test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

November 18 for Rise of Tiamat!

damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Yay.

I killed tiamat on test server and its a lot of fun. At least I think we killed her - it was telling me to loot the chest, not that I could. And I cannot wait for artifact offhands, though I think I will just drop a few stacks of those opals on it and get it legendary that way :p
May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
Post edited by damnataanimus on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought that maintenance's and module releases were always on Thursday , the 18th is a Tuesday , I wonder why they are releasing it on a Tuesday this time? or is that so that it fits in with WotC timetable?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I thought that maintenance's and module releases were always on Thursday , the 18th is a Tuesday , I wonder why they are releasing it on a Tuesday this time? or is that so that it fits in with WotC timetable?

My guesses:

1. That's when WotC is releasing their update, so Cryptic is bound by contract to follow suit.
    2. They want to allow themselves to make a follow-up maintenance that Thursday, if needed.
    3. They want to use the following Thursday to add new fluff items, (lockbox, Zen store items, etc).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    1. That's when WotC is releasing their update, so Cryptic is bound by contract to follow suit.

WotC is releasing Nov 4th. So, exactly two weeks later.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice, it would be nice if I could, but I've:
    1) messed up my sleep pattern for now so that most people are asleep
    2) am unable to organise enough people ):

You need the special key for the chest btw, though I assumed you'd get a HE claim reward button too. Of course they did say that the reward rate wasn't finished.
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    whaaaat you killed tiamat? gratz on that! would like to know how many you were and how you finished last phase
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yay, finally some more dailys!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Mod releases (and other massive updates) are usually done on Tuesdays - this way they still have Wednesday to fix any emergency bugs, and the usual Thursday (and Friday) for any others that crop up and need fixing. That way the Devs can still (usually) have their weekend.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mod releases (and other massive updates) are usually done on Tuesdays

NW.1 Thursday, April 25, 2013
    NW.3 Thursday, June 13, 2013 (Class Balance)
    NW.5 Thursday, August 22, 2013 (Module 1)
    NW.10 Thursday, December 05, 2013 (Module 2)
    NW.14 Thursday, March 06, 2014 (PvP Update)
    NW.15 Tuesday, May 13, 2014 (Module 3)
    NW.25 Thursday, August 14, 2014 (Module 4)
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    just 3 words....

WAY TOO SOON

But the trend is clear, 1 mod every 3 months... 1 every 5 would be more appropriate
    edited October 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    just 3 words....

WAY TOO SOON

But the trend is clear, 1 mod every 3 months... 1 every 5 would be more appropriate

Kind of disagree. I'm out of stuff to do. Though I expect mod 5 will also quickly give me nothing to do too.
    edited October 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    Seriously, how much did you play? ...

I'd rather not answer that question :P. Lets just say, too much. I would've agreed had they made LoL rewarding instead of feeling like a giant waste of time though. That's been the trend since mod 1 though :c. I've been levelling up toons 19-28 to level 20 leadership to get my progress I desire. It's not quite as compelling or fulfilling...
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2014
    Three weeks? Thats pretty close by.
    I just hope they are almost done with the main content
    and properly calculated in enouph time
    to go through all feedback they got.
    If not I would have no issues at all to wait another month
    for a polished version.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    whaaaat you killed tiamat? gratz on that! would like to know how many you were and how you finished last phase

we had around 10 players with 18k+ several players were 20k+ - I was on my temp warlock as for last phase you just protect some people and kill heads and stuff idk I was just killing the packs of mobs near the people and healing people while others did other stuff but yes it was several minutes of intense fighting dodging huge insta kill attacks from heads and stuff but it said wed completed it and told us to loot the chest (even had the icon on map) which is why I said I think we did xD
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    edited October 2014
    we had around 10 players with 18k+ several players were 20k+ - I was on my temp warlock as for last phase you just protect some people and kill heads and stuff idk I was just killing the packs of mobs near the people and healing people while others did other stuff but yes it was several minutes of intense fighting dodging huge insta kill attacks from heads and stuff but it said wed completed it and told us to loot the chest (even had the icon on map) which is why I said I think we did xD

wow only 10 ppl? for "the last part" i mean the last time you approach the head before completing it, how much health had each head and how did you killed them?
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mod releases (and other massive updates) are usually done on Tuesdays -

Nah, it's Thursdays, actually.

