test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 10/16 (Completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We'll be performing scheduled maintenance tomorrow 10/16 at 7 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9000523-patch-notes-10%2F16%2F14

When is maintenance for you? (Click here to find out)

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 (7:04 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun. Patch Notes added.
Update 2 (8:20 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed ahead of schedule. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Thanks Dwight !!

Any new sales in ZEN store?
  • julianalz55julianalz55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is there a fix for the multigod bug?
  • kepikahunakepikahuna Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Erm..gateway UTC clock conversion is wrong again. It says 0200 to 0400 and should be 1400 to 1600.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We will be performing shard maintenance on October 16 from 7-9 AM Pacific (02:00-04:00 UTC).
    And I thought we had established how UTC works.
    It would seem you need to retrain that employee after every weekend.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Is there a fix for the multigod bug?

Lets hope so
    Dr. Phil
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And I thought we had established how UTC works.
    It would seem you need to retrain that employee after every weekend.

Timezones are hard.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Lets hope so

I thought they already patched this. I take it you've seen it still going on?
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • jkr1269jkr1269 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And still nothing for the door bug in CN. Why keep ignoring it..Can't be that hard to fix.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Dragon Glyphs: These no longer deal unresistable damage unintentionally."

So, they now deal unresistable damage intentionally? :)
    edited October 2014
    Seriously. God dammit Cryptic. If it dosent hurt you wallet it dosent get fixed for at least one year.

But i can assure you, people with multiple gods that cant specc/use feats/power points, will hurt your wallet
    Dr. Phil
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bottled Lightning: now requires only 5 jars to be sabotaged, all players within interaction distance of a sabotage jar get mission credit, jars respawn 25% faster

That's a nice change! I hated the adversarial feeling of that daily.
  • taeldorntaeldorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank Dwight.

Just a suggestion, could we have some kind of uniformity as to where the patch nots are posted. I have seen no new ones since 10-2-2014. Unless of course I missed the memo on their new location.

-=Here Be Dragons=-
  • froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    So you touch the glyphs but in this way only?

Have you not seen the 250.000 threads about your customers hating them? lol ?

Also, nothing about it in the patch notes, but if the last ambush in LoL is still lvl 20 enemies, then what can I say........
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Lair of Lostmauth: The scorpions must now be defeated simultaneously to properly complete the encounter."

Was this really necessary? I wasn't a fan of having someone kite it, I normally like to just down both around the same time but still. This creates more of a limitation when you don't have the perfect composition of players. Not to mention now we have to eye ball both health bars now and play the balancing dps game?
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lair of Lostmauth: The scorpions must now be defeated simultaneously to properly complete the encounter.

Does this mean that if the scorpions don't die at the same time you failed the dungeon and can't progress or that you need to restart the scorpion encounter? In either case that will just result in even less people doing it. (e)SoT was a much easier way to get dragon gems even before this fix.

Also if you defeat both scorpions at the same time they don't drop anything. So with this fix, you removed 1 more loot from (e)LoL, since you probably forgot to fix the no loot bug.
    edited October 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    "Lair of Lostmauth: The scorpions must now be defeated simultaneously to properly complete the encounter."

Was this really necessary? I wasn't a fan of having someone kite it, I normally like to just down both around the same time but still. This creates more of a limitation when you don't have the perfect composition of players. Not to mention now we have to eye ball both health bars now and play the balancing dps game?

Yes, some actual tactic needed for a fight in neverwinter. This is an awesome change. and i hope more like this come. And some group composition, exactly.
    Dr. Phil
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bottled Lightning: now requires only 5 jars to be sabotaged, all players within interaction distance of a sabotage jar get mission credit, jars respawn 25% faster

That's a nice change! I hated the adversarial feeling of that daily.

Oh wow! That is a great change.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seriously. God dammit Cryptic. If it dosent hurt you wallet it dosent get fixed for at least one year.

But i can assure you, people with multiple gods that cant specc/use feats/power points, will hurt your wallet

Yeah they really need to fix that I know people havent been able to play at all for over 2 weeks now because of this problem....
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Finally i can use [Avalanche of Steel] daily without reaching the ground back dead. #ThanksForTheGlyphFix
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Yeah they really need to fix that I know people havent been able to play at all for over 2 weeks now because of this problem....

Weren't they exploiters?...
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm curious to see what is the scorpion fight changes in lair of lostmauth. There will probably be some complaints about "fight too hard brain can't process strategy" complaints types but I hope the devs will hold their ground and add more of this in the future to make the game a bit more tactically challenging.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still no dice hunh?
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Fashion items will now display on Dragonborn characters. (currently the Noble Finery Mask still does not display, this will be resolved in a later update)"

Any details on this? Is this for zen store fashion items only?

I rushed over to preview and tried on the sunite headdress and the cult headdress on my female dragonborn and they don't show up.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently the changes never made it to preview. Working on live now.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »

I don't mind this at all as it requires party cooperation like other mmo's. I think its a step in the right direction to get more party synergy.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    Oh wow! That is a great change.

Or it would have been. Seems its broken now.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • mafesiomafesio Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Kill the glyph s for Christ sake, they are horrible pvp spoilers. The addition of tactics and cooperation for a dungeon are a very good addition to the typical NW dungeon mechanics. Good addition.
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, some actual tactic needed for a fight in neverwinter. This is an awesome change. and i hope more like this come. And some group composition, exactly.

Having someone kite one of the **** things around whilst everyone else concentrates on the other IS a tactic. Its more of a tactic than simply burning everything down where it stands after all. There are other things, significantly higher in priority, that need to be and should be fixed.

Cryptic, care to expound on what you mean by simultaneously. I assume you don't actually mean simultaneously, rather you mean must be killed within X seconds of one another. If you do actually mean simultaneously, I think you've made a poor decision with this change.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    I don't mind this at all as it requires party cooperation like other mmo's. I think its a step in the right direction to get more party synergy.

How the hell is it strategy to gather them both up and AoE until dead? It's the exact same tactic in every other freaking dungeon in this game. At least the way it was previously I constantly had to keep an eye on the kiter to rez him/her if they died (Eye of Lathander FTW!). Now it's a timed AoE spam...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Things still not working for dragonborn after patch:
    [Laced Mask]
    [Lion Mask]
    [Feathered Roc Mask]

Also, give us som freaking hoods already! :(

If I wasnt ugly before, I am now.
    ugly2.png
    ugly.png
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    carrytiex wrote: »
    Weren't they exploiters?...

Nope, not exploiters. Lots have this misconception. There is/was a game mechanic that allowed people to add multiple gods. This same mechanic was used by some in another way to exploit other things. These are not the same though. There was no gain in any way from having multiple gods. If you by mistake choose one of the options that were available and popped up, you were forced to gain an extra god. This had no problems in the past because as I said there was no gain from having an extra god. Since a 'fix' previously implemented so that others can not have multiple gods, those that already had multiple gods now are bugged. Again, multiple gods does not mean someone exploited anything.