test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 5 Suggestions (It's not too late to save face with your player base.)

leebo94leebo94 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Reduce draconic book costs from vendor by 1/2. Two+ months of grinding quests every day for the last boons is absurd. I have four characters and i want to complete campaigns on them all, mod 4 has been way too alt unfriendly.
Start the new artifacts drops out at *epic status. If you can do it for lock box items you can do it with the in game drops. Artifact equipment drops should be upgrades straight out of the gate for top geared players, why should i have to dump tons of RP to get them to the same status as my current gear? Speaking of which the refinement system is too painful, reduce costs and make it more user friendly. In it's current state all your doing is forcing players to buy AH refinement items that were obtained via botting.
Speaking as a paying customer if you can't provide any new content that is fun why would i whip out my credit card and buy more zen? More dungeons like VT, MC please. Elol was a snoozefest and the drop rates are so low they leave you feeling like you were wasting your time and or being cheated. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Tiamats chest drops a blue rank 5 enchantment and a greater scroll of identification.
Post edited by leebo94 on

Comments

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have more of an issue with it being boon 5.25 and 5.5 instead of 6 and 7.
    leebo94 wrote: »
    Elol was a snoozefest and the drop rates are so low they leave you feeling like you were wasting your time and or being cheated.

Then why do you want another mc/vt? They also had low drop rates and bound stuff that made it not worth doing. Another CN plz.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Reduce draconic book costs from vendor by 1/2. Two+ months of grinding quests every day for the last boons is absurd.

They are increasing the Boon book drop rates as well as the Artifact belt drop rates from Epic Shores and Epic Lair of Lostmauth so if they are increasing the rates by a meaningful amount the prices of the books and module four artifact belts should drop significantly within the first week or two of module five..
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • leebo94leebo94 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's a big IF.
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Another CN plz.

+1 //10char
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    They are increasing the Boon book drop rates as well as the Artifact belt drop rates from Epic Shores and Epic Lair of Lostmauth so if they are increasing the rates by a meaningful amount the prices of the books and module four artifact belts should drop significantly within the first week or two of module five..

So they say. Unfortunately they haven't said how MUCH drop rates are increasing. 100 x .002% is still low odds. I long for meaningful numbers.
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Reduce draconic book costs from vendor by 1/2. Two+ months of grinding quests every day for the last boons is absurd. I have four characters and i want to complete campaigns on them all, mod 4 has been way too alt unfriendly.
    Start the new artifacts drops out at *epic status. If you can do it for lock box items you can do it with the in game drops. Artifact equipment drops should be upgrades straight out of the gate for top geared players, why should i have to dump tons of RP to get them to the same status as my current gear? Speaking of which the refinement system is too painful, reduce costs and make it more user friendly. In it's current state all your doing is forcing players to buy AH refinement items that were obtained via botting.
    Speaking as a paying customer if you can't provide any new content that is fun why would i whip out my credit card and buy more zen? More dungeons like VT, MC please. Elol was a snoozefest and the drop rates are so low they leave you feeling like you were wasting your time and or being cheated. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Tiamats chest drops a blue rank 5 enchantment and a greater scroll of identification.

I can agree with book drops and such. I do not entirely agree about artifacts but they could at least be blue and you are right about the buying rp from botters part. Legendary items shouldnt be easy to get but neither should they take a year of grinding - and this is coming from someone w 5 legendary items. A slight easing of RP requirements may be in order. Also please be less of a drama queen in your post next time with the saving face bit :p
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So they say. Unfortunately they haven't said how MUCH drop rates are increasing. 100 x .002% is still low odds. I long for meaningful numbers.

You aren't going to get them. A huge amount character abilities are vague and unexplained, having been so since alpha.

Cryptic really wants to live up to that name and make so much stuff in their games flat out cryptic.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Like I said before, module 5 will fall into the same pitfalls. A bunch of dailies, more powercreep, Tiamat will just be another heroic encounter.

The feedback won't be taken into account until modules 6/7. Let's hope they listen.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It will be easier and faster to buy books, because there are additional sigils and scrolls obtained from WoD quests, just sayin.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Boon books will be a non-issue in M5. Final prizes on the AH will settle around 100k.

But I agree we need harder content with guaranteed loot. Like CN and like MC/VT (DD chests). The problem is more than just challenge though. The loot you get from eLOL/eSoT is mostly not even BIS, so I wouldn't want to grind through for that.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ^I'm counting on that. :P
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia