test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter ranger Deflect and heal = godmode?

Comments

• Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    It's simply a list of positive traits which can be made with any class. The only difference being the HR has better and more efficient synergy amongst those different traits than others.
    It's inaccurate.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    wolhaiksong332wolhaiksong332 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107
    edited October 2014
    It's simply a list of positive traits which can be made with any class. The only difference being the HR has better and more efficient synergy amongst those different traits than others.

Wouldnt it be more useful to talk about that synergy, than compile an arbitrary list of positive traits (some of which are misleading btw)?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Added some notes to your list

In terms of defense they have:
    ■ the multi-dodges: most responsive and combat worthy of all dodges in PvP (this is debateable)
    ■ class feature which increases damage resistance too a modest amount (i think you mean deflect)
    ■ an encounter that forces a single dodge in combat and has good utility overall
    ■ highest average deflect chance of all classes in game (list item number 2 repeated as an additional asset)
    ■ a feat from one of the paths that makes sure that deflection turns into a heal (this is already set for a nerf)

In terms of combat they have:
    ■ a feat that ignores all defenses and simply guarantees a certain amount of damage always lands (already set for a nerf)
    ■ an at-will which is centered on proccing DoTs (so basically a dot with additional requirements, other classes have dots)
    ■ one of the fastest AP gains of all classes
    ■ a CC power that makes use of that AP gain
    ■ the game's fastest activating prone (no mention of the 1 second post cast lock of the user)
    ■ a very powerful melee attack that grants IMMUNITY time when activated
    ■ a reliable gap-closer (pretty sure all melee classes have gap closers, some are even at-will gap closers)

In terms of utility they have:
    ■ multiple ways of entering stealth (this comment refers to the daily and the encounter ambush... Ambush would require a fouth encounter spot since you've already sited the use of three encounters above, or am i synergizing with encounters that aren't even on my tray?)
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Added some notes to your list

In terms of defense they have:
    ■ the multi-dodges: most responsive and combat worthy of all dodges in PvP (this is debateable)
    ■ class feature which increases damage resistance too a modest amount (i think you mean deflect)
    ■ an encounter that forces a single dodge in combat and has good utility overall
    ■ highest average deflect chance of all classes in game (list item number 2 repeated as an additional asset)
    ■ a feat from one of the paths that makes sure that deflection turns into a heal (this is already set for a nerf)

In terms of combat they have:
    ■ a feat that ignores all defenses and simply guarantees a certain amount of damage always lands (already set for a nerf)
    ■ an at-will which is centered on proccing DoTs (so basically a dot with additional requirements, other classes have dots)
    ■ one of the fastest AP gains of all classes
    ■ a CC power that makes use of that AP gain
    ■ the game's fastest activating prone (no mention of the 1 second post cast lock of the user)
    ■ a very powerful melee attack that grants IMMUNITY time when activated
    ■ a reliable gap-closer (pretty sure all melee classes have gap closers, some are even at-will gap closers)

In terms of utility they have:
    ■ multiple ways of entering stealth (this comment refers to the daily and the encounter ambush... Ambush would require a fouth encounter spot since you've already sited the use of three encounters above, or am i synergizing with encounters that aren't even on my tray?)

Which is the reason why I've clearly stated beforehand that any talks about class-balance would be futile, and it wouldn't be too late to wait and see if the HR is so unbearable to other players after Tiamat hits, since we're waiting for what's coming next. :)
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    But not all other classes have a "DoT" like the Aimed Strike + Rain of Swords (sorry, i said "Careful Attack" previously. U_U). That must have a fix.

Regardless of what type of DoT it is, why should the abilities be "fixed" because they are specific to one class? Trust me, you do not want NW to go through the same homogenization that happened in WoW. It will fast become boring to play the game.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Regardless of what type of DoT it is, why should the abilities be "fixed" because they are specific to one class? Trust me, you do not want NW to go through the same homogenization that happened in WoW. It will fast become boring to play the game.

There's no homogenization in WoW and the game is 1000 times more balanced in any way than Neverwinter. Stop dissing and misleading.

Also NWO is more boring, has 1000 times less content, is not rewarding and I could go on for years.

