test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could you recommend me what to do? Purified/Corrupted

midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Library
I really don't know what to do.

I like both PvE and PvP and I don't know what set I should make, Purified or Corrupted and why?

Which set is the best for both PvE and PvP?

Oh, I also need advice on Main Hand and and Off Hand weapons: Purified or Corrupted and why?

Thanks.
Post edited by midnightita on

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Purified Black Ice for PVP.

High Vizier (Storm Spell) or Shadow Weaver (Master of Flame) for PVE.

Mainhands: Either the Fallen Dragon/ Fomorian Fabled, or the Artifact Main Hand.
  • daflashaedaflashae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    May I ask why Purified and not Corrupted for pvp?
    34s4d44.png
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    Corrupt is DPS oriented stats. Purified is Defensive oriented stats. The added DPS from Corrupt isn't going to overcome Defense of Purified in a PvP combat time frame.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daflashae wrote: »
    May I ask why Purified and not Corrupted for pvp?

Because it has HP and it has tones of Life Steal, which is quite good with Endless Consumption and Incoming Healing bonuses.

Purified is a great set to play in PvE too if you like soloing dungeons :) At 2000 LS and good overall gear, you can solo almost every dungeon in the game.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Because it has HP and it has tones of Life Steal, which is quite good with Endless Consumption and Incoming Healing bonuses.

Purified is a great set to play in PvE too if you like soloing dungeons :) At 2000 LS and good overall gear, you can solo almost every dungeon in the game.

As wonderful as HV is for team DPS and SW is for applying smolder well, certain fights are probably best in purifed, but only when it's very, very difficult (soloing).

Every PvP CW i know is using purified btw.
  • nipidnipid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Acually I'm using Corrupted in PvP. It depends on your playstyle, I play with 40-45k HP (without & with potions) 2.8-3.2k defenese 1.2-1.5k deflect and 7k power (without corrupted buff). Some players are running purified with CON belt so maybe 50-55k HP but is it better than 40-45k and tons of offensive? Nope. Yea you can run with 55k hp & g.tene so maybe it will be better & more tankier. As I said it depends on you :)
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looking at the stats, I prefer the corrupted one..
  • dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited October 2014
    Looking at the stats, I prefer the corrupted one..

Which is exactly why I went with the corrupted. Only now I'm getting all of my purified because quite frankly I get stomped in pvp using the corrupted set. My CW is not super high end. Most of my enchants are at rank 8. I have a greater Vorpal (wondering if I should go for plaguefire instead though) and the set rocks for pve, it does decent in pvp if I'm up against players with the same or crappier armor but when I come up against another cw wearing Purified I'm toast. Or for instance I unload on a gwf and I always get them down to 1/4 hp then I'm dead. After my initial burst I can't seem to finish them off and my survivability is super low. Of course I don't have a lot of hp. I think I'm around 25k which is sad. I don't get how other CW's are rocking 55k HP using the corrupted set. I mean I have rank 8 enchants for hp in all my Defense slots and it's not getting me even close to 30k hp. Of course I'm wearing the corrupted BI belt, cloak, rings, etc Maybe I should change those pieces for some HP gear or something?

I don't know, I just know that after running Corrupted all this time I'm switching over to Purified because I feel very lackluster in pvp. Just got my bracers yesterday (I totally cheated and bought that black ice shaping kit) so I could get it without having to get super lucky again, hehe)

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I love my corrupted set for pve but not so much for pvp.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't get how other CW's are rocking 55k HP using the corrupted s

I don't know of any PvP CW with 55K HP, although it might be possible with companions, but since open world PvP is not important, who cares.

You can however have 40K+ HP.

This is what you need to do:

- high Con roll
    - HP reinforcements 4x400HP
    - GWF, Vanguard Banner artifacts
    - Constitution belt for more HP, Int belt for more damage
    - +HP boons
    - purified black ice off hand
    - radiants in defense slots
    - might want to use Shielding rings, I prefer the Tenacity set however

With Rank 8 enchantments and legendary artifacts you should be around 40K HP.

By the way, Purified set has lots and lots of Life Steal. If you land your rotation, you will get some nice HP back from it with Endless Consumption.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    With the exception of severe CC chains, purified makes you feel almost immortal in PvE. It's a nice feeling.

That said team DPS is much better with SW or HV. Most content, unless you are soloing content, is completely doable with an intelligent build and a PvE set.

And yeah, in purified my lifesteal is almost 3k XD imagine smolder ticks it's like... tick tick, full health!
  • daflashaedaflashae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is really a matter of preference, although I personally prefer the purified ice gear due to sustain and defensive nature. Corrupted can be extremely deadly if built correctly around it. Depending if you play PvP frequently or PvE I would probably recommend you to Corrupted. Because in order for Purified to work to the fullest potential, you need high gears. Rank9-10s enchants etc..
    34s4d44.png
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I usually use corrupted for the armour pen. Probably not going to be able to win a who is tankiest fight against anyone who has really built for it anyway so might as well try to get my pitter patter damage to actually hurt them.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have never PvPed on my CW and am still short High Viz gloves.

I made myself a full Corrupted set and have been really happy with the performance of it. I use one Black Dragon Glyph (economical) and one greater Purified Restoration (I buy lessers and upgrade them on a different character). But I do get tired of the upkeep cost of the armor set.

I decided that for really easy solo stuff I'd wear two pieces of my incomplete HV set paired with the super cheap Draconic gloves and boots because whatever, right? I'm looking to conserve resources squandered on trivialities, at least til I finish that HV set.

Yesterday I responded to a call for help on Merothrax and ended up tanking it as the highest DPS person there. I was still in my 2/2 gear and while it was doable, I really missed my BI set at that time and regretted not having thought to change before I ran up there and entered combat.

Corrupted BI doesn't do anything for a party, but it offers some really nice damage options for self and I find the survivability very good too, at least in PvE situations.

That said, if I wanted to PvP or solo CN, I'd probably want to go Purified too.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is the only game I played that all classes needs to have HIGH HP for PVP instead of DPS.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It suits some classes a lot more than others.
  • laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daflashae wrote: »
    It is really a matter of preference, although I personally prefer the purified ice gear due to sustain and defensive nature. Corrupted can be extremely deadly if built correctly around it. Depending if you play PvP frequently or PvE I would probably recommend you to Corrupted. Because in order for Purified to work to the fullest potential, you need high gears. Rank9-10s enchants etc..

Is it ok if using 2+2(purified armor and boot for the hp)?