test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transmutation Questions

ghostninjahghostninjah Member Posts: 58
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Are trasmog items only unusable 1 time or can i remove the transmog from the item to reuse? I only got 1 trasmog neck from the last event and didn't really want to waste it
Post edited by ghostninjah on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You get one free transmute but then if you want to copy the items look again onto another item you would have to pay .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is only usable one time. The item used to transmute will disappear.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    ghostninjahghostninjah Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2014
    I can only use the transmog once? My original item appearance is deleted and i can't go back to default. I didnt really want to lose my event transmog but, with this system i am bound to lose at some point. Why even have transmogs?
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you read before clicking on accept, it tells you the item will be consumed. It was then your choice if you wanted to continue or not.

If you are unsure if you will like the model or not, copy over to the preview server and test there. Changes will not be affected on live.

On another note, 50k AD a pop for transmog is pretty over priced for cosmetic changes.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Removing or changing the transmute/change appearance system would entail the removal of an AD sink that Cryptic seems to have become fond of... Heck, they even coded a separate UI for dyes but they ended up removing it from the non-dev commands instead of adding a button for it in the drop-downs.

They seem to be wasting effort in all sorts of places, to be fair, not just here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic. Thanks!

Threads merged. Subject changed to "Transmutation" instead of that other game's name for it.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    The whole transmog system is ridiculously overpriced, IMO. 50k diamonds to transmog? No thanks. I'd rather buy a Dragon Egg or something with that 50k.

Cryptic needs to seriously consider cutting that price down. At least in half.
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How about getting items paid for in HR and SW packs to use, then having to pay to transmog them? That's also kind of messed up..