test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Add 1 Cult Secret and 1 Dragon Lore to the eSoT and eLoL chest

qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
"Request: Add 1 Cult Secret and 1 Dragon Lore to the eSoT and eLoL chest."

I always think your campaigns should emphasize your premier content. It takes 100 of each to get a book, but you have to run around doing stupid content to get them. Yeah I called your zerg dragons on a timer content stupid, sue me! Okay at the very least randomly add 1 or the other to eSot and eLoL with which one showing up in the chest as random. Some prize to blunt the "Range" of having uber rare books drop. It is weird that the only way to blunt the "randomness of drops" is to stop doing the content with the random drops in the first place. Whaaa? That is: don't like the 1% chance of a drop? Just don't play the game. If you added 1 cult secret and 1 dragon lore to eSoT and eLoL, it would say, "don't like the range? Well in 100 runs you are guarenteed a drop."

Technically you are doubling the expected value of eSot and eLoL, but you are greatly diminishing the variance by doing this.
Post edited by qutsemnie on

Comments

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »

I always think your campaigns should emphasize your premier content. It takes 100 of each to get a book, but you have to run around doing stupid content to get them. Yeah I called your zerg dragons on a timer content stupid, sue me! Okay at the very least randomly add 1 or the other to eSot and eLoL with which one showing up in the chest as random. Some prize to blunt the "Range" of having uber rare books drop. It is weird that the only way to blunt the "randomness of drops" is to stop doing the content with the random drops in the first place. Whaaa? That is: don't like the 1% chance of a drop? Just don't play the game. If you added 1 cult secret and 1 dragon lore to eSoT and eLoL, it would say, "don't like the range? Well in 100 runs you are guarenteed a drop."

Technically you are doubling the expected value of eSot and eLoL, but you are greatly diminishing the variance by doing this.

I support this 100%!
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I would also suggest adding multiple Cult Secrets, Sigils and Lores to the heroic dragon encounters if you achieve great success and just one of them if you didn't get great success.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At least if they added 1 at a random to the end of eSot and eLoL it says:
    "This run of group content is guaranteed to get you as far a long toward the boon as a single dragon in a public zone."

It sucks that you can do eSoT and eLoL and be no closer to getting a boon then when you started. I mean with normal gear drop rates that sort of "you are no closer then when you started" is tolerable, but with something like a 1% chance it starts to be suspicious that public dragons can get you steadily toward your goal, while group content does not. That is what I am trying to disrupt.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I have all boons, but this is still a good idea.

If nothing else, I could get SOMETHING out of running endless amounts of skirmish/elol's. (get a book and sell it..)

As it is, I get r5 and 66 silver and a scroll for my efforts. Very nice!

New 13k gs req dungeon drops t1 or blue trash items. I would love to hear their reasoning behind that. This goes for last boss as well, the dragon. That one actually doesn't even drop anything most of the time, and when it finally does, it's GREEN JUNK!

Laughable.
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited October 2014
    great idea!
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    NO!

It would be a pain for the people who already worked hard.

Stop being lazy and farm !!
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NO!

Lol, 100 sigils and secrets per book? seriously? 20 days of farming 5 dragons? this would reduce it to what? 17 day.

The whole system is already a giant pain and time sink. I spend something like 4+ hours a day doing the bare minimum of dailies. This isn't lazy dude.
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NO!

Well when I see in zen market that you can unlock dread ring and sharandar campaign I was upset as well. BUt can they put this one also and could they also have lvl 60 unlock in zen market I want 6 different char with unlock campaign and lvl 60 char in an instant.
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited October 2014
    try doing it on more than 1 toon.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its not about being lazy.. after getting three boons on 5 toons, Ive done more then my share of grinding, I cannot simply do it anymore.

2 toons maybe, 5, no way and my 6th i cant even start TOD i hate it that much.

I agree with OP 100% it needs to be done, before we start loosing more.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NO!

No. Running eSOT takes at least as long as running one dragon zone. So it is not less grinding it is less waiting to grind. And even if you did all of them for Mod4 word is you need more books in Mod5 so it would help you too...
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bad idea. You can run eLOL as many times as you can. That means you can get all the lores and secrets required for the entire campaign in a day. If Cryptic want to run the campaign this way, I bet they will rather sell the campaign completion kit for 5000 zen a piece now.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In all honesty, I would rather have them put some of this stuff in the Campaign Chest in the 6 day celestial coins.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    healary wrote: »
    Bad idea. You can run eLOL as many times as you can. That means you can get all the lores and secrets required for the entire campaign in a day. If Cryptic want to run the campaign this way, I bet they will rather sell the campaign completion kit for 5000 zen a piece now.

