test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RP needs a fast fix

tobixnewtobixnew Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
if you check the prices in the AH you can see 1 stack peridots costs about 12-14k (only reason for this is the dragon hoard ench). Because there are too many bots which are working 24/7. I think this really needs a fix. In a week it would be at 8-9k maybe ...I think let bots working and then buy from them isn't the game what cryptic liked to have now.
Disabling dragon hoard enchs in foundry would be a nice beginning, because the most farmers have their own map.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by tobixnew on

Comments

• Options
    netrivonetrivo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are you kidding? Disabling it in foundry won't do much for bots. Instead, it would cut off good source for normal players...
    Check out 'Arcane Reservoir' dung, about 40 Eliza [...] bots at once, and that's only name I've spotted.
  • Options
    tobixnewtobixnew Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sure it would where do you think are all the bots farming ? In normal maps you can't use bots because the spawning time is too high.All have their own farming maps. As a normal player you could still farm in normal maps.
    maybe the most ppl just find it good if they can buy a peridot stack 15k each but it is bad for the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    nope nope nope nope

pls stop making changes that will only punish the legitimate players

bots won't even feel the slightest change, they'll just farm other instances instead. idk maybe sharandar? war maker's camp? arcane reservoir

If something needs to be changed its the refining process system itself, seriously the design is so dumb it attracted more bots than new players. real talk.
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited October 2014
    sure, let's make the foundry even less rewarding...
  • Options
    luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tobixnew wrote: »
    maybe the most ppl just find it good if they can buy a peridot stack 15k each but it is bad for the game

And how is it bad for the game? Neverwinter does not have a working economy anyways.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can't believe I'm reading this. Looks more like a butthurt of a guy, that spent all his money to upgrade his stuff, and when prices dropped, he complains that this is unfair. Refinement system is the biggest problem of this game, it rewards cash spenders and bots rather then normal players. There are lots of good suggestions like allowing overflow XP to be converted into RP, but while they're not being made, stop complaining about things that are not broken.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Correction: 1rp/6ad is bad for the game.
  • Options
    gingerbacongingerbacon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OP is butthurt cause other players can now get legendary items like him.
  • Options
    johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2014
    I'm profitting from cheap RP too. Buying tons of it.
    Especially the rp from the wondrous bazaar and zen store are too expensive.

I'm verry well aware lack of rewarding drops that can be pawned
    on the auction house is a big part of the problem, as is the lack
    of real ad sinks that can compete with the zen store, but the fact
    how harmfull it is bots control such a big part of the economy is
    a problem that connot be underestimated and should not be ignored,
    either.

The extremely low rp price deprives new players from yet another
    source of real ad income that is not based on 'printing money',
    so everyone will be/is doing just that, printing money.

A verry big part of the ad will go directly to the botters,
    which is probably only a handfull of people, who sit on
    a practicly endless ammount of ad. They can and will control
    the market, they want ad to be expensive, so people buy their stuff.

In the end newer players wont have any ad at all,
    the zax will go deep into backlog again,
    everything except rp will be unafordably expensive.
    Cheap RP is not worth this.

It happened before. So far it hasn't happened again. Yet.
    But at some point all those billions of ad are going to hit the economy.

I sickens me to say it but if they can't get the bots under control
    drops from dragon hoard/fey blessing/profession nodes will eventually
    get bound. They did it with coalescent wards, dont think they
    wont do it with refining stones.

Unless the community comes up with a real alternative.

Disabling drops in foundry I'm not really a fan.
    I rather have the bots in foundry then in public zones.

I would prefer they select a few people from the community,
    people who have been constructive before and have something too loose
    should they misbehave, and give them banpowers. Make sure a log from
    the last 15min of playtime is saved so false bans can be appealed
    and reverted.