NWO has one, single thing vs WoW: a good combat system. WoW has everything else, starting with relative balance and QUALITY content.

But not all other classes have a "DoT" like the Aimed Strike + Rain of Swords (sorry, i said "Careful Attack" previously. U_U). That must have a fix.

Like 10000 people told you already only nabby HRs use that. It presents no dangers towards you...

The good HRs will put CA on you, prone you, Shift you and spam Rapid Strike on you. And then you die, which you should, because you got proned and your GWF has bad spec and gear.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    Question: Can someone tell me which is the proc rate on the 4 pieces for Royal guard set??? It has a ICD or so?

There is no ICD that I know up. If there is a ICD it would be nor more then 15-20 seconds max. As it would be above the normal encounter coosl downs. But just from observation in combat, I'd estimate the proc chance of the RG set bonus at 15% +/- 5%. My HR is a Trapper so I'm bouncing between raned and melee like a mad woman. It's rare that I don't see a proc once a full rotation.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    SW is godmode. Saw one, 6k gs, white gear, lvl 17 ring, zero enchant on armour or weapon, end wth 11-3 against a team twice his gs.
    Devs, either you create a separate keague for SW, or you create 3v5 matchups when a SW is there. As siimple as that.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    SW is godmode. Saw one, 6k gs, white gear, lvl 17 ring, zero enchant on armour or weapon, end wth 11-3 against a team twice his gs.
    Devs, either you create a separate keague for SW, or you create 3v5 matchups when a SW is there. As siimple as that.

Sws is the product of mod4 pvp. They are usually squishy but DPS burst is so high plus huge dots, that if they land their prone you're usually almost dead. CW - SW combo is deadly. 2 SW is death for sure if They focus you. Faster than anything else.

Overall DPS in pvp is too high, expecially ranged DPS. Too much burst and no tactic. Just gear and raw power/DPS...
  • Options
    wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i agree with op, hr deflect is too much
    they should lower hr deflect this is the reason hr is god deflect = more heal
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sws is the product of mod4 pvp. They are usually squishy but DPS burst is so high plus huge dots, that if they land their prone you're usually almost dead. CW - SW combo is deadly. 2 SW is death for sure if They focus you. Faster than anything else.

Overall DPS in pvp is too high, expecially ranged DPS. Too much burst and no tactic. Just gear and raw power/DPS...
    And pray if you meet a SW with a Red Glyph...

Let's wait and see how the new release - once it goes live - plays out, because if I'm right about how the new TRs are playing out, some of the TR builds would easily specialize in fighting against ranged casting CW and SW classes, with the capacity to shut them out. Even HRs seem to be effected by it upto some extent.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Let's wait and see how the new release - once it goes live - plays out, because if I'm right about how the new TRs are playing out, some of the TR builds would easily specialize in fighting against ranged casting CW and SW classes, with the capacity to shut them out. Even HRs seem to be effected by it upto some extent.

^^^
    I seriously doubt that...cause:

I saw your vids against HRs in IWD.Brilliant gameplay but:The first HR was a sitting duck.many times you were near death and your gameplay capabilities saved you.Not your class or build.
    The battlefield was in favour of you.Open, you could move in any direction you want.Compare this to hotenow 1/3 nodes.

Even then it would take 4-5 days for the HRs to figure out what they should do:Reverse back to the old Thorn ward tactic.
    Since the new TR CC builds do little damage and are focused on constant harassement and movement ,thorn ward in node and a little bit bunny hoping from the HRs would be enough to find the Tr ,and then the TR will have problem.

In the new mod,apart from the PB fix nothing inticates that the HRs will have the slightest additional difficulty in dominationg the battlefield(willl be dominant with CWs and othe ranged classes)

PVP in mod4/5 will be the pvp of ranged classes.GFs GWFs TRs are in great disadvanatage.
    ranged classes have bigger dps than the melees and 80s range.What to say...
  • Options
    benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I understand your frustration.

HR has major advantages with healing each time they deflect, but all classes can utilize deflection and hp gain.

It is hard to defeat them with glyphs, but without glyphs it's not so hard.

HR is fine.