No say you could run ESOT in 15 minutes and had a group that could run it for 8 hours straight that would be 32 of each. Now a book is 1.5 mil AD or 3k zen or 30$. If you cannot make 30$ in 8 hours you fail at life.

Edit: or you live in a thrid world country in which case I do not begrudge you working that hard at a game you enjoy enough to do that.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yes. Not all of us have the time to do dozens of common causes each day.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

And? Each of the boon books cost 100 of each.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bad idea. You can run eLOL as many times as you can. That means you can get all the lores and secrets required for the entire campaign in a day.

I don't see how this is an issue. By the time you unlock eLoL, you're already at the "end" of the campaign.

Adding the chance of a sigil or secret to the EPIC versions of the chest would also motivate more people to stopping farming the easier normal modes, and step into the epic versions.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only way I could see this happen is if this was added to the "special" chest (where you either have to create the key of buy it in the Zen store). This is simply not going to be added to the "free" chest - too easy to farm.

One possibility might be to award *one* sigil/secret per day for doing eSoT and eLoL.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    The only way I could see this happen is if this was added to the "special" chest (where you either have to create the key of buy it in the Zen store). This is simply not going to be added to the "free" chest - too easy to farm.

One possibility might be to award *one* sigil/secret per day for doing eSoT and eLoL.

Its better then nothing..

I think if they also add 3 scrolls on the weekly portal quest, at least , you would eventually get the books that way. It would take forever, but that way there is a viable way to skip the stupid waiting on the spawn dragons thing.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I finally completed all the boons for ToD last night, although the tome for the 4th boon did drop in SoT a while back. I'm glad to be done with it - the only problem is my second toon now has to go through the same slog to achieve this. I cannot do the Dragon dailies on more than one toon at a time as it is a soul-destroying experience. I'm currently farming SoT in the hope that the RNG gods smile on me again sometime and give me another tome as I'm still so far away from getting the specified currency for the tome needed to unlock the 4th boon. Then rinse-repeat for another month or more for boon 5...yay!

At least give us the option of using Celestial Coins to buy sigils or secrets as with Sharandar and Dread Ring if being opposed to giving us the currency through LoL/SoT chests.

A bit OT but I was thinking about it some this morning, and the only time I feel rewarded by this game is when Akro gives out free companions during the livestreams and that is not even when I'm playing the game. Everything else in NW just feels like a chore these days with little to no rewards for my mammoth efforts.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a really good idea...
  • Options
    glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am honestly trying to understand. We have four different campaign expansions, and four different methods of working our way through them. There is always going to be a "time sink " in advancing your characters growth. Every game ever made has that. What would be a good way to make it take a month or two for you character to work your way through a campaign. Please. I see the dev's honestly trying different things - some easier than others.

Sharandar you had to go to travel over a large map area to finish quests.

Dread did the opposite, you had a much smaller map with option quests and a daily mini dungeon to advance campaign.

Ice wind dale had a medium sized location with an attempt to make the experience more dynamic and open concept.

Tyranny of Dragons is trying to build on the open concept format by integrating more with the game world, making it more pve.

So how could the campaign tracking system be improved ?
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    heck, just make a new dragon skirmish daily with those as the reward. This would ease the pain a bit.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree that there needs to be more ways to get the sigils/scrolls for the boon books than grinding dailies, but i wouldn't add 1 sigil + 1 scroll as guaranteed drop from the skirmish, since you have a 24/7 free chest there, while in eLoL you would need to spend 5k AD to open it.

Also getting the scrolls/sigils from eLoL would still be a big time/AD investment.

Doing the dailies takes you ~1h for the 5 zones. You need to do it for ~17 days, that's 17 hours invested / book.

If eLoL would drop 1 sigil + 1 scroll every run, you would need to do 100 eLoL runs / book, which is 100x ~10mins or ~17 hours. So timewise, it's the same amount of grind, while AD-wise you would spend an extra 500k AD opening the chests.

So getting the books by farming eLoL would be a bigger investment, bith AD & timewise, than doing the dailies, esp since most parties can't do eLoL in 10mins.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

and one sigil.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

Do you mean Cult Secrets on eSoT and Dragon SIGILS (I believe you meant) to eLoL or one of both to bot dungeons? I think getting the books would become too easy if you could get one from running 50 eSoTs, which is done in quite fast with half decent group, probably in one day...

I would like to see Page of Arcane Lore x5/10 to be exchangeable to one of either tokens, as currently I am flooding my inventory with Lore form the dailies/weeklies and there is nothing to do with them...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dev: no problem, we can add 1 of each currency to the quests, in turn we adjust the number of necessary currencies in the TaD campaign 'slightly'
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!