But that too has its weaknesses.
    I for one encourage constructive thinking like the OP did.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    johnperq wrote: »
    I sickens me to say it but if they can't get the bots under control
    drops from dragon hoard/fey blessing/profession nodes will eventually
    get bound. They did it with coalescent wards, dont think they
    wont do it with refining stones.

That will be the death of this game especially with 4 artifact items next module which may increase further in future. At Cryptic's prices it costs over $2160 to refine 4 artifact equipment to legendary and I'm pretty sure that without a strong supply, people would just give up.
  • Options
    luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    That will be the death of this game especially with 4 artifact items next module which may increase further in future. At Cryptic's prices it costs over $2160 to refine 4 artifact equipment to legendary and I'm pretty sure that without a strong supply, people would just give up.

Well, Cryptic does not seem to get it, that it has nothing to do with long-term-motivation if things just takes a very long time. This time needs to be filled with motivating and fun stuff to do.

But to be honest, Cryptic is not the only developer, who does not get this. Even a lot of players think, it is "long-term-motivation" if it just takes long, no matter how boring the task is.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    But to be honest, Cryptic is not the only developer, who does not get this. Even a lot of players think, it is "long-term-motivation" if it just takes long, no matter how boring the task is.

Long-term objectives work just fine as "side projects", as long as there's plenty of other fun stuff to do in a game. People who farmed rep for the Winterspring kitty in vanilla WoW, for example, could do so as part of a schedule of raiding, dungeons and fun PvP, which they could pick and choose from.

However, if such long-term grinds are the only objective and progression available (e.g. if there's a paucity of content to learn and enjoy), then they can seem punitive. Time will tell if PvP will be fixed to be viable (after its mod 3 peak of popularity) or if the PvE content will be adequate or neglected/half-assed.

We'll see.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    katterfjaes makes a good point:
    Currently group content is only relevant until you have NOT gotten your artifact to level. After you have gotten your artifact, group content becomes irrelevant. The truth of neverwinter is that the more uber you get the less relevant group content becomes which is odd sort of MMO to design. You start Neverwinter, you hit 60, and group content is king, and then it gets steadily dismantled as you progress until you get to the modern content where group content only matters until you get your items for the RP grind, and then the group just gets in the way.
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm.... so you are complaining that the cost of RP is too cheap now for legendary items... uh ok. So, you would prefer that the cost was back up to 50,000 AD for a stack of 99 peridots?

Yes.... this makes sense. Wonder if we can raise taxes too while we are at it. Oh, and 4000 zen for a shadow wolf mount is a steal! It should be 7500 zen... :P
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    That will be the death of this game especially with 4 artifact items next
    module which may increase further in future. At Cryptic's prices it costs over $2160 to refine
    4 artifact equipment to legendary and I'm pretty sure that without a strong supply,
    people would just give up.

Why would that be bad?
    Do you HAVE to have legendary everything?
    Do you have perfect rank 10's then?
    In a RPG you are not supposed to get perfection.
    I know I dont, doesn't stop me from enjoying the game.

I'm no big fan of the refinement system either, but for different reasons.
    Its the grind and the lack of required skill to progress that bothers me most.

I dont mind if you can create decent gear without skill, but the best gear?
    No that should take atleast some skill. I kinda like the setup of the tier1/2.
    Acceptable chance for a bound one, small chance to get an unbound one
    and make some bucks of it.

Dumping peridots in a weapon I got by whacking teethless lizards
    is a shamefull way to get the best weapon in the game.
    It's legendary now (did it on cheap rp), but it feels nowhere as valuable as
    the fallen dragon stuff did.

kattefjaes wrote: »
    Long-term objectives work just fine as "side projects", as long as there's
    plenty of other fun stuff to do in a game. ...

There is much truth in this.
    Its the cause of much frustration of the current playerbase.
    But I'm still not convinced bots are the way to fix this.

group5e wrote: »
    I'm.... so you are complaining that the cost of RP is too cheap now for legendary items...
    uh ok. So, you would prefer that the cost was back up to 50,000 AD for a stack of 99 peridots?