Here is a video of my TR doing what the hunter can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmhKobNdmAw

Briartwine..., seriously?, Do you see that your briartwine is attacking like 3~15 and healing you between 0 and 1 xD?.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And, again, i will ask you about my gear and the rotation i use on PvP with 1 of my GWF-characters, otherwise, you should go back to "PmvsPm" and cry there all you want about me there or, as i told you more times, stop the trolling in the forum with your nonsense.

He's not trolling, there are no good hr's running around with rain of swords (which is not even good if you land it)
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have just made a HR out of my 4 chars hes the lowest gs and has by far the highest dmg of all its incredible I get highest dmg in most not all but 95% of skirmish and dungeons(epic) so far, they truly are an Op class and I have no armr or weapon enchant, I have to agree with the poster.
    At about i think 10-11gs i was hitting 40k + a time thats mad dmg to me anyway i'm not that good at this game.
    They can be invis, heal and immune and do crazy dmg no wonder so many have them, me to now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    He's not trolling, there are no good hr's running around with rain of swords (which is not even good if you land it)

People here have a single objective in mind, to nerf the HR to oblivion. Even if it's about some combo that nobody uses it in premades.

The HR is definitely strong, but it's not nearly as godly as people trying to paint it. Any adjustments need to be very careful or you can botch the class completely, as HR needs:

- great melee DPS, as only Combat is viable in PvP
    - great survivability, as you go head to head with GWFs that can hit 50K 2xIntimidation procs, or CWs with 100 procs and Icy Rays crazyness, or GFs with 50K Anvils

Once chain CCed, pretty much any HR is toast unless he's really lucky with deflects, but at the rate people do DPS these days, even deflects won't save you from incoming 15K+ series of hits.

What HR doesn't need is the ability to one-shot most people if they land a rotation (with Red Glyphs), or the ability to deal damage through dodges/shield etc. One of the most frustrating experiences on my CW is dodging every CC a HR tries to land and still dying from Piercing/Careful Attack/Glyphs procs. That is utter BS and should not exist.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hoofit wrote: »
    I have just made a HR out of my 4 chars hes the lowest gs and has by far the highest dmg of all its incredible I get highest dmg in most not all but 95% of skirmish and dungeons(epic) so far, they truly are an Op class and I have no armr or weapon enchant, I have to agree with the poster.
    At about i think 10-11gs i was hitting 40k + a time thats mad dmg to me anyway i'm not that good at this game.
    They can be invis, heal and immune and do crazy dmg no wonder so many have them, me to now.
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to call BS on this. No HR with low GS and no enchants is going to beat a CW in 95% of dungeons and skirmishes. Or a decent SW either.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Are you or other "top" HR players mad due other HR players do not follow your advices and, "strange" thing at all, the can deal with some players? I can not understand why is so complicated to you all to let other players play as they want.

Antaron, i think you need to think about what you're saying here. You choose not to play the optimal build and encounter load outs then call for nerfs when you get beat. I honestly don't care which enocunters you use, but if you're not maximizing the abilities of your class don't call for nerfs when you get beat.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yes, i though about it a lot of times and i always answered back the same thing (not only here, but on all PvP games i played so far) : your build can be perfect/optimal for you, but nor for me due different playstiles. Easy. Your "min-max" can be diametrally opposite of mine yet, both be equally good. The best example i come here are CW and HR classes: you can be good in either PvE or PvP sets using different rotations... as a lot of us saw out there. Even i had an argument with Lazarus666 about "Spinning Strike vs Slam" based on what you just said.
    Also, you are wrong in yor second point: i do not call nerfs for "being beaten" (that is my problem), when i call for a nerf is due 2 reasons:

- Seems broken
    - Other classes have not a similar "tool".

First one is easy understable, i think (Examples: CW soloing CN or 30k bleed damage in 5 secs vs a char with 40% DR and 30% deflect + Tenacity due a broken feat [which, fortunatelly, will get a fix]).
    Second one is a bit more complicated to explain and to understand but, to be fast and make it as easy as possible, i will take the best example in this case: Prones. I ask for ALL classes to have prones on encounter moves OR remove them all from encounter moves. "Balance" can not be obtained if a class rules over the others with tools that other classes does not posseses OR can not be "countered" propperly.

