep existing content EXACTLY the same EXCEPT ALL "module" content "scales to level" like the existing dragon fights from mod 4.

What does this do?

At lvl 60 +167 power = 1% damage, however at lvl 50, we all know 167 power adds alot more than 1% damage. Upping the level cap to 70, would be a net "nerf" across the board to ALL stats. meaning the players who have thousands of more stats than a rookie would be on a more "even" playing field.

They ALREADY have enough content in the game with now 5 modules to EASILY contain "10 levels". I mean how many daily quests is each module? I bet just completing Mod 1 and Mod 2 would be enough to get someone to the new level cap.

So the end result would be a MORE even playing field for a new lvl 60 compared to a veteran.

Why would someone WANT to be 70?
    Well not only would they not have a choice (if they want to do modules for more stats, they gain EXP). Also, they could release T3/T4 VERSIONS of the T1/T2 dungeons (see my post above about this for details) This new gear could have a level cap of 70 on it.

OR

The minimum level cap to ENTER the 10 man versions could be 70.

Why is awesome for PVP?
    Newbies who just hit 60and have NO boons will NOT compete against lvl 70s in PVP.

PVP would continue its "bracket" of 60-69 having its own and 70 having its own. typicalyl any player whose 70 would by definition have atleast 2 campaigns done, have about 10 boons and theoretically be a much higher GS and MAYBE skill level than a newbie 60.

Think of 60 as the end game "softcap" and 70 as the endgame "hardcap".

Instead of upping a level cap, making old content obsolete, and trying to PUSH in new content enough to justify an increased level cap, they ALREADY have BUILT IN ALL the necessary "tools" heck they even have a thing where you continue to level PAST 60 currently in that you get more skill points!!!!!

EVERYTHING is built into the game EXCEPT the actual increase of level and the actual DIMINISHING of stats (which is now NEEDED).

@ 70 ideally youd see something LIKE 200 power = 1% damage. Critical/ARP/REcovery would have (as a result) INCREASED softcaps meaning players would need to stack MORE of those stats to get teh same effect they have today.

Again, stats have outpaced difficulty and this is their way to fix that, with BUILT IN TOOLs!!!!!
    edited November 2014
    Next time you run a stream you guys need to make sure you have on demand patching turned off and a fully updated client ,it prevents a lot of the lag you guys suffered from during the Tiamat fight.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Next time you run a stream you guys need to make sure you have on demand patching turned off and a fully updated client ,it prevents a lot of the lag you guys suffered from during the Tiamat fight.

They are lagging because KV from GFs...

Was reported a billion times.
    edited November 2014
    They are lagging because KV from GFs...

Was reported a billion times.

He also has on Demand patching turned on , Watch the stream back and you will see it patching in the top left above the player portrait a number of times , but whatever it is the stream should have been abandoned because no offence intended but as I'm watching now it's embarrassing .
    edited November 2014
    He also has on Demand patching turned on , Watch the stream back and you will see it patching in the top left above the player portrait a number of times , but whatever it is the stream should have been abandoned because no offence intended but as I'm watching now it's embarrassing .

Yeah that won't help either of course.

Right now they are playing at 1-2 FPS lol.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tiamat needs a higher difficulty level. ATM lag is a tougher enemy than the Dragon Goddess.
    edited November 2014
    Tiamat needs a higher difficulty level. ATM lag is a tougher enemy than the Dragon Goddess.

Yes they won at 1 FPS without any communication lol, full random pug group.

Nice "raid" :)
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    OH MY GOD....

...what a pityful performance!

Can't they even get a little presentation right?
    Was it too much to expect them to do a test run and set up a box, a client, a connection and an instance which can handle the encounter?

People, this is ADVERTISING!
    You should strife to make the product look desirable, not awful nor boring.
    And <1 fps with graphics like a 8-Bit game 25 years ago is NOT appealing for your average customer.

Not to mention awful simple looking tactics and far too easy combat.

...it's just so embarrassing...

I may wish to point out that PWE's main office and the server are not in the same location. Therefore their connection to the server is at the mercy of the same elements that may affect yours or mine.

Stuff happens--even at Cryptic. See also: the first demo of Windows 95.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited November 2014
    I may wish to point out that PWE's main office and the server are not in the same location. Therefore their connection to the server is at the mercy of the same elements that may affect yours or mine.

The transmission suffered from graphical lag, from the accumulated 25 people FX - especially Guardian Fighter KV. It is the blue aura and its effect when you take damage that slow down to a crawl even top PCs in situations with many on-screen entities, such as Gauntlgrym or this 25 man content. It was reported quite a few times. If you want, it would be amazing if you would submit this buggy effect to the devs attention again :)

There was also apparently lag caused by on-demand patching, which every experienced player turns off.

Their latency seemed just fine and connection worked out nicely, although sound broke up a few times. Nothing unusual for Twitch.

However, the Knight's Valor FX bug was reported numerous times and should be fixed.

All in all, a few unfortunate events that could have been avoided easily.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like the Dragon Soul mechanic. Makes inter-party communication easy.

"I've got the green soul. Our party fights the green head."

I wondered what souls were for, but since I've only 2-manned the temple I didn't know how to use them. Interesting mechanic.

Currently 2 people in mod4 gear successfully kill all summoners and defend one cleric. This tells me Tiamat's difficulty slider is "easy" for two 5-man parties wearing Mod4 gear and, based on the livestream, challenging, but not overly difficult for 6 well-coordinated TS-using players. Discounting lag, 25 toons is a roflstomp.

I'm glad the developer plans on upping Tiamat's difficulty slider.
    edited November 2014
    I really like the encounter's feel. There's a lot of imaginative stuff going on.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    did they say anything interesting about future changes ? its so awesome having this stream starting at 1:25 AM that i only saw the first few minutes

it was not network, it was neverwinter being neverwinter, this game cannot stand more than few ppl in same place, its so bad its hilarious, i did a test with graphic options, full max and full min sliders make a few fps difference in ten towns(17 vs 20 fps)

somebody needs to take a look to find out why this game runs so badly, this is the only game ive seen to do this, i can play many way better looking games at max

no idea whatsoever why couldnt they just use smth like unreal/cry or smth instead going for some school project
    Paladin Master Race
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Akromatik is there a Q&A summary coming?

Or somebody has a log or something?
    edited November 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    did they say anything interesting about future changes ?

I only watched up to the part just after they started the second attempt at the Tiamat encounter so I didn't watch it all and up to that point Akromatic had only asked about whether old content like dungeons would be getting updated/upgraded to a higher difficulty level to help deal with the insane power creep/GS inflation we are seeing and the developer guy basically said nothing of consequence , he said he liked the idea but nothing was planned atm or something along those lines.