Yes.... this makes sense. Wonder if we can raise taxes too while we are at it.
    Oh, and 4000 zen for a shadow wolf mount is a steal! It should be 7500 zen... :P

Back to 50.000? I remember they where 150k a stack. Nobody complained.
    Could be double for all I care, supply and demand you know.
    Make it tenfold and you'll be the only kid on the block with an epic,
    and the game wont be a bit worse for it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    johnperq wrote: »
    Why would that be bad?

I'm no big fan of the refinement system either, but for different reasons.
    Its the grind and the lack of required skill to progress that bothers me most.

I dont mind if you can create decent gear without skill, but the best gear?
    No that should take atleast some skill. I kinda like the setup of the tier1/2.
    Acceptable chance for a bound one, small chance to get an unbound one
    and make some bucks of it.

I have a perfect vorpal and some greater enchantments, I have 3 legendary artifacts, 1 epic weapon and belt artifact since it's cost effective but may upgrade the weapon, I have all rank 9s apart from 1 rank 10 and greater dragon hoarding enchants. So reasonably close to being maxed out for pve. It's something I've worked a long time for and was a lot down to opportunity. Without the opportunity lesser gear would've sufficed just fine without me having to waste my time. The fact that you can buy rp is practically the only goal a lot of players still have. If they get bound then just screw it, there's too many items that will need that rp and no content that comes close to requiring it. A lot of us have already done it, no need to do it any further considering it's not rewarding anymore. Having legendaries doesn't take skill anyway. Just a lot of farming or in a lot of cases, I'd assume paying. Plus if you were expected to farm all of the rp yourself. The only real way to expect to be able to do that is via botting. Even farming like a mad man you'd get your gear outclassed by new stuff anyway by new artifacts of the same type before you reach legendary.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Why would that be bad?

No you don't have to have "legendary" everything. I agree... and no, this isn't a true RPG. This is an MMO. The original NWN is an RPG... :P

Agreed. It's the system we have though and we need to work with it unfortunately. Why did you buy your weapon "on cheap" when its obviously against your principles?!
    Back to 50.000? I remember they where 150k a stack. Nobody complained.
    Could be double for all I care, supply and demand you know.
    Make it tenfold and you'll be the only kid on the block with an epic,
    and the game wont be a bit worse for it.

So you after you admitted you bought RP "on cheap" to refine to legendary, you are ok to go back up to those inflated prices? Well that's real big of you. Thanks for thinking of the rest of us.
    The shadow wolf is a vanity item. If you want to ride in a lamborgini, dont complain the price you pay.
    If you want decent get a clydesdale or the feywild pack, if you want cheap and boring get one for gold.

You are taking what I said out of context. Please re-read the post and realize I was being sarcastic. Just like the taxes comment. I don't ACTUALLY believe you want taxes raised :P. I couldn't care less what cosmetic items cost.
    You guys have a surprise waiting when you try to get boon 4 & 5 from ToD I can tell you that.

You mean you didn't also buy the books "on cheap" in the AH just like your legendary weapon?! :P
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Agreed. It's the system we have though and we need to work with it unfortunately.
    Why did you buy your weapon "on cheap" when its obviously against your principles?!

Because I'm not an idiot. I'll go with the flow, even if the direction of the flow isn't
    the direction I want it to go. If not you get left behind. And if the flow is going down
    the drain I'm not going to be silent about it. I dont see how that's relevant to discussion.

So you after you admitted you bought RP "on cheap" to refine to legendary,
    you are ok to go back up to those inflated prices?
    Well that's real big of you. Thanks for thinking of the rest of us.

Another personal attack on me. Why? I'm nowhere near done refining. I think few are.
    Some made more use of it then me, some less. I payed 500k for each of my 3 dragon gems.
    Now they are 50k. So what? I really dont care.
    I wouldn't mind if rp was cheap. But not if it comes from bots.

