test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

eShores finds.

thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
I hit a milestone tonight, a total of 700 runs of eShores.
Total goodies gained
700 scrolls
700 rank 5s
12 dragon gems (3 from the Dragon Key chest)
and a buttload of useless helmets and shields
no belt
no books
not even from the boss drop

All ran on the same character.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
or other information which may be considered objectionable.
A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
I object to your objection
Post edited by thenakedbanana on

Comments

• Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I know that feel. I've ran numerous times too, both the dungeon and the skirmish, and no book, nor belt.

I don't know what to say tbh. I don't think there's much to say but to look at the sky and think about life.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    the RNG in this game fails so hard XD
    Little bit disillusioned by not pulling my own belt though
    I did however manage to get the belt I wanted/needed via purchasing 10x Tyrant's Artifact Provisions packs on the AH for about 1.7mil in total, so there's that... It's just crappy that those whom aren't blessed need to travel such avenues to obtain their belts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    how do you know how many times you have run it?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you want a belt just grind AD and hit the AH. Really. The RNG is extremely low and then odds are it will not drop the belt you want. Since most grinds are more profitable than Shores it is actually the worst way to get a belt.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I hit a milestone tonight, a total of 700 runs of eShores.
    Total goodies gained
    700 scrolls
    700 rank 5s
    12 dragon gems (3 from the Dragon Key chest)
    and a buttload of useless helmets and shields
    no belt
    no books
    not even from the boss drop

All ran on the same character.

Congrats. I have a similar record, but less runs. That is, 20 runs for as many rank5s and scrolls.

They should make their Respen event depend on that. "If someone ever gets a book from (e)SoT then we will rerun a Respen event"
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    imho its better to go farm foundry and sell stones and buy the stuff, will be faster, and about as interesting as running sot
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    how do you know how many times you have run it?
    Because I can keep count, herpaderp?

Had to use the fingers and toes of everyone I knew though :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I know them feels. Now I only do eSoT long enough to get the Draconic offhand on a character these days, and then move on to eLoL, which is less aggravating. That said, no books or belts on any of them, or from the dragons (I hate to think about how many "great success" messages I've seen on those, too). It's a little disheartening.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My theory is that the chance is not fair, Is affected by some kind of parameters, but is just that, speculation. This theory is also for artifact drops in bosses (valindra, MC, etc.)

Parameters that are in my mind:
    Time of the run (more time = more chance)
    Enemies not killed (if you skip content = less chance)
    GS of the party / player
    ADs of the players
    Other parameters that benefit less geared / experimented players

/conspiration
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My theory is that the chance is not fair, Is affected by some kind of parameters, but is just that, speculation. This theory is also for artifact drops in bosses (valindra, MC, etc.)

GS of the party / player
    ADs of the players

...except that all that would take alot of actual programming logic compared to simply:
    if RNG < 0.1% drop artifact
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Really doesnt matter because mod 5 brings new artifact belts, 2 new main hands (so a total of 5 main hands) purchased at a vendor with shards of dragon something something.. some new currency (need 5 of them) and new offhands. I wouldnt waste any more time and take a break.. but the RP items you got will come in handy.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have run most likely a slightly smaller number of skirmishs to see one belt drop from boss - and no book in sight. Do those even drop?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    ... some new currency ...

Yay! More new currencies, I was just thinking the other day how we need some new currencies.
    No... wait... I wasn't.

I think this game has more currencies than we have in real-life on the planet.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ive probably done 2-300 runs 4 toons/ with 1 total gem, on the FIRST run I ever did, and nothing since then. Ive alternated between normal and epic and really no difference in loot drops.

Overall rate drops are JUST to low, thats the key issue, it really doesnt matter about any other conjecture.

Simply put, you might as WELL not open either of them honestly, and just let others run it and buy stuff from them =).

Which is sad, but that seems to be how cryptic works now, open things that have no use doing, run them, even though they are worthless and be happy.

If your not happy, dont post your unhappiness, because thats against ToS for some reason =P .

The game is good, the game is great, if you dont like that saying, you can...

Ill let you finish that line =P.
  • Options
    wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    I've only had luck with Dragon Gems.

I've gotten 4 in about 30-40 skirmishes (Normal Tuern), then I went 3 for 3 on Artifact Weapons (meaning I got all 3 in 3 tries no duplicates).

I've killed about 200 dragons and nothing better than a Dragon Cult Headdress.

I have seen one plated belt drop from the Normal Tuern boss, didn't win it.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

GS of the party / player
    ADs of the players

/conspiration

There is no conspiracy theory.

They made PVE content a complete joke so even the most horrible casual player can complete it with ease. They gate the rewards with horrible RNG so that players who have invested time and have skill do not benefit from doing them too efficiently.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Really doesnt matter because mod 5 brings new artifact belts, 2 new main hands (so a total of 5 main hands) purchased at a vendor with shards of dragon something something.. some new currency (need 5 of them) and new offhands. I wouldnt waste any more time and take a break.. but the RP items you got will come in handy.

Preview is bugged for me (again) do you buy the off-hands with this new currency? Or are they RNG again?
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Preview is bugged for me (again) do you buy the off-hands with this new currency? Or are they RNG again?

It's listed as coming from "The Temple of Tiamat [Epic]". Not sure if that means it's a 0.00001% drop from the chest like previous artifacts.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    have done shores and e-shores both 100s of times (more non-epic completions due to PUGs ...)
    1 dragon gem
    2 useless purples
    0 belts
    0 books

it's a f'n joke. I bought my 2nd gem (because I didn't get the artifact weapon I wanted the first time, naturally) because LOL hell no.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Doing epic Shores is utterly pointless unless you need the Draconic set or just want "a challenge" (heh)

Normal Shores is:
    1. Much faster
    2. Can drop Shores jewelry set
    3. Same droprate on books, gems, artifact belts

Of course that will change with Module 5, but right now, normal Shores is the way to go
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    done about 40 runs of Elol, gotten 2 dragon gems and 1 int belt which I was lucky enough to win the roll for:) Sold the **** thing, for 4,5 million, since I couldn't really be bothered to try and level it up along my artifact weapon, pretty glad I did since the new belts are gonna be way better than the old ones...
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Doing epic Shores is utterly pointless unless you need the Draconic set or just want "a challenge" (heh)

Normal Shores is:
    1. Much faster
    2. Can drop Shores jewelry set
    3. Same droprate on books, gems, artifact belts

Of course that will change with Module 5, but right now, normal Shores is the way to go

It's not just the Draconic armour set though (which is deeply "meh" for most classes), but the weapon set, which is pretty decent (nice damage range, which is important)- the offhand comes from epic Shores. It's a good "quick fix" for people not yet ready to take the artifact weapon, plus the offhand often has more sensible secondary stats than the mainhand, for when you do.

That said, you're basically right. Hit LoL during the DD, ideally. It's less aggravating, and somewhat more rewarding.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    done about 40 runs of Elol, gotten 2 dragon gems and 1 int belt which I was lucky enough to win the roll for:) Sold the **** thing, for 4,5 million, since I couldn't really be bothered to try and level it up along my artifact weapon, pretty glad I did since the new belts are gonna be way better than the old ones...

Well as the saying gos a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush :p

Even in mod 5 I am still pretty sure that owlbear belt wouldve been one of the better items for the slot. The belt is currently not even remotely necessary for pve (though I do have a legendary con belt on my sw) xD But yeah probably better off selling it this late in the mod as you won't get much use from it now :(
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's