2) Low cooldown

3) Very high damage

4) Prones

Take Down

1) You need to get close to land it, no lunge compared to bullcharge

2) Low cooldown as well

3) Pathetic damage

4) 0.5 sec stuns

Same thing can be said of Boar Charge as well.

Put TakeDown back to prone or remove all prones in the game except dailies.
Post edited by gcut123 on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    or even dailies why not
  • gcut123gcut123 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    or even dailies why not

Proning dailies are fair since they take time to be filled and can only be casted once in a while (I'm aware of DC artifact but still.)
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tbh, all prones should be stuns in pvp. Dailies could be an exception.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    zvieris wrote: »

+2

/chars
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    GWF and GF have been playing ping-pong with eachother since the beginning of times.

Beta/Mod1 -> GF being superior at everything

Mod 2-3 -> GWF being superior at everything

Mod 4 -> GF back to being superior

Mod 5 -> GWF will probably be back at the top.

I wouldn't mind Boar/Bull charge being stuns, as well as HarrowStorm.
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

Sure, while CWs can perma freeze you from afair and HRs can burn you in 5 seconds...
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sure, while CWs can perma freeze you from afair and HRs can burn you in 5 seconds...

CW and perma freeze good joke ;]
    agree with people, remove all prones from pvp, daily is different and should have possibility to prones.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why use bullcharge? knights challenge, griffons, and anvil is where its at now. Bullcharge would need a buff for me to want to use it again.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Why use bullcharge? knights challenge, griffons, and anvil is where its at now. Bullcharge would need a buff for me to want to use it again.

Id like to see a GF use KC with high success rate on anything but clueless, low gs pugs
    Anyone with half a brain can avoid the stun from buggy GW, those who can dodge can avoid it all pretty much. The slow melee GF attacks only work vs inexperienced players or players who are under cc from another source ( in which case it turns into 1 vs 2 and no arguments can be made for a class being OP or weak ). When a GF activates KC there is a clear indication he has done so, at this point both he and his target have the same advantage ( with the GF being able to have more advantage thru the feat ). So, if his target dodges or moves away like HRs/GWFs/TRs/SWs can easily do, what does the GF do then ? He gave up his gap closers for GW and AoD remember. So now, he is a sittin' turtle with KC on, being kited from a safe distance.. Need I continue ? If I meet a KC using GF on my GWF or on my own GF he's toast.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    CW perma-freeze builds were nerfed a while ago.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is why the Devs really need to separate balance issues - PvP and PvE. If you "fix" something in PvP it also affects PvE and usually in a bad way.

if zone = PvP, then x else y
    I aim to misbehave
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    gcut123 wrote: »
    Take Down

4) 0.5 sec stuns

k.

/10char
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • urterrorurterror Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bullcharge should stun? no sense
    and same for Takedown.. was difficult a longer cd and let the prone?
    anyway, I think Gwfs dont need it atm with Intimidation :rolleyes:

Boar Charge? It's ok, Hr need a bit of cc but:
    - the target should be closer
    - remove any type of DOT but increase auto dmg
    paladin_signature_by_whiitelotus-d330x28.png

| Cìrdan - GF | Cìrdan The Lightbringer - OP |
    < Guild: Pugno Fiammante >
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Id like to see a GF use KC with high success rate on anything but clueless, low gs pugs
    Anyone with half a brain can avoid the stun from buggy GW, those who can dodge can avoid it all pretty much. The slow melee GF attacks only work vs inexperienced players or players who are under cc from another source ( in which case it turns into 1 vs 2 and no arguments can be made for a class being OP or weak ). When a GF activates KC there is a clear indication he has done so, at this point both he and his target have the same advantage ( with the GF being able to have more advantage thru the feat ). So, if his target dodges or moves away like HRs/GWFs/TRs/SWs can easily do, what does the GF do then ? He gave up his gap closers for GW and AoD remember. So now, he is a sittin' turtle with KC on, being kited from a safe distance.. Need I continue ? If I meet a KC using GF on my GWF or on my own GF he's toast.

My GF is new only 15k GS and I have been getting lots of kills, sometimes doubles if they use soulforge. even people with 3-5 GS higher with that combo, yes it is pugs though. I guess you do have a point that if they wise up to it to switch it out after. I'll try switching it for bullcharge if needed or when done farming double kills lol.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited October 2014
    urterror wrote: »
    Bullcharge should stun? no sense
    and same for Takedown.. was difficult a longer cd and let the prone?
    anyway, I think Gwfs dont need it atm with Intimidation :rolleyes:

You do realize that intimidation is sentinel exclusive? And that the ones using takedown are destroyer gwfs? And yes, bull charge should stun. Everyone should fight on equal terms.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In this thread CWS ask,what else,a nerf to the Gfs.

reality check:
    First 10 pages on leaderboard.Gfs?17
    First 10 pages of leadereboard?CWs?59

Enough said.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In this thread CWS ask,what else,a nerf to the Gfs.

reality check:
    First 10 pages on leaderboard.Gfs?17
    First 10 pages of leadereboard?CWs?59

Enough said.

Looks to me the OP is a GWF.

Somebody obsesses over CWs.
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol u think bull charge being a stun wod be good for u?
    it wod just creat more problems for everyone just imagine

Bullcharge - griffon - griffon - griffon - anvil of doom u r dead, at least the current version gives u some breathing space to escape ur version wod just result in a perma stun build for the gf which already does good burst damage
    edited October 2014
    Looks to me the OP is a GWF.