You are taking what I said out of context. Please re-read the post and realize I was being sarcastic.
    Just like the taxes comment. I don't ACTUALLY believe you want taxes raised
    :P.
    I couldn't care less what cosmetic items cost.

I did. I dont understand what you are trying to say.
    And yes I'm old enouph to pay taxes and probably pay more then you.
    What does that have to do with anything?

You mean you didn't also buy the books "on cheap" in the AH just like your legendary weapon?! :P

Only got my 4th boon. 5th one not worth it on my current build.
    But again what has this to do with my statement against bots?
    Bots farm books now?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have a perfect vorpal and some greater enchantments,
    I have 3 legendary artifacts, 1 epic weapon and belt artifact since it's cost effective but may upgrade the weapon,
    I have all rank 9s apart from 1 rank 10 and greater dragon hoarding enchants. So reasonably close to being maxed out for pve.
    It's something I've worked a long time for and was a lot down to opportunity.
    Without the opportunity lesser gear would've sufficed just fine without me having to waste my time.
    The fact that you can buy rp is practically the only goal a lot of players still have.
    If they get bound then just screw it, there's too many items that will need that rp and no content that comes close to requiring it.
    A lot of us have already done it, no need to do it any further considering it's not rewarding anymore.
    Having legendaries doesn't take skill anyway. Just a lot of farming or in a lot of cases, I'd assume paying.
    Plus if you were expected to farm all of the rp yourself. The only real way to expect to be able to do that is via botting.
    Even farming like a mad man you'd get your gear outclassed by new stuff anyway by new artifacts of the same type before you
    reach legendary.

Actually what you said does not conflict at all with what I wrote.
    Except there would always be rp available for sale.
    Stuff that drops without the dragon hoards,
    stuff from the bazaar ...

For the record I would prefer less stuff bound, not more.
    Its just what I fear will happen if no other options are found.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Only got my 4th boon. 5th one not worth it on my current build.
    But again what has this to do with my statement against bots?
    Bots farm books now?

I never quoted anything about your post that referred to bots. You quoted another (kattefjaes) and talked about bots. I never once used that statement in my posts, so I'm confused as to where you are coming from with respect to my post.

And for the other posts, when you admit something you've done (bought RP cheap to make something legendary) completely contradicts when you are championing (higher RP costs) while implying others who want the same thing are self-entitled, its called hypocrisy. I'm not trying to personally attack you, however your principles and admission of not following those principles, but expecting others to do so is a little suspect.

Also in future, do you really need to use to swear in a post like this (you used asterisks). Putting it in asterisks still doesn't absolve you of it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I never quoted anything about your post that referred to bots.

You confuse me. What post did you reply to?

And for the other posts, when you admit something you've done (bought RP cheap to make
    something legendary) completely contradicts when you are championing (higher RP costs)
    while implying others who want the same thing are self-entitled, its called hypocrisy.
    I'm not trying to personally attack you, however your principles and admission of not
    following those principles, but expecting others to do so is a little suspect.

I dont expect you to not buy from the ah now. Where did I wrote that?
    My statement was not concemning at all at noone but the bots.
    That beeing said where is the clothing manufactured you wear?
    And your pc/mobile? Are you in favor of exploiting employees?
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Yes, let's punish the players.

Auction House prices on refining materials being good for players is the only thing that makes artifact equipment even remotely palatable.

The solution isn't to punish players by doing stupid things like making foundries even more unrewarding, or nerfing profession nodes even more or stuff like that. The solution is the opposite: To increase the rewards for normal gameplay for players. Give more drops from dungeon boss loot, more drops from the special key-based chests like arcane coffers, more rewards for PvP. In particular, give out more refining points for those activities. Once players are able to accumulate a decent number of refining points on their own through such activities, *then* they can work on fixing bots.

