test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bullcharge needs to stun or have a severe cooldown augmentation

2»

Comments

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And anyway all classes have advantages, rogues in mod 5 can perma daze, hr can kill anyone in seconds, and atm gwf can kill most classes in seconds using intimidation.
    Hi Crix ).
    But no they cant a few 22kgs + might even if sents can through a serious punch at right circomstances they are still far behind cw/hr.

BUT getting prone is far better then nerfing boar imho so your are as usal mostly right ,,,,,....

Best
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    Hi Crix ).
    But no they cant a few 22kgs + might even if sents can through a serious punch at right circomstances they are still far behind cw/hr.

BUT getting prone is far better then nerfing boar imho so your are as usal mostly right ,,,,,....

Best

Hi man and yeah didnt word it right lol, too tired.

A little over exaggerated lol but the dmg is strong though, especially the 20k+ ones. I have been melted a few times on nodes with that :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do any of you guys realize that bull charge actually has a defect. The defect along with the good makes it a balanced encounter, unlike takedown which had no defect and went on an early cooldown if missed. The defect is that after using bull charge the target gets knocked back really far, the GF has no gap closers other then Threatening Rush and Bull Charge (if fully powered) will go out of the range of Threatening Rush, making it so that the target gets back up by then. If bull charge was a stun with no knockback then I can easily land it, then land all 3 charges of Griffon's Wrath and (if you're not already dead) finish you with Anvil. But since it knocks the target back I have to get to the target, by the time I attempt to land Griffon's Wrath you're already up and moving again and your first instinct is to dodge.
  • pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do any of you guys realize that bull charge actually has a defect. The defect along with the good makes it a balanced encounter, unlike takedown which had no defect and went on an early cooldown if missed. The defect is that after using bull charge the target gets knocked back really far, the GF has no gap closers other then Threatening Rush and Bull Charge (if fully powered) will go out of the range of Threatening Rush, making it so that the target gets back up by then. If bull charge was a stun with no knockback then I can easily land it, then land all 3 charges of Griffon's Wrath and (if you're not already dead) finish you with Anvil. But since it knocks the target back I have to get to the target, by the time I attempt to land Griffon's Wrath you're already up and moving again and your first instinct is to dodge.

That is true, for a while I've been working with LS, Bull, and Anvil, many times I can get them close to a wall / border and charge them (if they get too far they can't) and then have plenty of time to land an Anvil. I don't know when, but they increased the distance bull charge throws people, so you definitely have to take that into account when using your rotation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    Yeah it takes skill to land a full rotation will bull charge because usually if you use a skill like griffons wrath after you bull them then they can have a second to escape. But threatening rush is good for that, or high movement and the daily indomitable strength is good when you cancel animation to get near them quicker :)

Definitely not as easy as some people think but either way it should not be nerfed, it's perfectly balanced I think.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Then why don't you slot FLS instead of bull then? Cause hey, stun is so much better, right riiiight? :rolleyes:
  • gcut123gcut123 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    Then why don't you slot FLS instead of bull then? Cause hey, stun is so much better, right riiiight? :rolleyes:

This lol.

Ridiculous how they try to indirectly defend the prone.

Give each class a prone or remove them all.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    take down 0.5stun? i am done lies upon lies.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Sure, while CWs can perma freeze you from afair and HRs can burn you in 5 seconds...

Its funny how when the CW was finally OP, it was nerfed so quickly. How long was roar fixed? HRs are still infesting the leaderboards...

CW cannot perma freeze anymore due to a nerf to freeze mechanics with targets being immune for a while after they were frozen.
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the classes are all balanced in their own special way (we're talking greater than 18k GS here). Maybe not completely balanced, but they're about as close as they're going to get.
    HR: (Hah. Where to start...)
    GWF: Can survive. Has control immune. Can do damage.
    GF: Has huge burst damage. Can take hits.
    TR: You can't hit what you can't see.
    CW: Very, VERY useful in team play. Sometimes can burst damage
    SW: Huge burst damage. Can run away from any fight.
    DC: Can heal A LOT

Do you play a guardian, OP? The only reason why you're escaping a one-rotation-kill from a GF is because BC is a knockback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    I think the classes are all balanced in their own special way (we're talking greater than 18k GS here). Maybe not completely balanced, but they're about as close as they're going to get.
    HR: (Hah. Where to start...)
    GWF: Can survive. Has control immune. Can do damage.
    GF: Has huge burst damage. Can take hits.
    TR: You can't hit what you can't see.
    CW: Very, VERY useful in team play. Sometimes can burst damage
    SW: Huge burst damage. Can run away from any fight.
    DC: Can heal A LOT

Do you play a guardian, OP? The only reason why you're escaping a one-rotation-kill from a GF is because BC is a knockback.

as I already said, Guardian Fighter is my main along with TR.
    edited November 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    take down 0.5stun? i am done lies upon lies.

I'm pretty sure OP meant a deflected stun. Which can go even lower than 0.5s.
    edited November 2014
    I'm pretty sure OP meant a deflected stun. Which can go even lower than 0.5s.

Yes, a Deflected stun. Which happens almost every single time.
    edited November 2014
    gcut123 wrote: »
    as I already said, Guardian Fighter is my main along with TR.

Then, as you know, making bulls charge a stun will not be the best solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    Then, as you know, making bulls charge a stun will not be the best solution.

It's only for fairness.

Either remove all prones from pvp (from encounters) or give every class a prone, simple as that really.
    edited November 2014
    gcut123 wrote: »
    It's only for fairness.

Either remove all prones from pvp (from encounters) or give every class a prone, simple as that really.

No, no. You don't get it. Making BC a STUN will simply make it easier (as in kill you in 5 secs) for GFs.

It will, in fact, it will be LESS fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    Yep. making it a stun will make it nearly impossible for a gf to kill a hr but it will make it much easier for us to 1 hit rotation classes with low deflect so we could just stun with bull charge, GW x3 then anvil, all in 1 nice spot without having to move. Wouldn't make it more fair at all.

And honestly I would love for gwf players to get takedown back as a stun but atm intimidation is very good, it melts hp quickly. Not every class needs a prone to be good.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    No, no. You don't get it. Making BC a STUN will simply make it easier (as in kill you in 5 secs) for GFs.

It will, in fact, it will be LESS fair.

I DO get it.

It's too bad for them to have no tenacity.

Anyone worth his salt doesn't get chain-CCed.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As it stands with glyphs and survivability of an hr (this is before module 5 which will bring new broken stuff to the table) boar with knock down does give to much of an advantage.

A fair trade off imho would to put cc immunity to mara and make boar a stun.
    Its sad that melee is the only path to go for hrs in pvp if they would just give some survivabilty to archer and a bit more control to trapper I think you would see a more diversed spread of hrs in pvp.

Best
    edited November 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    And honestly I would love for gwf players to get takedown back as a stun but atm intimidation is very good, it melts hp quickly. Not every class needs a prone to be good.

Sentinels wouldn't be the ones using takedown if it had prone. It would be destroyers. As a sentinel I'd still stick to FLS. It's so much easier to land than takedown and it works well with intimidation.
    edited November 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    Its sad that melee is the only path to go for hrs in pvp if they would just give some survivabilty to archer and a bit more control to trapper I think you would see a more diversed spread of hrs in pvp.

Best

I agree, I would love more build diversity but I feel like it's kinda the same with all classes. Each mod might change one path better but there is always a "best" path for each class and i don't like that at all :/
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Bull charge does more damage and has a lunge when cast. Also most GFs are beginning to go sword master so there is no FLS and don't you forget that longer cool down bud