But if this will also include the TR and DC updates, I think it is far too soon. I'd prefer them to spend another month getting the overhauls correctly balanced before releasing even MORE RNG grinds.

Twelve characters at level 60 - four DC and two TR

And I STILL have no Black Ice Gear, never mind even touching ToD yet.

They should release it December 18th, 2014.

Then I'll have something to do on Boxing Day when the Christmas Tedium really starts kicking in.

:D
    edited October 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    wow only 10 ppl? for "the last part" i mean the last time you approach the head before completing it, how much health had each head and how did you killed them?

As I said I did not attack heads myself. I was defending the npcs in that phase of the fight - that said they seemed to go down pretty fast. And yes 10 players or so, but we had probably 6+ with 20k gearscore plus so that likely helped things.
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    So the "nemesis of the gods" died from 10 guys -.-', good job cryptic.
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So the "nemesis of the gods" died from 10 guys -.-', good job cryptic.

I remember reading an official WotC-Adventure, where a small party beats her. But usually they had help of some sort.
    But maybe my memory tricks me here.

But whatever, it is just a boss. Cryptic proved more than once that they cannot implement the lore properly.
    edited October 2014
    10 guys (and at least one woman :p) who can probably solo most t2 dungeons xD

As I said though its not just you. You are protecting npc's who weaken her for you. It is actually really well done, do not knock it till you've tried it.
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    edited October 2014
    10 guys (and at least one woman :p) who can probably solo most t2 dungeons xD

As I said though its not just you. You are protecting npc's who weaken her for you. It is actually really well done, do not knock it till you've tried it.

oh well this must be a phase I couldn't get to
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    until i see an official post about this date, I will just chop this up as speculation and potential lies.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    until i see an official post about this date, I will just chop this up as speculation and potential lies.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9002383-rise-of-tiamat%3A-coming-november-18th!
    official enough?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Kind of disagree. I'm out of stuff to do. Though I expect mod 5 will also quickly give me nothing to do too.

No-one else to blame but you for rushing through the admittedly limited content and before you reply let me give you your own response to the question 'how much do you play?'...
    frishter wrote: »
    I'd rather not answer that question :P. Lets just say, too much.

Mod 5 is gonna be here before I get my artifact bow to legendary to even acquired an artifact belt. Hell, I don't even have one of my three artifacts at legendary yet. I agree that Mod 5 is being released far too soon.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited October 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    No-one else to blame but you for rushing through the admittedly limited content and before you reply let me give you your own response to the question 'how much do you play?'...

there's really not much to rush, 19 days of campaing. if then you get lucky while doing elol or esot you drop a belt you need and you have completely finished mod4. LUCK is key word for this mod
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014

As referenced above, it's in the news blog.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited October 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »

It's not my fault at all, I've done hundreds of CN runs because it was worth my time, it still gave me progression. The fact that I can''t do that with the dungeons released since mod 1 is a problem and a huge cause of me being bored with nothing to do. Am I really expected to do hundreds of LoL runs with probably no boon and still no belt and bound gear that I already have? Yes that's totally my fault. You really think that me making most of my AD passively instead of directly playing is a good thing? Why does it make sense to progress the most by not playing the game?

Also considering mod 5 is an extension of mod 4, you can't really say it's coming too soon. Not as much work was needed to make 1 zone, 3 solo instances and one closed off fancy HE. You're not going to fall any further behind, all you have is the potential to speed it up. I'd say that for the other modules they should have taken longer to fix issues and make it worth it, but it's too late now, they've done it for too long.

Plus there's no challenge anymore, but I suppose that's not their fault despite them releasing 4 artifact equipment in mod 4 and 5 to go on top of the artifact gs inflation.