From a player perspective, bots are a beneficial symbiote -- they make advancing in the game less onerous by providing reasonably priced refining materials. From the developers' perspective, they're a malignant parasite that diverts some of the funds that the developers would like to extract from their players.

The real, underlying problem is a game model that relies on excessive grinding for niggardly rewards and small continuous inconveniences, and making players pay exorbitant amounts to save time and skip inconvenient parts of the game. This is what creates the big opportunity for bots.

Ding ding, we have a winner! Until they decide to let players gain RP for normal play (play that bots can't take part in) then nerfing RP drop rates is intolerable. Like this guy said, the only thing making artifact equipment palatable is the fact you can get RP at reasonable prices on the AH from time-to-time.

But noo, let's just leave EVERYBODY with a bad taste in their mouth, that'll keep people playing... (not)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    tobixnew wrote: »
    sure it would where do you think are all the bots farming ? In normal maps you can't use bots because the spawning time is too high.All have their own farming maps. As a normal player you could still farm in normal maps.

Bots don't farm foundries, they would have to kill things then. They farm normal maps.
    Proof is in sharandar near Enclave. Thieves back and forth in and out, grabbing the easy skill nodes and then to the vendor (which i guess resets the nodes in enclave) and back in to the enclave.
    Your suggestion would do 0 to stop actual bots, but would KILL real players ability to farm foundries for RP.
    I do foundries for RP and after an 8 hour day of runs i will have maybe enough for a level on my arty weapon.
    I did a whole week of grinding foundry with DH enchants and got 4 levels. You saying that is too much? or that simply because bots exist we should not be able to do that anymore.
    You want to get rid of bots, but getting rid of the only real legitimate way to grind enough RP to upgrade arty weapon/belts would only make them more money.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think a lot of people (including myself) don't have a real clue on how bots actually work and the steps needed to stop them. To assume the foundry is the problem is ludicrous as they are everywhere in pve maps as well :P. I'll leave the "how to stop bots" arguments to those more qualified than me and to be honest, I think it may be a little off-track for this thread. Lets focus on how to fix RP and not create a "bot" thread.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    From an idea point of view there is something that would be easy to do to prevent farming.
    It's called "changing content".
    As in NWO every corner, every crevice, every dungeon is exactly the same as it was last run it is quite easy to counter little encounters for farming.
    Now, if the content would change a bit (like it does with LoL, but just more so) bots would have a much harder time in farming.
    Where is the next node?
    Where are the enemies? and how many? which ones?

As long as there is not the slightest variation in the game (except from LoL, and even there it is "only" 3 ways, predictable, so not a real variation) it is a dream for all kind of automated harvesting.
    But I think we see earlier an invasion from the planet Sausage on Earth than NWO implementing a change that would in many ways profit the game play.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I think a lot of people (including myself) don't have a real clue on how bots actually work and the steps needed to stop them. To assume the foundry is the problem is ludicrous as they are everywhere in pve maps as well :P. I'll leave the "how to stop bots" arguments to those more qualified than me and to be honest, I think it may be a little off-track for this thread. Lets focus on how to fix RP and not create a "bot" thread.

Yes, but you can be assured that the network guys and (hopefully) the developers DO understand bots and know as well as I do that you can't "stop" bots. What are you going to start filtering IP and port ranges? These types of measures simply aren't an option for an international MMO game, nor are they good options for ones that aren't. It doesn't take a genius to copy lists of proxy servers off the internet, filtering traffic is a hopeless endeavor.

Even if they did issue range bans, even if they knew where and who the botnets hoarding AD/zen were, there still wouldn't be any better method of dealing with them other than manually going into the database and deleting/banning the accounts. (no SQL queries for the faint of heart, there's no going back :D)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    did him forgot the double refine stones drop event on the weekend? Therefore, how do you know they use bot on foundry to farm unless you did it too:mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    did him forgot the double refine stones drop event on the weekend? Therefore, how do you know they use bot on foundry to farm unless you did it too:mad:

*Facepalm*