Options

The Fury Warlock- melty faces and you.

2»

Comments

• Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I haven't had much time to run parses of late, any update on this? I'm intrigued.

I haven't had much time either, i'm currently working on getting my MC set for testing, but here's some things i've noticed by pugging MC:

1. The average pug nowadays is just terrible. DCs using healbot loadout, CWs & SWs using 2/2 sets or some useless set, GWFs dealing close to no damage, GFs trying to get combat advantage while tanking the dragon, thus rotating the dragon constantly. 99% of the time i'm pugging, i'm the one doing the most damage & most healing, all that while taking the most daamge. I'm starting to understand why there are so many ppl defending the current TT.

2. TT wasn't fixed, but there were other fixes to SWs, which resulted in TT being less % of the damage. Creeping death now seems to proc more often, going from being 5% of your dmg to ~15%, the bug which allowed SWs to stack 6 GPFs with one hit got fixed, resulting in less debuffs, and prob other unannounced fixes which i haven't figured out yet.

3. The really big TT hits always have ~300% effectiveness, meaning you need at least an exped debuffer/buffer DC and a HV CW who can keep up 3 stack of HV debuff on the mobs.

So to sum it up, TT, in the hands of your average SW, is not that bad, but in the hands of an exped SW in a coordinated team, saying that it's a weapon of mass destruction is an understatement.

Here's a log of an MC run i've done with pugs: http://i.imgur.com/2sv1U7t.png
    Here's an overview of an E.LoL run. I'm not with my SW here, so don't ask for a detailed log, but fyi max TT hit was 250k. This isn't our best run, just a run where i had ACT running. I'm only uploading this to show that with an exped TT user in the group E.LoL is a joke, the Twin Fire Scorpions die in ~1min, the first boss dies in ~30secs. Log: http://i.imgur.com/Fvzg0EV.png
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Here's a log of an MC run i've done with pugs: http://i.imgur.com/2sv1U7t.png
    Here's an overview of an E.LoL run. I'm not with my SW here, so don't ask for a detailed log, but fyi max TT hit was 250k. This isn't our best run, just a run where i had ACT running. I'm only uploading this to show that with an exped TT user in the group E.LoL is a joke, the Twin Fire Scorpions die in ~1min, the first boss dies in ~30secs. Log: http://i.imgur.com/Fvzg0EV.png

Yeah, this was my experience on my first eLoL, even, with a group of guildies rather than a pug. The CW was an alt of one of our more experienced DCs, who has lavished care and attention on his CW. I tried to make sure I had a daily ready for each bossfight, and the bosses melted in no time at all. The twin scorpions were particularly hilarious.

I like the design and mechanics of both Shores and LoL, but LoL itself should be longer and more difficult. It seems to take about as long as Shores, and is one-shottable a group with multiple first timers.

I do share your frustration- for me, it's mostly with Shores. I don't even mind if the group isn't all ranged or all melee distance- it's the people who don't stay in melee, but fail to max range- causing the boss to spam red circles around him (the damage for while is larger than the graphic), frying the people who are hugging. Although the warlock casting animations are painfully long, making hugging more fraught than it might be for other classes, it's still not hard to do with a little practise. If people don't like that, they should go absolutely max range, so circles planted are clear of melee. ARGH. It's an easy boss fight if people pay attention- even without a tank of any kind.

Anyway, I should probably update the OP a little, having tried out some of the newer drops, too. I do like what little new content there is in mod 4 so far, but it's too short and easy, and there needs to be more of it!
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also, don’t be fooled by weapon enchants that do necrotic damage- that necrotic damage source no longer procs your Creeping Death itself, the way it did in preview. Thus Terror and things will be no better than they will for other classes. Go with Vorpal, as lots of the good things about a Fury Warlock depend on critting, proccing on crit, boosting severity, or proccing Combat Advantage.
    What. The. ****.

"lol, let's just make these enchants not work with this feat even though the tooltip says "necrotic damage" instead of changing the damage type on the enchants"

This is Cryptic design logic.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What. The. ****.

"lol, let's just make these enchants not work with this feat even though the tooltip says "necrotic damage" instead of changing the damage type on the enchants"

This is Cryptic design logic.

100 stacks of 10 damage wouldn't be that helpful anyway, esp if your encounters/at-wills that deal much more damage, couldn't trigger Creeping Death, because you've reached the upper limit of 100 stacks.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That's not the point though. They could change the tooltip to say "necrotic damage from your POWERS" and it would be fine, but NOPE.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    That's not the point though. They could change the tooltip to say "necrotic damage from your POWERS" and it would be fine, but NOPE.

To make matters worse, there used to be a bug on preview that seemed to make pretty much any damage source trigger the capstone, necrotic or not. Thus a lot of very confusing information was spread around, both in-game and here. Gah!
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am still not sure which companions to take.
    I guess the blink dog's bonus stacks with the brain devourer's bonus?
    Eachone could give +5% CA as purple.
    Then I have the erinyes, and the stone.

