test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unlocking SoT and LoL doesn't seem worth the effort

marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
After getting to the point where unlocking SoT and LoL is an option I am very hesitant to grind the cult secrets needed for this, I am sick of farming Dragons for little reward and not about to farm another 20 or 30 or whatever is needed for each of them. Seems like to me its better to just farm the AD for the artifact belts and not bother unlocking this stuff. Maybe I will wait and see if others don't want to unlock it either and the cost to unlock it will go down if the queues dry up.

I can already get the artifact weapon without this and I don't really see what else I need from SoT or LoL that I can't get something about as good from other dungeons. I will miss 2 boons but oh well.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Post edited by marc8219 on

Comments

• thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    Well, can't say I blame you after 700+ runs of eShores and not getting a belt nor a book drop of my own.
    I would however unlock them now for when mod 5 rolls out and the drop rates are increased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    IMO SOT is absolutely useless now that gems can be acquired from AH for so few ad, LOL in the other hand is a much more interesting dg and it drops very good rings and necks, unfortunately right now the chance of dropping a belt is very low (you will se a lot of ppl in your team dropping one tho)
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, can't say I blame you after 700+ runs of eShores and not getting a belt nor a book drop of my own.
    I would however unlock them now for when mod 5 rolls out and the drop rates are decreased.

Fixed it for you. I have NEVER seen them increase anything.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »

So will they or won't they increase drop rates? where does it say this?

I may consider unlocking it if it is increased.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mod 5 patch notes on preview indicate they will increase.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    IMO SOT is absolutely useless now that gems can be acquired from AH for so few ad, LOL in the other hand is a much more interesting dungeon and it drops very good rings and necks, unfortunately right now the chance of dropping a belt is very low (you will see a lot of ppl in your team dropping one tho)

I've got to agree on the SOT not being worth it. I ran it a bunch to get the dragon gem, but at 50K on the AH, i'd just go buy it. Epic LOL on the other hand is just fun. I've run that one about 50 times and it's by far my favorite dungeon (more of a lair since it's so short). I haven't ever gotten anything good from the arcane chest, but I've got a good selection of rings, glyphs and draconic armor from the regular chest. Mainly though, it's just fun. It's not full of bosses with a ton of adds, which I fine to be more interesting. You don't need any specific party make up (having at least one melee is good though) and it's relatively short.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Both LoL and SoT are easily unlocked. The bar's set so low they're definitely worth the effort.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Both LoL and SoT are easily unlocked. The bar's set so low they're definitely worth the effort.

Its another week of grinding the first 3 dragons that give horrible rewards to unlock each one, that's a lot of time better spent elsewhere.
    edited October 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »

Excuse me, don't alter what I say to put words in there I didn't say.

They have gone on the record and made it public notice that the drop rates will be increased for the boon books and artifact belts in SoT and LoL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yes if by "farm AD" you mean buy ZEN and convert it, yes. 1M ad is only about $20
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am not a fan of ESOT, but I would still unlock it. Maybe you want to test draconic gear or get the offhand (which can be quite good). However, that boss fight can be quite a pain.

I love ELOL though. I think the jewlery is excellent, and the dungeon is fun and enjoyable!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just my two cents:
    Normal Shores is the single quickest Skirmish for you Daily Three and has a shot at a MASSIVE payout and regularly drops a fair to middling Set of Rings and Amulets. Is grinding it hardcore for 12 hours a day fun?
    Great Gygax NO!
    But it's a great way to get your Daily Skirmishes.

That said, there is a trick to Normal Shores (don't know about Epic):
    The RNG is INSANELY Streeky.
    If you get one epic drop you are almost guaranteed to get a second (and third, and fourth, and so on until your Luck runs out).
    So stop in every once in a while (maybe on run every couple of hours of Gametime) just to see if you are on a Lucky Run or not.
    If you are, then grind your heart out as long as it lasts and get some great gear.
    If not, then at least you will have gotten a couple of moderately useful items out of the deal (even if you only use them for Refining).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Both are worth unlocking. The daily skirmish can easily be done with SoT for two toons within the skirmish hour for an easy 12K RAD. And LoL qualifies for the daily dungeon. I usually avoid the epic versions due to much higher chance of failure with pugs. Easy RAD with a decent chance for the gem. Having the keys available doubles your chances for the gem and belt.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As an experience and well geared cw as my main, I personally don't bother running them. I like feeling that I've progressed when spending my time playing. Something I haven't felt for months.
    edited October 2014
    desisti wrote: »
    2 multiplied with zero is still zero unfortunately.

Thanks Professor Tips, u be edumacating me guudz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    So will they or won't they increase drop rates? where does it say this?

It's for preview server, so the people can get them and give feedback.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks Professor Tips, u be edumacating me guudz.

LOL!

Anyways, I will only do it for the darned offhand weapon for my TR as it is BoP only! That is aggravating. I bought the rest of the Draconic Set parts on the AH without having to suffer through endless numbers of dungeon/skirmish runs. :)

I want my +1800 HP set effect!!!!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wouldn't agree it is not worth it but I think the problem is the effort to open/unlock the 2 events is set up wrong. Without a major overhaul of reward, I would put both at the second tier, move those amazing cloaks up to tier 3 and than the Main Hand unlock. It's alot of work to unlock especially as content gets old and you want to try it out on your alt.

I think it is worth it to have more content but the time/effort to unlock it on other toons is poorly designed. They are both fun though.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Compared to the fourth and fifth boons, it's relatively quick to unlock. I'd recommend doing it, if only because LoL is actually quite pretty, and is fun to do in a group, on voice. The giggling fits caused by the jumping puzzle parts are often one of the high points of the day's play.

SoT is pretty quick to unlock too. If you're marching through the campaign anyway, to get the boons, it would be a shame not to.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol worth it.

Ring of Pain is BIS for dps classes/DC.
    Ring/Necklace of shielding is good for GFs.

SOT?
    Not so much.

People are keep telling that SOT is better than LOT but I believe its just another urban legend. The drop rate cannot be higher in a skirmish than a dungeon.
    You don't use key but the identification scroll is annoying.

Maybe one advantage you can easily make party for SOT or just queue.

The set is pretty good for GF/GWF but you will have artifact weapon some day. Maybe for a low budget alt char.