test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coordinated Groups

lesceptyloslesceptylos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I'm not specifically looking for a Guild, but rather a group of people who actually want to play the game with me. If you invite me to a guild I'd join as long as it meets my expectations.

7wu8cAO.png

Above I've provided all the relevant information about my character and as for what I'm interested in, I want people that are willing to actually play the game with me. I'm not interested in being a number in a guild, there are countless Guilds that I've visited before where nobody even tried to help me with questing or skirmishes and just an altogether Anti-Social feeling. What I want is to attack bosses together in a party, complete quests together, assault teams in PvP - I'd even be okay with chilling in Protector's Enclave for a little bit as long as it's all in good fun. I'm really hoping there are still human beings out there that want to enjoy Neverwinter like I do, regardless contact me through the forums and I'll get back to you. Taking a little break from the game until I find people to help me through the increasingly difficult end-level quests.
Post edited by lesceptylos on

Comments

• chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey man, seems like you are a relatively new player.

I don't think it's necessarily a thing that guilds are anti-social, it's just most people (even guild mates) don't assist with leveling. The game really starts at 60. That's when you can start doing things together and the good entry guilds are quite helpful for you.

As for you control wizard, feel free to read my guides and ask me questions. Best of luck to you,
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Within established guilds, chances are high that everyone is already level 60 and doing level 60 stuff, so you might be able to request help for someone to come carry you through a quest if you're stuck, but that's what it would be.

Level 60s can't queue for PvP or skirmishes with you (except the all-level event ones some weekends) and you can't get into their dungeons, though they can again carry you through the ones appropriate for your level. Which is ok if you just want to check the box and be done with it, but it's not really a fun way to learn the game.

Finding a levelling buddy is more a matter of making a friend whose character is around your level and making arrangements to play together. Levelling is fast, so someone that plays more often will skyrocket past someone who has less time. You can usually find people in zone chat looking for help with some of those lairs like the Rimewolf. You never know.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is one large problem with trying to get people to level with you, together, is It's just not all that much fun.

The problem is, for the most part, all of the quest content and lairs, are designed to be played solo. They don't scale to a group. So while they provide a fun and interesting challenge for a single person, they get really face stomping dull as a group. Even more so, if people in the group have played them before or several times before.

There are a few exceptions, and a few lairs have a reputation as being overly difficult. In those cases, most folks are understanding and more then willing to help. But jumping in to beat a difficult boss or two, is a much easier commitment then being a full on leveling partner all the way to 60.

The other issue, is leveling can be really fast. The grind to 60 in Neverwinter, is fast by almost any MMO standard. It makes it really hard for people to stay in close level ranges to partner up as they level. Its really easy for people to quickly get far enough apart in level range that its difficult to run content together.

If you are really wanting a group or team experience. The best thing you can do is to focus on Dungeons and Skirmishes. You wont level as fast as questing but you can ensure that each and every run will be done with a group at your side, even if you have to resort to the queue or the LFG channel to do it.
  • lesceptyloslesceptylos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thing is, I'm trying to get through with the quests but at my level enemies do about 500 DPS and unless I run through my potions there is no way I can put up with them especially since many of them aggro on you at once and other players just run past you while you're struggling with 10 different guys, I have never seen this much careless-ness in an MMO before. I tried switching from a Cleric who heals me 1/4 of the HP I need to a Warrior but he dies as soon as he goes into battle which makes him useless and both my companions are Max Rank.
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Dude... you're level 46, and a CW.

Slot Storm Spell and Orb Of Imposition.

Put Entangling Force on Tab, Steal Time, Sudden Storm, and Icy Terrain as encounters....

How are you struggling as a CW? With the rotation above you can see goodbye to potions, and even with 15+ people on you, you'll kill them all easily.

Plus you won't need anyone to help you quest, you'll get past them like a big boy.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh come on. Be a little bit more empathetic won't you?

In the mid-40's level is when questing starts to become more of a challenge for CWs, until the final tiers of encounters are unlocked.

Don't put Entangle on Spell Mastery. Put Chill Strike on Spell Mastery, and if you are Spellstorm, use Sudden Storm.

When I was leveling up my first CW, it seemed to me that Pirate's Skyhold was a sudden increase in the difficulty of leveling. It doesn't really get a lot easier from then on, but you do get access to more and powerful encounters. Sudden Storm and Steal Time are plain awesome. Immediately start using them when you gain access to them.

Also choose your feats carefully. Thaumaturge is probably your best bet when it comes to ease of leveling.

But don't freak out. Actually, leveling stuff solo can be helpful when it comes to the challenges that your CW will face at level 60, particularly the mass mob situations of the T1 and T2 dungeons. So it is a good training ground. But I can understand that it can be lonely too.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yea, mid 40s is Icespire. It can be brutal level for CWs due to all the control resistant mobs. And the Rimehound is one of those abnormally difficult bosses I mentioned earlier.

You most likely wont be able to find a dedicated leveling partner. But if you ask around in zone for help, you will most likely find a grateful Cleric willing to come along. They also struggle a bit in that level range and generally are always looking for a little assist.

The good news is, it gets easier. Once you get past Icespire, you move on to the Chasm. It has a few special tough mobs, but for the most part is mostly waves of AoE trash. CWs get their power trip back in that area :D
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah. for the golems learn their timing and attack pattern, then kite them. If you are MoF be sure to apply smolder and kite around.

The leveling versions don't have much health, so you should be fine.

If you struggle spend a few thousand AD for some blue gear at your level.
  • lesceptyloslesceptylos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guess I'll need to do this the hard way then, thanks for the feedback guys.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guess I'll need to do this the hard way then, thanks for the feedback guys.

Rising Star is a guild I've been in, they have a lot of young levels along with experienced playersand really help out in every way they can. Very patient, kind people who don't mind the obvious questions and will come help you wherever you're at if you need help. CW forums will help you learn your class too
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────