Some ideas for a other companions on a Fury SW?
    The blade maybe?
    3%/5% crit severity ... pales next to the Erinye
    A sprite?
    2% AP gain ... does not sound like being worth 1.25m AD
    Maybe a Wild Hunt Rider?
    10% increased damage with acceptable up time might even be just as good as the 2 +5% CA damagers
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    not sure how well it procs with sw, but i can tell u that for hr and cw wild hunt its the dopest companion
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    not sure how well it procs with sw, but i can tell u that for hr and cw wild hunt its the dopest companion

Works the same for my SW. I see "Wild Hunt" a lot
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    Works the same for my SW. I see "Wild Hunt" a lot
    I upgraded him to purple yesterday, but the proc is not as often as I would have expected, but maybe I am used to the proc rate of my CW.
    Which encounters are you using, if I may ask?

Any other suggestions for the 2 remaining companion slots?
    I consider
    [Blink Dog] +2/3/5% Combat Advantage Damage
    [Intellect Devourer] +2/3/5% Combat Advantage
    [Flame Sprite] +1/1.5/2% Action Point Gain (well, not really, 2% AP gain is probably not worth 1.25kk AD )
    [Dancing Blade] +3/5% Critical Severity (I am at 105% crit severity already)

Other suggestions that might be of use in solo content and in DD runs?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I consider
    [Flame Sprite] +1/1.5/2% Action Point Gain (well, not really, 2% AP gain is probably not worth 1.25kk AD )

If a freak cheap Fire Archon turns up on the AH, they're not bad for PvE boss killing fun. That said, if you're fury, proccing CA from crits all the time, that Dancing Blade is probably a good plan, if you already have a purple Warlock pack pet. However, it's expensive for 5% severity- 750k for the pet, plus the same again for the upgrade fee (from memory). I was able to pick up a book for the fifth Timers On Dragons boon (also 5% severity) for 880k, so haven't yet bought the dancing blade. If you don't have this boon, it's tolerable to farm the first one and pick up the book for the second- keep an eye out for AH bargains.

I'm sure I will grab the dancing blade and upgrade it at some point, but I have been overhauling my CW and DC too, and they have needed a few enchants and things..

Also, hrm, I should update the OP, as there's more to say.. bother :)
  • Options
    qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What about the Laughing Skull?
    On start of combat +500 Recovery and +500 Power for 25 seconds.
    Only very few encounters last that long. Only bosses take longer. But that might just as well be me feeling "fast" :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    qq88pp wrote: »
    What about the Laughing Skull?
    On start of combat +500 Recovery and +500 Power for 25 seconds.
    Only very few encounters last that long. Only bosses take longer. But that might just as well be me feeling "fast" :-)

There's a very filthy comment that is begging to be made, but we're both too classy to make it, right? :D

Ok, updated the OP with some stuff to reflect TT changes, and accessories. Woo!
  • Options
    qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's a very filthy comment that is begging to be made, but we're both too classy to make it, right? :D
    like Sacharissa in "The Truth" by Terry Patchett?
    'You don't think a dress like this would be a bit . . . forward, do you?' said Sacharissa, holding the dress against herself.
    Rocky looked worried. He hadn't been hired for his dress sense, and certainly not for his grasp of colloquial Middle Class.
    'You're quite a lot forward already,' he opined.
    'I meant make me look like a fast woman!'
    'Ah, right,' said Rocky, getting there. 'No. Def'nitly not.'
    'Really?'
    'Sure. No one could run much in a dress like dat.'
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ..not exactly, but that will do :)
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I upgraded him to purple yesterday, but the proc is not as often as I would have expected, but maybe I am used to the proc rate of my CW.
    Which encounters are you using, if I may ask?

I use Bargain, Killing Flame and Dreadtheft almost exclusively unless I'm in a pug. If I'm not using those, then it's Fiery Bolt, Harrowstorm, Dreadtheft. NOTE: If you're running with a CW - ask them to pop AS then drop Harrowstorm followed by Dreadtheft - dead mobs result.

Prince of Hell or No pity and Flames of Empowerment.

As for the Wild Hunt procs, not sure what I'm doing differently than you. It could be a perception issue on my part.

My companions:

Skeletal Dog
    Blink Dog
    Wild Hunt Rider
    Stone of Allure
    UPDATE: Barbarian Shaman

For solo runs, I'd use WB/Harrow/Dread or Fiery/Harrow/Dread and get good at backing up or running around in a circle when using dread; just don't backup into another group of bad guys.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What is the proc % of the Wild Hunt at blue/epic?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    leandreav1 wrote: »
    What is the proc % of the Wild Hunt at blue/epic?

"2/3/5% chance to increase damage by 10% for 5 seconds" according to the tooltip.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Wild_Hunt_Rider

No idea about any ICD, though. On a CW, it looked like there wasn't one, procs could overlap.
  • Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Situational, but the Shaz set has itz uses and from image u can see ICD not 100% atm ->>

5bR25gP.png
  • Options
    fkkmfkkm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Any other suggestions for the 2 remaining companion slots?
    I consider
    Intellect Devourer is broken. It doesn't give any active bonus at the moment. Probably worth using if they ever fix it though.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    fkkm wrote: »
    Intellect Devourer is broken. It doesn't give any active bonus at the moment. Probably worth using if they ever fix it though.
    Good to know, thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    glarty wrote: »
    Situational, but the Shaz set has itz uses and from image u can see ICD not 100% atm ->>

5bR25gP.png

Mmm, I can't help thinking that they meant to cap that, and that if you keep pointing it out, they will :P