How can you not see that this is a terible idea? Do you want them to give the encounters the same name too?
    In my opinion the more diversity between classes the better.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So, letting everyone to give a chance to strike back OR, at least, to be able to deal some damage before he/she dies with their own kits/survive more than 6 secs is a bad idea??? Really?? I do not know what your definition of "Balance" is but mine is "balance" =/= 10 - 0" situations with/vs any class.

My comment was in response to "other class not have similar tool." I dont know why you'd want to homogenize the classes. Especially since it's a 5 on 5 match. Someone on your team will have those skills, why give all skills to everyone. It's just a really bad idea, and boring.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm fooling around with fresh HR in pvp now. Grim gear, low green artifacts, 11k GS but 30k hp and 40% deflect. No armor/ weapon enchants. What i can say from my tests is with marauder/boar/ fox it's easy play, you rush enemy, prone, high DPS, then escape and fire ranged. As magiquepurse said, cc is pretty much deadly, expecially from CW. Other weaknesses are if you miss boar you're in for some pain, and against CW/SW after your rotation you must time your dodges correctly.

Tactically it's great to rush enemy CW/SW fast, prone them and scare them, preventing them from freely melt your mates.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New HR OP inccident: :p

Last night i was doing some pvp.In a match we ended up 5 good geared players vs a semi premade but unfortunately for them ,had a CW that was suffering for Sharandar-Powrie Syndrome. SPS in medical circles.(Still and facetanking the GWFs and GFs-no dodges).

We quicky gained the upper hand in the beggining but the enemy team had 2 good HR players ,who decided not to give up.
    They will stall and getting in and out of the nodes indefinetly.If someones alone would follow them on stairs ,he was dead.

At one point our cw cc one of them ,we rush onto him a TR and 2 GFs.We throw him dawn him,SF procs ,he wakes up ,we eat his his temp hps,prone again.He is at 2-5% hp.I use lunging strike,at the same time he dodges.Since Lunging locks onto target ,my lunging changes me direction 180 degrees (lol) i hit him and..........
    and.....

From 2-5% hp i see him instantly at 25-30% hp.men i give up.Calle me a ****.Call me whatever you want.
    Yea i don't know the HR feats ,but hell even mod2 GWF Sents could not do this.
    This was not lifesteal.He did not hit me.i hitted him.What the hell??????

Can pls someone explain?:(
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Can pls someone explain?:(

If specced correctly, and played right, an HR can heal to about 50% HP+ from a single rotation, sometimes more. There are 3 mechanics that contribute to the heals, one of which gets nerfed in Mod 5:

- Regen - all classes can get it. Huge HP pool, 1500-2000 Regen can make for some INSANE ticks at low HP, such as 2000-3000 HP
    - Wild's Medicine. You deflect, you heal over time 5% of HP, stacks 10 times. Gets nerfed. Quite hard to stack, but in the conditions you described, with 3 people hitting you, it is actually easy to get 10 stacks. Accounts for most HR sustained healing in PvP, does basically noting in PvE.
    - Life Steal. Combat path has Bloodletting and Battlecrazed to improve LS significantly. HRs can deal lots of burst, and you can expect a hefty heal if you get heal by full rotation. What I like to do on my HR when I am in hard 1vs2 situations and getting low is hit a snipe rotation of some target, enter Forest Ghost stealth, and heal up from WM+LS to almost full. Almost impossible to perform against anything but pugs.

Honorable mention for:

- Incoming Healing Bonus (available to all classes). This thing is quite OP. You can get easily to about 8%+ more healing from WM, Regen and even Soulforged procs.

What you need to do is keep the HR CCed and have additional CC ready for when SF procs and he enters panic mode and tries to escape/stall. My CWs Icy Rays work miracles against soulforged HRs. Don't stay close to the HR when it is CCed to dot offer him a free card out of jail with Boar and Shift. Burst it down fast, by chaining CCs, such as: Icy Rays, FLS, Takedown, Entangle. HR should be dead now. Any competent CC/DPS couple will burst an HR in less than 5 secs, even at BiS levels. Once CCed, they are powerless.