test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Race Reroll or select Dragonborn race in Preview

eiagraeiagra Member Posts: 70 Arc User
Hello,

I'm having an issue where, despite having a Race Reroll on Live as well as the Dragonborn pack, I am unable to reroll or select the Dragonborn race.

At some point in the past, I did have the ability to Race Reroll, but no longer. Instead, underneath New Character are two "Buy" options with nothing after them, then Delete Character.

When creating a New Character, the Dragonborn option only gives me the Zen "Learn More" option.

I have tried deleting all characters in the Preview roster, but to no avail.

Is there something I need to do to update account data so I can create Dragonborn on preview, as well as Race Reroll imported characters so I can see who I need to use/purchase that item for on Live?
Post edited by eiagra on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Preview test Server does not recognize any cash-sale purchases made.
  • eiagraeiagra Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was still able to Race Reroll though. Once.

My sister can Race Reroll as much as she wants.
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Preview test Server does not recognize any cash-sale purchases made.

So? Tell me - why i can choose items from the HR booster in preview, which i bought on live? And if this is normal, that booster packs can be used there: why i can't use my SW booster?

Something can't be right here.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

edited October 2014
    kisakee wrote: »
    So? Tell me - why i can choose items from the HR booster in preview, which i bought on live? And if this is normal, that booster packs can be used there: why i can't use my SW booster?

Something can't be right here.

Because HR Booster is available in Zen Store.

If you purchase something in Zen Store it's an integral part of your account. If you buy something that is cash-only (such as the Dragonborn Pack) the purchase itself is not part of your account, only that you have that feature "unlocked". Also the Dragonborn/race reroll item in the Zen store is a different product - it *should* appear on preview.

When I copy or create a character on preview I do get my HR Booster, but not my Dragonborn, Hero of the North, Guardian, or Feywild and other packs. I get those only on Live. And I agree - this theory means we should be able to get the SW pack also.

I am not saying this is a mechanical thing with the system, I suspect the Devs may have this "feature" turned off for some reason because I *used* to be able to claim my HOTN and other packs on Preview - but not since Mod 2.

I am not saying this *IS* why this is, I am guessing (like anyone else) and simply applying my own hypothesis based on on 6 years experience playing Cryptic Studios games. :)
    edited October 2014
    If you purchase something in Zen Store it's an integral part of your account. If you buy something that is cash-only (such as the Dragonborn Pack) the purchase itself is not part of your account, only that you have that feature "unlocked". Also the Dragonborn/race reroll item in the Zen store is a different product - it *should* appear on preview.

Dragonborn Pack is Zen Market purchasable, not cash-only. I purchased mine by converting diamonds to Zen after a long period of time.

Also, my sister has unlimited race rerolls, where the option doesn't even appear for me. So this isn't item-based, it's something else.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same for me, used to be able to do race reroll now I can't
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
    edited October 2014
    Like I said, I think is a manual "disconnect" that the devs made for some reason. Why? I have no clue. I can only suspect it's to force new-character rolls on Preview to test as "standard" characters without all the buffs these packs give. But I don't know. In short: other that the Hr Booster I've not had access to *any* of my purchased packs since Mod 2 (even though I did have access to them before that) on Preview.

In short: OP: You're not alone and I agree - I'd like to have access to that stuff when I roll a new character on Preview.
    edited October 2014
    If some people have access and others don't, or if some people HAD access and no longer do, then this can be considered not working as intended. Thus, I'm reporting it, and would like to see it fixed.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am pretty sure you're supposed to be able to reroll race for free on preview, like being able to respec.

Like, how else to *test* things?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2014
    eiagra wrote: »
    If some people have access and others don't, or if some people HAD access and no longer do, then this can be considered not working as intended. Thus, I'm reporting it, and would like to see it fixed.

I definitely agree. Count jy vote as a yes (Fix please) on this one.