test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Increase to maximum number of inactive companions?

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
With all of the new promo and event companions lately, the number of available companions exceeds what we can bind. For M5, could the devs please let us buy additional inactive companion slots?
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
Post edited by hustin1 on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can buy them.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    You can buy them.

I believe the issue is that even if you buy the maximum number of idle spaces, there are more companions in-game. So someone who collects companions would run out of space to put them even if they buy idle spaces.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I believe the issue is that even if you buy the maximum number of idle spaces, there are more companions in-game. So someone who collects companions would run out of space to put them even if they buy idle spaces.

Exactly.

/10char
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    So put some of the idle ones in your bank.

Ignoring the fact that we shouldn't have to put them in the bank when we have a companion page, it's not actually possible. Trying to drag a companion from an idle slot to a bank slot merely attempts to discard them.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ignoring the fact that we shouldn't have to put them in the bank when we have a companion page, it's not actually possible. Trying to drag a companion from an idle slot to a bank slot merely attempts to discard them.

I've never seen this, except when your aim is off and you miss the bank slot. I store companions in bank all the time.

RE: OP: If you are mainly considering collections - claim and equip the account-wide freebies then discard them. You can reclaim them at any time from reclaims agent and once unlocked in your collections they stay unlocked even after discarding them. The *only* reason to keep companions in idle slots is when they are one-off, single character only. The account wide stuff can be tossed at will.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I've never seen this, except when your aim is off and you miss the bank slot. I store companions in bank all the time.

If it was possible before, it certainly isn't now. I just tried with every bound companion I have, and every time it just tried to discard it.

As for the 'claim it for the collections and then toss it' thing, idle companions are actually useful for Sword Coast Adventures. I have 13 account-bound companions and I've leveled all of them up (at least one even upgraded), just because I can toss them and reclaim them as many times as I want doesn't mean I want to be forced to throw them away and have to re-level them later.

I'm aware for most people this isn't really that big an issue, but if they're going to keep introducing more companions, they really need to make sure one can accommodate them all. People shouldn't have to throw out account bound companions or move them to their bank to make room, especially when the desire is there to pay for the extra room needed.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Anyone here have the "Squad leader" title?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Me...

/10char
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I actually might by now. I was only a little short last time I was checking how close my pet collector was.

@OP
    Yes, the number of idle slots that can be bought needs to keep up with the total number of companions that exist. What was once more than sufficient no longer is due to all the new companions added.

@thread
    Putting companions in the bank is a silly suggestion. It does not work if they are bound, as others have already pointed out.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If it was possible before, it certainly isn't now. I just tried with every bound companion I have, and every time it just tried to discard it.

As for the 'claim it for the collections and then toss it' thing, idle companions are actually useful for Sword Coast Adventures. I have 13 account-bound companions and I've leveled all of them up (at least one even upgraded), just because I can toss them and reclaim them as many times as I want doesn't mean I want to be forced to throw them away and have to re-level them later.

I'm aware for most people this isn't really that big an issue, but if they're going to keep introducing more companions, they really need to make sure one can accommodate them all. People shouldn't have to throw out account bound companions or move them to their bank to make room, especially when the desire is there to pay for the extra room needed.

Oh I didn't catch the part about BOUND companions. Yes, I think you can put them into regular bank slot (not sure) but certainly not shared slot. I apologize I misunderstood.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So what's the maximum number of slots you can buy? I stopped at 64. From the count on the Wiki, looks like there's a bit over 100 companions.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maximum of 96 slots, so it is possible to run out.

I still don't think bound companions can be placed in a personal bank slot. Maybe if you've got one that's bound but not named (Damaran Shepherd or any account-bound claim), but once they're named they're not a regular inventory item.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oh I didn't catch the part about BOUND companions. Yes, I think you can put them into regular bank slot (not sure) but certainly not shared slot. I apologize I misunderstood.

No you can't. I just said that. It tries to discard them. :P
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited November 2014
    The maximum number of slots should cover at least the number of available companions in game. It seems common sense.
    The proposed workarounds are not desirable, so not sure why pressing on the issue of bank storing.