test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tuum

mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
TUUM by @MRTHEBOZER
NW-DR2GL2VJL
Mission Type: Story Focus, Surprising, Unusual, Solo Friendly
Average Duration: 15 - 25 minutes
Amount of Combat: Your mileage may vary based on level and class. Bring potions just in case.
Starts at: Board a ship by departing from any gate.

The Hero of Sleeping Dragon Bridge journeys to a newly discovered island, in search of the lost grave of TUUM. The protagonist of the ancient epic poem wielded STOPPER, a weapon that slew a beast capable of swallowing dragons whole. Such an asset could end the fight against Valindra once and for all. But is there any truth to the story, or is Neverwinter's champion chasing a fairy tale?
AUTHOR TIPS/HINTS
- A healthy dose of reading, though still playable if you just click through the dialogue. (Your loss, really)
- A short and linear character driven adventure
- A spectacularly detailed custom map.
- 100% custom creatures and NPCs found nowhere else in Neverwinter.
- An unlockable bonus ending that expands the story's resolution.
gvj8.jpg
cx76.jpg
e8um.jpg
c447.png
Post edited by mrthebozer on

Comments

• Options
    kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This was great, and a beautiful design! The characters were a lot of fun, and the extra ending was a real treat :)
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I loved this quest, it's perfect. Keep them coming, mrthebozer!
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great quest as usual! I really dig the 27 page poem and your thorough background to the story... :)
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks, gang! Hopefully I'll be able to run a few review trades for this soon, but September's been a pretty crazy month for releasing a new quest. For now, I'm just psyched that a handful of folks have had a good time with this one. Looking forward to seeing what others think.
    c447.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    omgomgomg you made something else
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    forumuser3forumuser3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the adventure, I enjoyed it!
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I loved it (except for that moment inside the Turask, cool map btw, when mobs kept spawning and spawning...), the poem was great, and I liked the optional quest - for having choice ;)
  • Options
    marakthemaulermarakthemauler Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2013
    I enjoyed the thematic of the your maps and the details that went into them as well as all your customizations of your encounter NPCs. I enjoyed all the work you put into your mission and definitely will be checking out any new missions you publish. (Thank you for including a wide range of sounds in your mission, I have reviewed a few lately where there none and it really detracts from the experience.)

Here are somethings I thought were exceptional or consider changing about your mission.

First map transition
    - You Used Camel Case For Every Word Of The Text And This Makes It Very Annoying To Read. The overhead map transition test starts with "Travel to" (which you cannot change) and this throws another wrench into the works. Instead of using a generic ship, make up a ship name and just have it as the text for the overhead map icon. For example, set the icon text to "Sea Wolf" and this will make the overhead map action to "Travel to Sea Wolf".

1st book
    Option 1
    - Change "focus. My" to "focus with my"
    - I liked the peom, it was a good way to bring the PCs into the story.

1st "Encounter"
    - I will have to play this several times to see how the other conversation paths unfold
    - Nice job on the skinning/customing

So far I like what you have done with the maps

Monk
    - It would be nice to give an indication of how long this fight will be via dialog or some other clue. I hate fights that that constantly spawn with no clear end in sight.

Druid
    - I liked the personality you gave her

Elementalist
    - The response "Why are you here? You don't sound like you want to be." just doesn't flow well for me. Suggestion: Change it to something like "Why are you here? It sounds like you rather be anywhere by here."

Boulder
    - The help text is the Cryptic default. Change it to something like "Move the boulder out of the way".

Banner
    - Same comment

"Inside chamber"
    - I see all the time you spent on all the details of this place. I really enjoyed the environment you created, especially the sound effects. To me sound makes or breaks a mission.

Weak spot
    - It looks like you are missing a word in the phrase "slow and steady mass". Consider changing it to "A slow pulsating mass". Also remove the phrase "Whatever ... here," and merge the rest of the sentence with the previous sentence. I.e. "spot and it appears to be ...". A second option is to keep the two sentences separate but still remove the "Whatever ..." portion and change it to something like "It is not apparent as to the cause of the sore but it is eating away ...".

---
    End of normal mission

Extra "mission"
    - Very nicely done. It does provide additional lore and a nice closure to the story.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Excellent feedback! Just got back from a few days out of town, so I'm catching up on posts and PMs and such - and once the latest patch is downloaded I'll hop in and make some fixes.

I'm going to revisit the combat a bit and see what I can do without totally breaking any functionality in the quest - I admit I designed myself into a bit of a corner here, and the way things spawn and trigger makes it difficult to rescale some encounters. But not impossible, so I'll see what I can do. At the very least for the earliest encounter I'd like to include a counter of some kind - it was in the original draft, but got pulled in favor of making the nature of the spawns a little more chaotic. Might see what I can do about the later encounters, as well.

Again, thanks for the notes! It's good to be back.
    c447.png
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think that "the fish with 40 fists" can stay as it is - since it is kinda explained why you have those spawns there.
  • Options
    uncleccunclecc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OMG I have to say this is my favorite quest so far! I would of tipped more and rated higher if I was allowed to. Thank you very much for a beautifully built and wonderfully created quest!!
    ~People who talk don't know, people who know don't talk~
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Really enjoyed the extra bit at the end
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just wrapped up and published TUUM: THE EXTENDED CUT (No, I didn't really call it that in the title), adding a new map with about 5+ minutes of extra gameplay. Feel free to head on over and check out the new opening sequence!

6a4e.jpg
    c447.png
  • Options
    arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are you still alive? I was like http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/gddy.gif when I fell into the stomach. How did you make it :o I must know! ahghagahqbbq
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hey all,

Just dusted off and republished an "original recipe" edition of Tuum this morning, removing the docks map in the beginning altogether. I kind of liked how it turned out, but:

1) It did not mesh with my original mission statement of making a fun quest with only one, really nice custom map.
    2) A lot of people were having trouble/just not having fun in the parkour elements
    and
    3) I only added it to keep the quest above the 15 minute mark to make it Daily-worthy, which just seems like a lame reason.

So now Tuum opens on the island map, as I originally intended and always should have left it. I'll most certainly repurpose the other map at some point in the future.
    c447.png