Somebody obsesses over CWs.

I'm actually a GF/TR.

Have all classes but play the above as mains.

lol.
    edited October 2014
    yawulf wrote: »
    Lol u think bull charge being a stun wod be good for u?
    it wod just creat more problems for everyone just imagine

Bullcharge - griffon - griffon - griffon - anvil of doom u r dead, at least the current version gives u some breathing space to escape ur version wod just result in a perma stun build for the gf which already does good burst damage
    Lol what? Prone gives combat advantage, its duration cannot be deflected, attacks while proned cannot be deflected and gwf cannot activate unstoppable while proned. So how in the world did you come up with an idea that stun is better than prone? ROFL!
    edited October 2014
    Lol what? Prone gives combat advantage, its duration cannot be deflected, attacks while proned cannot be deflected and gwf cannot activate unstoppable while proned. So how in the world did you come up with an idea that stun is better than prone? ROFL!

It's probably:

1) A PVE player with no Tenacity

2) a CW

3) All of the above.
  • lnsolveelnsolvee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited October 2014
    emilemo wrote: »

Dont underestimate KC. KC is one of the best encounter agaisn't any HR. I can take a 19K's hr in no time with it (When my crescendo is ready). You do KC, then right after you use crescendo (he won't be able to do ****), then right after that, flourish, then you finish it with anvil even if most of the time it's not needed.
    As for bullcharge, it's fine as it is.

Also, I'd love to 1v1 you with KC, I would love to see how *toast* I would be :)
    I am Elros the Guardian Fighter.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gcut123 wrote: »
    Bullcharge is unfair right now when you compare it to takedown

Ah see here's your problem. You are comparing a GF and GWF ability. They are very different classes. Remember not so long ago when they decided to cross over powers between the two classess and it took two mods to make it anything other than horribly broken? I mean why not compare unstoppableto.... every other tab power in the game?
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2014

the prone from bull charge is no way like take down with enof tenacity the duration wod be shorten and with the movement of the gf he wod be luck if he can land an attack like anvil of doom, and now if it gets turned into a stun the gf has no distance to cover making him use additional stuns like grffon with 3 charges with a follow up from anvil of doom to end it all
  • grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The only problem I see in this game are giving 1 class the whole package for example like an HR all of us know that HR has high damage, high recovery, high life steal. can disable you up to 4 to five seconds and with stealth. Same goes to GWf control resist. high damage, high mobility, and almost infinite stun wit prones higher recovery. and so on and so forth, now, but still the loosing end is TR and DC even with the new changes why not give a TR and DC like what those OP class have. Or just let the player choose if e want cc then lower the damage by 50 percent if player wants DPS give player the normal damage for his class.
  • osiris2106osiris2106 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The biggest problem is whiners coming on here requesting fixes and nerfs whilst comparing APPLES to ORANGES in their primary arguments.

Sure there are balance issues to be addressed, but they wont happen overnight and the answer to balance sure as hell isnt what a lot of whiners are asking for which is effectively that ALL classes have all the same pro,cons,counters so all 1v1's are fair. If that were true thy might as well just make one class that everyone plays.

There are classes that excel are against and struggle against each other thats why its prudent to learn/know your opponent.

Just as an example I have lost count of the number of CW i have seen waste an ice knife after seeing me pop fox's cunning, simply because they either dont care or are ignorant to my class ability, conversely I have been tricked into popping Fox's C by fake casts of Iceknife by smarter cw's.

Imo, the variation in 1v1 fights at higher gs levels is not big at all and often comes down to skill or even luck in rotations or who gets first hit in. Ofc there are still classes that own me and classes that i own.

Oh, and why does everyone wanna try and balance pvp around 1v1? the pvp in the game is mostly group/party pvp anyway and thats where the real teamwork/skill can be seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like to know how balanced 5 Clerics in the premade will perform against 5 CWs, or 5 GFs, or 5 GWFs, or 5 SWs....
  • osiris2106osiris2106 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You cant expect balance in a matches between 5 DC and 5CW etc its a false comparison. The game isnt designed around single class exclusivity. The idea is to form teams that make the most of how different classes compliment and synergise to be most effective. SO you statement is kind of pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You cant expect balance in a matches between 5 DC and 5CW etc its a false comparison. The game isnt designed around single class exclusivity. The idea is to form teams that make the most of how different classes compliment and synergise to be most effective. SO you statement is kind of pointless.

It might be a bad comparison in your oppions but its not a false comparison as its just a comparison.
    To say its false you need to establish a truth first and to my knowledge in this case there is non.

The game isent designed for pvp its designed for pve with some pvp in it that happend to become rather popular.
    When it come to pvp there is no design and premade teams try to make the best team set up there is.
    From time to time it has changed from trs to gwfs to cws and hrs and some extreamly well geared good dcs.

The comparison can actually become very valid in module 5 if some changes stands for the dc class if not just for the fun of it as am pretty sure that alot of people would fint it if not hilarious so at least amusing to see 5 dc kick some cw butt in a domination..
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Yeah sure, your GWF power is bad so make the gf bull charge bad too -.- makes lots of sense.....

Why instead of asking for stupid nerfs not just ask for takedown buff ? I have wanted gwf to have takedown back the way it was for a while now.

And anyway all classes have advantages, rogues in mod 5 can perma daze, hr can kill anyone in seconds, and atm gwf can kill most classes in seconds using intimidation.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]